Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Got about all of the next 'lesson' listened to...one more half hour vid, and then a quiz, and the next and LAST session, in which the lessons/vids are much shorter. Less than half hour total.

About those keys...I am terribly guilty of stacking things up and moving them later...and the keys ended up in the garage in one of those stacks..they got covered over. and yesterday I went out to dig thru the garbage, and decided to bring that 'pile' of stuff back into the house...and out fell the keys. Yes, there is a small entry area that is a pass thru for both the front door, and the door to the garage...I have a small table there, that has 3 little drawers....the drawer most central, is the left drawer, and that is where the keys are SUPPOSED to be. And the other day, when they weren't there, I knew there would be 'trouble'.
    But, was glad to have them back in my hands, and yes they went straight into the drawer! Today the TILE comes, so I suspect it will involve some computer work, as well as attaching to the key ring. :)
    Heading to the grocery in just a few...Will do Publix first, as its closest, and I need a couple of the items for my lunch...and then a walk thru at Kroger this afternoon, for some Pepper Popped Corn...from there 'health food' area...also looking to see if I find long dated tofu products, and Sunshine brand, Frozen Falafel Patties. They make a good 'in a hurry' burger!
    It just occurred to me as I typed that, that now everything is a burger...not much is ever called a patty anymore....hmmmm...media hype? or am I missing something?

Have a good day Roger, and LeeAnn should be home today probably busier than a 'one armed paper hanger in a hurricane'! If you've ever hung wallpaper you will instantly recognize the level of activity!!! LOL!!!
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,446 Member
    Options
    Howdy again, y'all. It's nearly bedtime here in Peachtree Corners. I had a pretty good, but long, day. Got all my tagging done this morning at work, didn't murder any customers or employees, (or employers for that matter...), got home and put a rolled pork roast on to "fast" slow cook in my largest Crock Pot, on high, for 5 hours or so. It came out tender and delicious, with some garlic mashed potatoes (made way too many, J will be having potato pancakes for a few days...) steamed broccoli, and opened a bottle of Vinho Verde from Portugal.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Supposed to get to 90 today with 50% chance of showers.

I've had some leftover pork roast for breakfast, and Lilo has been fed.

Off to the rat mines!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning...
    Ed said it....hot and thundershowers.
    Need to make a return in another area NE of me by about 10 miles....and then go to Whole Foods (no, I still haven't gotten there)..its NW by about 10 miles! So, running the roads today. and hopefully a trip to the gym. Some cooking to do. Thinking I'll make a quinoa pilaf, haven't had quinoa for awhile....I got really tired of it some time ago. So, time for round two!!!

Never got back to my studies yesterday, so it would be nice if I did a little of that. :)

Hope everyone has a good day!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    7100 steps and 1 Cent while walking. I stopped at the Grocery Store on the inbound leg of my walk and picked up a head of Lettuce, 2 Green Pears, and 4 Semi-ripe Bananas since I ate my last one before I walked. I looked for greenish ones as they ripen fast at this time of year and the riper looking one will be fine tomorrow morning. I was able to pick and choose for color and size as there was a selection of loose bananas laying among the bagged ones :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello!
    Got about all of the next 'lesson' listened to...one more half hour vid, and then a quiz, and the next and LAST session, in which the lessons/vids are much shorter. Less than half hour total.

About those keys...I am terribly guilty of stacking things up and moving them later...and the keys ended up in the garage in one of those stacks..they got covered over. and yesterday I went out to dig thru the garbage, and decided to bring that 'pile' of stuff back into the house...and out fell the keys. Yes, there is a small entry area that is a pass thru for both the front door, and the door to the garage...I have a small table there, that has 3 little drawers....the drawer most central, is the left drawer, and that is where the keys are SUPPOSED to be. And the other day, when they weren't there, I knew there would be 'trouble'.
    But, was glad to have them back in my hands, and yes they went straight into the drawer! Today the TILE comes, so I suspect it will involve some computer work, as well as attaching to the key ring. :)
    Heading to the grocery in just a few...Will do Publix first, as its closest, and I need a couple of the items for my lunch...and then a walk thru at Kroger this afternoon, for some Pepper Popped Corn...from there 'health food' area...also looking to see if I find long dated tofu products, and Sunshine brand, Frozen Falafel Patties. They make a good 'in a hurry' burger!
    It just occurred to me as I typed that, that now everything is a burger...not much is ever called a patty anymore....hmmmm...media hype? or am I missing something?

Have a good day Roger, and LeeAnn should be home today probably busier than a 'one armed paper hanger in a hurricane'! If you've ever hung wallpaper you will instantly recognize the level of activity!!! LOL!!!

Hi Valerie
    I think now days about all I see called is patty are Jamaican Patty or Jamaican Patties. They even had an episode of something called Undercover Boss featuring the Golden Crust Jamaican patty company. I had never heard of thme until the description in the Guide Data for my Satellite TV service.

At least You found them. Sometimes I misplace something for years. Usually something I put where it can't get lost :)
    Good Morning...
    Ed said it....hot and thundershowers.
    Need to make a return in another area NE of me by about 10 miles....and then go to Whole Foods (no, I still haven't gotten there)..its NW by about 10 miles! So, running the roads today. and hopefully a trip to the gym. Some cooking to do. Thinking I'll make a quinoa pilaf, haven't had quinoa for awhile....I got really tired of it some time ago. So, time for round two!!!

Never got back to my studies yesterday, so it would be nice if I did a little of that. :)

Hope everyone has a good day!

Later...

Hi Again
    This morning was cooler and much more comfortable than yesterday while walking. I actually have a Bag of Quinoa in the cupboard that my brother picked up for me since he thought I might use it. I may just Vacuum seal it to make it sturdier and donate it or maybe I'll try it, I haven't decided.

FWIW I look for the longest date on anything I buy. usually I see several dates for many of the more perishable products such as Dairy and Bread.

Have fun running all over
    Roger
    Howdy again, y'all. It's nearly bedtime here in Peachtree Corners. I had a pretty good, but long, day. Got all my tagging done this morning at work, didn't murder any customers or employees, (or employers for that matter...), got home and put a rolled pork roast on to "fast" slow cook in my largest Crock Pot, on high, for 5 hours or so. It came out tender and delicious, with some garlic mashed potatoes (made way too many, J will be having potato pancakes for a few days...) steamed broccoli, and opened a bottle of Vinho Verde from Portugal.
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Supposed to get to 90 today with 50% chance of showers.

I've had some leftover pork roast for breakfast, and Lilo has been fed.

Off to the rat mines!
    Hi Ed
    On the good side of things you have plenty of tasty leftovers :)

Today is cooler than the day before and it was in the 60s when I went out this morning. It is only supposed to be in the 70s for a high. That is much more seasonal than the weather we have been having lately

Have a Good Day Working
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Once Again
    Our local News12 Cable news channel has something they call "Three Things to Know"
    One of todays was this one from Georgia
    http://atlanta.metrobugle.com/2016/06/01/police-drunk-driver-crashes-car-vertically-up-pole-8/
    News WSB
    Police: Drunk driver crashes car vertically up pole
    by Staff • June 1, 2016
    By Tony Thomas

Police say a 21-year-old woman was drunk when got her car stuck up a pole in Gwinnett County Wednesday morning.

The crash happened at Old Norcross and Ingram roads around 9 a.m.

Police say Pauline Bonneau failed to navigate the curve and went up the telephone pole. The car ended up nearly vertical to the road.
    Picture in the link below
    — Tony Thomas (@TonyThomasWSB) June 1, 2016

“She was coming pretty fast,” said Anay Rodriguez, who saw the crash happen. “I just saw her run because she thought the car was going to explode because the car was leaking. She looked pale…
    Full Article here
    http://www.wsbradio.com/feed/news/local/police-drunk-driver-crashes-car-vertically-up-pole/fCNKf5/

Wonders to himself if they saw it in Atlanta too.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

I didn't see anything about that car, but then I was at work and don't watch TV news later anyway. Sometimes it is turned on in the break room at work, and then I might see something. Usually they have "Hot Bench" turned on in there when I'm in there around 12:30.

Well, Lilo has been fed, and I'm about to be fed. Then off to the salt races!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I haven't headed out yet for my walk, It is drizzling outside and appears from the weather report that it should be out of here on a while. Front porch in the mid 60s so that will be OK today.

Have a Good Friday & enjoy the upcoming Weekend
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

I didn't see anything about that car, but then I was at work and don't watch TV news later anyway. Sometimes it is turned on in the break room at work, and then I might see something. Usually they have "Hot Bench" turned on in there when I'm in there around 12:30.

Well, Lilo has been fed, and I'm about to be fed. Then off to the salt races!
    Hi Ed
    It is a not so fabulous looking Friday here. I tend to get disgusted with the news, There is so much repetition and misspellings and some of the banter between the so-called newscasters is inane and calling it that is being polite.

BTW, What is Hot bench, is it what turned up via a Google search, a panel based judge show?

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    FZ9i3D.jpg
    Did You notice the Markings on that Computer, talk about old :)

cK0g6X.gif
    So True :)

SMfh0S.gif
    Impressive Camouflage :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning...TGIF!!
    I saw the story on local news at noon. On WSB. :) Took talent?! (and a bit of alcohol!)
    Thats about 10 miles from where I am Roger.

I've been up for hours...just finished breakfast cereal. Up an hour late, was surprised around 8:30 by Antonio...he came with the chimney cap before starting his 'real' job... :)

Looking forward to my lunch today with Marietta, and then I may very well have a nice nap. There's a soccer game on TV, Fox sport, I believe, and Univision. I can live stream Univision, and watching a soccer game on Univision is exciting! Don't know very much about the game, and little to nothing about speaking/listening to Spanish....but it is Excitement! I discovered this a few years ago at the gym while watching a soccer game! I was watching ESPN or something, and it was so boring...so for no good reason I switched to Univision, and you would not know it was the same game! So, I watch soccer in Spanish!!! :) Playing in CA, so game time is also my bed time...hence the need for a nap!

I had a wonderful half inch of rain yesterday. It came 'up a storm', as they say...and it was lightening, thunder, wind, and pouring blowing rain!! Lasted for about half an hour.
    Got my errands run yesterday, and found an area that I didn't know existed, with some stores I love to shop....hmmm. Its about 8 miles from here, but nice to see these stores all grouped in the same area. Save a lot of running here and there!

I think my dongle is broken...this is the second one, which tells you how long I've had this Fitbit! Last time I ordered an new one, but I think I won't this time. Because it connects wirelessly to my iPad, and IPhone, and since those devices all speak with my computer....I really don't NEED the Dongle, AND since Apple thinks I and the rest of the Mac world only need 2 USB ports....I can free up a port!!!!! Now, that's a plus!!

Gotta scram.. Have a great day. Sunny, and soon to be hot here...its summer ya'll!!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Valerie
    I did get out the door around 8:30AM and the first half of the walk went OK, then it started drizzling a little bit harder so I pulled the umbrella out of my pocket and used it for 15 or 20 minutes until i reached the bank to do my banking. When I left the bank the rain had stopped again and has not really started up again. The streets started drying and stayed that way. Tomorrow should be a nice day and then rain in the forecast for Sunday, I do not recall when and TBH they will probably adjust the forecast into Saturday evening anyway.

IMO Apple thinks they know what the entire word needs. Even this cheap little computer has four USB ports. And at that I am using a USB hub to turn one into four.

If it is only the dongle and not the USB port or the Fitbit. I wonder why the dongles do not hold up for You.

It seems some days that we get more news from anywhere else except this metro area :(

I posted it just in case and as a funny thing showing what we see here.

I used to see Thunderstorms like that most days of the summer when I drove for a living. First the wind would pick up followed by the Rain.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I have Been out walking, 7200 steps. It is 70 degrees out at 8:40AM and must be humid as I was starting to sweat on the inbound leg. I have thrown the Free Dunkin Donut that came with my coffee in the freezer, Later That Glazed Donut will join the free French Cruller from the other day in a Vacuum sealed bag once it has frozen so as to not get crushed for later consumption either by me or friends. The AC units are already running on all the floors, The Living room was up to 75 and the second floor was up to 80 according to my Brother, There goes the electric Bill :(

Something is in the air that I seem to be allergic to, I suspect it is that plant that is in bloom right now and giving putting a sweet smell in the air.

Have a Great Saturday, Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Been up since about 7:00, if you don't count D's alarm across the hall waking me multiple times between 5 and 6...I've told him and told him he needs to GET THE **** UP when it goes off the first time, because one of these days....HULK SMASH!

Anyway, I've been distracted by feeding Lilo (who ignored her food, waiting to see what I was having), feeding myself (Lilo was happy to help clean up cheese crumbs) with toast and cheese, and preparing for the end of the world, which, if you didn't know it, is now supposed to be this weekend, as in happening right now! Seems off to a dismal start, if you ask me. I decided to set up my bill payments anyway, just in case...after all, if it ends, it won't matter whether they're set up or not, as I won't need the money, will I?

We're supposed to go to a Ren Faire with a friend today. The process of getting J out of bed has begun...(this can take hours) but we were planning to leave about 10:00, which I doubt will happen. I need to pack up some snacks and bottled water, as there will be a lot of walking involved and passing out from dehydration and/or low blood sugar would not be good.

I also need to be sure to get my safari hat out of the closet. And stop at an ATM to get some cash for lunch, since I gave most of my ready cash to the delivery boy who brought Indian food last night.

No salt races today, but plenty of exercise instead!

• parityanimal
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    BTW, What is Hot bench, is it what turned up via a Google search, a panel based judge show?

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger

Yes, that is what Hot Bench is. Some of the cases, as expected, are downright ludicrous...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I haven't been up for 'quite awhile', maybe an hour or so! I watched the USA - Columbia Americas Soccer Tourney. It was today when I crawled (pretty much truth) into bed. Haven''t been up past midnight in a LONG while! (we were beaten by Columbia) There are 2 more first round games that USA plays in, and they start a little earlier.... Will we get to Level II, I seriously doubt it. The South American teams are pretty much all very good soccer teams.

Have fun at the Renaissance Fair today Ed. Its going to be hot, but last night they were saying 'only' upper 80's... topped out mid 90's yesterday....summer won!!! Spring is a memory.

Roger, what is the ideal summer temp at your house?? Summer temp at my house is 78 - 80!
    I just don't like cold! 75 would be 'ok' if I was running the sweeper, or mopping the foyer, etc., but for general stuff or sitting, 75 would require a sweater! LOL!!!! And this is why I suffer during the winter, and dress up like its the Yukon, in the house even!! :)

Going to throw on some clothes and get two more bales of pine straw, spread them and head indoors. House work happens here during the heat of the day!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Been up since about 7:00, if you don't count D's alarm across the hall waking me multiple times between 5 and 6...I've told him and told him he needs to GET THE **** UP when it goes off the first time, because one of these days....HULK SMASH!

Anyway, I've been distracted by feeding Lilo (who ignored her food, waiting to see what I was having), feeding myself (Lilo was happy to help clean up cheese crumbs) with toast and cheese, and preparing for the end of the world, which, if you didn't know it, is now supposed to be this weekend, as in happening right now! Seems off to a dismal start, if you ask me. I decided to set up my bill payments anyway, just in case...after all, if it ends, it won't matter whether they're set up or not, as I won't need the money, will I?

We're supposed to go to a Ren Faire with a friend today. The process of getting J out of bed has begun...(this can take hours) but we were planning to leave about 10:00, which I doubt will happen. I need to pack up some snacks and bottled water, as there will be a lot of walking involved and passing out from dehydration and/or low blood sugar would not be good.

I also need to be sure to get my safari hat out of the closet. And stop at an ATM to get some cash for lunch, since I gave most of my ready cash to the delivery boy who brought Indian food last night.

No salt races today, but plenty of exercise instead!
    Hi Ed
    If the world does end will it matter either way if the bill payments are set up or not :)

A Renaissance Fair sounds like fun even if a bit of walking is involved.

I hope You have/had fun
    RogerToo wrote: »

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger

Yes, that is what Hot Bench is. Some of the cases, as expected, are downright ludicrous...

Hi Again
    Having seen a Judge Judy show I am not surprised that the cases would be ludicrous, I'm sure they are cherry picked for that attribute.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Good Morning!
    I haven't been up for 'quite awhile', maybe an hour or so! I watched the USA - Columbia Americas Soccer Tourney. It was today when I crawled (pretty much truth) into bed. Haven''t been up past midnight in a LONG while! (we were beaten by Columbia) There are 2 more first round games that USA plays in, and they start a little earlier.... Will we get to Level II, I seriously doubt it. The South American teams are pretty much all very good soccer teams.

Have fun at the Renaissance Fair today Ed. Its going to be hot, but last night they were saying 'only' upper 80's... topped out mid 90's yesterday....summer won!!! Spring is a memory.

Roger, what is the ideal summer temp at your house?? Summer temp at my house is 78 - 80!
    I just don't like cold! 75 would be 'ok' if I was running the sweeper, or mopping the foyer, etc., but for general stuff or sitting, 75 would require a sweater! LOL!!!! And this is why I suffer during the winter, and dress up like its the Yukon, in the house even!! :)

Going to throw on some clothes and get two more bales of pine straw, spread them and head indoors. House work happens here during the heat of the day!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I am fine at 78 however My Brother would be complaining about the heat. He likes it cool so I set the AC at 74 or 75. Not to mention that today 75 feels cold where some days 74 feels too warm. Is it tied to the Humidity or what, I'm not sure.

I hope You had a good day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking starting at 7:30 until 9AM 7900 steps so far, More later when I go to the Supermarket. The Sky is covered with a heavy layer of clouds with heavy rain and some stormy winds for later today. I did take the folding Umbrella along in my pocket, just in case, fortunately I did not need it :)

Breakfast shortly, a Frozen NS Cinnamon Roll and a NS Chocolate Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door it was 178 grams in weight before peeling it. Monday I will most likely make a local Grocery Store Run for Bananas and other fruit unless the ShopRite has nice green Bananas as I still have one more left for tomorrow before I go walking and two days worth of Apples and Navel Oranges.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Been up since about 8:00, though I did get up for a moment at 4 to walk off a severe leg cramp, no doubt from all the walking and sweating yesterday. I may need to get out and get some Powerade Zero in a bit. I've been distracted by feeding Lilo, feeding me, getting laundry started and maybe just a teensy bit by the internet. We had a good time at the Renaissance fair yesterday, and I brought home some cinnamon almonds. Too much sugar to have very many at once, but a very tasty treat, and one I almost always bring home from that fair. $10 for a "large" bag that really isn't all that large, but it's a once a year treat so I don't mind the expense.

One thing I like about the Renaissance fair is that I am walking around a LOT, and so I get to snack my way through the afternoon, along with sipping and quaffing copious amounts of water and a little tea. I had a small spinach pie, with a cheese and spinach filling, quite tasty. One small piece of chocolate covered bacon. For my main sweet treat though, some key lime pie on a stick, and then finished off with some smoked sausage for protein cap toward the end. I have no doubt I walked most of that off. We stopped at Moe's for dinner on the way home and I capped the day with some dry French red wine.

Well, time to move the first load from the washing machine to the dryer.

Later gators!