100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    @hope4change_val Yay for headache leaving!!!

Today is a rainy, gloomy day out. Definitely not getting out to walk today. Might do some laps here in the building at work later.

Have a great day, y'all!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Humid and hazy during the walk this morning + 11 cents, 67 to 69 degrees depending on the source of the Temp reading. On my walk I passed two new graveyards that were not there last week. The first one had ghosts all over the gravestones and the second one had Zombies and Skeletons halfway out of the ground :)

Then When I got home from the walk I had a burst of energy and Put the Window in the side doors storm door, Pulled the AC and closed the Storm Window and did the Front bedroom window, putting the screen up and the Glass in. Now I am ready for the forecast heave rains overnight into Tomorrow :)

Yup Halloween is coming. Those are the first Halloween decorations I have seen. Yesterday I saw one house that had Christmas light lit too. It seems early since the leafs on the trees are just starting to turn.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    Terri70 wrote: »
    I'm proud of myself. I just got done doing a 16 minute fast walk. Y'all just don't understand how HUGE this is for me! lol Whew! I hope I can keep this up and do it at least 2 or 3 times this week. Baby steps!

Hi Terri
    When I started walking I could almost walk around the block earlier this year. I have now worked up to 2.75 to 2.85 miles a day. Congratulations on getting started, I credit the walking for some of my weight loss success.
    I use this site on my computer to figure out how far I have walked: http://www.mapmyrun.com/
    Find running maps and map your running route with MapMyRun.com. Whether you are jogging or marathon training, try our online or mobile running apps free

Good Luck
    Roger
    My headache left (hurray!), and my arms are scabbed, but no more swelling.

Hi Val
    Congratulations on getting better, I know You are much happier now.

Cheers
    Roger
    @hope4change_val Yay for headache leaving!!!

Today is a rainy, gloomy day out. Definitely not getting out to walk today. Might do some laps here in the building at work later.

Have a great day, y'all!

Hi Terri
    Our rain is moving in later on today into tomorrow, The Optimistic forecasts show a range of 1"+ to 6"+ depending on what part of NJ you look at with the NW showing the worst amounts.

Cheers, BTW You could try Mall walking
    Roger
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good Day NS Buddies. Hope everyone is well. The rain began last night here in OH butit does not appear to be too heavy. Went this morning for my first Aqua therapy session- I am hopeful I can get more mobile and lose some pounds - down a total of 72.4 since NS start. Need to get rid of another 22.6 to then feel entitled to get in the Ortho surgeon's face and ask, NOW??? can I have a new hip please? :) Have a nice Tuesday all! Bev
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    5mates wrote: »
    Good Day NS Buddies. Hope everyone is well. The rain began last night here in OH butit does not appear to be too heavy. Went this morning for my first Aqua therapy session- I am hopeful I can get more mobile and lose some pounds - down a total of 72.4 since NS start. Need to get rid of another 22.6 to then feel entitled to get in the Ortho surgeon's face and ask, NOW??? can I have a new hip please? :) Have a nice Tuesday all! Bev

Awesome progress Bev! replacement joints can make a world of a difference. I don't have any, but every friend who does is so grateful for that technology.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger...you had me going for a minute with those new graveyards in your neighborhood!
  • 5mates
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thanks - I feel much better all around except the hip! I had the left one replaced in Nov of 2012 and it was the best decision I every made! I highly recommend it! The right hip was going to but chose the worst one to get it replaced. The good news is that they have a new procedure that is quicker recovery and less chance of dislocation in the future - two things I absolutely want but I have to reduce the belly a bit more to achieve the best results.
    I appreciate any cheering on to keep me motivated - thanks!

• scrappin99
    scrappin99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Finally left the land of catatonia after the last 4 days - drugged up on pain meds, mostly slept - missed a few doses - took off sling today and drove for the first time since Fri as well. Arm still a bit ouchy in various areas - funny how the pain relocates - way better than Fri/sat tho.

As DH had stitches in his hand and I didn't think to hand him rubber gloves - he couldn't do the dishes so they piled up. I finally decided to tackle them - started then my back started to hurt, so sat down. Bad idea. I reached for a qt and 2 cup glass measure with my right, dominant arm and almost dropped them while getting them in the sink - and pop - then endless pain!

I've rested ad nauseum - thank goodness I've never had a broken arm or rotator cuff injury - the sling got really old, quickly, tho it did help. Couldn't stand 6 wks of that, glad I haven't had to. Nice to be cognitive again.

Dropped my RX for glasses off this morning, went to golf dinner tonight - yum - they had the best walnut butternut risotto and a sliver of casada cake - just enuf to finish off a fab meal. Tomorrow pick up BFF at 10 and take her to the airport at 2 so she can go home to Dallas. Looking like driving won't be an issue.

Another friend invited me to go see the Intern tomorrow - but had to pass. Blissfully, October is mostly open - no med appts except PCP at end of month - need to track down free flu shot too. Have to buy my new insulin pump. StepSon doing his annual dinner and movie night, Son's bd at end of month, and Dad's 90th in the middle. Hoping to make one homemade bd card and copy it 90 times, tie a ribbon around the stack and gift that to him on his birthday - at least that's the plan!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Thanks - I feel much better all around except the hip! I had the left one replaced in Nov of 2012 and it was the best decision I every made! I highly recommend it! The right hip was going to but chose the worst one to get it replaced. The good news is that they have a new procedure that is quicker recovery and less chance of dislocation in the future - two things I absolutely want but I have to reduce the belly a bit more to achieve the best results.

Bev- you really can do this! You get a very clear and needed 'reward' for losing the weight, and that new hip will make every aspect of life that much easier, which will help you keep moving and keep the weight down. Are there specific activities and/or places you want to go once you regain that ease if movement? Maybe post those pictures in your fridge to help you stay focused on your dream activities or places...which you can only have after the weight loss and new hip. I'm cheering for you!!!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    scrappin99 wrote: »
    Finally left the land of catatonia after the last 4 days - drugged up on pain meds, mostly slept - missed a few doses - took off sling today and drove for the first time since Fri as well. Arm still a bit ouchy in various areas - funny how the pain relocates - way better than Fri/sat tho.

As DH had stitches in his hand and I didn't think to hand him rubber gloves - he couldn't do the dishes so they piled up. I finally decided to tackle them - started then my back started to hurt, so sat down. Bad idea. I reached for a qt and 2 cup glass measure with my right, dominant arm and almost dropped them while getting them in the sink - and pop - then endless pain!

I've rested ad nauseum - thank goodness I've never had a broken arm or rotator cuff injury - the sling got really old, quickly, tho it did help. Couldn't stand 6 wks of that, glad I haven't had to. Nice to be cognitive again.

Dropped my RX for glasses off this morning, went to golf dinner tonight - yum - they had the best walnut butternut risotto and a sliver of casada cake - just enuf to finish off a fab meal. Tomorrow pick up BFF at 10 and take her to the airport at 2 so she can go home to Dallas. Looking like driving won't be an issue.

Another friend invited me to go see the Intern tomorrow - but had to pass. Blissfully, October is mostly open - no med appts except PCP at end of month - need to track down free flu shot too. Have to buy my new insulin pump. StepSon doing his annual dinner and movie night, Son's bd at end of month, and Dad's 90th in the middle. Hoping to make one homemade bd card and copy it 90 times, tie a ribbon around the stack and gift that to him on his birthday - at least that's the plan!

Hi Shirl, so glad you didn't drive while catatonic! Good to hear you're making progress on your arm healing. I previously severed my rotator cuff and boy oh boy was that something!

I was rolling w laughter about your not handing the gloves to your DH. Maybe changing to paper plates/cups for a while would make things easier.

I like the 90 bd cards idea...very cute. Tell him happy bd from your MFP friends too.

Hugs, Val
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It Rained Yesterday then stopped, then rained overnight. When I checked it this morning the rain had stopped so I went out walking. I got 1 block and it started misting, By the time I reached the Quick Chek for my Coffee it was a light rain :) Then when I left it had stopped again so I kept going. On the return leg it started drizzling again so I pulled on the Frogg Toggs, 4 blocks later it stopped again, 2.9 miles walked, 74 and Humid when I started at 5:26 AM, the only saving thing was the nice breeze. According to the local News12 Cable Channel we had 1.5" + overnight of rain. Other areas less and more :)

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
    Good Day NS Buddies. Hope everyone is well. The rain began last night here in OH but it does not appear to be too heavy. Went this morning for my first Aqua therapy session- I am hopeful I can get more mobile and lose some pounds - down a total of 72.4 since NS start. Need to get rid of another 22.6 to then feel entitled to get in the Ortho surgeon's face and ask, NOW??? can I have a new hip please? :) Have a nice Tuesday all! Bev

Hi Bev
    It is nice to be pain free and completely mobile, I wish You luck in Your pursuit of that goal. I know mom wished she had no put off the knees so long. She was a different person afterwards.

Good Luck with the Aqua Therapy Sessions
    Roger
    Roger...you had me going for a minute with those new graveyards in your neighborhood!

Hi Val
    Would You believe that so far You are the only one that commented regarding them?

If I remember to change the batteries in the camera I may try for pictures when the weather is better, less wet IOWs.

I hope it was not too much? I was a little surprised to see Halloween Decorations already in September.

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Again
    That Sounds like good news that the new procedure is a better way to do it.

I would have done the worst one first too. I guess they would not do both at the same time? I know Mom had both knees done at the same time on the recommendation of people that said once You have one done You may not want to go through that again.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Shirl
    Welcome back. Those darn medications can really get to you. I took an OTC antihistamine at work once. I was so tired from it I was useless and afraid to drive home too.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • scrappin99
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Roger - glad to know folks are already decorating for Halloween - all too soon it's gonna be winter. Had brunch at Cracker Barrel today - they have Halloween and Christmas stuff out. Had yummy apple/cranberry french toast, tasted a corner in the cinnamon syrup at the end, cheesy eggs and smoked sausage - yum, yum. Met our friend Pam who works at Key bank in that area, actually Key sold land to all the diners that are now there, so if it would have been nicer, she could have walked. So spoiled - my BFF has paid for everything since she arrived. Dropped her off at the airport for her return to Dallas and then home - to a another crisis.

While here - shared some min maid lemonade drops - went to fridge to get cold filtered water - lights out, wouldn't give us any water, DH took a look while I was gone - realized that there are no indicator lights either.

FRIDGE dead! 6 yrs old - Kenmore LG - repair folks think the mother board went - pricey - around 500 - but still cheaper than a new fridge. But here's the real kicker - Sears said 1 to 4 wks prior to coming out for a repair call, finally offered 10/7. Local repair shops offered Monday. Called LG - next one offered Wed, 2 offered Friday - one preordering part, the other couldn't, would have to come out, dx, then come back once part is in. Part has to come from LG - what a pain. Of course the one willing to order the part charges 2x as much for a service call and they do repairs like Mercedes does - from a preprinted price list. Said part alone is $320. What a bummer..

Cleaned out fridge - checked all expiration dates, pitched a ton of condiments. My cooking leans to the eclectic - purchase lots of condiments only used occasionally but that all have to reside in the fridge once opened. Will clean fridge out tomorrow. Carted full fridge of stuff to mom's who thankfully has a 2nd fridge in their basement. Wasn't what I planned on doing today, at all.

Stopped for cold beer on the way home and tried to snag some McKensie's pumpkin hard apple cider - the owner said he ordered 10 cases which sold out in 3 days, no more til next year. Bummer - that stuff is good. I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but had most of a cold beer tonight - will be the last cold beverage for a while I guess.

Watching Buffy for some mindless fun.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Around my neighborhood there are lots if Halloween decorations....including inflatable ghosts, horses, and even haunted houses. My dogs get scared of the inflatables.

Antihistamines don't make me sleepy. Helpful for allergies, but not for insomnia.

I love my boss. She called me and said "I just sent you a file...I can't delete the macros, can you?" Without thinking, I opened her file and deleted all the macros. Then she said. "Uh oh, um, maybe you shouldn't have done that." When I did that, I deleted all MY Word macros too.
  • Terri70
    Options
    Ok. I TOTALLY went off plan yesterday. Couldn't even act like I was on plan! I know why too! I am sooooo frustrated with not losing weight that it's not funny. I'm just frustrated because I lose a lb then gain a lb and it's been like this for a month or so now. What do you do to keep motivated when you're in a stall? Any suggestions?
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    When I left the house at 5:23 it was 19 degrees cooler than yesterday and breezy. I remembered the Long sleeve shirt, I forgot to being gloves and had cold hands the entire walk :(
    I did pick up 4+ pounds of Black walnuts on the return leg. I cracked a few that had been run over by cars and the thus the green shell was gone exposing the Inner shell. They look OK despite being smallish in size this year compared to other years. I suspect that may be due to The Mild drought conditions.

I got my BBB Yesterday, No sign or indication that the BWB has shipped.

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger

P.S. I posted this yesterday:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10261815/nutrisystem-packaging-changing-plus-one-substitution
    Roger - glad to know folks are already decorating for Halloween - all too soon it's gonna be winter. Had brunch at Cracker Barrel today - they have Halloween and Christmas stuff out. Had yummy apple/cranberry french toast, tasted a corner in the cinnamon syrup at the end, cheesy eggs and smoked sausage - yum, yum. Met our friend Pam who works at Key bank in that area, actually Key sold land to all the diners that are now there, so if it would have been nicer, she could have walked. So spoiled - my BFF has paid for everything since she arrived. Dropped her off at the airport for her return to Dallas and then home - to a another crisis.

While here - shared some min maid lemonade drops - went to fridge to get cold filtered water - lights out, wouldn't give us any water, DH took a look while I was gone - realized that there are no indicator lights either.

FRIDGE dead! 6 yrs old - Kenmore LG - repair folks think the mother board went - pricey - around 500 - but still cheaper than a new fridge. But here's the real kicker - Sears said 1 to 4 wks prior to coming out for a repair call, finally offered 10/7. Local repair shops offered Monday. Called LG - next one offered Wed, 2 offered Friday - one preordering part, the other couldn't, would have to come out, dx, then come back once part is in. Part has to come from LG - what a pain. Of course the one willing to order the part charges 2x as much for a service call and they do repairs like Mercedes does - from a preprinted price list. Said part alone is $320. What a bummer..

Cleaned out fridge - checked all expiration dates, pitched a ton of condiments. My cooking leans to the eclectic - purchase lots of condiments only used occasionally but that all have to reside in the fridge once opened. Will clean fridge out tomorrow. Carted full fridge of stuff to mom's who thankfully has a 2nd fridge in their basement. Wasn't what I planned on doing today, at all.

Stopped for cold beer on the way home and tried to snag some McKensie's pumpkin hard apple cider - the owner said he ordered 10 cases which sold out in 3 days, no more til next year. Bummer - that stuff is good. I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but had most of a cold beer tonight - will be the last cold beverage for a while I guess.

Watching Buffy for some mindless fun.

HI Shirl
    I was upset that I had to spring for the labor on our Amana Refrigerator, On the Inside when I looked for the model number It is a Whirlpool. This is the second time the Defrost Cycle drain has plugged up, They cam out with a New improved part that should eliminate the problem. They paid for the part but not the labor :(

It is also not that old just like Your is pretty new. A refrigerator should be trouble free for longer than that. Too many fancy Bells and whistles that just create less reliability.

I think I would check the internet for reviews on Your model and then decide. It could be a common problem, That was what I found when I checked on my refrigerator and that they had a revised part to eliminate further problems.

Good Luck with the repairs
    Roger
    Around my neighborhood there are lots if Halloween decorations....including inflatable ghosts, horses, and even haunted houses. My dogs get scared of the inflatables.

Antihistamines don't make me sleepy. Helpful for allergies, but not for insomnia.

I love my boss. She called me and said "I just sent you a file...I can't delete the macros, can you?" Without thinking, I opened her file and deleted all the macros. Then she said. "Uh oh, um, maybe you shouldn't have done that." When I did that, I deleted all MY Word macros too.

Hi Val
    You gotta love it when You do what they asked and then they says oops!

BTW The file should still be in Your email attachments? Email?

Good Luck
    Roger
    Ok. I TOTALLY went off plan yesterday. Couldn't even act like I was on plan! I know why too! I am sooooo frustrated with not losing weight that it's not funny. I'm just frustrated because I lose a lb then gain a lb and it's been like this for a month or so now. What do you do to keep motivated when you're in a stall? Any suggestions?

Hi Terri
    What I did was call the NutriSystem Counselors and we went over what I was doing and eating. That pinned down the problem and and I was back on track.

I hope You are logging everything that goes into You mouth to help diagnose. My food log even shows the Black unsweetened coffee :)

A couple of possible problems points.
    1. Anything under 5 calories a serving can show 0 calories in the nutrition according to the government rules. Thus You can be eating a lot of 0 calorie items and actually be getting calories.

2. Anything off plan?

3. Scale everything.

4. Unlimited vegetables still have calories that can impact loss.

5. Use high quality PFs such as lean meat, skinless Chicken Breast for example or Greek Yogurt, Not String cheese.

6. Use HQ SCs such as fruits and not breads.

7. All vegetables are not vegetables on NutriSystem. Potatoes, Corn or Winter Squash for example are a SC and not a Vegetable
    Example. Tomatoes are low calories however what calories they have come from natural sugars.

So my suggestion is keep a written diary of everything for couple of days than call the counselors.
    Verify with the Counselors that You are on the right plan for Your weight, Height, Exercise level, I was plateaued from not eating enough.

Do not be discouraged we all hit plateaus, the trick is to keep on plan.
    Good Luck
    Roger
  • scrappin99
    Options
    interesting camping out at home.

Realized that the cold dessert due at a Wed mtg may not happen so formulated a back up plan.

Did little today - messed with some financial stuff and watched TV.

Wind here just about a steady 20 mph. Wondering if from hurricane. Knocked over my tall cosmos and broke half of them, so now they're in my kitchen. The wind chimes haven't stopped singing either.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked despite the weather, Light rain and windy and low 50s.
    I walked a part of the walk and picked up my coffee and returned to the house. Then I went back out and did some more walking after changing to better gloves as the Brown Jersey were not cutting it in the rain. As I result when I ran the map for distance I had covered 3.66 miles between the two outings.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    interesting camping out at home.

Realized that the cold dessert due at a Wed mtg may not happen so formulated a back up plan.

Did little today - messed with some financial stuff and watched TV.

Wind here just about a steady 20 mph. Wondering if from hurricane. Knocked over my tall cosmos and broke half of them, so now they're in my kitchen. The wind chimes haven't stopped singing either.

Hi Shirl
    It was windy when I went walking and the weatherman says it will get windier. I do not believe it is anything to do with the Hurricane. This one is a different Weather system, They are calling it a Nor'Easter.

It sounds as if You are having a OK and restful day.

I need to get back out for Bananas or else take the backpack tomorrow and go by the Grocery Store on my walk so I have them for my Saturday Breakfast.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Terri70
    Options
    @RogerToo I needed that. Thanks.

Well I wasn't on plan again yesterday. I didn't go over calories, but I still wasn't on plan. I'm having an awful time. Now I'm just not hungry and every time I think about making myself eat, I get a queasy feeling in my stomach. Maybe it's from eating all the junk I ate the other day? Maybe I'm getting sick? I don't know. I've brought everything that I'm supposed to eat for the day with me to work, but every time I look at it or think about it I get disgusted. UGH!!!!!!!!!! Dang! If it ain't one thing it's another. I gotta get back into this!!!!

I'm supposed to get my BBB today and my BWB tomorrow. Maybe that will help.

Have a great day y'all!
  • 5mates
    Options
    Hi NS buddies and Happy Friday. Thanks for cheering me on over the past few days. I finally got my head in the game again a week or so ago and my official WI this morning indicates 6 lbs gotten rid of this past week for a total NS loss of 76.8 lbs. It is as if I just started the program for the first time and this was my first week! I am beyond thrilled because I truly believe I can do this (again.)
    Terri - I feel your frustration. As many on the board here know, I was down 70 lbs by the end of March when my ortho surgeon told me I had to lose 25 more to get a hip replacement operation. My question and head game all summer up until about 2 weeks ago was, "so when is 70 lbs no longer a good thing :) ?" I mentally fought the additional 25 pounds for months and months - losing a pound here, gaining a pound there - I thought I knew better. Then recently, I finally woke up and asked myself - "who are you really hurting here, arguing this?" That's when I had to just pick myself up, dust myself off and say - ok - this is important. You may not like it, it may not make sense, but YOU have to do this. I think you know by now, most of this is a mental game. Since no one has ever tied me down and force fed me high calorie foods, I know that I gain and lose weight more by my attitude than anything else.
    My 2 cents and my philosophy for any behavioral change has always been - "change one thing". Sometimes all of the change we need to make is too overwhelming and we tend to give up. But, if you just focus on that one thing - whether it is sticking to the plan, drinking the water, taking a walk - or whatever, the success you have from that one little change, breeds other changes and other successes.
    I wish you luck in your struggle with the evil plateau. Hate the plateau - not your program, your behaviors or yourself :) .
  • Terri70
    Options
    @5mates OMG 6 lbs in one week is awesome!!!! Thank you for your pep talk. I definitely needed it. So far doing good today, with plans to keep it up! I want to get out of the 240's for good!
  • 5mates
    Options
    @5mates OMG 6 lbs in one week is awesome!!!! Thank you for your pep talk. I definitely needed it. So far doing good today, with plans to keep it up! I want to get out of the 240's for good!

Great - keep up the good work!