Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,446 Member
    Options
    It's pork roll...everyone knows that. Sheesh...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday. Pretty decent chance of a bit of rain today, but we'll see. Only supposed to get to 76 degrees, which is nice.

Well, off to the rat mines!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Soggy Morning!
    AHHHHH, much needed Rain! (Sorry Ed).
    I woke to it, it looks like its here to stay until about 1pm, so says the Weather folks. Hmmm.
    I rather hope so. I have things to do outside the home today...like gas for the car, script at Costco, and maybe grocery shopping maybe.
    Lunch tomorrow with my niece, would be easier it I shopped today....we'll see.

Cats are fed, but not happy...wet fur came bounding in the door while I was trying to put food out the door...and they meant to stay! NOPE! :)

Glad I got the things done yesterday that I did get done, there won't be any outdoor chores today!! But the plants will be happier. :)

Gym with Olivia tonite. Should do it for today.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ok...what the heck is a pork roll? (guess I never shopped at Acme)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi
    With the weather forecast for rain starting later today into tomorrow I decided to pick up my fruit today while the weather is good + 9200 steps. I picked up 4 apples, 3 Jazz and 1 granny Smith, As well as 3 Yogurts at 3 for $1.99, A new brand to me so if I like them I can pick up more Thursday :)
    it was in the 50s when I started out with no discernible breeze.

I went to listen to a "Richard Diamond" Radio Show while walking, It turned out to be a episode of "The Green Hornet" radio show. Enjoyable too.

BTW many of the Richard Diamond shows were written by Blake Edwards of the Pink Pather Movie Series.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
    It's pork roll...everyone knows that. Sheesh...

Hi Ed
    I have a sneaky suspicion that around here whichever way You order a sandwich like that You will end up with whichever one they use and no real heads up such as, "We use Pork Roll not Taylor Ham" :)
    BTW I also like a Pork Roll and Cheese on a Hard Roll AKA kaiser Roll also called a Vienna roll, Just in case
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiser_roll

Have a Nice day at work, Stay Dry
    Roger
    Good Soggy Morning!
    AHHHHH, much needed Rain! (Sorry Ed).
    I woke to it, it looks like its here to stay until about 1pm, so says the Weather folks. Hmmm.
    I rather hope so. I have things to do outside the home today...like gas for the car, script at Costco, and maybe grocery shopping maybe.
    Lunch tomorrow with my niece, would be easier it I shopped today....we'll see.

Cats are fed, but not happy...wet fur came bounding in the door while I was trying to put food out the door...and they meant to stay! NOPE! :)

Glad I got the things done yesterday that I did get done, there won't be any outdoor chores today!! But the plants will be happier. :)

Gym with Olivia tonite. Should do it for today.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Our rain arrives later as I seem o recall it is coming from Your neck of the woods.

Good Luck with Your running around.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Ok...what the heck is a pork roll? (guess I never shopped at Acme)

Hi Valerie
    It is not just a Acme food, it is in all the grocery stores in this area and on the breakfast menu in the Diners.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll
    John Taylor is credited with creating his secret recipe for the product in 1856. George Washington Case, a farmer and butcher from nearby Belle Mead, New Jersey, created his own recipe for pork roll in 1870. Case's was reportedly packaged in corn husks.[3]

Taylor originally called his product "Taylor's Prepared Ham",[4] but was forced to change the name after it failed to meet the new legal definition of "ham" established by the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906. Marketed as both "Taylor's Pork Roll" and "Trenton Pork Roll", it saw competition from products with similar names like "Rolled Pork" and "Trenton style Pork Roll". When their makers were sued by Taylor a 1910 legal case ruled that the words "Pork Roll" could not be trademarked.[4] In North Jersey, residents continue to use the term Taylor Ham, while South Jersey residents generally use the term "pork roll", with Central Jersey residents using a mix of the two

More Information if You follow that link.

Enjoy
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday already. Supposed to get to 80 today with 20% chance of rain. That's not too bad. Lilo has been fed, I've been fed, and it's TAG DAY again. Hopefully not too much outside tagging.

Off to the salt races!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning!
    64 when I woke about 40 minuets ago, and already 66. Warming up nicely with lots of sunshine! :) Its going to be a different day than I'd anticipated, but a good day! My nieces children are still sick, so our lunch has moved to Monday. Which frees up a good chunk of time...and I know just how to use it! Yep, I'll get some pine straw down, finally, and a few other quick chores....gonna be a great day!

Ed should have a good day for tagging..as its comfy outdoors right now, and will probably not make 80 til late afternoon...clear skies... nice!!

Roger, I haven't seen the news this morning, so I hope you're drying out and having a good walk. Cleaned (threw away some junk) on one corner of a shelf in the garage the other day and found 2 pennies...wondered if I could count that as 'found money' !!LOL! I did find a penny last week on a parking lot...forgot to tell.

Ok, need to get myself together, the coffee cup is empty, the hibiscus tea is steeped and cooling, cats are fed...must be time to make some breakfast!

BTW, I made a killer tofu scramble yesterday. My first few attempts were 'ok', but this last batch was great! Had some for dinner after Olivia's gymnastics, and have enough for tonite as well. I'm going to next try to perfect Portabella Mushrooms as the meat sub for fajita's. I suspect I'm going to want a marinade, which may hold the key. I love seitan, but trying to distance myself from it! Last week I made a really good ground meat sub with lentils and walnuts ground in the food processor...its got the texture, and the seasonings make the 'meat' taste like whatever you want it to be.

For this meal...its oatmeal time!

LeeAnn, how's the hip coming along? Not so painful I hope. I know this is simplistic, but for me when my knees were 'screaming', a nice soak in the tub with a healthy dose of Epsom Salts helped. Sometimes we forget these old fashioned 'remedy/aids' that grandma's or mom's taught us...I know I do/did. Anyhow, just hoping you're feeling less pain and can get around with ease. Take care.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/17/2016 100%

Hi
    Yesterdays rain was a fizzle in my area, at some point in the afternoon it rained just enough to get the street wet except under the trees where it stayed dry.

The temperature outside was OK while walking, 7900 steps.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday already. Supposed to get to 80 today with 20% chance of rain. That's not too bad. Lilo has been fed, I've been fed, and it's TAG DAY again. Hopefully not too much outside tagging.

Off to the salt races!
    Hi Ed
    I would be unhappy if I was getting 80 degree weather already.

Hopefully that problematic AC is working well this year.

Enjoy Your tag day, hopefully a light easy one.
    Roger
    Good Morning!
    64 when I woke about 40 minuets ago, and already 66. Warming up nicely with lots of sunshine! :) Its going to be a different day than I'd anticipated, but a good day! My nieces children are still sick, so our lunch has moved to Monday. Which frees up a good chunk of time...and I know just how to use it! Yep, I'll get some pine straw down, finally, and a few other quick chores....gonna be a great day!

Ed should have a good day for tagging..as its comfy outdoors right now, and will probably not make 80 til late afternoon...clear skies... nice!!

Roger, I haven't seen the news this morning, so I hope you're drying out and having a good walk. Cleaned (threw away some junk) on one corner of a shelf in the garage the other day and found 2 pennies...wondered if I could count that as 'found money' !!LOL! I did find a penny last week on a parking lot...forgot to tell.

Ok, need to get myself together, the coffee cup is empty, the hibiscus tea is steeped and cooling, cats are fed...must be time to make some breakfast!

BTW, I made a killer tofu scramble yesterday. My first few attempts were 'ok', but this last batch was great! Had some for dinner after Olivia's gymnastics, and have enough for tonite as well. I'm going to next try to perfect Portabella Mushrooms as the meat sub for fajita's. I suspect I'm going to want a marinade, which may hold the key. I love seitan, but trying to distance myself from it! Last week I made a really good ground meat sub with lentils and walnuts ground in the food processor...its got the texture, and the seasonings make the 'meat' taste like whatever you want it to be.

For this meal...its oatmeal time!

LeeAnn, how's the hip coming along? Not so painful I hope. I know this is simplistic, but for me when my knees were 'screaming', a nice soak in the tub with a healthy dose of Epsom Salts helped. Sometimes we forget these old fashioned 'remedy/aids' that grandma's or mom's taught us...I know I do/did. Anyhow, just hoping you're feeling less pain and can get around with ease. Take care.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I hope Nieces children get better quickly.

Tofu Scramble? To me anything scrambled includes eggs.

I suspect there are plenty of recipes to use Portabella mushrooms. I have also seen the large ones used on TV as a Bun for a sandwich.

The news today was talking about a report saying GMO / GEO is OK. I'm not sure I agree. They also said both sides are calling the report a win, since it says GMO is safe and the other side is saying that since the report indicates crop yields are the same, why bother.

Just curious, what is Your view on Soy protein? FWIW my brother thinks it is a bad idea. I'm not sure how he gets to that point of view as Soy beans have been used in food for a long time.

Enjoy the Oatmeal
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MMMMMM! Roger, my 'scramble' is delicious! green and red peppers, onion, sometimes black olives, etc...turmeric, dry mustard, salt & pepper...mushrooms, etc..... you have to make it 'your own', crumble the drained block of tofu to your liking. Veggies get sautéed a bit to soften them, then I add in the tofu, which has the spices mixed in and become a pretty yellow color, and let them sorta get acquainted with low heat for a few minutes....nice protein, tastes good, etc.

I don't have an issue with whole soy. Its been shown to actually have many benefits all the way down to the cellular level, its the soy protein isolates that are the bad guys. Like most foods...the whole food is terrific, but when you start processing the holy heck out of it the result is not good. If you want specifics I can send you links to scientific published articles. At one time there was a lot of talk about soy only being good for you if it was fermented, but that has been disproved. If you can find a physician who has nutritional training (nearly unheard of), they tell cancer patients to eliminate meat and use soy. (as well as not using dairy, and a few other things ). Problem is med schools do not teach nutrition. Sad, huh?

Gotta go... I missed lunch today, and its now the time I'd normally be eating dinner...

Later...

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I went to bed last night to the accompaniment of thunder, lightning and rain.

Today it's supposed to get to 79, with a 50% chance of scattered showers.Yesterday's tagging was a long one as they re-priced a lot of tobacco items, but I did eventually get it all done.

Today should be better. And I think I figured out (on Tuesday) what they were bringing the extra Marlboro Black Non-Menthol 100s for. The MENTHOL 100s were down a bit, so I returned (once again) the excess Non-Menthol 100s, and transferred out the number of MENTHOL 100s required to bring us up to the listed amount to keep on hand. We'll see if that resolves the issue. :)

Off to the salt races!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Chiro this morning..hope to get to the gym before I go. And then make a quick Whole Foods run and get some chicken fried tofu, and 2 other items. This evening is Olivia's Spring Choral Concert, so meals again will be 'fractured'! :)

Last night got a little exciting. There was a helicopter that came so low it was awfully loud, and felt like it was shaking everything...and it circled, and circled. I went out and go the mail, could practically look into the darn thing...came in and half hour goes by, chopper still buzzing the hood...called DS2 told him I was feeling concerned. We talked but he said he didn't think it was police cause they would be using dogs if it looking for someone...etc.
    Next time I looked out the front of the house...blue lights! And my sweet little neighbor sitting out on the lawn holding her Pit Bull and her three kids, plus another 3 or 4 kids... so I went out to make sure everything was OK over there. She said she had the dog out because the police were searching for a man, and they were afraid of her dog. Then several of the plain clothed cops showed up, along with another neighbor (block party?) They wanted to know what was behind the woods, and got real interested when we said Corely Elementary School... Shortly thereafter they left. Saw on the news they had been trying to catch this guy, he'd escaped in a truck, had crashed the truck 2 streets over and was on foot. They, with the help of the Fire Department eventually found and drug him out of a storm drain at the school. I never did hear WHY they wanted him. Or if he was from this area.

At one point, I heard a cluster of really loud booms....scared the tar out of me...it was those thunderstorms Ed mentioned!!! LOL!!

So, my quiet little neighborhood is quiet once again, its drizzle out there, but the birds are singing and the coffee is good! :)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Roger.
    I realize I didn't give you much of an answer when you questioned about soy... There are a lot of 'reports' out there. I happen to follow Dr. Michael Greger. He's got an interesting story about his grandmother. Many go into medicine because a parent or relative die from a disease....this is a story about how he became a Doctor because his Grandmother LIVED!
    I quote from the book's Preface......
    "I was only a kid when the doctors sent her home in a wheelchair to die. Diagnosed with end-stage heart disease, she had already had so many bypass operations the the surgeons essentially ran out of plumbing---the scarring from each open-heart surgery had made the next more difficult until they finally ran out of options. Confined to a wheelchair with crishing chest pain, her doctors told her there was nothing else they could do. Her life was over at age 65." .... Soon after she was discharged from the hospital to spend her last days at home, a segment aired on 60 Minutes about Nathan Pritikin, and early lifestyle medicine pioneer who had been gaining a reputation for reversing terminal heart disease. He had just opened a new center in Cali. , and my grandmother, in desperation, somehow made the cross-country trek to become one of its first patients. This was a live-in program where everyone was placed on a plant-based diet and then started on a graded exercise regimen. THEY WHEELED MY GRANDMOTHER IN, AND SHE WALKED OUT! (Caps and typo's are all mine :))
    (told at 65 she was going to die and couln'dt be helped, she lived to be 96,)

That story caught my attention years ago, and I've been following him and his research/reachers ever since. Whew! All that said, he has a web site, that I suggest you check into... www.nutritionfacts.org. All his studies are documented from medical research/science, its a non-profit...umm, and it covers the gamut of health topics... I typed 'soy' into the search window, and then on the next screen on the left side you have a choice of choosing a letter of the alphabet...'s'...and then a list comes up, choose 'soy' and there are many articles to read or video's to watch...(all of his video's have a transcript also)....

That was long, but I think nutritionfacts.org gives a fair and honest insight into foods, diet, lifestyle, and health.

Poor Roger...are your eyes crossed yet from reading? I have Dr G's book on my phone, as well as then going back and buying the hard copy... 'How Not To Die'. It makes a great reference book.

Later...
    now I'm late heading for the shower!!! :)

• RogerToo
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking earlier, 3 stops during the walk + 8200 steps.
    Now after trip to the lumber yard to price items I am up to 9200 steps :)
    Today's weather has started out nice and is supposed to be in the 70s for a high.

I'm not saying I'm less than impressed by the News out of the New York TV stations however, When they call the image below a Bulldozer............. ??
    YHXroJ.jpg
    However to me this is a Bulldozer not the Excavator shown above :)
    7vt3PM.jpg

Currently I am running a file recovery program on a external drive from my Brother, It got corrupted by a power outage, That is the likely cause anyway. The Deep Scan portion took from Noon to almost 7AM. Now it is recovering to a different external drive and then I'll try and see if I can fix the old drive. Currently Windows thinks it needs to be formatted and will not run chkdsk on it.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
    MMMMMM! Roger, my 'scramble' is delicious! green and red peppers, onion, sometimes black olives, etc...turmeric, dry mustard, salt & pepper...mushrooms, etc..... you have to make it 'your own', crumble the drained block of tofu to your liking. Veggies get sautéed a bit to soften them, then I add in the tofu, which has the spices mixed in and become a pretty yellow color, and let them sorta get acquainted with low heat for a few minutes....nice protein, tastes good, etc.

I don't have an issue with whole soy. Its been shown to actually have many benefits all the way down to the cellular level, its the soy protein isolates that are the bad guys. Like most foods...the whole food is terrific, but when you start processing the holy heck out of it the result is not good. If you want specifics I can send you links to scientific published articles. At one time there was a lot of talk about soy only being good for you if it was fermented, but that has been disproved. If you can find a physician who has nutritional training (nearly unheard of), they tell cancer patients to eliminate meat and use soy. (as well as not using dairy, and a few other things ). Problem is med schools do not teach nutrition. Sad, huh?

Gotta go... I missed lunch today, and its now the time I'd normally be eating dinner...

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Thank You for the answer, Lots of messages here to read today.
    I am not the one that thinks Soy products as evil like my brother does. Sometimes he gets odd notions :)
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I went to bed last night to the accompaniment of thunder, lightning and rain.

Today it's supposed to get to 79, with a 50% chance of scattered showers.Yesterday's tagging was a long one as they re-priced a lot of tobacco items, but I did eventually get it all done.

Today should be better. And I think I figured out (on Tuesday) what they were bringing the extra Marlboro Black Non-Menthol 100s for. The MENTHOL 100s were down a bit, so I returned (once again) the excess Non-Menthol 100s, and transferred out the number of MENTHOL 100s required to bring us up to the listed amount to keep on hand. We'll see if that resolves the issue. :)

Off to the salt races!

Hi Ed
    It sounds as if You are handling things so as to make life easier.

I hope You have it figured out and that solves the problem.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good Morning!
    Chiro this morning..hope to get to the gym before I go. And then make a quick Whole Foods run and get some chicken fried tofu, and 2 other items. This evening is Olivia's Spring Choral Concert, so meals again will be 'fractured'! :)

Last night got a little exciting. There was a helicopter that came so low it was awfully loud, and felt like it was shaking everything...and it circled, and circled. I went out and go the mail, could practically look into the darn thing...came in and half hour goes by, chopper still buzzing the hood...called DS2 told him I was feeling concerned. We talked but he said he didn't think it was police cause they would be using dogs if it looking for someone...etc.
    Next time I looked out the front of the house...blue lights! And my sweet little neighbor sitting out on the lawn holding her Pit Bull and her three kids, plus another 3 or 4 kids... so I went out to make sure everything was OK over there. She said she had the dog out because the police were searching for a man, and they were afraid of her dog. Then several of the plain clothed cops showed up, along with another neighbor (block party?) They wanted to know what was behind the woods, and got real interested when we said Corely Elementary School... Shortly thereafter they left. Saw on the news they had been trying to catch this guy, he'd escaped in a truck, had crashed the truck 2 streets over and was on foot. They, with the help of the Fire Department eventually found and drug him out of a storm drain at the school. I never did hear WHY they wanted him. Or if he was from this area.

At one point, I heard a cluster of really loud booms....scared the tar out of me...it was those thunderstorms Ed mentioned!!! LOL!!

So, my quiet little neighborhood is quiet once again, its drizzle out there, but the birds are singing and the coffee is good! :)

Later...

Hi
    I had a suspicion even before I read the rest of the message that they were searching for someone.
    Roger.
    I realize I didn't give you much of an answer when you questioned about soy... There are a lot of 'reports' out there. I happen to follow Dr. Michael Greger. He's got an interesting story about his grandmother. Many go into medicine because a parent or relative die from a disease....this is a story about how he became a Doctor because his Grandmother LIVED!
    I quote from the book's Preface......
    "I was only a kid when the doctors sent her home in a wheelchair to die. Diagnosed with end-stage heart disease, she had already had so many bypass operations the the surgeons essentially ran out of plumbing---the scarring from each open-heart surgery had made the next more difficult until they finally ran out of options. Confined to a wheelchair with crishing chest pain, her doctors told her there was nothing else they could do. Her life was over at age 65." .... Soon after she was discharged from the hospital to spend her last days at home, a segment aired on 60 Minutes about Nathan Pritikin, and early lifestyle medicine pioneer who had been gaining a reputation for reversing terminal heart disease. He had just opened a new center in Cali. , and my grandmother, in desperation, somehow made the cross-country trek to become one of its first patients. This was a live-in program where everyone was placed on a plant-based diet and then started on a graded exercise regimen. THEY WHEELED MY GRANDMOTHER IN, AND SHE WALKED OUT! (Caps and typo's are all mine :))
    (told at 65 she was going to die and couln'dt be helped, she lived to be 96,)

That story caught my attention years ago, and I've been following him and his research/reachers ever since. Whew! All that said, he has a web site, that I suggest you check into... www.nutritionfacts.org. All his studies are documented from medical research/science, its a non-profit...umm, and it covers the gamut of health topics... I typed 'soy' into the search window, and then on the next screen on the left side you have a choice of choosing a letter of the alphabet...'s'...and then a list comes up, choose 'soy' and there are many articles to read or video's to watch...(all of his video's have a transcript also)....

That was long, but I think nutritionfacts.org gives a fair and honest insight into foods, diet, lifestyle, and health.

Poor Roger...are your eyes crossed yet from reading? I have Dr G's book on my phone, as well as then going back and buying the hard copy... 'How Not To Die'. It makes a great reference book.

Later...
    now I'm late heading for the shower!!! :)

Hi
    Mom liked a book called "Let's Eat Right to Keep Fit book by Adelle Davis"

My Eyes are not crossed yet? I have not had tome to go look an become cross eyed.

What a great story regarding living to 96 !

It is a shame that so many people do not change their lifestyle after a bypass. Even that only addresses part of the problem.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Only supposed to get to 64 degrees today. Clearly the grudge match between Spring and Summer isn't over. 90% chance of rain so I suspect it will be wet.

Off to the rat mines! Hope the poor critters don't drown...

0dkwtdiun10y.png

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Val, I am glad the man who was running was caught! How scary for everyone in the neighborhood and school. But is sounds like everyone is safe now...great to hear. Question about the tofu scramble - what kind of tofu? Firm? Soft? Medium? Thanks.

Roger, thanks for asking how the pain is doing. Well, my innards are all healthy (that was my first stop since the pain is also in the lower abdomen). I have an appointment with a sports medicine doctor in about a week and a half (does that mean I am now an athlete? Kind of like having athlete's foot makes one an athlete? I still have the pain, but a bit less. The down side is no walking of any significance (just a very slow stroll with my husband and the dog). But I tried swimming yesterday. I need something...I just have to figure out what will work.

And Roger, I also loved the local references. No, when I was little we shopped at the Acme, not the Ack-a-me, the 3 syllable version. Actually, we lived right near a Penn Fruit market - much easier to say!

Ed, looking like good weather for you today? Enjoy what you can.

Take care folks and enjoy the day,
    Lee-Ann
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi
    7200 steps and 1 Cent today. The Weather is warming up already too. I picked up some Blackberries at $0.99 and some Cherries and two Bananas since the weather is warming up.
    Before I left I turned off the heat as it was running and today is supposed to be in the mid 70s, We should not need it and may even be done with the heat until fall :)

Yesterday I got my Brothers Hard Drive repaired, then I came up to this computer and son of a gun, My External drive here has a problem too, great!

So I know what I will be doing later on. I doubt the drive is bad, just not showing as partitioned and formatted :(

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Only supposed to get to 64 degrees today. Clearly the grudge match between Spring and Summer isn't over. 90% chance of rain so I suspect it will be wet.

Off to the rat mines! Hope the poor critters don't drown...

0dkwtdiun10y.png

Hi Ed
    Hmmm... I wonder if that weather is headed my way for tomorrow? I'll have to pay attention to the Weather forecast later.

I loved that picture, and so true sadly :)

Stay Warm & Dry, Enjoy the upcoming weekend
    Roger
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Val, I am glad the man who was running was caught! How scary for everyone in the neighborhood and school. But is sounds like everyone is safe now...great to hear. Question about the tofu scramble - what kind of tofu? Firm? Soft? Medium? Thanks.

Roger, thanks for asking how the pain is doing. Well, my innards are all healthy (that was my first stop since the pain is also in the lower abdomen). I have an appointment with a sports medicine doctor in about a week and a half (does that mean I am now an athlete? Kind of like having athlete's foot makes one an athlete? I still have the pain, but a bit less. The down side is no walking of any significance (just a very slow stroll with my husband and the dog). But I tried swimming yesterday. I need something...I just have to figure out what will work.

And Roger, I also loved the local references. No, when I was little we shopped at the Acme, not the Ack-a-me, the 3 syllable version. Actually, we lived right near a Penn Fruit market - much easier to say!

Ed, looking like good weather for you today? Enjoy what you can.

Take care folks and enjoy the day,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    FWIW I had Tennis elbow in the past and I never played tennis :) I did get treatment in the past from a sports medicine doctor for various aches and pains. I have heard that swimming is a good form of exercise as well as being easier on the joints.

I have heard of Penn Fruit, I have never seen one however.

I'm Glad to hear that some people are enjoying my little psotings

Enjoy the next three day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi All...Its Friday!
    Gray, and spitting misty rain..how's that for a description!

Roger I looked up the book your Mom followed by Adelle Davis...there are several of them on Amazon...I got the latest one (1971, I think it was...it's $3. ) I've seen that book before, I remember the cover. Not sure if I owned at one time or not. (Worse yet, wonder if I read it and thought she was nuts? ) I did that with Dean Ornish...gave that book away thinking he was just crazy...had to re purchase it several years ago...oops! (just as an aside...did you know that Dr. Ornish is the first Medicare approved heart management program!) I was impressed. I heard him say it was the hardest thing he'd ever done/accomplished, that it took him 16 years. That is awful, but even worse, those who've also sought Medicare Approval for other issues usually say "really, ONLY 16 years?" No wonder we're number 35 in world health!

Ed, your big bold statement about having to eat healthy more than once not only made me laugh, reminds me of the commercial I see occasionally...about healthy being more than one, more than on sit up, one stalk of broccoli.... Yeah, really is cruel and unfair! LOL!!!! But, also true.

LeeAnn...Firm or extra firm tofu. Organic for certain, drain the water off, then set on either kitchen towels or folds of paper towels, and set an iron skillet, or plate with a can of beans, ie...something heavy on it for maybe 20 minutes. Drained tastes better IMHO.
    What you don't want is Silken Tofu. ITs great stuff if you want to make a totally smooth sauce, or naturally my fav,...chocolate mousse! I have a recipe for Ranch Dressing I keep meaning to try...somehow though my box of Silken Tofu always ends up chocolate....hmmmm! If you think about it from the nutritional standpoint, not only is it tasty, but probably the healthiest mousse out there!! :)

LeeAnn is that tight muscle the Psoas muscle? I think that's what you said....I had to laugh..yesterday at MY (yep, I think she's there just for me...sign of a good doc?), anyhow whe did something different. She put one hand on my left hip, and the other applied pressure to my left lower abdomen....conversation went something like this:
    Me: This is new? Feels good, what are you doing?
    Her: Your Psoas muscle was tight, and I'm releasing it.
    Me: my what? muscle...
    She repeated what she said...and added probably from your right hip being high. (which I knew when I went in there, and told her how this time I KNEW my hips were not 'level' or 'even'...)
    She asked how I knew my hip was out of whack...and I told her. (sitting in the massage chair at the gym the day before, I realized my left heel was just touching the floor....and my right heel was not. Checked to make sure I was sitting properly, check, and the body sleuth, (aka my brain) said loudly, AHH HA!!!)
    Anyhow, without going back and losing my post in the process, is that the muscle you're working with? I'm thinking it is.... small world FitBit Buddy!
    Only I was not in any pain....I expect gone unchecked, it would have been painful in the future.

Ok, its a cool, though humid day, and the doors are open, and I hear the birds singing, singing louder than my rumbling tummy demanding breakfast!!! :)

Later...

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Woke up a bit before 4:00 with a slight headache so I got up, fed Lilo and made something to eat.

Supposed to go to an afternoon party and then to dinner at a friend's home. Busy day!

I will go back to bed shortly to get a bit more sleep.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Saturday Morning!
    Bright but not sunny, and downright chilly! Ok, I think 50 anything is chilly. Especially when I'd gotten damp in the misty rain yesterday, and just could not get warm. Turned the heat to come on at 68, put blanket back on the bed, got out my winter sleep clothes...Did finally warm about 3:30 a.m this morning. I was just stuck at bone cold!!!

Lunch today with Marietta if it kills us!!! Yesterday got messed up, and we rescheduled for today...sound like my whole week last week.... Looking forward to a clean cut schedule this coming week! (fingers crossed)

Hockey game on tonite....my St. Louis Blues, (actually DS1's fav. team) is a game behind in the series...Hope the Blues have a great night on the ice!

Ed, your day does sound easy, and also great for socializing! Also hope that headache went away with a snack and your return to sleep.

Big win last night at GA's Mega Millions....$2!!!! LOL!!! Oh well, paid for playing this week. Now, on with bigger and better wins!

Tomorrow is O's 12th birthday...wow! Means I retired 12 years ago from the ARC. also...can't believe our little girl is knocking on the door of 'Teen-hood' (Teen-Hood--Technical term for 'hormones') I'm so glad I was able to work most of those years at a fun job at the gym, with a short stint at Starbucks!
    Oh my, how time flies...

Speaking of which, I need to be heading to the shower.

Have a great day, hope its warm and sunny where you are...Roger haven't seen a garden report lately....how's it growing?

LeeAnn, when is your appointment with the Sports Med Doc? Soon, if not already happened. I hate it that you're having pains. Not fun at all.

Later