Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Got to the pool early to get some laps in. Not many, the alphabet, to be exact. Took me 38 min. But... it felt good. So here's the :) thing-- swimming laps is slowly becoming more and more enjoyable. THAT is my main overall goal.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The last Session in this Adult Swim Club. Only 2 of the 6 People showed up so each of us had a complete lane. :) Our Instructor - She did not did not disappoint.
    200m Fr Crawl Warm up. 8 lengths
    10 min all out Fr Crawl 17 lengths = 425m
    Then the Killer. Broken 1000m Front Crawl.
    2 x 100m @ 2:15
    4 x 50m @ 1:10
    8 x 25m @ 45
    4 x 50m @ 1:10
    2 x 100m @ 2:15
    I was dragging on the last 150m of swimming, but still managed to maintain my pace - just barely.
    Was starting to drop my Left Elbow/Arm so really had to concentrate on a clean High Elbow.
    8 x 50m of Kick drills. 400M
    It must have been a really good workout as I started to get Leg Cramps in the last part of the Kick Drills. Had to switch to Breast Stroke Kicks as everything else was done.
    Total of 2025M in 50 minutes B) Finished by doing a couple diving-entry drills.
    Destroyed them - Badly - Ripped my goggles completely off once and another time they lifted enough to fill with water. Still was a very challenging and fun workout routine.

On April 5 we start the next session with the same instructor so it promises to be challenging - she has enjoyed pushing us - did I mention she is only 17 yrs old and holds 1/2 of the records for the Local Swim Club.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This week I managed 4 sessions.
    Twice with the swim team(90 minutes) and twice on my own (60 minutes) at the 50meter pool. I am going to try and keep up this schedule for the next couple of months until the big event. With the exception of next week because I am travelling over the holidays.

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Rest day yesterday. 150 laps, 7500 yards this morning. I might go again after work.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi folks.
    Haven't checked in for awhile but been swimming.
    4 swims monday to Thursday!
    Long swim (mon, wed), interval training (tue, thurs)!
    The interval training is real tough, but great challenge all the same!
    Resting now to resume Monday! Body needs the rest bad!
    Great to see all the swims people, and those that have been away awhile, too!
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I swam(ish). :tongue: I can finally hold my crawl stroke/side breathing together for an entire length, and I can do a few laps in a row, of back stroke... I kept moving, between those two and (a very clumsy) breast stroke, for over half an hour... the rest of the time, I jumped. I'm not allowed to jump, on dry land, so I spend 10-15 minutes in waist-to-chest-high water, jumping and jumping and grinning like a fool. :love:
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Returned from Ireland last night and a jet lagged swim today. 2500 yards in 60 minutes. Two weeks out of the water makes a big difference.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2500m

200 warmup
    3x 300 free every 4th length sprint (30)
    300 as 50 back/50 br
    4x 75 kick
    14x 50 as
    4 fly on 1.20
    4 free on 50
    4 back on 60
    2 br on 1.20
    100 warmdown
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Swam a mile. Took me about an hour. My daughter just wasn't feeling it, so she finally got out. I was happy to just keep going...
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    3600 yds 1:38:33

Basically I did 100 breast/500 free lather, rinse, repeat.
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    Swim class today :smile: My crawl stroke side breathing is holding together more consistently, for entire lengths, and I got some pointers that make my back stroke move me through the water faster. Yay!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    A nice 4 mile wake up.
    3x2000 free
    500 kick/fins
    500 buoy/pads.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My Monday regular: 54 laps/ ~ 72 minutes
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    A nice 4 mile wake up.

I can't wait to be able to wake up and go swim and swim, instead of just trying to keep myself together for a whole lap :smiley:
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in forever and kinda laid off the swimming for a bit. But two weeks ago I participated in a relay triathalon with friends and I did the swim leg-it was how many laps you could complete in 15 minutes. I did well apparently-I got 900 yards in, was beat only by some college kid who busted out with 1300 yards.
    Since then I've tried to keep it at swimming two days a week-minimum of 2000 yards plus some kicking drills each session. I've improved my times, so perhaps that break was what I needed to renew my efforts.
    Happy to see everyone, old and new!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Went back after work to add more laps today.
    Made it a 10KM day.
    11,000 yards. :D
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    A nice 4 mile wake up.

I can't wait to be able to wake up and go swim and swim, instead of just trying to keep myself together for a whole lap :smiley:

Just one more lap.
    Try to add a lap top you distance each week.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Felt slow and the numbers from the Garmin Swim agreed. 2300 in 55 minutes. My pace is dragging; tomorrow will work in some sprints. The weather is clear and cool, kind of nice to swim in the evening light now that days are getting longer.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1500 40:25

I think a nice side effect of the long weekend swim was that when I got in the pool this morning, I was thinking, "Okay, this is nothing. Go for it."

I need to do those long swims to prep for summer events, but it's nice that it makes my morning workout psychologically easier. (Still hate getting up before the sun, even if it's all good once I'm in the water.)
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    4 miles this morning