100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Such sad news, @RogerToo Very sorry to hear this! RIP Shirl!
  • Daisylee87
    Daisylee87 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So sad :/ she was having such a rough time with everything going on at the house. She was still so positive and always had a kind encouraging word for everyone
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Roger, thanks for posting about Shirl. So sad...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking today, Second day, no money found. The weather is not too bad today, sweatshirt and light gloves only.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Terri70 wrote: »
    Such sad news, @RogerToo Very sorry to hear this! RIP Shirl!

Hi Terri
    She was So Young too, Only 65.

Cheers
    Roger
    Daisylee87 wrote: »
    So sad :/ she was having such a rough time with everything going on at the house. She was still so positive and always had a kind encouraging word for everyone

Hi Daisylee
    You are so right, She had a positive attitude despite house and health issues.

She and I had been posting in the same message threads since early last year when I joined NS..
    Roger
    Roger, thanks for posting about Shirl. So sad...

Hi Val
    I felt bad posting bad news but I felt better to let everybody know than to have them think she just dropped out.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    On todays walk I started out later than usual so I could go to the dollar store. I picked up 10 Halloween decorations and put them up as I get ready for the holiday. They also had Christmas decorations for sale already.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    No wogging for me today...working 2sm to 9pm and I'm beat!!!!!
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Roger - thank you for the posting about Shirl. I always looked forward to her postings and was even able to get some menu ideas from her. I know she suffered greatly and is at peace now but she was a pleasure to have in our virtual group and will be missed.
  • 5mates
    Options
    NS Buddies - had my weekly WI this morning and lost again - total since starting NS - 81 lbs on the nose. I am very thankful for this. I am also thankful that after my visit to the ortho surgeon on Monday morning, he agreed to schedule me for a hip replacement - coming 11/11. 27 more days of this pain and then I get to go to sleep and wake up without it - I'm stoked! I would like to congratulate all the losers and especially Daisylees's great accomplishment! I am 18 lbs away from taking a momentous picture of my WI - wish me luck!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I got out walking today, I'm showing 9300 steps on the Fitbit zip.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
    5mates wrote: »
    Roger - thank you for the posting about Shirl. I always looked forward to her postings and was even able to get some menu ideas from her. I know she suffered greatly and is at peace now but she was a pleasure to have in our virtual group and will be missed.

Hi Bev
    She always seemed to stay positive. I must agree with the missed too.
    NS Buddies - had my weekly WI this morning and lost again - total since starting NS - 81 lbs on the nose. I am very thankful for this. I am also thankful that after my visit to the ortho surgeon on Monday morning, he agreed to schedule me for a hip replacement - coming 11/11. 27 more days of this pain and then I get to go to sleep and wake up without it - I'm stoked! I would like to congratulate all the losers and especially Daisylees's great accomplishment! I am 18 lbs away from taking a momentous picture of my WI - wish me luck!

Hi Again
    Congratulations on the loss and What I will call a NSV, The Surgery being scheduled too.

Good Luck
    Roger
    No wogging for me today...working 2sm to 9pm and I'm beat!!!!!

Hi Val
    Get some rest, We'll see You another day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options

81 pounds is wonderful!!!!!! Congrats on the loss plus getting your new hip scheduled. Getting rid of the hip pain will promote more exercise! Awesome. Looking forward to the picture!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Work is killing me...yesterday they made a template so I worked late moving all my information onto it. Worked all day today...then at 5pm, they deleted that document and posted a new template. Panicked because I lost all my work...the person who deleted it got it out of the e-trash...but again I have to move all my stuff into yet another new template!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Took my new Inexpensive Digital Camera, $29 + Tax at Walmart, with me walking this morning. I did have to get a SD card for it so I used a 16Gb from a defunct Digital Camera that Got exposed to salt air at the shore. I have posted some images from around town and Some Halloween pictures. Feel free to add Your Own Halloween images.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10270373/halloween-pictures?new=1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10270374/our-little-lake-in-town

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

81 pounds is wonderful!!!!!! Congrats on the loss plus getting your new hip scheduled. Getting rid of the hip pain will promote more exercise! Awesome. Looking forward to the picture!

Hi Val
    Bev is doing good and I am sure that being pain free will help her lose faster. According to what I have heard and seen You lose faster (better?) with a good nights sleep, That includes a long enough nights sleep.
    Work is killing me...yesterday they made a template so I worked late moving all my information onto it. Worked all day today...then at 5pm, they deleted that document and posted a new template. Panicked because I lost all my work...the person who deleted it got it out of the e-trash...but again I have to move all my stuff into yet another new template!

Hi Again
    I am surprised that they did not have a import function to import from the old to the new?

It sounds as if You need to keep a backup locally.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    You're do right about sleep helping w weight loss ...and health in general. My normal average sleep per fitbit is 2-3 hrs. Last 2 nights I've improved to just over 4! I know, that's still not good. I try.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    You're do right about sleep helping w weight loss ...and health in general. My normal average sleep per fitbit is 2-3 hrs. Last 2 nights I've improved to just over 4! I know, that's still not good. I try.

Hi Val
    I know I do not get as much sleep as I like either :(
    My Little Fitbit Zip does not track sleep AFAIK.

Good Luck getting more sleep
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Wogged more than 5 miles today! I'm feeling good. But, concerned about my old dog. Oscar is 10 years old, 110 lbs. Mastiff/Lab mix. He is such a love. I know that super big dogs live 9-12 years, and he made it! On our morning wog, his back left leg gave out a few times. For the evening, I only took him and the Chihuahua (leaving the younger dogs home)...again his back left gave out, but then also he stumbled repeatedly on both his front legs and stopped...just stood there. I sat down with him and petted him till he got up again. And then I walked slowly with him. When I leave him home and take the 5-year olds out without him, he cries! So, it is heartbreaking to leave him, and getting concerning to take him. I don't think I could carry him home (house is up hill from all around...great for the rain to drain away, but not so good when you want to get your hurt pup home). Doggie wheelchairs run $700 for his size...but it takes two people to get the dog into it. He is such a sweet dog. Going to take things a day at a time. We are supposed to get some rain here, so will use that as an excuse to exercise inside...and give him break from wogging.

Take care all, Val
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Things have been CRAZY in my life. I'm moving Saturday! UGH! Soooo much stuff to do. Did lose a lb for my WI this morning, so I'm happy about that. But this move has me so stressed. My face is breaking out from it, but I'm not over eating. I could use a couple able bodies to help move if you feel so inclined! lol Right now it's just me, my 17 year old son, my 23 year old daughter and my 4'10" sister-in-law. This is going to be interesting. That's for sure. I put out an email to my grad students requesting help but no one has offered to help yet. UGH!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Temperature was showing 29 degrees on the closed in front porch when I left the house this morning, nearby town was at 23 degrees, Brrr...
    I decided to shorten my walk today, 2.36 miles, when despite three layers of gloves My fingers were hurting from the cold. That would be leather gloves with a thin flannel lining and over those two layers of Brown Jersey gloves.

I picked up a coffee for my brother on the way back home. Currently the 7 Eleven refill is $1.34 which is what I paid on the outbound leg and then I got him a nice new cup and the price on that is currently $1.92 with tax down from a earlier this year $2.13.

Happy Monday
    Roger
    Wogged more than 5 miles today! I'm feeling good. But, concerned about my old dog. Oscar is 10 years old, 110 lbs. Mastiff/Lab mix. He is such a love. I know that super big dogs live 9-12 years, and he made it! On our morning wog, his back left leg gave out a few times. For the evening, I only took him and the Chihuahua (leaving the younger dogs home)...again his back left gave out, but then also he stumbled repeatedly on both his front legs and stopped...just stood there. I sat down with him and petted him till he got up again. And then I walked slowly with him. When I leave him home and take the 5-year olds out without him, he cries! So, it is heartbreaking to leave him, and getting concerning to take him. I don't think I could carry him home (house is up hill from all around...great for the rain to drain away, but not so good when you want to get your hurt pup home). Doggie wheelchairs run $700 for his size...but it takes two people to get the dog into it. He is such a sweet dog. Going to take things a day at a time. We are supposed to get some rain here, so will use that as an excuse to exercise inside...and give him break from wogging.

Take care all, Val

Hi Val
    I am sorry to hear the bad news regarding Your Dog. I suppose You thought about looking at a garage sale for a childs wagon to take on the walks? I did not even know they made Doggie Wheelchairs.

I have seen people pick their dog up during some of my walks but they were small dogs. 110 Pounds I can see that won't work.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning, everyone! Things have been CRAZY in my life. I'm moving Saturday! UGH! Soooo much stuff to do. Did lose a lb for my WI this morning, so I'm happy about that. But this move has me so stressed. My face is breaking out from it, but I'm not over eating. I could use a couple able bodies to help move if you feel so inclined! lol Right now it's just me, my 17 year old son, my 23 year old daughter and my 4'10" sister-in-law. This is going to be interesting. That's for sure. I put out an email to my grad students requesting help but no one has offered to help yet. UGH!

Hi Terri
    Congratulations on Your Loss. It has to be hard when feeling stressed out too so that makes it doubly good.

Good Luck with the move
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about Shirl. I know she had health problems, but she also seemed active and full of life. I know she was filled with kindness and love. I am shocked, and my heart goes out to her family, and to all of you who knew her even better. <3
  • 5mates
    Options

Hi Val - I don't wear mine to bed anymore because it troubled me about the sleep I was not getting - probably kept me awake thinking about it :) I decided to just wear it during active periods...
  • 5mates
    Options

Having just moved myself last weekend - I can feel your pain! Perhaps the grad students would work for beer? :)