DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Week 15
    Routine: Workout A

Squat
    82.2 lbs × 6,6,6,6

Bench Press
    61.1 lbs × 6,6,6,4
    Continue to fail on the last set. I barely did all 6 on the 3rd set.

Bent Over Row
    61.1 lbs × 6,6,6,6
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For the assisted pull ups, at the gym they have this really heavy assisted rubber band they use. It's pretty cool, you loop it over the handles, then around your feet and off you go. My son came with me to the gym and I helped him with this. It was pretty funny, cause he was like, this doesn't look safe lol.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Thanks Isca_1. I guess I need to watch a few videos and try to figure out what to buy.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    DDHFree - Nope, don't workout at home. LOL! I work full time but my office hours are flexible enough so I can get those SL workouts in during lunch.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Workout B
    Deadlift 95 lbs x 8 reps (3 sets)
    Pullups - did negatives and band assisted pullups
    OHP 37.5 lbs x 8 reps (3 sets)
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Workout B
    Sixpacklade, are you happy with the band(s) you own? If so, can you tell me what kind you purchased? Have you had to use multiple bands since starting the program?
  • dcresider
    Options
    Hi guys. I didn't workout yesterday because of jury duty so I'll make up my SL workout today, and possibly a short 3 mile run. Will post more later.
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Workout B
    Sixpacklade, are you happy with the band(s) you own? If so, can you tell me what kind you purchased? Have you had to use multiple bands since starting the program?

I am happy with my current band, I only have one. I don't remember which brand it was, but it is the one where you attach to the top of the pull up bar (I have a pull up bar that can be attached to the door frame) and put your feet through the loop at the bottom of the band. I think this band can be adjusted as you progress, but so far I am progressing so slowly that I don't think I will be adjusting it in the near future.

I use a chair to do negatives. So far it has been working well for me.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Workout B

I am happy with my current band, I only have one. I don't remember which brand it was, but it is the one where you attach to the top of the pull up bar (I have a pull up bar that can be attached to the door frame) and put your feet through the loop at the bottom of the band. I think this band can be adjusted as you progress, but so far I am progressing so slowly that I don't think I will be adjusting it in the near future.

I use a chair to do negatives. So far it has been working well for me.

Thanks for the information. That helped a lot because I didn't realize there are adjustable bands because I do not want to buy multiples if I don't have to.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week 15
    Routine: Workout B

Deadlift
    107.2 lbs × 6 (4 sets)
    Notes: Form shaky on the last two reps for the last set. Will not increase.

Lat Pulldown
    Set 1: 55 lbs × 6 (4 sets)

Shoulder Press
    Set 1: 47.2 lbs × 5,5,4,4
    Notes: Did a little better than last time.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    This is the beginning of the last week in our 16 week commitment. So excited to begin phase II.

Week 16 - Apr 11, 2016
    Routine: Workout A

Squat
    83 lbs × 6 (4 sets)
    Notes: It was so cool to see my 25 pound plates on my 33 pound bar.

Bench Press
    61.1 lbs × 6 (4 sets)
    Notes: Yay! Finally, finally was able to do all 6 reps for all 4 sets.

Bent Over Row
    Set 1: 61.1 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 61.1 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 61.1 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 61.1 lbs × 6
  • dcresider
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. I splurged this weekend (saw Duran Duran with my bestie and MLS soccer with the hubs) which also involved lots of food and drink. I stopped the intermittent fasting this weekend so I'll be starting that up that today.

In terms of workouts, last week was a dud for me. I went to the gym twice so lots of activity is planned. This week will be catch up bicycling, some running, and of course SL with some extras added in. It's a good thing that we are starting up the 16 week program so I get back into consistent workouts. Wish me luck.

Today's plans: SL and possible short run.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    How rude of me... Happy Monday everyone! Sounds like a good plan dcresider.
  • dcresider
    Options
    Hurray. I finished my first SL workout of the week. It felt good.

Squats: 5x5 @ 75 lbs. - Had to deload since I hadn't worked out since last Tuesday but the weight felt really light. Form was great and went down below parallel so that's good.

Bench Press: 5x5 @ 75 lbs - Had to deload and these were fine so I'll be going up next session.

Bentover Rows: 5x5 @ 65 lbs. - these felt good.

Cardio: A very, very, very short run for 10 minutes and had to get back to work. ;)

Tomorrow: scheduled a 3-4 mile run.
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Today's Workout
    Barbell Squat 60 lbs x 8
    Bench Press 50 lbs x 8
    DB Single Arm Row 22.5 lbs x 8

Moving to 4 X 6 workout starting next week. All of you are doing awesome!!!!
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I wrote this on jan 18 when I was just starting. I haven't posted regularly because I am not doing the exact program anymore.

Workout A
    Squat. 45lbs
    Bench press. 50lbs
    Row. 55 lbs

Workout B
    Squat. 50lbs
    OHP. 45 lbs
    DL. 55lbs

My goal is 5lbs loss (holiday weight)
    I lost 75 pounds in 2015

Ok- first I stopped doing the exact program for various reasons.
    I was starving all the time
    DH wasn't available to spot me on bench when I needed him
    I hated being tied to gym. If it was nice outside- I wanted to be running or walking
    I was sore All THE TIME

4/11. My goal was squat, deadlift and Bench press over 100 pounds. My next goal is lift my body weight for those 3 lift

Workout A
    Deadlift. 3 sets of 5. 125 pounds
    Dumbbell. OH press. 3x5. 30 lbs. ea.
    Dumbbell. Bench press 3x6. 35. Lbs. ea
    DB Incline press. 3x5. 35 pounds

Workout B
    Squat. 4 sets of 5. 105 pounds
    Bench press (barbell). 3 sets of 5. 105 lbs
    Dips and pull-ups using assisted machine 3 sets of each

Now that I look at it - it looks like
    Too much bench motion. Maybe that is why my pecs are huge

Also I gained weight - unwanted- but I am so much stronger. It is so much easier to get those 30's over my head
    And I think my recovery is faster.

Sorry for the long post but I have continued to read and think everyone that stuck with this is aah-mazing!!

• dcresider
    Options
    @happymom221 - I feel your pain as I maintain weight or never seem to see a loss, but I never give up on working out. Eventually, I'll want more of a challenge and want to see a change in my 40+something body. If it can happen to others, it can happen to me.

Looks like I'll be heading out for lunch today (Thai) so no running planned today.
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on the 40something body. It is nice my husband says that he can see a difference, but....well you know how that goes.

Sl
    Squat 5/3 @165 pds...knee hurt so dropped down to 155pds did 4/5/5 sets
    Bp 5x5 @105pds...nobody was at the gym to spot so i did this weight
    Barbell row 5/5/5/4/5@130pds pretty excited about this..last couple of reps were rough but
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Excellent job Sixpacklady, Happymom221, and Isca_1.

Happymom221, I know it's tough when you see a gain but I hope you find comfort in the fact that if stronger, you are gaining muscles. Once you start to lose more fat you are going to look even better because we know those muscles look amazing when the fat is no longer hiding them. So keep doing your thing girl!

Dcresider and Isca_1, you know I am right there with you in the 40+ arena. But we are giving 40+ new look.

I am very excited to be getting ready to wrap up our first 6 weeks. I look forward to creating a whole new posting for us. Unless someone objects to that part.
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. The weight loss was never the focus since I lost the pounds in 2015
    Happy that I more than doubled all my lifts in 3 months.