Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight featured a nice sirloin steak and also featured a very nice glass of wine, Gnarly Head, Limited Release, Authentic Black, 2013.

J is eating his eggs, fake bacon, and french fries now...
    Hi Ed
    I wish I had a choice yesterday that included a Steak, However as I was not paying for it I should not complain too much. I have heard that a bill of $470 for 30 people is reasonable? That would include the food and some Coffee, Iced Tea and what looked like wine. I thought it was high however my brother said no that is very reasonable.
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! High today is predicted to be 94 with just a small chance of additional rain. Hopefully I can get all my outside stuff done before it gets too warm.

I won the megamillions Tuesday! OK, only $10, but I won. :)
    You did better than I ever did

I think they said today we get to 93 or 94 here in Central NJ as well.

Congratulations on winning
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Weird News from June 29 here in NJ
    A bit of a over reaction IMO.
    From Here
    http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437306/new-jersey-elementary-school-student-brownies
    Mother: My Third-Grade Son Talked about Brownies, and Someone Called the Race Police
    Yes, as in the baked goods.

An elementary school in New Jersey allegedly called the police on a third grader for talking about brownies — yes, as in the baked good — over concerns that the word “brownies” may have been a racial slur.

According to the student’s mother, her nine-year-old son was participating in a conversation about the bakery treat during his end-of-the-year class party at William P. Tatem Elementary School on June 16 when another student remarked that his comment was racist
    More info in the article and here, if Interested.
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/30/elementary-school-calls-cops-on-third-grader-who-made-racist-comment-about-brownies/

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning.
    Just finished breakfast...heading to shower after this. Late lunch with Marietta.
    WOW! I know somebody who won MegaMillions! Hey! $10 bucks is $10 bucks!!! Paid for your ticket and enough left over for a coffee or two! :)
    I watched the weather map, and the good news is that N. Ga got a nice rain...hopefully some runoff, to help replenish water levels in Lake Lanier. (That's ATL's water supply Roger, so its important to us below the lake!) My DS1 and family live at the dam. Oh MY, I said Dam! Please don't call the political correctness cops! I think the thing about the Brownies and calling the police shows a total lack of COMMON SENSE of the school staff. Whatever happened to talking to students. That incident would have made a brilliant teaching moment...and they called the police :( So sad.
    I saw some of this at the gym...the worst part was that these kids, (17-20) year olds were totally freaked out if you said 'whatever' was against their religion. OMG...they'd roll over and allow practically Anything. Again, just freakin sad.
    Roger....30 cents!! Hey, thats a good find!!! Makes for fun walking...its like that box of chocolates...ya never know what you'll get!
    Time's ticking and I'm not getting any cleaner sitting here!! :)

Later...

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,692 Member
    Options
    Depending on context, brownies could be a baked treat, little girls who congregate and sell cookies, elves who do housework...I can't imagine a school trying to be so PC that they would have to engage anyone over a child's discussion of baked goods, just because someone, possibly, overhearing the word "brownie" or "brownies," possibly out of context, seemed to have an issue with it. It's just ridiculous.

Oh well, back to making dinner.

Oh, and I won the powerball too. $21! I'm on a roll...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning.
    Just finished breakfast...heading to shower after this. Late lunch with Marietta.
    WOW! I know somebody who won MegaMillions! Hey! $10 bucks is $10 bucks!!! Paid for your ticket and enough left over for a coffee or two! :)
    I watched the weather map, and the good news is that N. Ga got a nice rain...hopefully some runoff, to help replenish water levels in Lake Lanier. (That's ATL's water supply Roger, so its important to us below the lake!) My DS1 and family live at the dam. Oh MY, I said Dam! Please don't call the political correctness cops! I think the thing about the Brownies and calling the police shows a total lack of COMMON SENSE of the school staff. Whatever happened to talking to students. That incident would have made a brilliant teaching moment...and they called the police :( So sad.
    I saw some of this at the gym...the worst part was that these kids, (17-20) year olds were totally freaked out if you said 'whatever' was against their religion. OMG...they'd roll over and allow practically Anything. Again, just freakin sad.
    Roger....30 cents!! Hey, thats a good find!!! Makes for fun walking...its like that box of chocolates...ya never know what you'll get!
    Time's ticking and I'm not getting any cleaner sitting here!! :)

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I had thought Atlanta was past the drought?

Political Correctness has trumped Common Sense. That Poor Child must have been Traumatized by what happened, for how long who knows and to what extent. I do not hold with frivolous lawsuits, However I do sort of hope the ACLU gets involved with this event. Next they will be renaming them to something other than Brownies :(

I have heard that claiming something works, I never knew anybody that saw it however.

I hope You enjoyed Your Lunch
    Roger
    Depending on context, brownies could be a baked treat, little girls who congregate and sell cookies, elves who do housework...I can't imagine a school trying to be so PC that they would have to engage anyone over a child's discussion of baked goods, just because someone, possibly, overhearing the word "brownie" or "brownies," possibly out of context, seemed to have an issue with it. It's just ridiculous.

Oh well, back to making dinner.

Oh, and I won the powerball too. $21! I'm on a roll...

Hi Ed
    I Just thought I would post that information as I found it disturbing and I was curious if You got that sort of news down in Ga.

I knew all those meanings for the word Brownies, My One Brothers Daughter was one and his wife was a helper with them and they both helped with transport when needed. However the meaning of that word in the context where it was called racist would never ever have occurred to me in my wildest dreams.

The World truly has gone crazy.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I must be drinking VERY RACIST wine tonight...It's Gnarly Head (brand), limited release, AUTHENTIC BLACK...Hope no one finds out about this...Oh and it's very good. Fruit forward with chocolate and berry notes, with a very smooth finish...

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ed, before you drank that racist wine, I hope you had the good sense to close the blinds and lock the door!!! Roger said it right...The World has gone crazy.
    Have had a great day...see you in the morning. I just couldn't wait to see what might have been posted later today....as usual guys, you didn't disappoint!!!
    Sleep tight...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! I'm going to remind every customer today that chocolate could be considered racist and they need to take that into consideration before selecting any candy. I'll let you know how long the lines are at the unemployment bureau Monday...

Off to the salt races!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I had a late start today & 6300 steps + 0 Cents. The weather this morning is warm again, 77 degrees. It was still over 80 degrees at 1:30AM. Very slow cooling off, A slight breeze was blowing, however the sun felt hot on me when I had to walk in it and not the shade.

I did get a few really fresh Raspberries Wednesday & Thursday off of the Plants we planted this spring. There are some more that have not ripened yet.

We expect to be rich tomorrow after tonight's Mega Millions drawing. No money found today so I am due for tonight. I know that since I told the clerk I only wanted winners :)

Good news, I think, I would have been fine or maybe happier if it came next week, OTOH this means I can try the Stuffed Chocolate Pie for my Dessert tonight. The tracking for my order shows
    7/08/2016 - Friday
    7:24 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery CARTERET, NJ

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I must be drinking VERY RACIST wine tonight...It's Gnarly Head (brand), limited release, AUTHENTIC BLACK...Hope no one finds out about this...Oh and it's very good. Fruit forward with chocolate and berry notes, with a very smooth finish...
    Hi Ed
    You best be careful :)
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! I'm going to remind every customer today that chocolate could be considered racist and they need to take that into consideration before selecting any candy. I'll let you know how long the lines are at the unemployment bureau Monday...
    Good One.

I was saddened to hear about Dallas this morning. I was hoping this sort of thing never happened, I am saddened.

Roger
    Ed, before you drank that racist wine, I hope you had the good sense to close the blinds and lock the door!!! Roger said it right...The World has gone crazy.
    Have had a great day...see you in the morning. I just couldn't wait to see what might have been posted later today....as usual guys, you didn't disappoint!!!
    Sleep tight...

Hi Valerie
    If we needed proof of the Craziness Dallas provides it, Deaths at a peaceful protest. Two civilians were also wounded.

I am just sad that this sort of thing has come to pass.

Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    "Item #618594
    $20 manufacturer’s discount is valid 7/7/16 through 7/31/16. While supplies last.
    Online Price $79.99
    Less -$20.00
    Your Price $59.99 Shipping & Handling Included*
    "

Remember Also that You need not be a CostCo member to buy online from them, You just pay a small surcharge.
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Good very late Morning....Friday!
    This morning 'goofing off' is getting serious! Day #3....I don't need a new trend.......
    In all fairness to me I did make a pretty decent batch of Sweet Onion Salad Dressing this morning.
    Ed, I laughed and laughed about the chocolate warning, and the length of the Unemployment Lines....took a few minutes to regain my composure!

Roger, I agree, it is a sad day indeed when Peace Rallys end up with Deaths... though its not something new. Think back to the March at Selma, and some of the other protests/rallys in our history. And in the history of the world...there have been some pretty bloody clashes in this world. So, we're planning to go to Mars....bet we can wreck it too? Yep!

On a happier note.....it is Friday, & Roger's having chocolate desert!!! That pix makes me think of a chocolate croissant, which my sweets lovin younger son introduced me too years ago! YUM. He's also the kid that worked as a baker 25 years ago (+/-), and my overnite shift ended at 7, he got off work at 6, and he worked only blocks from where the Red Cross was, a couple times a month he'd come in bearing still warm from the oven scones and other 'goodies'. Spoiled me he did...and my whole staff, several of whom he'd know for a long time, so we were all spoiled rotten!!

Ok, time to do 'something, anything constructive'...:)
    Have a day of gratitude.....

Later...

I'm sitting here waiting to hear DOJ head...Lynch speak on the Dallas snipper shootings...started at 11:30...well, its now 11:42, and no speaker. What is it with that??? Wonder what is is costing per minute to live stream this nothingness?

• parityanimal
    Options
    Lunch today was Korean tacos and fries. There is a relatively new restaurant in the same shopping center as my Kroger. The restaurant, obscurely named Olee's Kitchen Express, has a nice fusion of food available. They have gyros, Korean tacos, garden salads, fries (or chips/crisps), bulgogi bowls, sandwiches, lettuce wraps, and I think more that I don't remember.

I got two taco meals to bring home, each with fries and drink. Mine was teriyaki chicken and spicy chicken bites, one taco of each. J had teriyaki tofu and spicy tofu bites.

We both liked it, and would be happy to eat from there again.
    TWO THUMBS UP on this place.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good very late Morning....Friday!
    This morning 'goofing off' is getting serious! Day #3....I don't need a new trend.......
    In all fairness to me I did make a pretty decent batch of Sweet Onion Salad Dressing this morning.
    Ed, I laughed and laughed about the chocolate warning, and the length of the Unemployment Lines....took a few minutes to regain my composure!

Roger, I agree, it is a sad day indeed when Peace Rallys end up with Deaths... though its not something new. Think back to the March at Selma, and some of the other protests/rallys in our history. And in the history of the world...there have been some pretty bloody clashes in this world. So, we're planning to go to Mars....bet we can wreck it too? Yep!

On a happier note.....it is Friday, & Roger's having chocolate desert!!! That pix makes me think of a chocolate croissant, which my sweets lovin younger son introduced me too years ago! YUM. He's also the kid that worked as a baker 25 years ago (+/-), and my overnite shift ended at 7, he got off work at 6, and he worked only blocks from where the Red Cross was, a couple times a month he'd come in bearing still warm from the oven scones and other 'goodies'. Spoiled me he did...and my whole staff, several of whom he'd know for a long time, so we were all spoiled rotten!!

Ok, time to do 'something, anything constructive'...:)
    Have a day of gratitude.....

Later...

I'm sitting here waiting to hear DOJ head...Lynch speak on the Dallas snipper shootings...started at 11:30...well, its now 11:42, and no speaker. What is it with that??? Wonder what is is costing per minute to live stream this nothingness?

Hi Valerie
    We saw her speak part way through the Noon news, The noon news was as expected the Shootings :(

Nothing like fresh baked and still warm goodies :)

The world has gone crazy indeed. I can only hope sanity breaks out real soon.

I would say to stay off of the Internet but then we would miss You here.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Lunch today was Korean tacos and fries. There is a relatively new restaurant in the same shopping center as my Kroger. The restaurant, obscurely named Olee's Kitchen Express, has a nice fusion of food available. They have gyros, Korean tacos, garden salads, fries (or chips/crisps), bulgogi bowls, sandwiches, lettuce wraps, and I think more that I don't remember.

I got two taco meals to bring home, each with fries and drink. Mine was teriyaki chicken and spicy chicken bites, one taco of each. J had teriyaki tofu and spicy tofu bites.

We both liked it, and would be happy to eat from there again.
    TWO THUMBS UP on this place.
    Hi Ed
    Korean Tacos, that is a new one to me :)

Teriyaki Chicken does sound delicious however.

Enjoy Your Weekend off
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Again
    I imagine You have seen this one?

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2016-07-08/story/police-gunman-vehicle-shoots-georgia-officer

Gunman in stolen vehicle shoots at north Georgia police officer

By Associated Press Fri, Jul 8, 2016 @ 7:36 am | updated Fri, Jul 8, 2016 @ 4:43 pm

Photos

ATLANTA — A man in a passing vehicle accused of opening fire on a police officer on patrol in Georgia will likely be charged with aggravated assault on the officer, authorities said Friday. A suspect was apprehended after a short car chase and is in custody.

The shooting happened in Roswell, a city just north of Atlanta, early Friday, just hours after a sniper attack killed five police officers in Dallas, and officers were already on edge, Roswell Det. Zachary Frommer said.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    The man should be charged with attempted murder, IMO. By the way, Roswell is one of several cities that intertwine around where I live, and is the city where Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston's daughter lived. She used to buy cigarettes and gas from me at our fuel center. The boundaries are very oddly shaped. I pass through one "leg" of Roswell on my way to and from work in John's Creek, and next on that road is Alpharetta, and then more Roswell, and it's almost impossible to tell where one is when one can walk/drive half a mile and be in a different city and then another half mile in the same direction to be BACK in the city where you started!

Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Hot again today. Been up since shortly before five but distracted by feeding Lilo, feeding me, and reading things on the internet. Orchid judging today, and then a short trip to Braselton where I hope to visit a winery and browse their store.
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options

07/08/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out the door around 6:35AM and 4900 steps. It was much cooler than yesterday which is the good part, The not so good part is that there was a mist to drizzle in the air. having looked at the Morning weather report at 6:20 I knew that could/would happen so I took a folding umbrella along in my Pocket just in case. I did not need it however.

Mini Review on the Stuffed Chocolate Pie
    I had one last night for dessert around 9PM. It was OK, as I suspected once I saw it the pie has the same crust as the Stuffed Apple Pie. That should have occurred to me from both names starting withe "Stuffed". I managed to over heat it as I forgot to set the Microwave to 50% power when heating :(
    Bottom Line: if You like the crust on the Apple Pie You should like it and if You dislike that crust be forewarned :) When I overheated it the Pie broke open and a lot of the filling leaked out onto the paper plate so I ended up eating that more as a pudding than a filling. That made the rest of the pie bready tasting. Better luck next time. I will not forget to set the M/W to 50% power again. I did have trouble dialing in the heating on the Stuffed Apple Pies in the past too.

According to tracking my Ready to Go, what I think of as Shelf Stable, should be delivered today, Tracking shows.
    Scheduled delivery: Sat 7/09/2016 by end of day, OTOH it also shows
    7/08/2016 - Friday 8:57 pm Departed FedEx location HAGERSTOWN, MD
    7/09/2016 - Saturday 5:58 am At local FedEx facility CARTERET, NJ

Therefore I am not sure if it will come, However no problem either way.

Being that I like to take the easy road I have modified my heating of the NS frozen dinners too. For example where the Chicken Parmesan Dinner says heat for 3 minutes, remove cover, stir and heat for another 1 to 1.5 minutes I have found out that I am fine with just heating it covered all in one go. The same with other Entrees FWIW.

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger

Update: tracking shows: 7/09/2016 - Saturday 8:12 am
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery CARTERET, NJ
  • RogerToo
    Options
    The man should be charged with attempted murder, IMO. By the way, Roswell is one of several cities that intertwine around where I live, and is the city where Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston's daughter lived. She used to buy cigarettes and gas from me at our fuel center. The boundaries are very oddly shaped. I pass through one "leg" of Roswell on my way to and from work in John's Creek, and next on that road is Alpharetta, and then more Roswell, and it's almost impossible to tell where one is when one can walk/drive half a mile and be in a different city and then another half mile in the same direction to be BACK in the city where you started!

Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Hot again today. Been up since shortly before five but distracted by feeding Lilo, feeding me, and reading things on the internet. Orchid judging today, and then a short trip to Braselton where I hope to visit a winery and browse their store.

Hi Ed
    IMHO also it is attempted murder. That is a strange layout, I bet it makes for strange policing too.

Have Fun at the Judging
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    2ETHxX.jpg

UFwy4F.jpg
    Really, Who Knew

I8jrG8.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning...Happy Saturday :)
    Why not?
    I've been up, just now finishing my breakfast. Obviously I did not wake hungry!
    Staying with the kids this evening is the only solid thing on my list today. Speaking of which, the cartoon about success with my list made me laugh, and I'm sending the 'unsafe trail' so both my boys! They'll love it. Thanks Roger!

My computerized 'daily inspiration' early this week said, "Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is Patience" So, all week I've been pacing myself with nature, you know, growth rate of trees, etc....:), and so far I haven't found Patience. Wonder where the heck she is??? LOL! Meaning, I've been a lazy slug this week. The downside of that? I'm enjoying it!

Ed your new little eatery takeout sounds wonderful! as in, All Too Handy. That was me and Wendy's years ago. It was right at home, on my way home, and my car went there way too much. (confession, I loved Wendy Burgers and their fries. I keep that in the past tense these days)

Couple mundane chores to do, and then I'm 'free'. Computer back up done, and Fitbit currently charging, so chores will have to wait til its charged...and then I'm off! Meanwhile will hit fb and look for Maxine and B. Breathed, to see what my current 'idols' (LOL!) are doing.

Later...