TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Pam and Lesley, enjoy NYC! It is very easy to rack up miles here. According to my fitbit I'm already at 29 for the week. I average 40-50 per week and I'm not a runner--most of that is just from walking around, sometimes deliberately for exercise, often just to get from here to there.

I hit an awesome NSV today: I'm part of a year-long maintenance Diet Bet (are there any Diet Betters here? I can provide details if anyone's curious). For this one, we have to log our weight monthly and are only allowed to gain 2% from our starting weight. This was easy for the first month or two--we started in September--but the last few months have been really hard. On the one hand, the diet bet has done what it promised: it gave me regular check-ins and got me back on track before things got out of control. On the other hand, I've been frustrated that it's been so hard to maintain and have had to spend the last week or so of each month scrambling to get that weight down to be under my 2%. Well this month's weigh in was today and for the first time ever, I completely forgot it was coming! Not because I haven't been motivated, or lost interest, but because I've been back on track and had zero concerns about making my weigh in. It was such a great feeling to not have any stress or worry over the numbers this morning! I credit this challenge--and all of you--for really helping me get back on track! Thank you!
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! It's going to be tough for me to get in those miles too. Too many meetings this week. Really wintery here still, otherwise I probably wouldn't have any problem catching up this weekend. Will do my best! Have a great weekend all! Thanks for keeping up with your data entry on the spreadsheet!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    It is fun to have friends joining me in physical activities
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Gayle, I completely get what you mean. My mom ended up going on two half hour walks with me yesterday and it was mostly to try to help me with getting minutes and miles in. I think it was very beneficial for her as well and I hope it gets her to start trying to exercise a little bit more. It is always nice to have someone right there supporting you. Good job!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    Great job everyone! It's going to be tough for me to get in those miles too. Too many meetings this week. Really wintery here still, otherwise I probably wouldn't have any problem catching up this weekend. Will do my best! Have a great weekend all! Thanks for keeping up with your data entry on the spreadsheet!
    I just want to make sure, we can still log this week's activity on Monday, can't we? I'm hoping to get on a real computer today but cannot guarantee it. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Sure Lesley. If I know that then I will hold off reporting our total until Tuesday. Just a reminder that anyone else in a similar situation is welcome to let me know. Also, I am very willing to enter data for you if necessary. Just message me or post it here.
  • leannev68
    Options
    By the way, took a sneak peek at some of the other team threads out there and we are definitely the team to beat. Some of those groups have really set their goals to beat us! I think that's great and only motivates me to try harder. What do you say?? Nothing like a little friendly competition to get us to step up our game!!!
    It's definitely helping me to get moving today. I made the mistake of leaving the last 10 miles of the marathon roadblock for today! Really going to be difficult to get that in but I'm going to try my best! Terrible weather here and I already forced myself to go on a 2 mile walk outside instead of riding my bike inside. Now I need to do that another 4 times today!!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Are any of you avoiding the Kettleball challenge because you don't have the equipment? I don't own a kettleball so I used one of my dumbbells instead. It's only 11 minutes long and not very many of us have posted completion of this challenge. Lots of do-able challenges this week. Let's take advantage!! Let's keep our momentum for ourselves and our team!!!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but it looks like I am not going to get my 26 miles in. Our fence blew down with all the wind so me & my husband is going to work on putting it back up. Also need to do some yard word and sweep out the storm shelter for tonight. We only have a low chance for tornados but I always sweep it out even if there is a low chance. I dont like spiders. I did the kettle, nutritional and accountability challenge. Wish I would have gotten more miles in during the week.
  • leannev68
    Options
    No problem @bm1409 . That roadblock is a doozy! The weather today is brutal. Especially with the blowing wind and snow. Yuck. My hubby is about to drive me to the most northern point in our town and I'm going to walk back. Hopefully rack more minutes and miles! Really have to get myself a treadmill!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Ok. Legs are wobbly but I did it. 10 miles outside in blustery snow today! Had my husband drop me off 3 times at the north end of town so most of my walk would have the blowing snow behind me!! Never would have dreamed of doing that without a team behind me that I didn't want to let down. Lesson learned: definitely going to try harder to spread out the challenge per day next time! Wouldn't have minded so much if the weather was half decent...
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    Ok. Legs are wobbly but I did it. 10 miles outside in blustery snow today! Had my husband drop me off 3 times at the north end of town so most of my walk would have the blowing snow behind me!! Never would have dreamed of doing that without a team behind me that I didn't want to let down. Lesson learned: definitely going to try harder to spread out the challenge per day next time! Wouldn't have minded so much if the weather was half decent...

OMG you are amazing!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    That is absolute insanity Leanne but amazing job!! Thanks so much for getting those points for those of us who couldn't quite get in the 26 miles. I did get the kettlebell challenge done though.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Yes. Insane. But team 6 is crushing us with the roadblocks and accountability challenges! Kettleball and posting accountability are easy points! Hopefully the rest of us will do and post by tomorrow evening!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Team 6 is beating us by 142 points! Please post if you have done any of the challenges!! Kettleball only takes 11 minutes. Posting accountability takes even less time!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I tried to make the 26 miles but ended up 1.5 miles short. Sorry team :neutral:

Many of you have worked so hard, and every one should be proud of their accomplishments this week!

A quote for today:
    "The body achieves what the mind believes."
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    The kettlebell workout was fun! The accountability challenge was super easy :smiley:
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I got the 26 miles done with the help of a friend. We walked for three hours last night. 10 miles! My calves are sore but went to the pool today and feel better- hot tub and moving in the deep in was good!
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wow Leanne, that's some dedication you've got! I finished the accountability & kettle ball challenges just under the wire! Maybe I should have listed procrastination as something I need to work on by the end of the challenge! Lol
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Team 1 Rocks!! You are all awesome ladies and I am glad to have such amazing team mates! I work weird hours, didn't get off 'till 1am tonight/Monday 1am that is. I am going to go post up on accountability challenge, not sure if it will count but it is still my Sunday! (At least 'till I go to bed about 3am). Miles weren't a big problem for me, between the stair climbing with the office gals and walking the neighborhood (great weather we've been having in Oregon) taking in the scent of spring in the moonlight, it has really been great. Saturday I did the kettle bell (2 5lb dumbbells stuffed into an old purse!) Challenge , then I went on you tube and did another kettle bell video. A bit sore today but enjoyed the movement with the weight. I eat cabbage all the time, Chinese cabbage, red cabbage, etc. I brought home two more asian cabbage salads from work tonight(topped with grilled chicken) , extras from our Trader Joe's production. I had some delicious fish tacos this week too. Anyway I'm tired and rambling ....sorry. Really enjoying the Fitbit challenges too! Great work everyone, you inspire me , thank you!