100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I Have not gone walking, yet, I am trying to decide if I want to go later, it will depend on the weather and whether I decide to make today that off day from walking I had been thinking of taking for a while. Currently it is raining and the weather radar shows that it will be raining for a while.

I was not 100% On Plan Saturday due to eating a fresh baked Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffin from my brothers baking that day. It was still slightly warm and really moist, Tasty.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was walking today, 8.2K steps + I found a Quarter. Next up now that Breakfast is done is going to the Shoprite for some PFs, SCs etc. I am looking for something affordable to replace the now vanished NS Strawberry Protein Shake, It worked out to be less than $1 a serving after the standard discount and the 40% off of that price for using the On Sale at CostCo NS Gift Cards. According to my math they end up at $0.88 cents a packet.

It is a nice sunny day out, not to cold and not to warm :)

Did Anybody get this one? I repeated it below
    Just for Fun:
    What month has 28 days?
    All of them :)

I will be posting a Mini Review of the Smart Ones Pasta with Swedish Meatballs. Real Short version, It was good and made a nice change. That made two meals with meatballs yesterday. I used the 150 calorie NS Meatballs dinner with 90 calories of bread for Lunch. Very close in calories to the NS Hamburger for example.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey NS friends,
    Beautiful day in the 80's here in NC. Loving the frozen NS foods. Why did I wait so long? Lessons learned. Did a 30 minute walk in Costco yesterday. Knees just don't like when I walk on concrete floors. Pain meds are still working great, just hate to take them. Still have 25 pounds to lose before knee surgery. It's a journey.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It is a Nice day out, I got out walking at 7:15 and home at 8:50 and 8,200 steps :)

I just delayed my next order again. I have lots of foods left due to A La Carte additions to past orders and trying out other Breakfast & Dinner items from the grocery store.

Have a Great St. Patricks Day
    Roger
    X5cPde.jpg
    eii2Yb.jpg
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Hey NS friends,
    Beautiful day in the 80's here in NC. Loving the frozen NS foods. Why did I wait so long? Lessons learned. Did a 30 minute walk in Costco yesterday. Knees just don't like when I walk on concrete floors. Pain meds are still working great, just hate to take them. Still have 25 pounds to lose before knee surgery. It's a journey.

Hi Nene
    We are forecast to be in the 60s today for a high. That is good enough for me, I had the front door open in the evening as the Living Room was a bit warm.

Regarding the Frozen foods, I agree, they are better. IMO NS is doing themselves a disservice by not including them in the base price. I believe they would have better customer retention if they did that or at least customers would stay as customers for a longer period.

Good Luck getting rid of the last 25 pounds, I know You can do it.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked to the next town for a haircut 12.4K steps round-trip. Just my luck, the Barber was closed for a vacation :) So I ended up at a nearby diner and had two eggs, a fruit cup, and a a little Dry Rye toast with coffee before heading back.

The weather so far is good today, warming up nicely. I only needed one layer to keep warm and medium warmth gloves.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi! All!

I really miss the old chats from the old site, too! I have been MIA myself lately and it shows!! I have not gotten on track from back in Aug. or so when I was taking care of my step mother. When I came home, I was eating fast food that I had missed, and just choosing the wrong things because I had missed them. I have put weight back on, and my lab work has shown a marked decline from health. Just a lot going on, and here I am, emotionally eating again.How easy to slip, and how hard to get it right!!

Hopefully with Spring here in the South, I can start over! At least start more healthy choices again!! Thank goodness for you Roger and your healthy anchor and sensible approach. I miss PudgeMuffin too! Vacation starts this week and my daughter and I are going to Atlanta. At least I will try to eat 2 healthy meals a day, and no bad snacks!

I have an orthopedic consult, and afraid I have torn my rotator cuff. I hope not. My appt. is April Fools day, go figure! I have been diagnosed with COPD, congestive heart failure, and one leaky heart valve. Seems like the poor diet is not my only problem!

I am going to try hard to get in a daily walk, and make my way back to regain some former healthy ground!

Glad to see Nene and Belle on! Where is Val? Hang Tough fellow travelers!!!!! Jan <3

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Another week gone. Stayed the same this week as far as weight is concerned.This is so difficult for me to understand as I have been biking 5 out of 7 days. yesterday and today I managed to bike up to 5.4 miles in 53 minutes so you would think the weight would be flying off especially when my calories are so low.

Yesterday I attended a work baby shower and even though they had all kinds of food and dessert I didn't eat a thing. Of course the games and the fact that 3 others at the table didn't eat anything either also helped.

Good job Roger and Nene on the walking. Sorry to hear Nene that the knees bothered you. Hope your doing better today. Roger bummer on the barber being closed after that walk. Good job on the diner food selection. How was it walking back after you had eaten, more difficult to walk, did you walk slower? I remember my Mom always saying to wait about an hour after eating to exercise.
    Buttons Spring is coming! Look ahead not backwards. You can get back to doing what you need to do. Ouch! with the rotator cuff and all the other difficulties your having. Sounds like walking might be the best thing to do for now.
    Well today is suppose to be a rainy day down here so I am heading off to start working on my wind chimes dog project. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Keep trucking and stay strong this weekend!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked a total of 9471 steps so far today. That includes My regular walk, The Produce store for myself and my brother. I picked up 4 Apples, some Bananas, Lettuce @ 89Cents and Two 1 pound containers of Strawberries at a decent price of 2 for $1 and other items for my brother. His total came to $10 even, I could not do that again if I were trying to. Then over to the Dollar Store for a Quart of UHT Milk for $1 and two Brown & Serve Breakfast entrees for $1 each. They are a decent calorie count at 340 calories and 350 calories, Sausage links, Potatoes, Eggs and French Toast or Pancakes considering they will be replacing a NS Entree, a PF & a SC in one plate, I did not worry about the Sodium which is a little high at 800+mg :) They will only be a Sunday Morning treat/change of taste.

Then on to the Acme for a few Lean Cuisine Entrees at $1.88 or $2.29. The ones I bought will mostly work as a lunch at 180 to 200 calories and 8 ounces plus.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi! All!

I really miss the old chats from the old site, too! I have been MIA myself lately and it shows!! I have not gotten on track from back in Aug. or so when I was taking care of my step mother. When I came home, I was eating fast food that I had missed, and just choosing the wrong things because I had missed them. I have put weight back on, and my lab work has shown a marked decline from health. Just a lot going on, and here I am, emotionally eating again.How easy to slip, and how hard to get it right!!

Hopefully with Spring here in the South, I can start over! At least start more healthy choices again!! Thank goodness for you Roger and your healthy anchor and sensible approach. I miss PudgeMuffin too! Vacation starts this week and my daughter and I are going to Atlanta. At least I will try to eat 2 healthy meals a day, and no bad snacks!

I have an orthopedic consult, and afraid I have torn my rotator cuff. I hope not. My appt. is April Fools day, go figure! I have been diagnosed with COPD, congestive heart failure, and one leaky heart valve. Seems like the poor diet is not my only problem!

I am going to try hard to get in a daily walk, and make my way back to regain some former healthy ground!

Glad to see Nene and Belle on! Where is Val? Hang Tough fellow travelers!!!!! Jan <3
    Hi Jan
    Welcome back.

I think I may have munged up my shoulder too, I have pain if I try and lift my arm over shoulder high. I am procrastinating about getting it looked at :)

It is easy to let the stresses of life get to You. You could try what I am trying for some of my meals. I have been reviewing Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones Entrees in the foods review section I started here. They generally work as a NS equivalent for Lunch and Dinner too. Link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews
    I was missing some of their tastes such as the Macaroni & Beef, I like the LC entree. Maybe they would help with the foods You are missing. I also tried a couple of Ice Cream cones that run 160 calories per cone as Dessert. They were tasty and filled that craving too.

I am sorry to hear You are experiencing health issues.

Good Luck getting back on track.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Roger. I am so glad you are doing those reviews! I have to go back and catch a few of the comments! I do like to add things to the routine, and some foods are so much better and healthier than they use to be!

Here in Deatsville, the meat is really expensive. I never thought some would be the price of a good bank CD! It sure helps to cut back on red meat that way. We do have nice fish, I just have to get over my preference to have it fried! I do like broiled however.

It is hard not to get started planting in the yard with the unseasonably warm weather. We always have one more frost or freeze. Everything is in bloom in spite of that!!

Yep, it does not take long to fall apart! Hope your shoulder is not serious Roger. I envy you your neighborhood and town to walk! It sounds so pretty and a good and convenient walking route! Belle, that is so wonderful you did well at the baby shower! Peer pressure takes some resistance!!!

Finally the sun is out, but I have to prepare some plants for a morning or two of cold! We are blessed with warmth down here compared to many places! I don't miss the snow and cold! I have been down here too long, I guess!

I did well yesterday and my whole body feels better and is saying thank you!

Take care! Jan <3
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi
    The weather is OK so far, The wind was adding enough chill that I pulled on the hood from the hoodie and tied it around my face which made the walk OK and 7.7K Steps. I forgot to mention that I found one whole cent yesterday, Whee, I'm getting rich :)
    Snow is still in the forecast for later on into early Monday :(

Local prices are strange, Cheap Strawberries & Bananas, Local Supermarket has Chicken Leg Quarters for $0.39 a pound. Cheapest meat available right now when even Ground Beef is around $3 a pound.

I tried the Brown & Serve Pancake breakfast, I made a mistake in Yesterdays description, neither one has eggs :(
    So I had two sausage links, 2 pancakes and some Potato Bites. 340 calories, 9g protein, 39g carbs and 820mg sodium. Tasty if a bit high on carbs & sodium. A nice change for a Sunday Morning Breakfast.

vaPJqi.jpg
    Have a Good Day
    RogerToo

7tpULY.jpg
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Roger. I am so glad you are doing those reviews! I have to go back and catch a few of the comments! I do like to add things to the routine, and some foods are so much better and healthier than they use to be!

Here in Deatsville, the meat is really expensive. I never thought some would be the price of a good bank CD! It sure helps to cut back on red meat that way. We do have nice fish, I just have to get over my preference to have it fried! I do like broiled however.

It is hard not to get started planting in the yard with the unseasonably warm weather. We always have one more frost or freeze. Everything is in bloom in spite of that!!

Yep, it does not take long to fall apart! Hope your shoulder is not serious Roger. I envy you your neighborhood and town to walk! It sounds so pretty and a good and convenient walking route! Belle, that is so wonderful you did well at the baby shower! Peer pressure takes some resistance!!!

Finally the sun is out, but I have to prepare some plants for a morning or two of cold! We are blessed with warmth down here compared to many places! I don't miss the snow and cold! I have been down here too long, I guess!

I did well yesterday and my whole body feels better and is saying thank you!

Take care! Jan <3

Hi Jan
    And some of the foods I picked up at the supermarket are just good ole comfort foods :)

We have lots of smaller parks and playgrounds for the kids here in town.

Isn't it amazing how Your body reacts to what You eat.

I have never understood how people can be that way when I read comments such as,"a little bit won't hurt" or pressuring someone at work to have some of the Birthday cake etc.

As for the shoulder as Long as I do not have to lift something higher than shoulder high I am OK. Is that what You feel or is it different?

Enjoy Your warmth, we are at freezing today
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out the door before 8 as the forecast of snow was more or less a non starter in my area. There was a little on the parked cars in the driveways and street and in the grass of the lawns. The sidewalks and street were a little wet but that was it. It was 33 degrees outside but with no wind it was not a bad walk.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    7.6K steps so far for the day. It was 31 degrees this morning, hard to believe it is supposed to be 60 as a high. The Sun is shining and there was nearly no breeze so it was a nice walk.

Nothing much planned for later on today. Currently as I type this I am converting some Phonograph records into Digital format on the computer and plan to see what ones I want to do next. Also I can capture some videos into the other computer at the same time :) Currently capturing is a Petula Clark record, Maybe I will dig out the Old Time Radio Show records I bought years ago and capture them next to listen to when I walk, Or maybe the Glenn Miller Albums. Hard to decide, It may come down to what I dig out of the basement first.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I stopped at the Post office to mail a letter on my walk + 1 cent. When I was Younger there were Mail boxes all over the place, No more.

The weather was nice and tomorrow promises to be somewhat better too. I think I'll go get my haircut tomorrow, That is the date the note on the door said he would be back from vacation.

Enjoy The Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was successful getting my haircut today. I walked to the Barbershop in the next town and back 11.8K steps , got my haircut, then went into the dinner on the corner for two eggs, A fruit cup in place of the Potatoes and a few bites of dry Rye toast and a Large Coffee for the walk back :)

A nice looking day outside, A little breeze in my face on the walk back but tolerable in my Hoodie. I listened to one of the records I captured a couple of days back while I was walking. A Petula Clark singing in French called 23 Chansons Celebres De Paris which I think translates as 23 songs Celebrating Paris.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I got out walking today early due to the rain in the forecast for this morning. It is gloomy outside and when I left I could see water drops on the cars and wet spots on the street, However I am now home and I had no rain fall on me. Probably because I was ready for it with a Rain jacket and Umbrella. They stayed in my Pocket unneeded :)

Breakfast in a hour, Wheat Flakes, 1% UHT milk, The last of my NS Strawberry Protein shake :(

Currently recording a Ste of Fibber McGee & Molly Christmas Album from 78s
    On the Night Before Christmas

Have a Good Good Friday
    Roger

RujcnV.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    One more day until Easter Sunday. 20 degrees colder today than Friday, Still tolerable however. I could even feel the Suns heat on my back when I was walking away from it.

Yesterdays 78RPM records to Computer captures went OK. I had some test pressings and recordings from Recording studios in NYC and Hollywood that were interesting. Today I am looking at doing some more 78s, mainly old humor types that I picked up years ago on a whim.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options

Notice that the CostCo Gift NS card sale is almost ended, Monday is it.
    $20 manufacturer’s discount is valid 3/3/16 through 3/28/16. While supplies last.
    Online Price $79.99
    Less -$20.00 manufacturer’s discount
    Your Price $59.99 Shipping & Handling Included

Hi
    I have a busy day ahead of me, I already went out walking and picked up two heads of lettuce and two Apples + 7.4k steps :)
    Next is Breakfast, Then Friday the Mail delivery had the Onion plants my Brother ordered and Saturdays mail had the 5 summer bearing and the 5 fall bearing Raspberry plants and a Blackberry plant as well as 3 columnar Apple Trees. They Berry and the apple trees need to be planted today as their in rain in the forecast for tomorrow. Luckily we were outside getting the planting bed ready for the onions and where the Berry plants will go yesterday.

As well as all that we have Easter Dinner to get ready :)

Happy Easter
    Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    xdW6yA.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options

Today is the last day of the CostCo Gift NS card sale.
    $20 manufacturer’s discount is valid 3/3/16 through 3/28/16. While supplies last.
    Online Price $79.99
    Less -$20.00 manufacturer’s discount
    Your Price $59.99 Shipping & Handling Included

Hi
    I did go out walking in the rain, No Singing in the rain however. I did put on full rain gear. I ended up overdressed towards the end of the walk with the Hoodie under the rain jacket. I did get Damp inside the shoes.

Yesterday We got the 10 Raspberry plants, the Blackberry plant, The Three Columnar Apple trees, and three of the four bundles of the various types of Onions planted. We were both tired by the time we were finished doing the digging and planting. Watered them in and now with today's rain they should be good for a couple of days with no watering needed :) The rain in the forecast is why the push to get them in the ground on Sunday.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi
    It was very windy outside starting in the afternoon and building in the evening. By this morning the wind and wind chill were tolerable.

I did make a stop at the grocery store for Fuji Apples, Somewhat greenish Bananas a I still have a ripe one for tomorrow and Heads of lettuce :)
    For Breakfast I had Multi-Grain Cheerios, and a Banana, the banana before I walked and the Cereal after the walk.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger

BTW the Costco NS Gift Card Sale has ended.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good Easter, Rodger! It was grey and drizzly here, but warm. You never said what you all made for Easter dinner! I went non traditional, with a shrimp cocktail, salmon, and crab cake. Almost all healthy! Shrimp were on sale and huge and good!!

The week my daughter and I went to Atlanta, t he weather was wonderful! We had a room at a hotel right next to the Aquarium, which was fabulous to visit and see giant whales and huge manta's in some of the hugest aquariums I have ever seen! You had to walk a good deal just to get around one, and you could walk underneath and see the fish et al from underneath! Beyond cool! They looked happy even if confined somewhat which was nice. My daughter "made" me go on the city eye in the sky ferris wheel, which was 200 feet up. I could have killed her, I do not like heights anymore! I was fine the first 100 feet. That shows you how silly our minds can be, as if we fell, I would be just as flat falling 100 feet as 200 feet, lol!

I only gained 2 lbs. I am sure due to the walking! We went to a German restaurant the first night, a 24 hour cafe the second, and found a great cafe for morning coffee and fare. We walked about 4-5 miles a day! Jenny had bought me a cane, thank goodness, as it was hilly in the Atlanta area. Who knew? We also hit the botanical gardens, which were lovely. The trees were blooming, yet still a little early. We ate at the garden cafe, which used herbs from their greenhouse. A nice few days, but I am sore now!!!

I did find something to help my shoulder. It hurts like yours, with limited range, about shoulder height. My daughter mixed peppermint essential oil (think menthol) -therapeutic grade, with a lotion base. She usually had almond lotion, but we just used the hotel lotion which had marine biologics. This rubbed in, has given me the only relief I have had. It was better than Ben-gay, lidocaine or capsacian. She just rolled her eyes at me as she has been after me to try essential oils. It was quite healing. Of course I hurt it again mowing. My appt is on Friday, I will let you know!!

Planting sounds fun that you are doing, you will certainly reap the benefits! Don't work too hard!! I like your food reviews!! It is a help!

Also, I would like a pedometer, fitbit or something. Not too technical. Suggestions?
    Gee- I wrote a novel! :# Jan