Meticulous May?

Options
StephieWillcox
StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
I apologise if this is a bit forward (or if it breaks any rules) - but I am a failed low carber and restarter and wondered if anyone would be up for a month of consistent logging in May to get us all back on track?

I have gotten into the habit of picking "low carb" foods without any thought of hunger or actual carbs or calories and it has caused a massive stall - not to mention some pretty dodgy food choices, and quest/atkins bars have become an almost daily occurrence.

I figured 31 days of logging (and eliminating all artifical sweetners) should get me back on track, and I'm sure there are others out there in the same boat so I would love some company and accountability.

Obviously I'm aiming this more towards people who have fallen off the wagon, or those that are noticing "carb creep", rather than the established low-carbers who are trying to get away from meticulously logging every carb :)

Steph x

Replies

• daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Jumping back on bandwagon Monday
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    yeah, I'm on it. I started April 1, have not missed a day yet.. Aiming for 365 days.. have a long way to go. catch you all tomorrow.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I would be in for logging consistently most of May. But I don't have an issue usually logging consistently anyway. I had a streak of... I don't remember, somewhere around +/- 500 days until Nov. Then I went hiking and didn't always have a consistent mobile signal for several days and lost my streak. I'm going on another trip in May, hiking for the first 2 days, then driving to other locations and doing just day hikes. Still, I probably will lose my streak at some point from May 21-30.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for starting the discussion. It helps me to 'blog' here everyday about my plans for good eats for the day. April was a stalled month. I would love to have a fresh (renewed) start in May.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I tend to log every day anyway, but I've been pretty busy lately and relaxing a bit.
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just want to have some place for consistent check in. I have had some really good weeks and some really bad weeks. I do notice a difference with my food choices which has helped with reducing belly bloat, but the scale doesn't seem to reflect the change like I think it should. I figure if I have a check in weekly, that will help keep me focused.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I log daily as is so I'm in!
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    In! A company bake sale sent me off track and I'm ready to get back on as I feel like crap.
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I fell off a bit too, though I've been mostly good even with adding extra carbs on my long running days. I'm up for it!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many on board!

@PaleoInScotland I'm sure we can arrange a jumpin back on track June :)

I did manage to log today, but a quest bar and a coffee with a sugar was not a great way to start! I'm definitely recommitting to May.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are evil! I can eat 5 in one sitting. I've graduated from quest to mission1 bars because I've noticed mission1 bars are not as addicting. But I want to quit my protein bar habit and eat real food. In!
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am so in! Been needing this. Great idea!!
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I had a great successful streak, but since December, have had a hard time being consistent. I need to break the yo-yo eating (I've gained back too much weight), so maybe an extra bit of accountability is exactly what's in order.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    @KnitOrMiss - thanks for the great links!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    and the keto diet app's optional recipes (paid app) looked like it included several good options, too, in case anyone has that.
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I am very guilty of omitting naughty things from my diary as though if I don't log it, then it never happened!!
    I will be honest and truthful throughout may (and beyond)!!
    My calories are always over at the moment - which is deliberate as I have a 9 week old baby I am feeding - can't find any way to up the calorie allowance to account for breastfeeding so just not worrying about the number and focussing on the macros instead, which is working so far but something else like this to keep me accountable is good!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    becwana wrote: »
    I'm in - I am very guilty of omitting naughty things from my diary as though if I don't log it, then it never happened!!
    I will be honest and truthful throughout may (and beyond)!!
    My calories are always over at the moment - which is deliberate as I have a 9 week old baby I am feeding - can't find any way to up the calorie allowance to account for breastfeeding so just not worrying about the number and focussing on the macros instead, which is working so far but something else like this to keep me accountable is good!

@becwana - I believe breastfeeding is listed as an activity in exercise. If not, you can create one... I think average breastfeeding is 500-750 calories additional burned, but if you're pumping or breastfeeding very often, you can find calculators to show you your average burns. I don't remember if she's in this group, but my friend @MandiCole1 used a calculator of some kind to show this when she was breastfeeding her son.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I would be in for logging consistently most of May. But I don't have an issue usually logging consistently anyway. I had a streak of... I don't remember, somewhere around +/- 500 days until Nov. Then I went hiking and didn't always have a consistent mobile signal for several days and lost my streak. I'm going on another trip in May, hiking for the first 2 days, then driving to other locations and doing just day hikes. Still, I probably will lose my streak at some point from May 21-30.

You can reset your streak. Once I had no signal but wrote down my foods to add later. I updated my food diary & reset my streak. Cannot remember how to do it or which device, but it can be done.