Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    @SeeAhtter787 thank you so much for offering to help. This is a big dream that will be tough to pull off but I'm going to try. I will def have questions for you.

Well, this has been a good week for me. After that .8 increase on Monday I resolved to stay the course because I knew I had been doing everything "right". TOM made an appearance this week and that increase stuck around until this morning.

I lost the .8 PLUS an additional 1.8!! I'm so happy I stuck with it and didn't allow the gain to derail me.

NOW I'm thinking that every month my TOM has been sabotaging me mentally...thinking why bother it's not working and then going off course. WELL no more!! I know the lies of the scale.

Can't believe it took me so long to figure this out but better late than never.

It's rainy and dreary here today but I don't mind the slower pace once in awhile. Plus, bye bye pollen.

Have been listening to Prince songs. I grew up listening to him and feel very sad. He was just in ATL last week.

Take care everyone,
    Ruthie

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning misfits.
    Had a cup of pintos for breakfast this morning. Will cook a big big bag of kale to go with them at lunch. Things are going great this morning.
    Shirley you are lucky you have a husband to do dome of the cooking. Mine does his own cooking but does not cook to suit me.
    The scales are doing fine this morning for me.
    Its a beautiful morning out there , Just plain lovely
    I am suppose to meet one of my new friends on the new plan I am on. She is driving thru Mesquite tomorrow to have coffee with me.that will be nice.

Have the most wonderful day
    2734767ds0uiquxdo.gif[/url
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Nancy-We don't clean way down in the inside the grill after each use, that can be a seasonal thing. Also we use the system I told you earlier to clean the cooking surface right after we use the grill that night. It depends on if it's really messy from barbecue sauce, normally we do it right before we cook. Good luck.

Marie- It sounds like your back to your Starch Solution, I hope you see a lose soon.

The sun is back today after yesterday's rain. I don't really have any big plans today. I may go get tomato plants, so we can get them planted this weekend. Have a good weekend. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi friends,

Looks like everyone is doing good. Hope you will have a great weekend.

Just cleaning house today for me. Just got my PC upgraded to Windows 10 this morning. I had Windows 7 and found out I could upgrade for free which was a shock. It was an easy process and l think the upgrade will be great.

Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Nancy........a trick I was given was spray the grill with WD 40 before putting it on the bbq. It helps keep everything from sticking. Sounds weird but really helps
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I think I will Janice. In fact I THINK I WILL BE CLOSER TO THE 170'S BY IN THE MORNING, I have been researching all day on it. Now I am asking myself before I take a bite if it is healthy for me or not If not I don't eat. Since asparagus are in seasons right now I been using them as snacks dipped into non fat ranch dressing
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    @SeeAhtter787 Thanks four your tip. Is there anything that WD 40 want help???
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Ruthie...fantastic loss! It's hard to stay the course but so worth it when we do!

Janice..I know you will get some great tomatoes like last year.

Nancy...hubs upgraded ours to 10 a while back...I'm still adjusting to it.

Marie...hope the scale is your friend this morning.

Cloudy and warm today. I am still 2 pounds up since the scale battery change. Not liking it, but cannot change it so will not let it control my resolve. Onederland is mine if I remain steady and patient.

We can do this, friends. We must never give up the fight!

Connie

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi,
    I have the Thunder show on Fox, it is showing the air planes that will be in air show. It's cloudy right now, I hope the skies clear.

Connie- You remind me of when my scale broke and my new one weighed higher, it stinks to be down and the scale messes with us. I called mine " scalegate". I didn't get my tomatoes yesterday, maybe later this week. I am sure you will see Onderland soon, you are doing great.I took a picture of it when I reached it.

Yesterday I made a tomato pie, like what I discovered last year. It doesn't have a crust, but it is good. I had some small tomatoes that came in container and I used a big can of petite tomatoes for it, plus you use stove top dressing. It's recipe was on the Chew, a woman came on and made it. Plus I made some light deviled eggs and grilled chicken breast, that I had cut into tenders and marinated with Kraft Lite Asian Sesame Dressing.

I am going to watch the planes will check back later. Have a good weekend. Janice

• CALIECAT
    Options
    No Connie it was not i am still,4 away from it I will make it sooner or later.
    pie sounds good Janice know it would have something in it that I could not used on this vegan diet I remember my mother used to make tomatoes and bread stewed together
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Nancy........a local priest tonight after church told my hubby the same trick with WD 40. He said there is a website work 101 uses for WD 40. Haven't had the chance to look yet. Might be worth the look.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    All your recipes are making me hungry. It's getting close to dinner time here and I will make it early
    because I have a Yoga workshop at 6:30pm so I will start dinner early tonight.

I was up a bit this morning on the scale after the 90th b-day party yesterday, but didn't go overboard at all. We had veges and dip, cheese and crackers and deer pepperoni and sliced sausage with green
    grapes for the appetizers. We did have pizza and wings but I didn't eat too much but I did have cake. >:)
    We took the rest of the cake to my MIL's apartment in the common room for the rest of the building
    to enjoy. I will post a picture of my MIL and all the grandchildren and great grandchildren and
    little Isaac on her lap when we get it into dropbox.

Kristina my oldest daughter was here with her boyfriend today to do her taxes with her Dad's help and
    they just left for home.

Nancy - Just let the inside of the grill burn off on its own, that's what we do with our gas grill.

Ruthie - Congrats on the weight loss.

Janice - Your tomatoe pie sounds delicious.

Connie - Darn! that evil scale. >:) I had a doctor apt. at our urgent care clinic and they weighed me
    and their scale was 4 pounds higher. Don't think that wasn't depressing. I weighed in the morning on
    my WW scale and it was much lower. :)

Ruthie - Good luck with your Alaska trip, we did a cruise there once and it was great.

Billie Ann- Welcome to the group.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Nancy..I grilled steaks yesterday...they were yummy. It was so nice not to have to go up/down stairs to get outside. :)

Janice...scalegate...love it! I remember your talking about a new scale. When I hit 199, you guys will be the first to know and a big pic will be attached!

Marie..we both are looking to lose 4 pounds soon...we can do it!

Lots of sun and warm temps this morning. Cooper and I have had our walk and I am enjoying my Bulletproof tea on the porch. Life is good. I'm not sure what I will do today, but the important thing is to keep moving. I have lots to do in the house as I have taken my time getting stuff hung on the walls. The other house is ready to be put on the market..just waiting on hubs to make the arrangements with the realtor.

Still hovering at 204, but I feel sure I will reach my goal of 199 sometime this summer.

Make it a great day, losers! If not now, when?

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

Hope y'all had a great weekend and and looking forward to a good week.

Connie, Our steaks were great also. I think the gas grill will be used often.

I appreciate all the tips you have given me for using and cleaning the grill.

Not any plans for today but will keep busy I am sure.

Connie and Marie, You will get the those pesky 4 pounds off soon, no doubt about it!!!

Nancy

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :)Marie, it's good to see you posting about your eating plan.

:) I haven't posted here in a while...it's good to see so many familiar faces again.

weight-lifting-smiley-emoticon.gif I'm still staying active.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello barbiecat. Yes it as been a long time. miss your great sayings. we have a new one now and that is compliance. I am eating strickly plant food now a days.I admit it is a hard changing a liftime of eating. But i don't miss meat at all. I guess because I never was a big meat eater to began with. But love my tatars and beans.
    Marie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies checking in. I haven't lost any more weight but I feel good. I joined a boot camp class. I'll start on Wed. I'll let u all know how it goes.

Good night!

Sonya
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Our weather report this mornin noi good bad weather this afternoon. Not good on the weight loss either had a 1,oz gain this mornings I think I need to make some of Shirley sliming soup for the rest of the year

Have a great day
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

Marie, Hope the bad weather will miss you, be safe.

Beautiful morning here and I think the bad weather will stay north of us.

Good to see you Barbie.

Sonya, Good luck on boot camp.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I got back from the gynocologist alittle bit ago, I got a pap smear and they found a cyst on my cervix, he took it off to be biopsied and he also scraped the uterus lining checking for other problems, and sent it to be biopsied. I had had some unusual bleeding recently this month and thats the main reason I went to the doctors. I have to go back for an ultrasound in 2 weeks. He thinks the cyst caused the bleeding. He doesnt think it cancerous, and he thought the lining was okay, but wouldnt know, until the results of all the specimens he is sending out for testing. I guess I feel alittle better, finding a possible reason for the bleeding, still worried though. I am cramping some from the scraping and cutting, besides the pap.

After that I went to see my sister at the nursing home, she is about the same, they have suspended her therapy, she said over insurance issues, but is continuing to wear her things to make her feet better.

On the way home I got a couple of White Castle burgers and some onion rings, I hadnt had any lunch, and only a 100 calories pastry crisp.

Marie-I hope the bad weather misses you, we have severe thunderstorm warnings right now thru tomorrow. Gotta go Janice