Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Hey Roger...
    No, I get Nature's Path Organic Ancient Grains Granola with Almonds. While I can find other granola's and cereals by Nature's Path...I cna't find this particular one except at Costco...yes, I find the bags of mixed frozen veg's interesting...I also find no room in my freezer for those big big bags!! :(
    I also got at the supermarket, a normal size box of plain ole Cheerio's. Hadn't eaten them in years. I love then just as a dry snack. Now, the real truth...when I was a kid, I read somewhere that you could fry Cheerios in butter. And I did, and loved them. (sounds god awful now)...but what struck me when I had that memory recall, was that even as a kid I already was reading recipe's!!! No wonder weight has been an issue for me. Yikes!

Later...

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,647 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Supposed to get to 94 degrees today, but no chance of rain listed.

Yesterday's tagging went pretty smoothly, despite there being a lot of outdoor signage changes.

Off to the salt races!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning! MELTING Thursday!!
    Doesn't have the same 'ring' as Ed's Thrilling Thursday...but 94 degrees is just plain ole HOT! And this is the day I'm meeting my niece and SIL for lunch at an Indian/Mediteranian restaurant, and then play time in a nearby park???? What, Wait!! We have to be NUTS!!!
    But, that's the plan...so .... going with the flow with lots of water in my little red cooler! :)

Blackberries for breakfast on my purchased granola. I should be out picking the next batch right now...they're ready.

Other than that...I've no other planned 'events'. I suspect the heat will totally wear me out, and i"ll be napping late this afternoon.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have backed down the amount of steps today 6600 steps, as I was feeling some pain, Later I will be going to the Acme for some sale items and will be adding to the step count that way.
    It was warmer today when I left for my walk and even warmer on the return leg as I got out the door late. I am waiting to see if the forecast of possible severe weather comes true.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hey Roger...
    No, I get Nature's Path Organic Ancient Grains Granola with Almonds. While I can find other granola's and cereals by Nature's Path...I cna't find this particular one except at Costco...yes, I find the bags of mixed frozen veg's interesting...I also find no room in my freezer for those big big bags!! :(
    I also got at the supermarket, a normal size box of plain ole Cheerio's. Hadn't eaten them in years. I love then just as a dry snack. Now, the real truth...when I was a kid, I read somewhere that you could fry Cheerios in butter. And I did, and loved them. (sounds god awful now)...but what struck me when I had that memory recall, was that even as a kid I already was reading recipe's!!! No wonder weight has been an issue for me. Yikes!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    It seems that suddenly I am seeing Ancient Grains listed on things as if the simple fact that they are old types makes them better :)

I suppose I am lucky that I do have a freezer in the basement that can hold a 28 day of NS foods and a couple of those bags of veges as well as a Bunch of other things. I bring up a several day supply to the kitchen freezer section at a time, For example there is some Holiday leftovers and some of my Brothers baking in it too awaiting distribution to his friends.

Fried Cheerios? Doesn't sound appetizing TBH.

Whole Grain Cheerios is one of the cereals I eat for breakfast in rotation with the other six types such as Raisin Bran and bite sized Shredded Wheat and of course the Granola.
    Good Morning! MELTING Thursday!!
    Doesn't have the same 'ring' as Ed's Thrilling Thursday...but 94 degrees is just plain ole HOT! And this is the day I'm meeting my niece and SIL for lunch at an Indian/Mediteranian restaurant, and then play time in a nearby park???? What, Wait!! We have to be NUTS!!!
    But, that's the plan...so .... going with the flow with lots of water in my little red cooler! :)

Blackberries for breakfast on my purchased granola. I should be out picking the next batch right now...they're ready.

Other than that...I've no other planned 'events'. I suspect the heat will totally wear me out, and i"ll be napping late this afternoon.

Later...

94 degrees, Yuck!

Toss in hot spicy foods that can make You sweat.....
    Your Raspberries are ahead of ours here, They are still small and green.

Enjoy Your Outing
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Supposed to get to 94 degrees today, but no chance of rain listed.

Yesterday's tagging went pretty smoothly, despite there being a lot of outdoor signage changes.
    Hi Ed
    Do us up here in NJ and please keep that heat down there :)

I am hoping that the sever weather warning in the forecast is wrong.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Day turned out to be nice...lunch was good...the kids well behaved while we ate, and there were shady picnic tables and a nice breeze...not bad at all. Now, home, trash has to go to the street, and then I'll pick those blackberries...(I think that is where the 'melting' will hit! :)

Yeah, Roger I do envy your freezer! Just no place to put one.

And you wrote...It seems that suddenly I am seeing Ancient Grains listed on things as if the simple fact that they are old types makes them better :) In some ways they are better....the old wheat was messed up by humans.. we were really good at selecting out/in various properties and have made it undigestible for a lot of peeps. (like Me). So, those old mostly European strains of grain are at least somewhat better.

Ok, gotta get my old self moving again....

Later...

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Supposed to get to 95 today, 20% chance of rain.

Off to the rat mines!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Friday Morning!
    Got lost in fb and a cup of coffee! Took last trash bag (I recycle grocery store bags for trash bags!)...anyhow, took it out to add to the stuff at the curb..it was just 'comfortable'...neither hot (yet) nor cold. So outdoor stuff that I got done earlier in the week I'm doubly happy about.

Got the berries picked yesterday...jeans and long shirt in 90+ temps is....... yep, real hot! Picked about a cup....and I think that may well be the end of it. There are still a few red ones, but they're small..and unless we get some kind of rain, they'll stay small, and not really worth getting scratched up over.

Lunch today with my buddy Marietta. She's back from vacation with her family in Texas. I'm sure there will be stories. :)

That is about it for me. A few normal chores maybe later. Right now enjoying a lazy morning.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking early for a partial walk, came home for an hour+ then walked to the doctors office for my Physical 9700 steps + one thin dime I found on my block at the start of the walk.
    It was a little warmer today when I left for my walk and even warmer on the return leg ans still warmer for the second walk.

I did not get to the Acme yesterday, when I looked at the flyer I realized I had it wrong, the sale starts Today :) Yesterdays Rain even was a light drizzle that did not wet the street under the trees in the morning and a slight bit more in the afternoon. So I ended up watering today.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Day turned out to be nice...lunch was good...the kids well behaved while we ate, and there were shady picnic tables and a nice breeze...not bad at all. Now, home, trash has to go to the street, and then I'll pick those blackberries...(I think that is where the 'melting' will hit! :)

Yeah, Roger I do envy your freezer! Just no place to put one.

And you wrote...It seems that suddenly I am seeing Ancient Grains listed on things as if the simple fact that they are old types makes them better :) In some ways they are better....the old wheat was messed up by humans.. we were really good at selecting out/in various properties and have made it undigestible for a lot of peeps. (like Me). So, those old mostly European strains of grain are at least somewhat better.

Ok, gotta get my old self moving again....

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    OK, I do see the attraction for some in the Ancient Grains :)

It is good to hear You had a great day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Supposed to get to 95 today, 20% chance of rain.
    HI Ed
    I am not so sure I would call it fabulous Friday with a forecast of 95 and a chance of rain :smile:

Have a Good Day at work
    Roger
    Good Friday Morning!
    Got lost in fb and a cup of coffee! Took last trash bag (I recycle grocery store bags for trash bags!)...anyhow, took it out to add to the stuff at the curb..it was just 'comfortable'...neither hot (yet) nor cold. So outdoor stuff that I got done earlier in the week I'm doubly happy about.

Got the berries picked yesterday...jeans and long shirt in 90+ temps is....... yep, real hot! Picked about a cup....and I think that may well be the end of it. There are still a few red ones, but they're small..and unless we get some kind of rain, they'll stay small, and not really worth getting scratched up over.

Lunch today with my buddy Marietta. She's back from vacation with her family in Texas. I'm sure there will be stories. :)

That is about it for me. A few normal chores maybe later. Right now enjoying a lazy morning.

Later...
    Hi Again
    We ask for Paper in Plastic at the Grocery Store. We use them and then they end up in a bigger garbage bag to finish filling it and if any full ones are left over that do not fit then they go on top of the Garbage bag. I keep one by my chair and one by the bed as a ersatz small garbage can which I do not have and one as a liner in the can by the upstairs computer. Does that make me cheap or only frugal?

I must be lazy too, I would only pick the ones I can reach scratch free in shorts and short sleeves. The same with the Wild Raspberries. This Years Blackberry plant seems to be the thorn free variety :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    This week's CSA box arrived this afternoon. I got some figs and some fresh black eyed peas in this one. I haven't cooked fresh black eyed peas in ages!

I have some "seasoning cubes" of pork thawing now...will probably rinse them off tomorrow morning and slow cook them all day with the pork, then maybe make a small cornbread and ... DINNER!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational steamy Saturday! It's supposed to hit 97 today, with 20% chance of rain.

I've got my black eyed peas and smoked pork going in my medium sized Crock Pot. Around lunchtime I'll probably whip up some quick cornbread to serve it over, and lunch should be delicious.

I've got most of the dishes done, and will start laundry shortly.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked a while today 6700 steps + 1 Cent :) I stopped at the Grocery store and bought 4 Bananas and three Tangerines as the Bananas were just starting to show a little color. They should be fine by Tomorrow or Monday. The Weather was at 65 degrees this morning when I started out and warmed up fairly quickly with the Suns heat from a cloudless sky. The next two days should be great for people that have the weekend off.

11 days til my next NS order closes, I'll have to finalize it before then, I have been putting that off until I get closer to the closing date for it. Still need to finish applying NS Gift cards to it so it is completely paid for.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    This week's CSA box arrived this afternoon. I got some figs and some fresh black eyed peas in this one. I haven't cooked fresh black eyed peas in ages!

I have some "seasoning cubes" of pork thawing now...will probably rinse them off tomorrow morning and slow cook them all day with the pork, then maybe make a small cornbread and ... DINNER!

Hi Ed
    I do not recall ever seeing fresh Black Eyed Peas :)
    Your Planned Saturday meal sounds delicious too. Fresh Figs, Yum Yum.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational steamy Saturday! It's supposed to hit 97 today, with 20% chance of rain.

I've got my black eyed peas and smoked pork going in my medium sized Crock Pot. Around lunchtime I'll probably whip up some quick cornbread to serve it over, and lunch should be delicious.

I've got most of the dishes done, and will start laundry shortly.
    Is this normal weather for Ga. for this time of year?

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning...(she finally rolled in here!)
    I had a 'stack' of email last night when I got home from Marietta's...we had a fun day...the lunch place was a 'do not return, ever', but we did eat, and I even had 2 left over Falafels and half a pita to bring home. Ed will love this....I ordered the falafel plate..got 4 really nice big falafels, and a short half cup of diced tomato, lettuce, onion (no noticeable dressing)....and styrofoam cup of hummus. NO Pita, NO veg's to dip...????? what the heck??? So Marietta got up and went to ask, and ended up buying a Pita for $1.25! What the heck was I supposed to do with that hummus? Anyhow, her gyro looked pretty good, and it came with French Fries!?!??...so...if you're ever in Tucker GA, do not eat @ Medina's! It also bills itself as Indian/Mediteranian Restaurant...beware!!!!

Then we ran some errands, mostly for the dog :), and ended our afternoon at about 6pm with manicures! It was a fun/errand kinda day..but we got 'all talked out' (that will never happen), She'd been home in Texas, and learned her Mom also has Alz. I really feel badly for her about that. Her In-laws here with no one to take responsibility for them (meaning her 2 kids have distanced themselves to 'occasional' babysitters) and now to learn the same is happening to her own Mom....Like I said, I really feel badly for her. She's really having a tough life right now. That said, we talked about a lot of fun things as well. :)

I made a fun and easy Aloo Gobi 2 days ago, and its been dinner entree for two days, and there is still a lot of it to eat. I'll give it one more go night, and then I'm gonna waste food. Its good, not THAT good that I want it 4 day straight. (Roger, its and Indian dish of Cauliflower and Potato in a tomato-y curry sauce..is good) Mine is of course sans ghee or cream. I can see Ed shaking his head!!! LOL!!. After you don't eat those things for quite awhile, they really don't taste good, and have nasty mouth feel and smell! Really.....

Today is mine...I am going to make a grocery run for watermelon quarter and some white grape sparkling water. Its my night treat. Lemon water all day, and/or some Zinger Red Tea, and then cap it off with the sweet bubbly. :) Simple pleasures :)

I have corn on the cob, squash, escarole, peppers, etc in the refrigerator so I'm good for veg's.
    Also a ton of salad stuff. I will not starve between now and Wednesday for sure!! :)

97 is predicted, and I don't doubt we'll get there...starting at 75 this morning around 7:30. It is in my opinion a 'bit' early for those temps...normal is more upper 80's...but there's a high sitting over us, that is keeping out cold ? fronts and RAIN...very dry here. So any rain would be appreciated and would help cool us off...yes, we'll be steamy, but that's ok. Today I will water, as our rain chances aren't that great and things are looking quite droopy. :(

Later...

• parityanimal
    Options
    Good Morning...(she finally rolled in here!)
    I had a 'stack' of email last night when I got home from Marietta's...we had a fun day...the lunch place was a 'do not return, ever', but we did eat, and I even had 2 left over Falafels and half a pita to bring home. Ed will love this....I ordered the falafel plate..got 4 really nice big falafels, and a short half cup of diced tomato, lettuce, onion (no noticeable dressing)....and styrofoam cup of hummus. NO Pita, NO veg's to dip...????? what the heck??? So Marietta got up and went to ask, and ended up buying a Pita for $1.25! What the heck was I supposed to do with that hummus? Anyhow, her gyro looked pretty good, and it came with French Fries!?!??...so...if you're ever in Tucker GA, do not eat @ Medina's! It also bills itself as Indian/Mediteranian Restaurant...beware!!!!

I made a fun and easy Aloo Gobi 2 days ago, and its been dinner entree for two days, and there is still a lot of it to eat. I'll give it one more go night, and then I'm gonna waste food. Its good, not THAT good that I want it 4 day straight. (Roger, its and Indian dish of Cauliflower and Potato in a tomato-y curry sauce..is good) Mine is of course sans ghee or cream. I can see Ed shaking his head!!! LOL!!. After you don't eat those things for quite awhile, they really don't taste good, and have nasty mouth feel and smell! Really.....

You're supposed to put the hummus on the falafels, I think. along with the other stuff. Personally I prefer tzatziki sauce for my falafels but have had them with hummus as the "dressing" as well. It's all good...

We occasionally make a fairly easy Aloo Gobi too, as that's one of J's favorite Indian dishes. Needless to say, with two of us eating it, we're lucky if we get two meals each out of it, much less four!

My lunch today was the black eyed pea "soup" over fried hot water cornbread. Plenty of soup left too, and I made it meaty so there would be plenty of protein and some fat to offset the carbs in the cornbread. I made it JUST spicy enough, and it came out really well. I'm glad I traded corn and celery for black eyed peas this week! I pondered the peas once before but decided not, so this time I though, WHY NOT? After all, I do like black eyed peas...

Anyway, second load of laundry is in the dryer and I'm waiting on a crate of wine that's supposed to be delivered today. I'm not turning into a wino, REALLY! I just like a glass of wine with dinner most nights... :pensive:

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Oh lordy Ed...hummus is garbanzo beans...and falafel is a hand full or two of parsley and yeah, garbanzo beans!!! I liked Tzatziki before, (before dairy free), I'd have been happy with just some tahini sauce...or plain is great, but give me that pita! LOL!!!

Black eyed peas over cornbread would be great! Good trade for the corn and celery!

And the recipe for Aloo Gobi made 6 servings, so there was a lot of it, and only one of me!! :)

I'm finishing my late lunch, and then its nap time...USA plays Columbia tonite at 8p. Last time Columbia beat us 4-1...so its pay back night, right? I sure hope so.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    My hot water cornbread is vegan!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Pool party this afternoon if I go. I think I will. Maybe I can nap a little on the way there and back. I got a pretty decent night's sleep last night until Lilo started getting impatient at nearly 6:00...so I finished off my black eyed pea soup for breakfast.

Got all the laundry done yesterday, to free up today so I CAN go to the pool party if desired. I'll make up my mind for sure later.

Now I'll have some nice black tea...

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Vegan Hot Water CornBread??? Did I hear somebody calling my name????? Ed, I would very much appreciate it you'd share that recipe gem!!! I love cornbread. WF does make a vegan cornbread, but its not always available...and I'd much rather make my own...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today 5600 steps as I was having some bad pains on outbound leg so I shortened the inbound leg + 2 Cents. One in the same block I live on and one after picking up my Coffee. One the way in 2 blocks from home a Deer ran across the street.

When I went to the NS site to apply a Gift card I saw that Dinner was short two pieces, Looking I see that They seem to have reformulated one of the frozen Pizzas.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger