Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Its HOT she said mostly to Roger, as Ed is here and already knows its hot! Hit 100 yesterday. I have the water 'waver' going. Everything is parched. Its 73 or 74 here now, and everything still is wilted..not good.

Today is for certain going to be an indoor day. I did venture out yesterday for a quick run to the nearest grocery...I badly wanted watermelon! Brought it home, peeled it, sliced it into chunks, and it was delicious! Ate a good bit of the quarter melon I bought while watching the soccer game last night. (1-0 Columbia) and then I spent a good part of my night blindly heading for the bathroom. Teach me to eat that much liquid at bed time! BUT, it was so worth it!! LOL!

That crazy mosquito stuff I whipped up in the kitchen? Its weird. I sprayed it, and my yard smelled wonderfully minty for the day. Next day I went out, and if I was outside the garden I was attacked...once I stepped into the sprayed area, (maybe 2 feet distance) the mosquito's buzzed around my legs, but nothing landed. I think the mint confuses them?? That they can't smell the carbon dioxide I give off??? And of course now its so dry that I can't tell if its still working or not. Funny stuff. I had to buy a 6 pack of the cheap beer, and I'd have to pick up the cheap blue mouthwash, but I may very well make a second batch. And spray the moss lawn that joins the previously sprayed area. I was afraid to spray it initially....was afraid it might kill my moss. So, I only sprayed a little patch of the moss and it seems to have not hurt it.

Other than that folks, 'I know nothing'!!! :) Who said that? wasn't Col. Klink...or was it?

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi
    Hopefully these will give You a laugh :)

cRm9oO.jpg

EK5wXQ.jpg
    Good Morning...(she finally rolled in here!)
    I had a 'stack' of email last night when I got home from Marietta's...we had a fun day...the lunch place was a 'do not return, ever', but we did eat, and I even had 2 left over Falafels and half a pita to bring home. Ed will love this....I ordered the falafel plate..got 4 really nice big falafels, and a short half cup of diced tomato, lettuce, onion (no noticeable dressing)....and styrofoam cup of hummus. NO Pita, NO veg's to dip...????? what the heck??? So Marietta got up and went to ask, and ended up buying a Pita for $1.25! What the heck was I supposed to do with that hummus? Anyhow, her gyro looked pretty good, and it came with French Fries!?!??...so...if you're ever in Tucker GA, do not eat @ Medina's! It also bills itself as Indian/Mediteranian Restaurant...beware!!!!

Then we ran some errands, mostly for the dog :), and ended our afternoon at about 6pm with manicures! It was a fun/errand kinda day..but we got 'all talked out' (that will never happen), She'd been home in Texas, and learned her Mom also has Alz. I really feel badly for her about that. Her In-laws here with no one to take responsibility for them (meaning her 2 kids have distanced themselves to 'occasional' babysitters) and now to learn the same is happening to her own Mom....Like I said, I really feel badly for her. She's really having a tough life right now. That said, we talked about a lot of fun things as well. :)

I made a fun and easy Aloo Gobi 2 days ago, and its been dinner entree for two days, and there is still a lot of it to eat. I'll give it one more go night, and then I'm gonna waste food. Its good, not THAT good that I want it 4 day straight. (Roger, its and Indian dish of Cauliflower and Potato in a tomato-y curry sauce..is good) Mine is of course sans ghee or cream. I can see Ed shaking his head!!! LOL!!. After you don't eat those things for quite awhile, they really don't taste good, and have nasty mouth feel and smell! Really.....

Today is mine...I am going to make a grocery run for watermelon quarter and some white grape sparkling water. Its my night treat. Lemon water all day, and/or some Zinger Red Tea, and then cap it off with the sweet bubbly. :) Simple pleasures :)

I have corn on the cob, squash, escarole, peppers, etc in the refrigerator so I'm good for veg's.
    Also a ton of salad stuff. I will not starve between now and Wednesday for sure!! :)

97 is predicted, and I don't doubt we'll get there...starting at 75 this morning around 7:30. It is in my opinion a 'bit' early for those temps...normal is more upper 80's...but there's a high sitting over us, that is keeping out cold ? fronts and RAIN...very dry here. So any rain would be appreciated and would help cool us off...yes, we'll be steamy, but that's ok. Today I will water, as our rain chances aren't that great and things are looking quite droopy. :(

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Thanks for describing the food, I was wondering when I saw the name.
    As for the eatery? What the heck kind of place does that? I wonder if they have been in business for a long time. Maybe it the same effect as has happened with what we call Chinese food which has been heavily americanized.

I'm sorry to hear about Your friends problems. We were lucky that way that the one person that did need help had someone willing to do it.

I wondered if those temperatures were higher than normal.
    Oh lordy Ed...hummus is garbanzo beans...and falafel is a hand full or two of parsley and yeah, garbanzo beans!!! I liked Tzatziki before, (before dairy free), I'd have been happy with just some tahini sauce...or plain is great, but give me that pita! LOL!!!

Black eyed peas over cornbread would be great! Good trade for the corn and celery!

And the recipe for Aloo Gobi made 6 servings, so there was a lot of it, and only one of me!! :)

I'm finishing my late lunch, and then its nap time...USA plays Columbia tonite at 8p. Last time Columbia beat us 4-1...so its pay back night, right? I sure hope so.

Later...

Is that Aloo Gobi something that can not be frozen? We have had good luck freezing many leftovers and some that were made ahead to be frozen. The one less than successful food strangely enough that did not freeze well was Mashed Potatoes. Cheesecake, Stuffing AKA Dressing and all the rest of the Thanksgiving foods froze nicely.

It is rare for food that we paid for to be wasted in this house so it has to be spectacularly bad for that to happen. It has happened once in a blue moon however.
    Vegan Hot Water CornBread??? Did I hear somebody calling my name????? Ed, I would very much appreciate it you'd share that recipe gem!!! I love cornbread. WF does make a vegan cornbread, but its not always available...and I'd much rather make my own...

Not really making Cornbread I did not realize until I looked up the recipe that is has eggs and milk and butter in it.
    Its HOT she said mostly to Roger, as Ed is here and already knows its hot! Hit 100 yesterday. I have the water 'waver' going. Everything is parched. Its 73 or 74 here now, and everything still is wilted..not good.

Today is for certain going to be an indoor day. I did venture out yesterday for a quick run to the nearest grocery...I badly wanted watermelon! Brought it home, peeled it, sliced it into chunks, and it was delicious! Ate a good bit of the quarter melon I bought while watching the soccer game last night. (1-0 Columbia) and then I spent a good part of my night blindly heading for the bathroom. Teach me to eat that much liquid at bed time! BUT, it was so worth it!! LOL!

That crazy mosquito stuff I whipped up in the kitchen? Its weird. I sprayed it, and my yard smelled wonderfully minty for the day. Next day I went out, and if I was outside the garden I was attacked...once I stepped into the sprayed area, (maybe 2 feet distance) the mosquito's buzzed around my legs, but nothing landed. I think the mint confuses them?? That they can't smell the carbon dioxide I give off??? And of course now its so dry that I can't tell if its still working or not. Funny stuff. I had to buy a 6 pack of the cheap beer, and I'd have to pick up the cheap blue mouthwash, but I may very well make a second batch. And spray the moss lawn that joins the previously sprayed area. I was afraid to spray it initially....was afraid it might kill my moss. So, I only sprayed a little patch of the moss and it seems to have not hurt it.

Other than that folks, 'I know nothing'!!! :) Who said that? wasn't Col. Klink...or was it?

Later...

I think it was Sargent Schultz that used to say that. Here is a three second clip.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

100 degrees, I would not leave the house either :)

I believe that the Lettuce I eat with my Dinner also has the same watery effect :)

Parched and wilted is not good. I wonder what affect the Bad weather across the south and Midwest will have on food prices later this year?

On the good side the Mosquito stuff You whipped up should be a lot safer than the commercial products for long term use.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    My hot water cornbread is vegan!
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Pool party this afternoon if I go. I think I will. Maybe I can nap a little on the way there and back. I got a pretty decent night's sleep last night until Lilo started getting impatient at nearly 6:00...so I finished off my black eyed pea soup for breakfast.

Got all the laundry done yesterday, to free up today so I CAN go to the pool party if desired. I'll make up my mind for sure later.

Now I'll have some nice black tea...
    Hi Ed
    I see that Valerie is interested in the Vegan Cornbread :) How did it taste? I suspect it could a lot cheaper to make too.

Enjoy the Pool Party
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,674 Member
    Options
    Update: Looks like I'm going to the pool party as I just popped a largish pan of home made not TOO spicy, slightly sweet, barbecued, vegan baked beans into the oven. I know, it's going to be too darn hot later to use the oven, but we'll be on our way by then and it will be turned off. I've only got it at 300 anyway.

Vegan Hot Water CornBread??? Did I hear somebody calling my name????? Ed, I would very much appreciate it you'd share that recipe gem!!! I love cornbread. WF does make a vegan cornbread, but its not always available...and I'd much rather make my own...

Later...

Two ingredients. TWO INGREDIENTS. Three, if you count the cooking oil...

Be heating 1/4 inch of oil in a small to medium frying pan, medium high.

Half a cup of self rising corn meal. Not corn meal MIX, but self rising corn meal. No flour. OK, I'll admit there is more than one ingredient IN this self rising cornmeal, but in your cupboard it is one ingredient. :)

Half a cup to 3/4 cup BOILING WATER. I tend to need the full 3/4 cup and maybe even a bit more.

Stir the boiling water into the corn meal. It should make a very stiff, smooth batter, almost a dough. If necessary, add a bit more water or cornmeal to adjust the thickness. Stir until smooth and then let stand while the oil heats up.

Drop the batter into the oil with a large spoon, flattening each spoonful slightly with the spoon. Fry until golden brown on the bottom, flip and fry until golden brown on the other side. Drain on paper towels.

Serve hot, warm, or even cool. Goes very well with beans and greens.

:)

Sgt. Schultz knew nothing. (Well, Klink new nothing either, but he never admitted it. LOL.)

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Critters from the back yard, we put in a trail cam to see what is digging under our shed, this is all we caught so far :)

WLBzyK.jpg

p2LNC1.jpg
    Update: Looks like I'm going to the pool party as I just popped a largish pan of home made not TOO spicy, slightly sweet, barbecued, vegan baked beans into the oven. I know, it's going to be too darn hot later to use the oven, but we'll be on our way by then and it will be turned off. I've only got it at 300 anyway.

Later...

Two ingredients. TWO INGREDIENTS. Three, if you count the cooking oil...

Be heating 1/4 inch of oil in a small to medium frying pan, medium high.

Half a cup of self rising corn meal. Not corn meal MIX, but self rising corn meal. No flour. OK, I'll admit there is more than one ingredient IN this self rising cornmeal, but in your cupboard it is one ingredient. :)

Half a cup to 3/4 cup BOILING WATER. I tend to need the full 3/4 cup and maybe even a bit more.

Stir the boiling water into the corn meal. It should make a very stiff, smooth batter, almost a dough. If necessary, add a bit more water or cornmeal to adjust the thickness. Stir until smooth and then let stand while the oil heats up.

Drop the batter into the oil with a large spoon, flattening each spoonful slightly with the spoon. Fry until golden brown on the bottom, flip and fry until golden brown on the other side. Drain on paper towels.

Serve hot, warm, or even cool. Goes very well with beans and greens.

Sgt. Schultz knew nothing. (Well, Klink new nothing either, but he never admitted it. LOL.)

Hi Ed
    Have a Good Day on Your outing.
    I think eve I could handle that recipe :)

Stay Cool
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. The pool party is over. J was handling the receiving and noting who all attended, and didn't really eat anything at the party. I DID make sure he got a bottle or two of water because it was HOT out there.

I think about 30 to 40 people showed up. My largish dish of baked beans was the ONLY dish of baked beans. There were 3 potato salads, one slaw, three pasta salads, and a lot of fruit, cake and cookies. And someone brought multigrain tortilla chips and mango salsa.

There was no chance of bringing ANY baked beans back home. They were all consumed. I got several compliments on them and at least one comment to make a bigger one the next time! I used 4 cans of beans to make that one, and it disappeared like magic. I did get some and have to say, it WAS quite tasty. :)

Came home and made J some quick vegan chili spaghetti which he promptly de-veganized by dumping a pile of cheddar cheese on top of. I didn't really have any supper as I pigged out on protein at the party...no buns, but let's just say I ate enough burgers and hot dogs for both of us and then some...

Going to bed now. Got to get up early for work tomorrow.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Supposed to be hot and sticky today with n 80% chance of rain. At least the hot part has come down some, only the low 90s.

Off to the rat mines!

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I only did 4100 steps today + 2 cents due to Pain and allergies. The weather itself was nice and cool on the outbound and it was already warming up heading back. Tomorrows weather report forecast is for rain showers.

Tomorrow might be a run around day, I have several stops to do, Renew the Car registration, X-Rays and Acme to look at the nutrition on some frozen items on sale.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. The pool party is over. J was handling the receiving and noting who all attended, and didn't really eat anything at the party. I DID make sure he got a bottle or two of water because it was HOT out there.

I think about 30 to 40 people showed up. My largish dish of baked beans was the ONLY dish of baked beans. There were 3 potato salads, one slaw, three pasta salads, and a lot of fruit, cake and cookies. And someone brought multigrain tortilla chips and mango salsa.

There was no chance of bringing ANY baked beans back home. They were all consumed. I got several compliments on them and at least one comment to make a bigger one the next time! I used 4 cans of beans to make that one, and it disappeared like magic. I did get some and have to say, it WAS quite tasty. :)

Came home and made J some quick vegan chili spaghetti which he promptly de-veganized by dumping a pile of cheddar cheese on top of. I didn't really have any supper as I pigged out on protein at the party...no buns, but let's just say I ate enough burgers and hot dogs for both of us and then some...

Going to bed now. Got to get up early for work tomorrow.

Hi Ed
    I am not surprised that there was three Potato Salad and Pasta Salads. They are easy to do and do not heat things up like Baked Beans. Baked beans take a lot more work depending on how they are made. My Brother uses Dried beans cooked on the stove, Large chunks of thick cut bacon, and much more, then they go in the bean pot and oven to finish.

If anybody is interested I can get the recipe from him to post, Other people seem to like his baked beans too.
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Supposed to be hot and sticky today with n 80% chance of rain. At least the hot part has come down some, only the low 90s.

The low 90s sounds more then hot enough to me, without tossing in a chance of rain :)

Stay Dry & Cool
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    If I t ype fast I can still say 'Good Morning"!! Howdy!!!
    Spent the morning doing some research, paying bills online, and yes, I got caught by fb. Also I got up later (hour and half later) than usual.

But, cats fed, me fed, and all signed up for a new class! This one is Vital Signs and Understanding what they mean. Its gonna be a tougher class than I anticipated, and will start with relearning/reviewing the physiology of the heart/cardiovascular system. From the Univ. of PA, and it says 3-5 hours a week...and seeing the first module, I Believe It!!! YIKES!
    Have downloaded and printed the quiz questions from all six mods. This may take an act of God! :)

Now, Ed, your beans obviously were delicious, as they all were eaten, and the request was for a larger amount next time!! Fantastic. (J dumped cheese on this vegan food? Silly goof!!!) LOL!
    Roger, I'd not be able to eat your brothers baked beans, (you lost me at big chunks of ham) but it sounds like how my Mom used to make them, so I know they're good! :)

That said...you posted "I only did 4100 steps today + 2 cents due to Pain and allergies" I'm concerned about 2 things....the pain...same as yesterday? You gotta rest it buddy!!! Is that what the x-rays are about?? (I hope)...also hope there isn't any damage. The second...scratch that word 'only'. I only did, I only lost, I only.... you're 4000 ahead of the game for the day, I learned to not say I only walked, or I only exercised, etc. Take credit for what you DID do! :)
    When I was quite new at the gym, and before I was hired there, I was working the weight machines one day, and this much younger, more muscled fellow was behind me, I felt like I was holding him up, and offered to let him go ahead of me so that he didn't have to adjust the machines or wait. What he said still resonates in my brain. "No ma'am", he said "you are doing just great because you're here working out and not at home sitting on the couch eating bon-bons like so many are"!!!! So far today my Fitbit registers 650 steps. (told you I'd been on this computer all morning)...so your 4100 steps is WAY more than mine, so far..... :)
    Soon as I hit post I'm closing this thing down, and hitting the floor to do my knee and Psoas exercises, do a few reps with the weights, and then get active!!

I've promised myself that today is the day I 'Reboot' my dieting schedule, and put into play all the tools I have at my disposal, etc. Movement included. Though I suspect it will be a front room recumbent bike divided into several smaller chunks of time. I can't stay on that bike long term...boring!!!!

Watched the Copa Americas Soccer Final last night. Chile won!!! they were tied 0-0 after regulation play, went to overtime, still tied, and then did shoot out. Chile won! Argentina was in a state of disbelief and shock I think. Argentina is good, and their striker Messi is best in the world (I believe they said), anyhow...Chile still won! (and I went to bed happy! and Late!)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Only supposed to be 89 degrees today, with 50% chance of scattered showers. Yesterday's 80% never showed up. It was partly cloudy, mostly sunny all day, at least while I was awake.

We could have used a few more drops too. There was only a very brief shower Sunday evening. Oh well, we'll get what we get.

Roger, if your brother cooks like me he doesn't really follow a recipe and just wings it, but if he actually does have a recipe let's take a look. Val can always just OMIT the bacon and get vegetarian beans if it calls for "pork" and beans which always had a teensy blob of pork fat in it when I was growing up. You had to really look for it or you wouldn't see it.

Off to the salt races!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Got here a little earlier than yesterday...
    By all means, do post your Bro's recipe Roger....I have been reading recipe's and doing mental subs now for over 5 years, and I'm pretty darn good at it!!! I can even do some cheese subs, but not all. (and I've never found a fake 'cheeze' that I can stand to eat) But cashew cheese sauces I've got that!

Ed, I'm so sorry I didn't share...I took my kitchen trash out to the rolly after getting off the dratted bike last night, and I was more than pleasantly surprised to see a puddle in the driveway, and ¾ inch of rain in the gauge!!! Hopefully you'll get your fair share of the 50% today.

No real 'plans' for this day...cleaning out anything that needs to be eaten/tossed from the refrigerator, as tomorrow is shopping day. I may do a load of dark clothes, as I still have an over abundance of them, compared to the light/white stuff.

I had a head of escarole that I picked up last week at Kroger, and this morning it, and some fake chicken strips became breakfast! And there's enough escarole to have tomorrow at lunch with some cannellini beans! Classic!!!

Roger, how's your foot? I so hope nothing that a good rest, and maybe an ace bandage or a new pair of walkers won't cure. Thinking of you! Sending best vibes I can find. :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did 6400 steps today so far + 1 cent and I picked up 2 Bananas on my walk, allergies are really bothering today when outside. The weather itself was OK outbound and it drizzled on me twice when leaving the X-Rays office and Acme.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
    If I type fast I can still say 'Good Morning"!! Howdy!!!
    Spent the morning doing some research, paying bills online, and yes, I got caught by fb. Also I got up later (hour and half later) than usual.

But, cats fed, me fed, and all signed up for a new class! This one is Vital Signs and Understanding what they mean. Its gonna be a tougher class than I anticipated, and will start with relearning/reviewing the physiology of the heart/cardiovascular system. From the Univ. of PA, and it says 3-5 hours a week...and seeing the first module, I Believe It!!! YIKES!
    Have downloaded and printed the quiz questions from all six mods. This may take an act of God! :)

Now, Ed, your beans obviously were delicious, as they all were eaten, and the request was for a larger amount next time!! Fantastic. (J dumped cheese on this vegan food? Silly goof!!!) LOL!
    Roger, I'd not be able to eat your brothers baked beans, (you lost me at big chunks of ham) but it sounds like how my Mom used to make them, so I know they're good! :)

That said...you posted "I only did 4100 steps today + 2 cents due to Pain and allergies" I'm concerned about 2 things....the pain...same as yesterday? You gotta rest it buddy!!! Is that what the x-rays are about?? (I hope)...also hope there isn't any damage. The second...scratch that word 'only'. I only did, I only lost, I only.... you're 4000 ahead of the game for the day, I learned to not say I only walked, or I only exercised, etc. Take credit for what you DID do! :)
    When I was quite new at the gym, and before I was hired there, I was working the weight machines one day, and this much younger, more muscled fellow was behind me, I felt like I was holding him up, and offered to let him go ahead of me so that he didn't have to adjust the machines or wait. What he said still resonates in my brain. "No ma'am", he said "you are doing just great because you're here working out and not at home sitting on the couch eating bon-bons like so many are"!!!! So far today my Fitbit registers 650 steps. (told you I'd been on this computer all morning)...so your 4100 steps is WAY more than mine, so far..... :)
    Soon as I hit post I'm closing this thing down, and hitting the floor to do my knee and Psoas exercises, do a few reps with the weights, and then get active!!

I've promised myself that today is the day I 'Reboot' my dieting schedule, and put into play all the tools I have at my disposal, etc. Movement included. Though I suspect it will be a front room recumbent bike divided into several smaller chunks of time. I can't stay on that bike long term...boring!!!!

Watched the Copa Americas Soccer Final last night. Chile won!!! they were tied 0-0 after regulation play, went to overtime, still tied, and then did shoot out. Chile won! Argentina was in a state of disbelief and shock I think. Argentina is good, and their striker Messi is best in the world (I believe they said), anyhow...Chile still won! (and I went to bed happy! and Late!)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I did not think You would eat those Baked Beans :) Usually my Brother uses thick cut Bacon he picks up out in the Pennsylvania Dutch area, probably 1/4 inch thick or thicker.

Late To bed late to rise :)

You do offer good advice regarding my saying only, OTOH I feel bad that I had been going further in the past and expected to at least hold that distance or increase it.

The X-Rays are the first step in finding the source of the pain. I suspect at this point it ir more about ruling out possibilities.

Congratulation regarding the .5 pound loss
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Only supposed to be 89 degrees today, with 50% chance of scattered showers. Yesterday's 80% never showed up. It was partly cloudy, mostly sunny all day, at least while I was awake.

We could have used a few more drops too. There was only a very brief shower Sunday evening. Oh well, we'll get what we get.

Roger, if your brother cooks like me he doesn't really follow a recipe and just wings it, but if he actually does have a recipe let's take a look. Val can always just OMIT the bacon and get vegetarian beans if it calls for "pork" and beans which always had a teensy blob of pork fat in it when I was growing up. You had to really look for it or you wouldn't see it.

Hi Ed
    We had rain last night in the evening and it appears that more fell in the overnight hours and then I got lightly rained on when leaving two of today's three stops. I combined all my running around for one loop around today, even the optional stops. The DMV registration renewal did not have to be done before the end of next month and the sale prices at the Acme are good through Thursday. While there I picked up some Lean Pockets for lunches, Lean Cuisines for Dinner and a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce for $1. Then I made a extra unplanned stop at the Dollar store for a $1quart bottle of UHT Milk for the shelf as I have almost finished the open one and put the back up quart in yesterday.

I hope I can get it used before it expires on May 27, 2017 :) They usually have 1%, 2% and Whole milk and $1 a quart is a decent price IMO.

We seem to have had enough rain that the watering can be put of another day or two.

Yup, The Campbells Pork and Beans always had the chunk of Pork Fat in it when I was growing up.

I'll have to get the recipe from my brother when he returns from the Grocery Store. He can take over an hour just roaming the aisles. I go in with a paper list or a mental list and blitz through as fast as I can OTOH.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hey Roger!
    Glad you're getting a start on figuring out your pain. I've had foot pain before, and it is not in any way fun. Just getting around the house or work was hurtful. Good luck, and I hope they can I.D. the issue quickly.

I may have just heard thunder. I so hope Ed gets some rain today. Last night the weather morons said we are 5 inches short as of the first of JUNE..and June's almost over with very little wet to show for it....bad way to go into July and August.

I am your brother's twin! I have to allow an hour for most groceries...because it takes me that long to get thru Publix...then home and put away what has to be stored in the refrigerator. If I was able to get everything I'm done...or its another hour at Kroger, even for a few items, cuz that store is still new enough to me, that I have to look at EVERYTHING to see what they do and don't carry. I will say I've been mighty impressed with their produce. Of course I don't need to look at the meat...and very little in the isles, unless I'm just being nosey...I do spend some time in the frozen fruit, frozen veg. and some of the 'fake meats'...never know what you might find!!! Its a treasure hunt Roger!!!! :):):). You and my buddy Marietta could shop together. :). Makes me crazy!!! :) Example...the lousy Indian/Med. place we went last week, was attached to a small grocery. She got up to refill a drink, and came back saying she 'took a quick look in the grocery side' Not much there..no need to go. Now, the woman does not cook...she for sure wouldn't understand 'foreign' spices, etc. so now, how the heck would she know if they had Za'atar?? a spice I'm looking for???? No need is arguing...I can always either go back, or just get it on Amazon...OR I have a recipe...I could, should I get bored make it myself!! :)

Ok, that is thunder I'm hearing. Unplugged the computer, but need to get my lunch together in case we lose elect. and no Microwave! (gas stove)...

Later...

• parityanimal
    Options
    We got some rain while I was napping, but I don't know how much. J said it rained pretty hard for a short while.

I got up, cleared the sink, and made burgers and baked fries for dinner. My burger was a lamb and cheese burger and J's burger was a Morningstar Farms White Chili Bean burger. He said it was good. It was kind of small, but he didn't complain...I think I should have double pattied him. Oh well.

I also opened a bottle of well rated red Bordeaux, from a half case I ordered not long ago. I'm glad I ordered half a case, as when it's gone, it's GONE. Of course I might still be able to order more of the 2011 vintage before my supplier runs out, and there's always the next year's vintage...which should be released about the time the 2011 runs out, with luck.

The wine went quite nicely with the lamb burger. And there's plenty of wine left in the open bottle, so I can have it again tomorrow. I'll have to pick a food that pairs well with red Bordeaux, but that shouldn't be difficult. :pensive:

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hey Ed,
    The skies talked about rain here, and grumbled and mumbled. Punctuated occasionally with a hearty 'bang'...but not enough rain to totally wet the driveway. So, for all the theater, it was only a grumbly ole dry storm.
    Morning Star Farms, White chili bean burger....from Kroger? Will have to look for that tomorrow. Sounds interesting. And if J said it was good, then its definitely worth a try!!

Enjoy your Bordeaux tomorrow :)

Someday I'll tell you how it went, the first time I served Lamb Burgers at my house. :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday again already! Tag day. Supposed to be 92 for the high today with 0 chance of rain.

Off to the salt races!

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    We had enough rain last night that we will not need to water for a couple of days :) OTOH the humidity was 96% nearby us this morning and many parts of the state started out with visibility under 1 mile. Therefore despite the temperature being in the 60s I worked up a sweat walking 5K steps and some pain and a runny nose from some sort of allergy.

On a different note I was watching a episode of Chopped recently where they mention Ezekiel Bread. From Google: Ezekiel 4:9 products are crafted in the likeness of the Holy Scripture verse Ezekiel 4:9 to ensure unrivaled honest nutrition and pure delicious flavors.
    From Here: http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezekiel-49
    Source of Complete Protein - Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)
    Contains 18 Amino Acids - Including all 9 essential amino acids
    Increased Digestibility - Sprouting breaks down
    starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
    Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
    Increased Vitamin C - Sprouting produces vitamin C.
    Increased Vitamin B - Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6.
    Great source of Fiber - Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving.
    And from Here: https://authoritynutrition.com/ezekiel-bread/
    Why Ezekiel Bread is The Healthiest Bread You Can Eat

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hey Roger!
    Glad you're getting a start on figuring out your pain. I've had foot pain before, and it is not in any way fun. Just getting around the house or work was hurtful. Good luck, and I hope they can I.D. the issue quickly.

I may have just heard thunder. I so hope Ed gets some rain today. Last night the weather morons said we are 5 inches short as of the first of JUNE..and June's almost over with very little wet to show for it....bad way to go into July and August.

I am your brother's twin! I have to allow an hour for most groceries...because it takes me that long to get thru Publix...then home and put away what has to be stored in the refrigerator. If I was able to get everything I'm done...or its another hour at Kroger, even for a few items, cuz that store is still new enough to me, that I have to look at EVERYTHING to see what they do and don't carry. I will say I've been mighty impressed with their produce. Of course I don't need to look at the meat...and very little in the isles, unless I'm just being nosey...I do spend some time in the frozen fruit, frozen veg. and some of the 'fake meats'...never know what you might find!!! Its a treasure hunt Roger!!!! :):):). You and my buddy Marietta could shop together. :). Makes me crazy!!! :) Example...the lousy Indian/Med. place we went last week, was attached to a small grocery. She got up to refill a drink, and came back saying she 'took a quick look in the grocery side' Not much there..no need to go. Now, the woman does not cook...she for sure wouldn't understand 'foreign' spices, etc. so now, how the heck would she know if they had Za'atar?? a spice I'm looking for???? No need is arguing...I can always either go back, or just get it on Amazon...OR I have a recipe...I could, should I get bored make it myself!! :)

Ok, that is thunder I'm hearing. Unplugged the computer, but need to get my lunch together in case we lose elect. and no Microwave! (gas stove)...

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    My Brother learned his lesson about leaving the Computer running in a Thunderstorm the hard way, He was Lucky that All that needed replacing was the Monitor.

Heading into yesterday we around 6+ inches below average rainfall for the year.

Quite often, most of the time TBH my Brother will stop at the produce store on the way back from the Grocery Store :)

Hey Ed,
    The skies talked about rain here, and grumbled and mumbled. Punctuated occasionally with a hearty 'bang'...but not enough rain to totally wet the driveway. So, for all the theater, it was only a grumbly ole dry storm.
    Morning Star Farms, White chili bean burger....from Kroger? Will have to look for that tomorrow. Sounds interesting. And if J said it was good, then its definitely worth a try!!

Enjoy your Bordeaux tomorrow :)

Someday I'll tell you how it went, the first time I served Lamb Burgers at my house. :)

Later...

Hi Again
    We had one fairly loud Thunderclap and lots of lightning flickering in the distance last night. The rain started up with a really light drizzle, stopped for a while and then big drops started hitting the AC and living Room window around 9 and was still coming down lighter when I retired for the evening at 10PM.

No need to water now :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    We got some rain while I was napping, but I don't know how much. J said it rained pretty hard for a short while.

That is my Brother, he covers most every Aisle just in case....

I got up, cleared the sink, and made burgers and baked fries for dinner. My burger was a lamb and cheese burger and J's burger was a Morningstar Farms White Chili Bean burger. He said it was good. It was kind of small, but he didn't complain...I think I should have double pattied him. Oh well.

I also opened a bottle of well rated red Bordeaux, from a half case I ordered not long ago. I'm glad I ordered half a case, as when it's gone, it's GONE. Of course I might still be able to order more of the 2011 vintage before my supplier runs out, and there's always the next year's vintage...which should be released about the time the 2011 runs out, with luck.

The wine went quite nicely with the lamb burger. And there's plenty of wine left in the open bottle, so I can have it again tomorrow. I'll have to pick a food that pairs well with red Bordeaux, but that shouldn't be difficult. :pensive:

Hi Ed
    Hopefully You can get more of the one You have been drinking, There is no guarantee that the next years will be as good, OTOH it could be better, Who Knows until You try it.
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday again already! Tag day. Supposed to be 92 for the high today with 0 chance of rain.
    Hopefully Your weather is better today and You will have a light, easy tag day.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning...Wednesday.
    Always a busy day. Soon to eat my breakfast, then take off for Kroger, home, Publix, home, lunch, and end cap with call from DS1 and dinner. Also, in the meantime, the load of laundry till get moved from the washer to the dryer..and folded..and the dishwasher which just quit cycling will get emptied. I will be exhausted! :)

Roger, glad you got your rain. As long as its not to 'noisy' rain makes for great sleeping! :)

Ed...wonder if this next week, with its % possibility of rain/thunder storms will actually happen? Hopefully at least 'some' will.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! For various reasons, we ended up eating out last night, Vietnamese. Very nice, but too much of it. Tagging wasn't too bad yesterday. Nothing outside.

Supposed to get to around 90 today, 30% chance of rain, and 50% chance tonight.

Off to the rat mines!