2. Daily Activity Accountability

Options

Replies

• RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Lovely Pictures Jenni, reminds me of Elan valley in Wales. Walking in beautiful places definitely beats going to gym. Makes being active much more appealing. I am always snapping pictures with my phone while walking. I like the idea of seeing where everyone gets about to in our different bits of world even those in towns. I am nosy and would love to see pics of areas everyone lives and visits.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    No I did not feed the ducks, they had loads of food out already. They were very pampered ducks in their little duck paradise. I am really lucky with being able to get to nice places. I live on Sussex coastline with sea on one side and countryside on the other side. I hate the actual town but being able to catch a bus and escape in to the greenness is great.

I need to move!!!
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    No I did not feed the ducks, they had loads of food out already. They were very pampered ducks in their little duck paradise. I am really lucky with being able to get to nice places. I live on Sussex coastline with sea on one side and countryside on the other side. I hate the actual town but being able to catch a bus and escape in to the greenness is great.

I need to move!!!

Me too! I think I'd have to drive a good 50 miles (a bridge over the Mississippi river, through the city via highway, over Lake Ponchartrain via a 28 mile causeway) to get to praceful, "woodsy" (but flat) scenery..! Sigh! :)
  • ClarissaCLD
    Options
    I need to move!!![/quote]

Me too! I think I'd have to drive a good 50 miles (a bridge over the Mississippi river, through the city via highway, over Lake Ponchartrain via a 28 mile causeway) to get to praceful, "woodsy" (but flat) scenery..! Sigh! :)
    [/quote]

I'm sure we have some nice walks around Lincoln but nothing like in those photos.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Today I walked over 7 miles round boring city streets on my way to and from various appointments so no green scenery today. I was born here in Brighton on south coast England so I know no different. It was a 2 hour bus journey to visit the ducks in Arundel and 90 mins bus to go to Seven sisters cliffs walk. However the sea is 12 minute walk from my front door and south downs can be entered after 45 min walk. I find Brighton is too busy for my liking so I would really hate any city bigger than this. My neighbours are all really loud and inconsiderate so my paper thin walls in flat is not a fun place to be. I need to escape to the lovely places to infuse myself with some sanity :)
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Spent an hour on the treadmill after a long day of walking around the mall
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I walked 22 hours this week and cleaned the house for 5. I love walking but the mosquitos and deer flies are coming soon. I want to get a bicycle. Does anybody have a recommendation for a bicycle suitable for 300 lbs with a semi comfortable seat that I can right on gravel dirt roads?
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    Hour on the treadmill again
  • ClarissaCLD
    Options
    I have had to cancel aquafit because of this stupid cough that is lingering from last weeks cold :(
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Sorry Rob I can not ride a bike and even the stationary ones hurt my bum so I am no help. Maybe acquire one of those bee keeper suits for protection against the bugs. I walked over 13 miles today,. One hour on bus to go to Park for 5 mile walk then I walked home from the park instead of getting bus which is where the other 8 miles came from.
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    Swam around for half an hour today
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Walked over 10 miles today.
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    Didn't feel well so skipped the gym next few days are going to be hectic so we'll see what happens
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    5.5 miles today then it rained
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've been relentless in the gym. Today was cardio, and I put in an hour on the bike, 40 minutes of which was HIIT work at 30 second intervals. Also got a butt-load of walking in. :smiley:
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    20 min kickboxing video. Need to get that longer in the future
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    5 miles walking
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    just 2.5 miles today. Yesterday I was so tired I fell asleep at 5:30pm and did not get up until 9:30am in morning. 16 hours sleeping. I think all the walking over last few weeks finally caught up with me.
  • ClarissaCLD
    Options
    You all amaze me at how much exercising you are all doing. I haven't done anything since 14th April. Even when I was I was only going to Aquafit twice a week. How do you do it all?
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    You all amaze me at how much exercising you are all doing. I haven't done anything since 14th April. Even when I was I was only going to Aquafit twice a week. How do you do it all?

I ask myself the same question when I look at how active some folk here are, I'm jealous! I wish I had the time to dedicate to more activity, although after my exam next week (for the current part of my degree), I'll have the summer to get off my butt and get moving.