Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,446 Member
    Options
    Just because you have to answer the questions doesn't mean you have to necessarily tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...I'd be willing to bet a good chunk of people don't.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    ; Just because you have to answer the questions doesn't mean you have to necessarily tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...I'd be willing to bet a good chunk of people don't. ; ; :smiley:
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Tag day yet again already. Whee! 60 now but supposed to get to 88 this afternoon. Bleah.

At least I had some nice leftover Crock Pot beef stew for breakfast.

Off to the salt races!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

05/24/2016 100%

Hi
    No walking today :( Yesterday I was fine until sometime between noon and 2PM. I got up from my chair at then and my ankle was hurting like the dickens. It does feel much better this morning however It is still a little sore so I am taking the day off from walking. I have no clue what happened or why either, One of life's little mysteries :)

Enjoy Your Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Had to type that quickly, as its about to become afternoon!
    Stayed up last night listening to the Hockey game....St. Louis lost...in the 2nd nd 3rd periods. First period was a hockey game! after that something changed. Not sure what, but it cost them the game. AND, after that I couldn't sleep. So, I saw 1:30 this morning...not good.
    Late getting up, and have frittered away my morning, after feeding cats, online reading, and surfing. When will I learn? I did make tea for the day, and put a few items in the dishwasher, but basically...I've been a slug.

Taking this 'survey' thing to O's last gymnastics practice for this school year, and maybe my kids will have heard of it, or have some ideas as well. I've had 'long form' census before, but it was during census years...(years ending in '0')....this is just way off.
    Thanks for your inputs on this dilemma of mine. Sad when you no longer can trust. Just the thought of telling 'someone' where I work, when I leave for work, and how many people live at my house..sounds like an open invite to come invade my unattended house? mmmmmmm.

Ok, what else? Ummm, if I eat something, I hope to go cut the grass, then come in for a quick shower and gym time. Then go see O's last gym. It will be 'enough' for this day! :)

Later...
    Ok, I went back and used the web site Ed....I guess I'm 'stuck' with it. Fines seemed quite hefty if I don't. Nosey bunch... I do have a good alarm system, so there's that. GRRRRRRR! said the crabby old woman!!!
    Roger, I think I'd like your brother, we seem to think alike...except for all of his 'sweet stuff' baking.... LOL!!
    Ok, now it is 4 minutes til afternoon...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Yesterday was Your laze around day, Today is mine....
    I am not sure just how truthful I would be with the Governments Data Mining :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Just because you have to answer the questions doesn't mean you have to necessarily tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...I'd be willing to bet a good chunk of people don't.
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Tag day yet again already. Whee! 60 now but supposed to get to 88 this afternoon. Bleah.

At least I had some nice leftover Crock Pot beef stew for breakfast.
    Hi Ed
    Heh, it is supposed to be around 88 degrees here too, I am not really ready for that to happen either. Hopefully The other AC units that have not been used yet this year came through the winter OK. I would hate to have to find a replacement for the one unit that has to go in a small window.

I agree that most if not all people make mistakes with that form, Whether on purpose or by accident Who knows :)

Good Luck with the Tag Day
    Roger
    ; Just because you have to answer the questions doesn't mean you have to necessarily tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...I'd be willing to bet a good chunk of people don't. ; ; :smiley:

Hi Valerie
    At least You still have Your sense of Humor about this
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning Roger.
    Roger you did it again....post was NOT there when I posted, and yet this morning I learn you have/had a bum ankle, and posted ahead of me! Sorry about the ankle Roger. New shoes?, different socks, need ankle exercises? Our bodies have a way to tell us we need a rest. Yours didn't gently suggest...it YELLED at you!!! :) Hope today found your ankle much improved.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning Y'all,
    Going for a second cup of coffee...this one will be decaf. Hmmm, decaf and a banana, does not a breakfast make if you're about to embark on a grocery run! I'd better think of something more to eat!

Its warming quickly this morning...I might consider getting a move on! :)

Last night was the last of O's gymnastics til next fall when school starts again. Today is last day at school for our kids in most of the metro area. Today they're happy, give them a week to be bored!

Today is also going to be a gym day...grocery day...and last long chat with DS1. His new job is closer to home, so we'll be cutting chat time by about half. I know he's happy about that!
    Don't know yet exactly what his new going home time will be.
    I told them about the census thing....and Jack asked if I could send it to him....I could do screen shots, but I think that would take quite a bit of time, so I'm considering asking for the paper variety...that I can copy on my printer and give to him. Not sure why he wants a copy, and I'd gladly give him mine, but alas that's not gonna work!

Ok, Ed, hope you get your tagging done outdoors in the next hour or so.
    Roger hope you don't go walking the long route today....best to rest it.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning Roger.
    Roger you did it again....post was NOT there when I posted, and yet this morning I learn you have/had a bum ankle, and posted ahead of me! Sorry about the ankle Roger. New shoes?, different socks, need ankle exercises? Our bodies have a way to tell us we need a rest. Yours didn't gently suggest...it YELLED at you!!! :) Hope today found your ankle much improved.

Hi Valerie
    I can not point to anything, Same batch of Socks, Same Shoes and I was fine when I returned from the regular walk until sometime between Noon and 2PM. A Mystery to me.

I could feel it getting less painful through the night and this morning it was much improved and currently I feel fine once again. I have no clue what or why :)
    Good Morning Y'all,
    Going for a second cup of coffee...this one will be decaf. Hmmm, decaf and a banana, does not a breakfast make if you're about to embark on a grocery run! I'd better think of something more to eat!

Its warming quickly this morning...I might consider getting a move on! :)

Last night was the last of O's gymnastics til next fall when school starts again. Today is last day at school for our kids in most of the metro area. Today they're happy, give them a week to be bored!

Today is also going to be a gym day...grocery day...and last long chat with DS1. His new job is closer to home, so we'll be cutting chat time by about half. I know he's happy about that!
    Don't know yet exactly what his new going home time will be.
    I told them about the census thing....and Jack asked if I could send it to him....I could do screen shots, but I think that would take quite a bit of time, so I'm considering asking for the paper variety...that I can copy on my printer and give to him. Not sure why he wants a copy, and I'd gladly give him mine, but alas that's not gonna work!

Ok, Ed, hope you get your tagging done outdoors in the next hour or so.
    Roger hope you don't go walking the long route today....best to rest it.

Later...

Nope a day off from walking today.

I tend to try not going shopping on an empty stomach. I end up impulse buying crud that way.

This is a link to the Survey itself in PDF format. I pulled off of the Link Ed posted the other day :)
    http://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/methodology/questionnaires/2016/quest16.pdf

Good Luck
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

87 for the high today with a 30 percent chance of isolated showers. I need to count the cigarettes this morning and then INVENTORY the cigarettes...yes, that means technically I count them twice, but one is just a total count, to compare with the total count the store thinks we should have, fairly quick, and the other is checking the amount of each kind vs. what the computer says we have of that kind, and is a bit slower.

The fun never ends.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I decided to sty home today instead of walking as I did have a little bit of pain last night towards the end of the day in my ankle. Tomorrow I get back out, hopefully early as we head into summer temperatures. Latest forecast that I saw this morning is for 80s thru Tuesday.
    The front porch thermometer is already showing 73 degrees at 7:30. My prime walking temperature is around 60 :)

Time for Caterpillar patrol after I finish with MFP and before Breakfast. Them Things can move pretty fast.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

87 for the high today with a 30 percent chance of isolated showers. I need to count the cigarettes this morning and then INVENTORY the cigarettes...yes, that means technically I count them twice, but one is just a total count, to compare with the total count the store thinks we should have, fairly quick, and the other is checking the amount of each kind vs. what the computer says we have of that kind, and is a bit slower.

The fun never ends.

Hi Ed
    Well it does seem semi redundant to count them twice, I would have thought that if the count of each kind matches the computer that would be enough. That was the only type of inventory I ever did at work the few times we did one.

Stay Dry
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Those mentioned showers aren't due til around lunch time, so I want to get outside and get those chores done and off my list. Then I think I'll spend the indoor time on my Global Health class, so I'm not doing that last minute. Lastly, its trash day...so gathering of the waste baskets, checking refrigerator, etc... and hopefully find a few items that can be trashed to lighten the house load. :smiley:

Oh, and I have so many big mop head hydrangea blooms, that I want to cut some to dry. They dry nicely, and can be tucked into 'winter' arrangements in the house. Meanwhile I can have a big beautiful vase of white to purple flowers.

Roger how's the ankle this morning? Hope the pain was a passing anomaly. We can't have you down and out...the people you see every morning would miss you! On the other hand don't push it...easy...patience, and all of that... :)

Ed, glad its you counting those cigarettes...I, having been a smoker for nearly 40 years, and a non smoker now for I think 15 years, can no longer stand the smell of them...smoked and/or unsmoked. Now, if I could just conquer sugar. Oh, I can smell it...(and it still smells delicious) but I can't break the eating it part.

Time for action!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Valerie
    I always liked hydrangea blooms. My one Aunt always had them growing in the garden along with Baby's-Breath, Zinnias, Roses, Giant Marigolds etc. She always had dried flowers to use throughout the Winter. I'm pulling a blank on the name but she used to go out on the side roads in the country and Snip some branches of a bush that had Orange berries to dry and use with the Dried Flower Arrangements.

The Ankle seems OK currently, I did decide to have a second off day from walking to make sure it is OK :)
    I Hope the pain was a passing anomaly also.

I must be sensitive to the smell of tobacco smoke, I can smell it in the house when the next door neighbor(s) are ouside smoking. Probably a clue that the house is not very air tight too.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ed & Roger,
    I saw this a few minutes ago, and I thought of Ed and his crock pot cooking...Roger maybe your brother would like this,....or you???

Slow Cooker Corn On The Cob SERVES 8-10
    INGREDIENTS
    8-10 ears of corn
    1/3 cup water
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    Unsalted butter, to taste
    Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Fresh herbs or green onion, to taste
    PREPARATION
    1. Place corn in slow cooker and pour in 1/3 cup water.
    2. Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2-3 hours, or until corn is bright yellow and tender.
    3. Use tongs to remove corn and season with salt and pepper, and your choice of butter, lemon juice, and fresh herbs.
    4. Serve immediately and enjoy!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Supposed to be hot today too, with a small chance of rain.

I only have to count the total cigarette count today. That's NORMAL. Only once every two or three weeks I do the actual inventory. The inventory is just to insure that the count on individual types is correct so that the order for replenishment is correct. It fixes things like someone ringing up the KINGS when the customer wanted the 100s of the same brand, and the cashier swapping, since our register can't void a sale that's been completed. We can cancel a fuel purchase after completion, if they haven't actually pumped the gas, but we can't void a completed sale of anything else. I understand the logic behind this, as there is no manager handy (except when I'm there) to validate such a void, and this keeps the cashier from voiding items after the fact and taking the money for themselves.

Any pre-completion voids have to be documented on the receipt for accounting.

Anyway...off to the salt races!

• RogerToo
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I went out walking this morning, Not walking was killing my weight :(
    6700 steps to ease back into walking. Hopefully my Ankle will be OK.
    The temperature was in the low 90s Yesterday in parts of NJ, This morning was 8 degrees warmer and more humid than yesterday for the same time. The Living Room was 77 degrees already so I have turned on the Wall AC. When I walked in the Sunlight I could feel the heat too.

I had the New Dinner Entree Black Bean Polenta Enchilada with White Meat Chicken 250 calories last night, It was OK. Not as hot as I was afraid it would be. On a par with the Southwest Fiesta Melt lunch melt and I do order a couple of those each order for the variety.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Ed & Roger,
    I saw this a few minutes ago, and I thought of Ed and his crock pot cooking...Roger maybe your brother would like this,....or you???

Slow Cooker Corn On The Cob SERVES 8-10
    INGREDIENTS
    8-10 ears of corn
    1/3 cup water
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    Unsalted butter, to taste
    Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Fresh herbs or green onion, to taste
    PREPARATION
    1. Place corn in slow cooker and pour in 1/3 cup water.
    2. Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2-3 hours, or until corn is bright yellow and tender.
    3. Use tongs to remove corn and season with salt and pepper, and your choice of butter, lemon juice, and fresh herbs.
    4. Serve immediately and enjoy!

Hi Valerie
    I'll have to remember to print this out, I like hard copy :)
    I am a little surprised how long the cooking time is on high.

Have a Nice Day
    Thank You
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Supposed to be hot today too, with a small chance of rain.

I only have to count the total cigarette count today. That's NORMAL. Only once every two or three weeks I do the actual inventory. The inventory is just to insure that the count on individual types is correct so that the order for replenishment is correct. It fixes things like someone ringing up the KINGS when the customer wanted the 100s of the same brand, and the cashier swapping, since our register can't void a sale that's been completed. We can cancel a fuel purchase after completion, if they haven't actually pumped the gas, but we can't void a completed sale of anything else. I understand the logic behind this, as there is no manager handy (except when I'm there) to validate such a void, and this keeps the cashier from voiding items after the fact and taking the money for themselves.

Any pre-completion voids have to be documented on the receipt for accounting.

Anyway...off to the salt races!
    Hi Ed
    I hope the Booth AC is working OK this year, I seem to recollect that it gave some problems last year. I am a little surprised that there is no mechanism for a Manager to void a purchase however.

Stay Cool
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Afternoon!!!
    I wanted to get outside before it got hot...so I came in about 11:30, hungry! Big salad with mixed beans, and now I'm ready to go again!

Finished my weed whacking, saw 'Sam' the yard guy, and he and his daughter came over and moved those falling apart big pots...looks so much nicer. Was worth the 50 bucks!
    In my weeding, (some by hand) I suddenly saw an eye looking at me...and a head, and what appeared to be a long slender body....fortunately I also noticed a leg, and a foot that was clinging onto a small violet plant...cute little lizard! Even if he did give me a little bit of a startle. I didn't see any legless long thin things so it was a good morning!

Picked 10 big hydrangea blooms, and you can't even tell I touched the bushes...Now I just have to dry them.

I had to turn on the AC last night. Temp in the house got up to 80, and that is just not sleeping friendly. So, May 26th first AC day of the summer. I can almost hear GA Power cheering! LOL! :smiley:

Heading to the shower, and then the gym. Dinner tonite is going to be frijitas with sliced cooked Portabella mushrooms subbing for meat! Some avocado and an ear of corn should round out my menu...oh...also some pineapple for my sweet treat.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited May 2016
    Options
    PS...the fajita's were amazing! :)
    I forgot to save you one!!! LOL!

Was the orange berried bush your aunt used to clip Bittersweet by any chance? There was a whole fence row of it behind the house we rented in N.J.
    Does nicely in dried arrangements.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

My big crate (15 bottles) of red wine is supposed to arrive today. This is the second crate of wine I've ordered from this company. The first was mixed, 8 red and 7 white, consisting of 10 different wines. There were two bottles of some of them.

This crate is 15 different reds. Some of them, 5 I think, are some of the same ones in the prior crate, and I know I liked them. I have no reason to think I won't like the rest.

Some friends want to come this evening and drag us out for Indian food. Not sure which Indian restaurant we will be going to, but I won't require much dragging...

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Will need to go back and read, but I haven't fallen off the planet. I am just on the road trip to GA since Tuesday, not home until Monday night. Hope everyone is well.
    Lee-Ann