Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,597 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Wednesday we ended up opening on time as the computer upgrades had to be delayed, due to a faulty cable. They are running a new cable and the upgrades are re-scheduled for next Thursday night. We'll see how that goes. A Wednesday morning would have been a better morning for me to be opening late, and I suspect more customers will be impacted by a Friday late opening, but nothing I can do about that.

I believe onions may emit the same gas as apples, as I've read you shouldn't store apples and onions together or they will cause each other to go to overdone and rotting quickly.

Off to the rat mines!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Friday!! Yea!
    Ed you're absolutely right, apple and onion both emit ethylene gas and that hastens the ripening of bananas and several other fruits. The puzzle is, I had neither in the near area, or actually even in the kitchen! Hmmmm.
    Today would be a great day for watermelon...I may have to pick up a quarter or half melon today.
    Gym in on the agenda, and not much else. :)

I found a wonderful, simple, a release U-Tube for this psoas muscle that seems to be giving me issues. It was the first that popped up...followed by several that were way more aggressive, etc. Til I know what I'm doing, (run it by my chiro) I'll do the easy one!

Cats fed, and I'm debating what I might want for breakfast.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I stopped at the Grocery store while walking + 7700 steps, While there I picked up 4 different types of apples, 4 Navel oranges and a Banana for tomorrow as the green ones are taking their sweet time turning yellow. With my luck they will go yellow today into tomorrow morning :)

The weather is slightly warmer than yesterday and was great walking weather, Spotty showers in the forecast for Saturday later in the day.

Today's Breakfast, The Banana I ate before I went walking, Cereal with 4 ounces of 1% milk and sweetener 160 calories and a NS Coffee Protein Shake.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hey! I'm back.
    Good day...fun lunch with family, made it to the gym, trash at the street, and I'm eating my dinner. Dishwasher still needs to be emptied. Maybe if I leave them overnight the 'dishwasher good fairy' will come do that for me! If not, I will do it as I drink my coffee in the morning! :)

So, I'd like to know why my bananas went from grass green to yellow overnight. On the counter, not near apples, onions, there was a nearby sweet potato and a baking potato. I will be making banana something.... :) (there are 6 of them!)

See you in the morning....and good walk Roger! 8,000 is where I got off the bike at the gym.

I guess I'll be voting for Hilary. Bernie called it quits tonite...and POTUS has endorsed her. Glad to see there is a united force. It had better pay off!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I had missed Bernie calling it quits.
    Good Question as to why they went ripe so quickly. You could store them in the refrigerator as that helps keep them stable, I just pull them out a while ahead of when I go to eat them as I do not like cold banana :)
    Good Morning! Friday!! Yea!
    Ed you're absolutely right, apple and onion both emit ethylene gas and that hastens the ripening of bananas and several other fruits. The puzzle is, I had neither in the near area, or actually even in the kitchen! Hmmmm.
    Today would be a great day for watermelon...I may have to pick up a quarter or half melon today.
    Gym in on the agenda, and not much else. :)

I found a wonderful, simple, a release U-Tube for this psoas muscle that seems to be giving me issues. It was the first that popped up...followed by several that were way more aggressive, etc. Til I know what I'm doing, (run it by my chiro) I'll do the easy one!

Cats fed, and I'm debating what I might want for breakfast.

Later...

Better safe than sorry, I would also try the Easy method first.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Wednesday we ended up opening on time as the computer upgrades had to be delayed, due to a faulty cable. They are running a new cable and the upgrades are re-scheduled for next Thursday night. We'll see how that goes. A Wednesday morning would have been a better morning for me to be opening late, and I suspect more customers will be impacted by a Friday late opening, but nothing I can do about that.

I believe onions may emit the same gas as apples, as I've read you shouldn't store apples and onions together or they will cause each other to go to overdone and rotting quickly.

Off to the rat mines!
    Hi Ed
    Hopefully the intended upgrade goes smoothly. I remember a Doctors office where they did a software upgrade on their server and killed it. Talk about panic time for them.

That could be why they used to ripen so fast when I kept them on the counter before, that big bowl is where my brother stores Onions, Peppers & Potatoes. I now keep them On the Dining Room Table.

I keep my Apples in the refrigerator as I like my apples crisp and cold.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger because your brother bakes a bit...and Ed..don't know if you use flour at your house. I don't but thought of you both...though I don't think we have these stores here in GA, after the discussion on how to say Acme, Roger might.
    Link: http://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/food/10-million-pounds-of-flour-recalled-after-e-coli-outbreak

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it...forgot to mention that My Country Tis of Thee and God save the Queen are pretty much alike musically :) Nice quiz Roger!

Have done my floor exercises for my back and knees..then went out and pulled some weeds, deadheaded some marigolds, etc. I think now I need to stretch my back again! :(

Heading for the kitchen...its lunch time!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy again y'all. It's still fabulous Friday, but after my after dinner nap.

I buy flour once every year or two, and keep it in the freezer until it's used up. Don't have any of the brands listed.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Been up for maybe ... 45 minutes. Lilo and I have been fed and I've adjusted next week's CSA box order.

Now, of course, I'm getting distracted by the internet. We have orchid judging this afternoon. High is supposed to be 95! Argh!

And I was wanting to roast some root vegetables for dinner...I might do that anyway, despite the heat.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning! It's Saturday!
    Going to see the grands for a few minutes today, hope to cut the grass before I go, wanting a second cup of coffee(?) Fitbit charged...computer backup happening as I type.
    Watching another neighbor in out cul-de-sac lay down some sod...If this works I'll be AMAZED. He let it sit on his front yard for a day or two on the pallet....and it is totally BROWN. I guess if its some hardy stuff the roots 'may' still be alive....just shaking my head. Not how I was taught to do it! Wonder how many times I've done stuff in my yard and made my neighbors shake their heads....guessing many times!!!! LOL!

Ed, if you roast those veggies you are braver than me.....Summer at my house and the oven is shut down til fall. I just can't find it in my penny pinching self to run the AC and the OVEN. Too much like a consumption challenge! :)

Roger, you'd hate our weather this weekend....humid 90+ predicted, no rain, and over night lows (which happen about 7-ish a.m.) upper 60's. In other words HOT. It will get worse. About the middle of August I find myself longing for the day the overnight temps are anything but 70+. So, right now its a beautiful 64 degrees, so says the weather thingy in Duluth...my system went down, and needs new batteries. Both units. Which means I have to reset them, and that never works well. I get as far as the 'time' feature, and can't get the correct numbers to correspond to the time zone, and after about 5 minutes of frustration I give up! So for the past year or so, my time has been soooo off, that it was funny! Maybe Hawaii? I dunno, just very wrong! :)

Ok, off to the coffee pot!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was cool when I started out walking + 7900 Steps and 1 Cent. On the inbound leg around 6200 steps I started feeling warm so I pulled off the thin long sleeve shirt and put it in my pocket for the remainder of the walk.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Howdy again y'all. It's still fabulous Friday, but after my after dinner nap.

I buy flour once every year or two, and keep it in the freezer until it's used up. Don't have any of the brands listed.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Been up for maybe ... 45 minutes. Lilo and I have been fed and I've adjusted next week's CSA box order.

Now, of course, I'm getting distracted by the internet. We have orchid judging this afternoon. High is supposed to be 95! Argh!

And I was wanting to roast some root vegetables for dinner...I might do that anyway, despite the heat.

Hi Ed
    We don't keep flour in the freezer, The One in the Refrigerator is always kept full and the basement one would not work for the simple reason My brother only shops from what he sees or does not see in the cupboards.

Ick! 95 already in Your forecast. I am not happy that today is for the 80s :)

My Brother uses the oven Year Round and we end up paying for it with a higher electricity bill as it is a Electric Oven and then in the summer as the AC unit works harder to get rid of the heat.

Enjoy You Days off
    Roger
    Roger because your brother bakes a bit...and Ed..don't know if you use flour at your house. I don't but thought of you both...though I don't think we have these stores here in GA, after the discussion on how to say Acme, Roger might.
    Link: http://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/food/10-million-pounds-of-flour-recalled-after-e-coli-outbreak

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it...forgot to mention that My Country Tis of Thee and God save the Queen are pretty much alike musically :) Nice quiz Roger!

Have done my floor exercises for my back and knees..then went out and pulled some weeds, deadheaded some marigolds, etc. I think now I need to stretch my back again! :(

Heading for the kitchen...its lunch time!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    My Brother only shops at the Produce store and the ShopRite Grocery Store. However I am going to forward that information to him anyway just in case

I'm glad You enjoyed the musical bits
    We weeded the other day.
    Good Morning! It's Saturday!
    Going to see the grands for a few minutes today, hope to cut the grass before I go, wanting a second cup of coffee(?) Fitbit charged...computer backup happening as I type.
    Watching another neighbor in out cul-de-sac lay down some sod...If this works I'll be AMAZED. He let it sit on his front yard for a day or two on the pallet....and it is totally BROWN. I guess if its some hardy stuff the roots 'may' still be alive....just shaking my head. Not how I was taught to do it! Wonder how many times I've done stuff in my yard and made my neighbors shake their heads....guessing many times!!!! LOL!

Ed, if you roast those veggies you are braver than me.....Summer at my house and the oven is shut down til fall. I just can't find it in my penny pinching self to run the AC and the OVEN. Too much like a consumption challenge! :)

Roger, you'd hate our weather this weekend....humid 90+ predicted, no rain, and over night lows (which happen about 7-ish a.m.) upper 60's. In other words HOT. It will get worse. About the middle of August I find myself longing for the day the overnight temps are anything but 70+. So, right now its a beautiful 64 degrees, so says the weather thingy in Duluth...my system went down, and needs new batteries. Both units. Which means I have to reset them, and that never works well. I get as far as the 'time' feature, and can't get the correct numbers to correspond to the time zone, and after about 5 minutes of frustration I give up! So for the past year or so, my time has been soooo off, that it was funny! Maybe Hawaii? I dunno, just very wrong! :)

Ok, off to the coffee pot!

Later...
    As I understand it Sod should not be left standing around as it bakes itself to death, not to mention the drying out. I guess Your neighbor might get lucky.

Our overnight low was in the 50s for the last couple of days.

Hopefully You keep more than one backup and rotate them.

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Back again...
    In today's mail, from Forks over Knives. Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream! Using guess what? Banana's, (3 frozen) Cherries (1 cup), Vanilla and a couple T's of Almond Milk = what Looks Like a delicious dessert! :)

forksoverknives.com/recipes/cherry-soft-serve-ice-cream

Best yet, I have everything except the chocolate chips...what I do have is Non-dairy, Vegan Chocolate chunks! Should work just as well!!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Valerie
    Good Luck with that Dessert, I just looked at the Dessert, I wonder how well it refrigerates. Do You plan to make the entire recipe or cut it to 1/4 or 1/2 ?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It stayed warm overnight, it was 79.9 degrees at 2AM and it was still 76 degrees and humid at 6:20 when I went out the door. The only thing that helped was staying on the shady side of the road and a intermittent breeze. 7500 steps and one Penny.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! I've been up for a while. Busy feeding Lilo, feeding me, unblocking the garbage disposal and removing something that was messing with it (haven't figured out just WHAT it was, but I haven't (deliberately) put anything but vegetable matter in there. Whatever it was seemed like some kind of hard fibrous thing...maybe some really overgrown bit of rutabaga...anyway, that part is in the trash and the disposal is running quietly again, and draining well.

Last night I did go with the roasted root vegetables, even though that meant keeping the big oven on for a little over an hour at 450 degrees. I used a huge rutabaga, a small turnip, a pound of purple potatoes, several small red bell peppers, half a pound of carrots, a large yellow onion, about a tablespoon and a half Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy blend, about a tablespoon of hot Hungarian paprika, and some Himalayan pink salt, all shook together in a two gallon baggie with some olive oil, then baked in a 9x13 pan for half an hour, stirred, baked for another half an hour, topped with some Mexican style shredded cheese, and a very light sprinkle of Italian bread crumbs and broiled to brown the gratin. (About 2/3 of this dish is in the fridge now for leftovers.)

Along with the roasted vegetable gratin, I made some fiddle head ferns, boiled first for 11 minutes in salted water, then drained and rinsed and sautéed with minced ramps, in ghee, with Himalayan pink salt, and pepper, and for the other side dish, I made creamy fried corn.

J was a little leery of the fiddle heads AND the corn as he wasn't fond of the fried corn his mother used to make, but trusted me that perhaps I could make a better batch. Needless to say, most of the food came from my CSA boxes.

He liked the fiddle heads well enough but thought the texture was a bit odd. And he said my creamy fried corn was OK. His mother never put any milk or cream in at all (I used milk, and a little starch to thicken) and I'm not sure how much salt and/or pepper she used. I made it the way MY mother made it, as best I remember, and wasn't chintzy with the pepper. He ate a second helping of the corn, so I guess it WAS ... OK. :) He also ate a second helping of the roasted vegetable gratin. All the food was on the spicy side, even if only with black pepper, so D fended for himself and didn't want any.

Need to finish up last night's dishes, and ponder laundry. And also ponder what to make with the remaining ramps. Last night was my first time cooking ramps, and I'm wondering if we can survive eating the rest raw in a salad, or if that would make everyone's breath so abominable that we have to isolate ourselves...I'll probably cook them, as J found the texture raw just a bit odd on that as well. They ARE delicious raw but awfully pungent. I gave him a small taste as I was mincing them up for the pan.

Oh, I also had a nice, healthy glass of red wine (Australian Shiraz) as I thought it would go very well with the somewhat spicy food, and it did! Of course now I've got to make more spicy food to have with the rest of the bottle...as it really doesn't go well (at least for me) with a whole lot of foods, and it's not a good "sipping" wine for me either, not that I "sip" all that much anymore. Usually a glass with a meal and that's it. I can have a glass with the leftovers tonight. I just have to come up with some side dishes, as we ate all the fiddle heads and all the corn.

Later, gators!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi
    Came in to cool off. Have been out about 2 hours. Grass mowed, those two herbs from about 5 days ago planted, and a lot of blackberry sprouts, redbud sprouts, etc cut out of my front flower bed. THey're all laying on the driveway...I'll get them as soon as I cool off for a bit.

Ed...just a thought...I've never cooked ramps, I do know what they are. (lived in TN) But, they say soaking onion in milk helps remove some of the heat from the onion?? I dunno, never did that either...but I do wonder if soaking those ramps might take some of the 'aroma' out of them. I'd for sure throw that milk away, if I did that!!!
    Not wild about fiddle heads, and where did you find them this time of year? That's an early spring thing!! I gathered them in the woods the spring I lived in Massachusetts.

The humidity has returned, and I never knew 82 degrees could be so wicked. It was mid 70's when I went out at 9 to mow.

Saw a lime green 4 legged snake (lizard) in one of my bushes, and he was just munching away on bugs, aphids I believe. That little guy is welcome any time he wants to be around!!! More than happy to feed him.

Ok, drank most of my glass of tea, and I need to refill the 16 ounce cup that I had outside with lemon water... so, yes, I'm well hydrated.

Roger... the dessert is 'soft serve Ice Cream' so I suspect it would do well in the freezer. I may make it tonite...I think it would just hit the spot after dinner. Looks to only take a minute or 5 to make... Probably take longer to clean the food processor!! :)

Later...

• parityanimal
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The ramps have been available in the weekly CSA box for a few weeks. The fiddleheads were, I'm pretty sure, the last of the season, and the ramps I still have in the fridge are likely the last available too. Ramps don't have to be cooked to be enjoyed, and in fact many people love just munching them whole, raw. I like them that way too, but as they are a bit pricy when purchased they sure don't last long if you are just munching them. Mincing them up into something you cook at least stretches them out a LITTLE bit, more depending on what you make with them.

Mincing them and cooking them reduced the pungency, as expected, and they were delicious with the fiddleheads, ghee, salt and pepper. I have never soaked onions in milk, but then I LIKE the pungency or I wouldn't be eating them anyway. And they all cook up nicely.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Supposed to get to 97 today. Summer is most definitely upon us.

Off to the rat mines!

• RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi
    7500 steps today, so far, I walked to the Post Office on my walk and mailed my brothers stuff. Is it just a local thing that most of the mail drop boxes have disappeared from the area?
    Much cooler today than yesterday for the same time of day, It was even cool by evening yesterday after a cold front went through at some point during the day and the humidity was down nicely as a result too.

Have a Great upcoming Week
    Roger
    Hi
    Came in to cool off. Have been out about 2 hours. Grass mowed, those two herbs from about 5 days ago planted, and a lot of blackberry sprouts, redbud sprouts, etc cut out of my front flower bed. THey're all laying on the driveway...I'll get them as soon as I cool off for a bit.

Ed...just a thought...I've never cooked ramps, I do know what they are. (lived in TN) But, they say soaking onion in milk helps remove some of the heat from the onion?? I dunno, never did that either...but I do wonder if soaking those ramps might take some of the 'aroma' out of them. I'd for sure throw that milk away, if I did that!!!
    Not wild about fiddle heads, and where did you find them this time of year? That's an early spring thing!! I gathered them in the woods the spring I lived in Massachusetts.

The humidity has returned, and I never knew 82 degrees could be so wicked. It was mid 70's when I went out at 9 to mow.

Saw a lime green 4 legged snake (lizard) in one of my bushes, and he was just munching away on bugs, aphids I believe. That little guy is welcome any time he wants to be around!!! More than happy to feed him.

Ok, drank most of my glass of tea, and I need to refill the 16 ounce cup that I had outside with lemon water... so, yes, I'm well hydrated.

Roger... the dessert is 'soft serve Ice Cream' so I suspect it would do well in the freezer. I may make it tonite...I think it would just hit the spot after dinner. Looks to only take a minute or 5 to make... Probably take longer to clean the food processor!! :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I await Your verdict on the "Ice Cream"

I am so happy that the humidity has dropped today from what it was yesterday, even at 6:20AM when I went out the door yesterday it did not take long to start sweating from the humidity.

Green Lizard = natures pest control system :)

I do not think I have ever eaten Ramps, I'm not even sure I have seen them for sale TBH.

Cheers
    Roger
    The ramps have been available in the weekly CSA box for a few weeks. The fiddleheads were, I'm pretty sure, the last of the season, and the ramps I still have in the fridge are likely the last available too. Ramps don't have to be cooked to be enjoyed, and in fact many people love just munching them whole, raw. I like them that way too, but as they are a bit pricy when purchased they sure don't last long if you are just munching them. Mincing them up into something you cook at least stretches them out a LITTLE bit, more depending on what you make with them.

Mincing them and cooking them reduced the pungency, as expected, and they were delicious with the fiddleheads, ghee, salt and pepper. I have never soaked onions in milk, but then I LIKE the pungency or I wouldn't be eating them anyway. And they all cook up nicely.
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Supposed to get to 97 today. Summer is most definitely upon us.

Off to the rat mines!
    Hi Ed
    Since I do not even eat Raw onions I am pretty sure I would not like Raw Ramps.
    I do like Onions when Sauteed or Caramelized or in a Onion Ring however.

Yuck, 97 Degrees, I feel for You hitting that this early in the summer.

Stay Cool
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi!
    Yes, I've been up for hours, and distracted. Cats and I have eaten breakfast, and lunch will be quite late, as was breakfast!! Might be a good day to just stay indoors, but I do need to bike, either here, or there....(gym), and I could make a Walmart run....getting down to that last week of wet cat food, and kitty treats. These two wild cats think they are soooo smart. They no longer 'finish' their wet food, always leaving a couple bites, knowing I will sprinkle cat treats on the dish, and then of course they eat the treats AND the rest of their dinner. I have not really tried to 'train' them to do anything, (except stay off my kitchen counters), they on the other hand seem to have me well trained...right! Yep! LOL!!

Laundry is in the dryer, and my next move it to get down onto the floor and do my knee exercises...and the Psoas release I found on line....it seems to help with the sore small of my back...?? Will be seeing chiro on Thursday, and we gonna talk!!! She'll either approve what I'm doing, or offer me a better exercise. So far, she's never told me I'm nuts!

Ed, I'm with you, never soaked an onion, like the 'bite' which is I think why I've never been a fan of our Vidalia onions.....

Roger, I love a good nicely browned pile of caramelized onions...crispy! So good on most anything, from salad to beans and or rice, and all things veggie!!!

My class in Global Health is over....need to be looking at the offerings for a new class. Its already 89 degrees outside, and so I may as well be inside learning something...right?

Ok, That's about it....I MAY..or not go tie up the zebra grass today. Should have been done 2 weeks ago... Also, time to cut the old blooms off the hydrangeas so I get fall blooms, AND I'm laughing at my gardenia bush....its a prostrate variety, and has never done very well, mostly just gets in my way...so I'd decided that it would be removed one day when I got around to it....and you should see it....blooming like the dickens!!! Don't have the heart to cut it now. LOL...life's tough decisions in the garden!!! :wink:

Ok, black berry pickin' day too....

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Supposed to get to 95 today, with 60% chance of rain. Wheeeeee!

Off to the salt races.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    6900 steps today and 16 cents found in two places. Today is nearly the same as yesterday and it was pleasant walking. Today as was the case Yesterday the Sun felt good when I was in the sunny spots and it was a bit cool in the shady spots with the breeze.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    Hi!
    Yes, I've been up for hours, and distracted. Cats and I have eaten breakfast, and lunch will be quite late, as was breakfast!! Might be a good day to just stay indoors, but I do need to bike, either here, or there....(gym), and I could make a Walmart run....getting down to that last week of wet cat food, and kitty treats. These two wild cats think they are soooo smart. They no longer 'finish' their wet food, always leaving a couple bites, knowing I will sprinkle cat treats on the dish, and then of course they eat the treats AND the rest of their dinner. I have not really tried to 'train' them to do anything, (except stay off my kitchen counters), they on the other hand seem to have me well trained...right! Yep! LOL!!

Laundry is in the dryer, and my next move it to get down onto the floor and do my knee exercises...and the Psoas release I found on line....it seems to help with the sore small of my back...?? Will be seeing chiro on Thursday, and we gonna talk!!! She'll either approve what I'm doing, or offer me a better exercise. So far, she's never told me I'm nuts!

Ed, I'm with you, never soaked an onion, like the 'bite' which is I think why I've never been a fan of our Vidalia onions.....

Roger, I love a good nicely browned pile of caramelized onions...crispy! So good on most anything, from salad to beans and or rice, and all things veggie!!!

My class in Global Health is over....need to be looking at the offerings for a new class. Its already 89 degrees outside, and so I may as well be inside learning something...right?

Ok, That's about it....I MAY..or not go tie up the zebra grass today. Should have been done 2 weeks ago... Also, time to cut the old blooms off the hydrangeas so I get fall blooms, AND I'm laughing at my gardenia bush....its a prostrate variety, and has never done very well, mostly just gets in my way...so I'd decided that it would be removed one day when I got around to it....and you should see it....blooming like the dickens!!! Don't have the heart to cut it now. LOL...life's tough decisions in the garden!!! :wink:

Ok, black berry pickin' day too....

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Nobody ever said cats were dumb.

It sounds if that bush is reading Your mind :)

It sounds as if You are keeping busy

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Supposed to get to 95 today, with 60% chance of rain. Wheeeeee!

Off to the salt races.
    Hi Ed
    Your weather sounds like what I hope not to see this summer.

Stay Cool & Dry
    Roger