Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I had glorious swims yesterday and today ! Lane to myself, my playlist shuffled just the right tempos, and did a solid 45 minutes each day. Life doesn't get much better !!
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I swam today after not making it for a week. Sure enough, I lost some ground...but not too much. Now my pool is closing for two weeks. :neutral:
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Swimming in sweat. Over 4 hours of years work today. No time for the pool
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Did 3.1 miles this afternoon.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Got to the pool a Little late and every lane had 4-6 people in it. Bit the bullet and went out to swim. It turns out half of the people swimming were close to finishing so after 250m the pool emptied out and there was only 6 people across 3 lanes :) . Made the next 1250m real easy.

Total of 1500m just paddling away on front crawl.

Looked at my page in the Swimming 100 km log book ( the pools way to encourage swimming ) at the pool and I am already up to 44 km for the first 3 months. Puts me on track for 160-170 km for the year. I will lose some days - weeks this summer due to Half Marathon and Triathlon races ( competitor and volunteer ).
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good swims, everyone. I decided to keep my snotty viruses out of the pool this weekend so my sole cardio was 30 minutes yanking on the mower for its first outing yesterday.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1500 41:17
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    4 miles this morning.
    May hit the pool for another 79 laps after work to make is 11,000 yards, or 1 lap over 10km.
    My current plan it to try and do that once a week.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Did my 1.5 miles today. Missed it yesterday, but will try to get at least one or two more in before the end of the week
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    I got 40 min in before class, but my legs were opting out. It's really hard without their full participation...
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Great to see everyone swimming away, and the return of some who have been on hiatus!
    Haven't logged in but I've been swimming.
    Last week, long swims mon, wednesday 2.5 km
    Sprint interval mixed training Tuesday and Thursday.
    Yesterday, it rained and I couldn't swim.
    Today 2.5km 57 min with a number of interruptions!
    Glad that I'm getting more comfortable with back, breast and butterfly after at least a year away from IM work.
    It's putting some new strain on the shoulders and other areas but the break from Thursday to Monday, is usually good enough to let the body heal itself!
    Once again, great to see all the swims!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    ~1500m with the Adult Swim Club. Mixed drills most of them for front crawl.
    4 x 50 Alt swim / kick
    50/100/200m - 200/100/50m
    10 x 25 Alt Breathing 3&5 stroke pattern
    4 x 50m on 1:30 pace. ( x3 )
    Working on Lengthen the Stroke and improving Breathing Patterns.
    A good workout as it is pretty much the same group that we have had all year so the Coach-instructor is very comfortable with us.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1500 40:56
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Swam this morning in a kind of warm, overly-chlorinated indoor pool. *sigh* Three more weeks until they open the outdoor pool. It wasn't a bad swim though. About 45 minutes of mixed sets and I had the lane to myself for nearly half of it. I'm told our Y has a new aquatics director (they turn them over pretty frequently) so here is hoping again that they bring back morning Masters.

Just keep swimming everybody!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Didn't get the extra laps in yesterday. The wife had other plans. So today I'll get the extra laps in.
    110 laps in the morning. 5km. 110 after work is the goal.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I swam! My closest pool is closed temporarily and everyone's crowding into the other pool, along with its regular swimmers, so not a lot of laps for me. But just getting in some practice, was a joy.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Got the second swim in. 10km for the day
  • SaskyB
    SaskyB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ocean swim - 1.5kms. Saw some seahorses and a stack of fish. It was lush!!
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    32 laps (1600m) in 60 mins

60 mins is the time I arbitrarily picked when I started swimming. My goal was to get to a mile in that time and then push past it. I rapidly got better and close, just a couple of weeks and I was already within spitting distance of a mile but I just couldn't reach it.

I was alternating strokes per lap. 1 lap breast, 1 lap side, 1 lap freestyle. After a few weeks of that I started pushing more and more into freestyle so I could get the pace up and break that stupid mile mark.

Then I had a set back. I started getting vertigo. I'm pretty tolerant to most forms of discomfort but dizziness is something I cannot abide, at all. The effects would linger for rest of the day as well. I thought I was just pushing my body too hard when I was sticking to freestyle.

Well, today I finally swam with ear plugs. It was a revelation. After a few laps of warming up and going through my typical alternating cycle I noticed I wasn't experiencing the precursory feeling I typically would that indicates I'm going to start experiencing vertigo. I started just sticking with freestyle and pushing myself to go faster and faster. Daring, demanding that my body over tax itself and make me start to feel sick and dizzy. Because if all those weeks of suffering and demoralization were because of 3 dollar ear plugs... well.

I crushed through the mile mark finally but more importantly I pushed myself to actual fatigue and burning throughout my muscles because of the best 3 bucks I've ever spent. Now I can really get some work done in the water and see how far I can go in an hour.

TLDR: earplugs made me feel enthusiasm for swimming again
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Remember me??!

Must be a well over a month since I was last in the pool (I blame my usual dull health rubbish, compounded by elderly parent responsibilities ....I know some of you know aspects of both of these)

But today I had the time - and the energy - and it was good to be back.

I only did 30 mins in the pool. But i went!!!

Yee hah

Good to see all the swimming that has been going on (I have been checking in on you all from time to time..).

(Ps it has not all been bad. I am now on an activity thread, monthly challenge thing. And Atleast have been able to keep the walking going this time.)