Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just lost my post, so I am going to keep it short. My daughter came by and showed me her pictures of her trip today. She wanted to go to a buffet, but I wasnt hungry, so I fed her grilled hamburgers and hot dogs from last night. Time flew by, I did manage to move my husband clothes from winter to summer,like I did with mine yesterday.

Shirley-I have a Samsung Fit Gear that I got for my birthday last year, I like it, it does what I need it to do. Today I got 7509 steps, so with the weather being nice my steps are picking up.

Getting tired gonna head. Janice

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Yes!!! It is a battle zone, but we must prevail, friends! I changed the batteries in my scale this morning because the numbers were flashing. Guess what? With new batteries I am up 3 pounds!! (Sigh) Sooooo I guess it's been a liar all this time???? I will not let this derail me. I will forge ahead with what I know works for me. :) I will get under 200 by summer...that has not changed. On my way to the gym...check y'all later.

If not now, when???
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning all,

hope everyone is hanging in. TOM for me again, so no scale this week at least not to record:)

marie, sounds like thaw starch is working

shirley, way to go! keep it up, sugar is the enemy

janice, great job on moving around. i have not purchased a fit bit as i am fairly active and don't feel like i could do more than i do. i think it would make me feel pressure:(

nancy, hang in there, i admire your perseverance and thinking about starting another plan. someone gave me a plan that has worked for many, i just haven't started it yet. i can't get there and it is really only 1100-1200 calls a day. but you eat 5-6 times a day.

connie, maybe he scale needs to adjust. whenever i move mine, the battery pops out and then when i stick it it in, it is always up 3-4 lbs and when i get off it doesn't say 0, it says 3.6 or something. once it it returns back to 0, it is all good, i would actually like it to say 20lbs less!! haha!!

heading to spin shortly! make it a great day ladies!!

XO,
    Stephanie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. In addition to an active weekend TOM arrived so I'm trying to be really patient with this uptick on the scale.

Connie - that really stinks. I was hoping you were going to tell us new batteries=lost weight. Oh well, I know you'll press forward and those too will be history.

It's nice and warm today and tonight is my walk during soccer practice. I'm really feeling the effects of spring allergies this year for the first time in a long time. But, I'm not going to hide inside.

Marie - you are winding down on the 10 days! Way to go.

Janice- there is nothing better than to feed our children home cooked meals, is there?

Nancy, I'm with you. Loved loved loved the starch plan but I need to lose weight and it wasn't happening. I still think it might be something I will consider in maintenance.

Shirley, that grand baby of yours is precious.

Steph - you are very active!! You must workout the entire time your kids are in school. Good for you.

Esther- was just looking at Alaska for a trip. I like to go places for longer and experience life there rather than just as a tourist. I'm trying to figure out if 3 or 4 weeks in Alaska would be doable and when and where. Any advice about time of year/location??

Everyone else have a great day!!
    Ruthie

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi friends,

Just unwinding after sitting with Ben for his Immune treatment. We were home by 1:30 so that is great.

*Connie, Please don't let the lying scale cause you one second of discouragement. You are a rock and as someone
    said the scales always change when moving them around and changing the battery, etc. ❤️

*Ruthie, You are so right the Starch Solution was great as far as the way I felt, loved the food, slept like a baby, etc
    but no weight loss.

*Steph, Always good to see you here.

*Shirley, You are doing great. Isaac is so cute!!!

*Janice, You stay so busy but I guess that is a good thing.

*Marie, Glad you still enjoy you food and your IP.

*Esther, When do you get your knee surgery???

I have not been able to use our new gas grill yet. Been busy and our DIL is bringing our meal tonight.
    So I am thinking I will cook a steak sometime this week. I have not had a steak in a long time.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I have been using my smart phone alot lately, and it has been losing my post, while I am writing them, it just happened so I switched to my tablet. The weather has been nice and hot. I have had my windows open and my fans on during the day, the night have been cooler. I like to let the fresh air in and the old stale air out, even though the pollen has been up.

Ruthie-I do like when I can cook and feed my kids, they both work 50 hours a week. It hard to say kids when they are 28 and 33 years old adults, but still my kids.

Nancy-I am busy sometimes but I do get my down time, I can be a slug puppy sometimes.

Today I went to the store and bought my husband some new Wrangler shorts, he is hard on clothes. I also went to the grocery store and picked up a few things. I made a big salad earlier and did some laundry and cleaned the house some. I am cutting back on food, I am up still, it time I get ahold of this before I gain all my weight back. Gotta run. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    A busy day for me, walked this morning with hubby around the neighborhood. Then I did another
    Fitbit challenge and came in fourth. Nice to track your performance with all the other people.

I finished the laundry today and cleaned the downstairs for the family b-day party for my MIL who is
    turning 90. Tonight is choir practice and only 2 more left before the performance.

Better get moving.

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    @JLoRuthie, my recommendation is August early September. My suggestion is take the Alaska Marine Highway Ferry from Bellingham Wa up to Haines. If you want to hop off in each town that is an option. By you would also want to see the interior. From Fairbanks down to Anchorage. And Denali national park. All beautiful places. Send me a message. I can help you plan this if you would like.

Esther
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Good afternoon, We have on our 9th straight day of sunny warm days, so glad the nice weather has arrived. This weekend is the big Thunder over Louisville, it is an all day event with a big all day air show and than later when it gets dark, the big fireworks show, it's one of the biggest in the nation. I have been, but luckily it is aired on tv, it's very crowded. It also includes the opening of the Derby festivities, it's about to get hopping around here.
    I don't have any big plans today, just doing the usual. I may lay out, it's suppose to rain Thursday and Friday, glad Saturday is all clear for the events, people come from all over to see the show.

I did keep my calories lower yesterday, I viewed my dairy yesterday and reminded myself, of what works for me. Have a great day! Janice
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Janice- Sounds like a busy time coming your way with alot of excitement. WTG! I too have been
    watching my logging carefully and have been cutting my calories.

Another beautiful day here but a little cool and will be for a week or so. We are also getting rain tomorrow and Friday so taking advantage of today.

Yoga class this morning and as always trying to get those 10,000 steps in.

Isaac comes home from Mexico today, what a lucky little guy! o:)

Enjoy your day!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    This is the end of my 10 days on Mary Mini. I done cook a great big pot of beans, cabbage and other veggies I could fine and had me a nice bowl for my dinner tonight.was it ever good. I like these one pot meals.Will weight in the morning. to see what the verdict is But I know I will not get in the 170's which I was hoping I would I will be going back to Starch Solution in the . morning . however i did have a sample meal tonight.
    we are in a rainy spell here now.

Ruthie your trip to Alaska sounds so fascinated Hope it all work out for you and your family.. Well MFP got my log in days all all mixed up. Had me down for 5 days when i had over 2,000 days but they got it strigten out back to where it suppose to be.
    Marie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello Ladies

Sounds like everyone is doing well and enjoying nice weather.

Today was my last day on the 10 day smoothie cleanse. I only lost 5 lbs. so I'm a little disappointed. But 5lbs is better than nothing. I think I didn't lose more because I keep forgetting to drink water. My friend is going to by me a 64 oz jug to help me do better in this area. Well next week I'll have two smoothies and one healthy meal everyday plus exercise 5 days a week. I want to lose 15 lbs. before summer.

Goodnight

Sonya
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, misfits! Happy Thursday!

Looks like you guys are all hanging in nicely. We cannot be derailed and must stay the course if we are to get to our goals. The numbers on the scale are slowly making their way back down so I am encouraged that I will have a "real" loss soon.

The weather here has been gorgeous although rain is coming tomorrow. Not too much planned for today but will finish up in the old house today.

Make it a great day!
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Looks like rain today and had rain last night.
    Not much planned today. Will go to Bass Pro with Ben.
    Going to try our gas grill tonight. Hope I will not burn the steaks.

Hope everyone will have a good day.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Nancy - Good luck on the steaks, my hubby does the grilling around here.

Sunny - Actually 5 lbs is not bad for a smoothie diet. That must have been hard.

Marie - At least you tried with other plan, and now back on what makes you happy.

Looks like everyone is getting rain too. I just got back from my walk and it started to rain. Dave
    is back from working on the boat and it started to rain there too.

Not much going on here either today so I will take it as a day relaxation.

Shirley
  • batlott
    batlott Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nancy, I have a weber gensis and use indirect heat to cook our steaks. When the grill is hot I turn off the middle burner and put the steaks over it. The other 2 burners stay on. Leave lid down and check frequently with thermometer and turn until it is done. We cook ours to medium rare so it is pretty quick. Good luck.
    BillieAnn
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi BillieAnn welcome to our group of Misfits I am the elder of this group. So that makes me the queen. I am also the queen of my family. being that I only have one brother still alive. I am also the one to change diet about every week. Trying to loose some weight.What kind of diet are you on.?
    i have a husband whom I adore and i think he adore me. He should being married for almost 60 years.. Lets us hear more from you. <3 Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    BillieAnn, Thanks for your grilling tips. The steaks turned out great. Since that was my first time I was happy. I was a little surprised at how messy the grill looked after first use but I guess you don't have to clean after each use???
    We have the Weber Spirit.
    Welcome to our group.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Nancy-The next time you grill turn the grill on high then burn the leftover food off and scrape with grill brush, then turn down the grill to cook. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Janice, Thanks for that info. I tried to clean it up after it cooled off and it was a real chore!!! So I guess you just don't worry about all the junk on the inside of grill???
    Nancy