Replies

• Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Rest day!
  • Pepperh3ad
    Options
    Cranked out an hour on the stationary bike, followed by a half hour on the elliptical.
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Rest day
  • krce
    krce Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I managed to do some jogging intervals yesterday - 4.3 miles on the treadmill in 62 minutes. I was happy with that :)

Today was an active rest day - 2.3 mile slow paced walk with my son & dogs :)
  • krce
    Options
    3.06 miles this morning with the pups :)
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    Kneading bread dough has to be some sort of strength or cardio right?
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    4 miles walking about to and from places
  • Pepperh3ad
    Options
    WOOO!!! 20 miles on the bike, and an hour and a half in the gym! I feel awesome.
  • krce
    Options
    3.22 miles with dogs this morning. I'm throwing in some jogging intervals & feeling good!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Just a smidge over 4 miles yesterday. I wanted to hit 10,000 steps, but I was pooped by the end of the day, and just couldn't get there. Still, its progress.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    1 mile today. I purchased some new shoes with wide front of foot so hoping they will be comfy on tomorrow's walk about.
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    I went for a mile and a half walk and 1/2 mile moderate walking hike Wednesday

Thursday I did a 3 mile moderate strenuous hike.

Today a short walk with the dog to make sure my legs don't get stiff

Time for a nap haha
  • RunawayCurves
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I went for 6.5 mile walk mixed terrain, some in town some up hills in countryside. I am pleased to report my new expensive running trainers in combination with customised socks worked well. My feet are happy. This is excellent as means I can do more walking in future. I bought Altra repetition running trainers. Altra are a range of active footwear made in foot shape so are not pointed at front like most shoes. They are fantastic for wide feet. I customised my socks by sewing in gel patches to inside of socks over my burning pressure points where feet get sore. That was a bit of work to do but well worth it. Contents of my sock drawer can expect more of that treatment.
    https://www.altrarunning.com/
    0mios59lkjke.jpg
    I have no intention of running but I thought running shoes are designed for high impact and being a very large person is also high impact so me walking probably exerts similar forces on feet to healthy size person running. They felt very comfy.

• BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this, I might check these trainers out. I want something more supportive as I try to up my exercise a little, and these sound ideal. :smiley:
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OW, your reasoning for high-impact running shoes makes sense. I never thought of that! I'm also using running shoes (Brooks) and the walks are way more comfy than with my previous walkers.

Keep up the good work!
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this, I might check these trainers out. I want something more supportive as I try to up my exercise a little, and these sound ideal. :smiley:

They are a US brand but there are some UK stockists. If ordering online double check sizes as US and UK sizes are different. I am supposedly a standard UK womens size 8 according to various shoe shops who I got to measure my feet. I can not even get my foot in women's size 8. However I have taken to now buying UK mens size 10 which allows room for thick socks and heel padding etc. I bought my Altra trainers in UK size 10. On label it says that it is UK 10, US 11, EU 45. I was able to find a UK stockist in my town so was able to try them on in various sizes and options.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I went out with local walking group again to lovely park where there were loads of bluebells out carpeting a large area under trees. It felt like a magical fairy land. I have clocked in 5 miles today making it a nice 25 mile total walked for me this week. That might be my lifetime record so far. With comfy feet there may be no stopping me now B)
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of cycling at least 30 minutes a day for the month of May. I am allowing that to be a weekly average so I allow a day a week where I might just barely ride. So far for week one my weekly average is 34 minutes a day. I stand on my feet all day so getting 10K steps is no real problem, but the 30 minutes a day of cycling can be a challenge. The games one can play with themselves to get out of something good for them is amazing!
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Pepperh3ad wrote: »
    WOOO!!! 20 miles on the bike, and an hour and a half in the gym! I feel awesome.
    a real bike? What kind. I was thinking of getting a bike so when the mosquitos and deer flies come out in June I can stay ahead of them but I'm afraid of bike seats because of my big butt.

• SarahsFitMess
    Options
    I've been sick and refusing to move hoping to feel better tomorrow and get off my butt tomorrow