Team: Thin it to Win it

Replies

• wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    That 's good advice strength_76! I may do that myself! Thanks for sharing!
  • nicklang02
    nicklang02 Posts: 6 Member
    hi guys my name is nick 28 from AZ. I'm really excited to start this. I could really use help on meal prep and some recipes that are good. I'm really trying to get back into the fitness life. GO TEAM!!
  • ds1415
    ds1415 Posts: 48 Member
    Hello all, I am Angel and currently a very fat one (weighing 208 lbs). So, I want to become a thin one because of the number of health issues including but not limited to PCOS, Diabetes, Angina, Migraine, Acid Reflux, etc. And yes I am officially allergic to exercise, I recently learnt that. I get hives if I brisk walk/run.

I am one big sad story but I am a very happy person. I keep myself stress-free with Yoga and Meditation. But hell I need to lose weight. None of my clothes fit and I hate it when people say "Oh you look so cute" or that "your dress is pretty". I am 35, and I should not look cute, right.

So I want people saying "Oh You look sooo hot in that dress" by New Year.

:D

• ds1415
    Username: ds1415
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    Starting Weight: 208
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Hi Nick! Welcome to the team! My best advice to you about meal prep is to plan your meals AHEAD OF TIME! This has been a blessing for me! Before i started planning my meals, i would overeat, which would mess up my macros! I have a note on top of my keyboard to remind me to plan my meals for the entire day. This way i stay within my macros, and stick to my nutritional plans set for myself!

Also for Recipes, I love Linda's Low Carbs Menus and Recipes...here is the link, check it out!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

Nick...Please don't forget to submit your starting weight TODAY so that you wont be dropped from the challenge.
    Also, I need to know which day of the week you will be weighing in on each week!
    Some ppl from other groups have switched days, so i don;t wanna assume that it will be on Fridays!

You can copy and paste the info below to your next post!

username:
    Weigh -in Day:
    Starting Weight:

Thanks Nick!
    Let's Get this Started!!!! Good Luck!!!
  • wahagent05
    Everyone plz add me as your friend if you have not already done so, so that i may contact you (i.e. reminders) if needed...Thanks
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    fpx7qx6j8zul.png

Let's get ready to Rumble!!!!! :)
  • wahagent05
    It's April 1st Everyone...Are you ready? Let's really win this challenge!!!
    I need EVERYONE to be in 100% Participation for the next 30 days. This month is gonna help to kick-start your weight loss in a big way, but you must stay FOCUSED, COMMITTED, and MOTIVATED!
    Prepare yourself for the hardest month that you may have ever had! When it gets tough PUSH-THROUGH IT! When the workout is over, you will be glad that you did!

Remember that you have TEAMMATES, WE ARE HERE TO HELP! Plz try your best to check in DAILY, so that we can help you stay on track!

The key to winning this challenge will be for us to WORK AS A TEAM! There will be teammates that will struggle, not be motivated, or just simply hit a plateau...plz suggest ideas that may be of some help. Nothing you say will be dismissed!

*** I still have a few ppl who have NOT submitted their starting weight! I will be sending out reminders if not entered by 5pm EST!

Teammates it will be very important to weigh-in on your SPECIFIC weigh-in day EVERY WEEK! If you fail to weigh in, your weight will be entered as ZERO, even if you lose weight! Two consecutive weeks w/o a weigh-in will cause you to be DROPPED from the challenge! So plz everyone set yourself a reminder to weigh in ON TIME!
    If you forget i will send you a reminder message to your inbox, so plzzz make sure you log-in to MFP daily for the next 30 days.

Let's get moving everyone! LET'S DO THIS!!!

Thank you team!!!!
    Woooohoooo...Team THIN IT TO WIN IT!!!!

***Don't forget to come to the forum daily if possible to CHECK-IN***
  • darklilly45
    darklilly45 Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2016
    Username: darklilly45

I weighed in on Saturday, so I'll be weighing in again tomorrow!

Starting weight: 162.4
  • wahagent05
    Good Morning Angel! Thank you so much for sharing your story! Your journey sounds very DOABLE by New Years! How much are you GOING TO LOSE? :)
    When did you start your weight loss journey?

We are here to help you in any way we can!
    Eat healthy, stay hydrated, and MOVE! Try your best not to cheat, but if you do....cheat with healthy snacks!
    If you have any questions please feel free to share at any time!

• ds1415
    Hi! I just started last month and have yet to see the scale moving. I need to lose at least 50 pounds to be healthy. Thanks as I am already feeling so positive about this.
  • wickedlovely2539
    wickedlovely2539 Posts: 7 Member
    Username: wickedlovely2539

Starting weight: 315lbs
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Ok that will be just fine darklilly45! Thanks for letting me know!
  • mbhck
    mbhck Posts: 29 Member
    Hello team! Just wanted to stop by and let you know I weigh in on Fridays so I will be putting in my info here in a bit... I just didn't want y'all to think I was dropping out or anything.... I'm excited to see how well we are all going to and win this competition! :)
  • mbhck
    Hello team! I just wanted to stop by and let you know I weigh in on Fridays so I will enter my info here in a bit... I just didn't want y'all to think I was dropping out
  • mbhck
    So sorry about that 1.5 post..lol.. My phone doesn't love this app!
  • wahagent05
    Water...

Drink approximately 2 liters, or 8 eight ounce glasses, of water each day. Feel free to add sliced fruit to your water for added flavor.
    Flush The Fat Away Drink recipes are great alternatives to plain water. Since processed fruit drinks are high in sugar content, it’s recommended that this type of drinks be limited or avoided completely over the next 30 days. If you do choose to drink fruit-flavored drinks, read the ingredients label and avoid any beverages that contain sugar or other added sweeteners.
    Water flushes toxins out of vital organs and carries nutrients to your cells. Even mild dehydration can sap energy. Water is vital for optimal health!
  • wahagent05
    Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners

Avoid all refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. Read ingredient labels on packaged foods to eliminate any foods that contain these. Almost all processed foods have some form of added sugar. This means that whole foods will be the biggest part of your diet over the next 30 days. To understand in full what is meant by no added sugar, read The Sweetest Challenge.
    4 teaspoons of unrefined sweeteners, per day, is allowed. Read our list of 10 Alternatives to Refined Sugar which can count toward the 4 teaspoons.
    In addition to the 4 daily teaspoons of unrefined sweetener, stevia is also permitted during this challenge.
    If there is a food product with an unrefined sugar in the ingredients label, i.e. honey or molasses, there is no way to know how much has been added. Therefore, these food items should not be consumed during this challenge. The only way to know that you have had the allotted 4 teaspoons of unrefined sweetener in one day is to measure them yourself.
    Review Other Names for Sugar which will help you to become better informed when reading ingredient labels.
  • wahagent05
    Portion Control.

All meals should be eaten on salad size plates instead of traditional dinner plates. These plates are approximately 7″ in diameter.
    When eating at a restaurant, ask that your meal be served on a salad plate.
    When eating soups or stews, follow the 1 serving size, which is typically 1 to 1 1/2 cups. Soup, Stews & Chili recipes are readily available on SkinnyMs.com.
    Read the Skinny Plate Challenge for more information on portion sizes.
    Portion sizes of foods must be no larger than the palm of your hand. That means that ‘normal’ restaurant portions have to be cut down in size to fit on your salad plate.