TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Sunday is kind of a anniversary. I was sick with a cyst in my sinus and had to have surgery. I was in a ceremony where I wore a Purple formal and the pictures showed me how bad I had gained weight over the 18 months I was sick with the sinus thing and the doctor kept throwing antibiotics at me.
    I had the surgery and April 21st I started to lose weight. Sunday is the same ceremony and I will be doing the same position. I plan on taking a picture in the same dress and but will wear a different dress for the actual ceremony. I have not put the dress on since that day. size 24 down to size 14, 98 lbs down, 10 inches off my waist in 11 months. I will post the pictures after Sunday.

OMG, Gayle. This is so awesome. :smile: I am so happy for you. Please do share the pics so we can all celebrate with you. Keep up the tremendous work. We are so proud.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    Wow! Just saw the announcement about us being the winning team!!! So proud of all of you! And we are well on track for week 2! Hopefully my neck and shoulder heal quickly (called in sick to rest my shoulder and then it was a snow day anyway!!! Spent it lying down on painkillers and muscle relaxants.)

Amazing effort by all! Despite family issues, injuries and all the other things life throws our way, we did it!!!!

I just went into the spreadsheet to log my AM workout minutes and we have already reached our miles/minutes goal for the week. Everything added to the spreadsheet now is just for bonus points. Lets see what we can accomplish in week two!! Yeah team!! (Wow, that made me feel like a cheerleader, lol.)
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Sunday is kind of a anniversary. I was sick with a cyst in my sinus and had to have surgery. I was in a ceremony where I wore a Purple formal and the pictures showed me how bad I had gained weight over the 18 months I was sick with the sinus thing and the doctor kept throwing antibiotics at me.
    I had the surgery and April 21st I started to lose weight. Sunday is the same ceremony and I will be doing the same position. I plan on taking a picture in the same dress and but will wear a different dress for the actual ceremony. I have not put the dress on since that day. size 24 down to size 14, 98 lbs down, 10 inches off my waist in 11 months. I will post the pictures after Sunday.

Wow!! Such an accomplishment Gayle! So much dedication. You must be so proud! Can't wait to see the pictures.

For me this morning, the scale puts me + 0.6 from when we start the challenge 2 weeks ago. :rage: ! I know it's my TOM and it's my normal fluctuation so, I try not to care. loll
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

That is a awesome! you are an inspiration!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hopefully my neck and shoulder heal quickly (called in sick to rest my shoulder and then it was a snow day anyway!!! Spent it lying down on painkillers and muscle relaxants.)

I think it was the right thing to do. I hope you feel better soon but take all the time you need for you shoulder to heal.

Lets see what we can accomplish in week two!! Yeah team!! (Wow, that made me feel like a cheerleader, lol.)

Lets shake our pompoms! I'm "cheerleading" with you! :D

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options

Absolutely fantastic progress!! Way to go!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Congrats to everyone for the Week 1 win!!!
  • lulloa
    lulloa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Way to go team!! Yay Team 1.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

So happy for you! That's just so exciting. Keep up the hard work, you're an inspiration.
    And go team ! :smiley:
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I've been walking daily & somedays get two walks in. I love that the weather is changing, can feel that warmer weather & spring is here! It's been pretty windy but the sun is shining & the sky is a beautiful blue.
    [/quote]

Isn't it so nice to feel Spring in the air?
  • Lykkelig_o
    Lykkelig_o Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Shoulder's out! Can't do my video workouts in morning. :'(
    Still did my cycling though. Zumba's out until things get back in order. Sorry team. Will try to get back those active minutes somehow. Maybe more cycling sessions?

Leanne, take care and make sure you rest as much as needed.
  • Lykkelig_o
    Lykkelig_o Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Looking forward to see your pics! Congratulations! You did an amazing job.
  • berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm turning to the team for Friday/weekend motivation. It has been such a rough, stressful week and I can see myself wanting to celebrate making it through with food. I've done so well this week with food and exercise and am not going to keep losing if I overdo it all weekend. Any motivational tips?? My brain is telling me it's OK to splurge tonight if I'm "good" the rest of the weekend but we all know that's a slippery slope... Help!
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options

I am so glad you shared that with us Gayle! What an amazing achievement! Such an inspiration for all of us!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Ok. Shoulder is much better but neck still a problem. Didn't stop me from getting on my stationary bike this morning though. Am going to watch the roadblock dance videos tonight and I'm hoping there are not a lot of arm moves and it's mostly legs (my impression of Irish dancing, a la Riverdance, etc) so I should be able to try it. Can't pass up an opportunity to earn 35 points for our team!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    edited March 2016
    Options
    berylw49 wrote: »
    OK, I'm turning to the team for Friday/weekend motivation. It has been such a rough, stressful week and I can see myself wanting to celebrate making it through with food. I've done so well this week with food and exercise and am not going to keep losing if I overdo it all weekend. Any motivational tips?? My brain is telling me it's OK to splurge tonight if I'm "good" the rest of the weekend but we all know that's a slippery slope... Help!

What works for me is a combination of weighing daily, remembering that Friday, Saturday and Sunday are just days like all others, and the quote "the difference between your body this week and your body next week is what you do for the next SEVEN DAYS to achieve your goals". No problem to have something tasty, as long as it fits into your goals :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Ok. Shoulder is much better but neck still a problem. Didn't stop me from getting on my stationary bike this morning though. Am going to watch the roadblock dance videos tonight and I'm hoping there are not a lot of arm moves and it's mostly legs (my impression of Irish dancing, a la Riverdance, etc) so I should be able to try it. Can't pass up an opportunity to earn 35 points for our team!!!

Leanne, good luck! I'll have to wait until Sunday again. Working 6 days a week, 10 hours a day is not conducive to dancing before bedtime :p
  • leannev68
    Options

I totally understand. Weekends are always tough for me. Lately I allow myself some treats on the weekend but I try to offset it with extra exercise. Can you treat yourself with any non food celebration? A massage, a manicure, a movie, time alone with a good book, a soak in the tub????
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    I agree too with "treats" that aren't food related. I would enjoy any of the ones Leanne listed :smiley:
  • lbenson2006
    Options

My thing at least temporarily is that I keep telling myself that I just have to make it to May 10th. Lol. I also always have some kind of a snack after dinner, most of the time it is sweet. I have been trying to be very diligent with the tracking and if I can fit it in calorie wise, even if I know it is an unhealthy food, I will do it if it's really calling to me. I liked Leanne's thoughts on non food treats. I was in fact soaking in the tub when I first read that. Hope the tips being given by the others are enough to help you keep from going overboard. I know for me the thought of the teams success is helping drive me!