Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks,

No, I didn't drop off the face of the earth again...just finished up grading, followed (sadly) by the unexpected death of my sister's significant other. Went to MA to visit and attend the funeral. I know she'll be "okay," but I want her to (eventually) be better than okay. She is alone up in MA...

Having walking issues in my back. I think the piriformis muscle is causing issues leading to serious sciatic pain. The treatment? NSAIDs (ibuprofen, etc.), of course, and rest. When I got up today and told my husband I was taking an AM then a later PM walk, his question was that he thought I was going to rest to let things calm down. As it is, I already feel a bit..."fluffy" and I don't want to rest, but the back is really painful. It is a toss up. Will try looking at the local gym today to see how much to join. They have swimming pools for laps, which I used to enjoy.

Catch up later,
    Lee-Ann
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! TGIF ED!!!
    Looking to breakfast...cats of course fed...and then a trip to ATL for my badly needed hair cut! It will be so nice to have my head under control, instead of the current 'newly hatched chick' look I now have upon rising!!!

I, Ed, didn't get enough rain yesterday to wet my driveway. Bummed, and will have to water at least the new grass when I get home today. I really was counting on that rain to water in the fertilizer I'd put around the rose bushes....gardeners, long suffering, never satisfied, always busy people! :)

LeeAnn.....you let that back rest, so said the 'group elder'! I'd tell you to find a good chiropractor who can help with the healing so that it doesn't take so long and will get you back on the walking schedule sooner.... But...since I doubt you're going to go that route, how about a good massage therapist? No real point in suffering and missing out on your walking routine...it can be fixed.

Roger, hope your walk today was fun or interesting, or financially lucrative!! Right now its wonderfully cool, with a nice gentle breeze here...would be perfect day for a walk.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Friday the 13th, Whee!
    Anybody with Triskaidekaphobia?
    Anybody remember a Movie called "Saturday the 14th"?

The weather outside was in the high 50s when I left the house, No sunshine today, There is rain in the forecast for later. We planted some Tomatoes, Peppers and a second Fig tree Wednesday and a Oregano & Sage plant along with some Basil Seeds Yesterday, I did water them however today's rain will hopefully water them in more thoroughly.

Yesterday we had a high of 80 and the living room got warm enough that I turned on the Wall AC to cool it down :)

Enjoy the End of the Work Week and have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Hey, good morning,
    Last to the party, and will be quite brief, as I was contemplating starting lunch (salad with mixed beans as protein), and I realized that I did NOT eat breakfast. The Heat & Air folks were scheduled to come out between 8-10....and he called about 10 to eight, and said he was on his way....so, moved the car out for easier access to the furnace, and after he left just before 10, I decided to blow the accumulated 'stuff' out of the garage, and that let to the driveway, etc....so somehow I didn't miss eating until I came in and sat down.
    I guess I'll forgo breakfast, and just plow right into lunch??? LOL!!

Only other scheduled 'bothers', a trip to the gym, and start working on this weeks vid's for Global Health. Nice!!

Oh, and DS1's beloved St. Louis Blues won their game 7 of the playoffs with the Stars, I listened to the game...it was very lopsided...6-1 Blues....so they're off to the conference hockey playoffs, and that team is to be determined tonite.....hmmmm. I know Jack was a happy camper. Being from St. Louis, I have no trouble becoming a Blues fan for a few weeks. Would rather Philly be in the games, but....

To the kitchen.....

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I think if I missed breakfast I would either not bother or just shift all my meals by the time offset when I did eat Breakfast.

It sounds as if You had a busy day too.

Was it a Heating/AC repair or just maintenance?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! No rain scheduled for today, so it should be nice, but too hot.

I do have to account for what I bring back to the store, but I just enter it into the computer as returned to the store for either 1) excess inventory, 2) expired "sell by" date" and then bring it back in. Expired, of course, does not go back on the shelf.

Off to the rat mines!
    Hi Ed
    I wish I could say no rain, Or maybe not as then I would have to water in the garden :)

Around here when something gets to be near it's Sell By date or is just to much in stock it gets reduced and place in a special location reserved for that sort of item. Things like Yesterdays Pre-Made Sandwiches and due to expire today go at 50% off and are still quite edible and at that price a decent bargain, a few things get marked at 30% to 40% off and much surplus and Dented cans go at 50% off

Have a great Dry Friday the 13th
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ok, just lost my post...grrrr.
    Home from hair and gym. Need to start watering the spring planted grass...
    FYI
    There is a very big recall of FROZEN (mostly) VEGETABLES. The URL is simply fda.gov, which as best I can tell takes you to the home page...from there its:
    Home > Safety> Recalls > Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
    Listeria is the 'bad guy'...there are 42 separate Brands listed.... might be worth looking thru the list...and its long. Things sold at many outlets, and includes Costco, Trader Joe's, etc. I know some of us shop these stores...
    ( saw this mentioned on news sometime this week...but when my email came today from the FDA and I saw the many brands, and various veggies and fruits I was really surprised)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,458 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Been up for a while but distracted by the internet. LOL.

Orchid judging today.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Now I KNOW I posted quite early this morning....nothing important. But it acted funny, and I had to do the Post button several times...but it did post. So where the heck is is?

Lazy day today.....going to fix breakfast. Cats ate 2 hours ago...like Ed, I've been distracted by internet....and there is more on the way...like I have access to all the speakers at the Food Summit if I want to hear them again, and that 'Global' class is still 'wanting'....

Only real chore is grass cutting...yep, thats IT!!! :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did some walking + 1 cent, Mailed off a payment, Went to the Bank for money, Staples for My brothers ink cartridges, Walmart for a second belt, CostCo for Frozen Bulk vegetables and all three types of Paper Goods, and The Acme Grocery Store for some frozen that is on sale to use for Dinner. I am now home and at 10,700 Steps so far and it isn't even Noon :)

The Weather is heating up outside, the Living Room is up to 74 degrees already.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Ok, just lost my post...grrrr.
    Home from hair and gym. Need to start watering the spring planted grass...
    FYI
    There is a very big recall of FROZEN (mostly) VEGETABLES. The URL is simply fda.gov, which as best I can tell takes you to the home page...from there its:
    Home > Safety> Recalls > Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
    Listeria is the 'bad guy'...there are 42 separate Brands listed.... might be worth looking thru the list...and its long. Things sold at many outlets, and includes Costco, Trader Joe's, etc. I know some of us shop these stores...
    ( saw this mentioned on news sometime this week...but when my email came today from the FDA and I saw the many brands, and various veggies and fruits I was really surprised)

Later...
    Now I KNOW I posted quite early this morning....nothing important. But it acted funny, and I had to do the Post button several times...but it did post. So where the heck is is?

Lazy day today.....going to fix breakfast. Cats ate 2 hours ago...like Ed, I've been distracted by internet....and there is more on the way...like I have access to all the speakers at the Food Summit if I want to hear them again, and that 'Global' class is still 'wanting'....

Only real chore is grass cutting...yep, thats IT!!! :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I looked and did not see the frozen Costco items I but listed. I am thinking that since I bought them today they should be safe or they would have been recalled? Thank You for the heads Up.

I wonder if the lost post(s) are related to the upcoming later today Forum Downtime/

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Been up for a while but distracted by the internet. LOL.

Orchid judging today.

Hi Ed
    I have the same problem, that darned Internet can be a huge time sink.

Enjoy the Days off from Work
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger, any food you bought TODAY should be safe. The affected frozen SHOULD have been removed by the seller (Costco, Trader Joe, etc)...I think it was Tues or Wed that I first saw the recall, but had no idea how massive it was. I got my email from FDA on Friday....that said, these products had expiration/best by/use by dates from this month thru 2018! The call us yours....probably safe to eat...easily looked up and avoided if necessary. :smile:

Also I didn't think about the site maintenance....even with your reminder. Sorry, I was half asleep first (non existent) post. Hadn't even come close to the bottom of my coffee cup.

Ok, out to cut the grass....
    Have a great weekend. (PS we're being hit by back to back 'cold' fronts...high today will be 80, but not there yet... and morning temps on Sunday??? upper 40's!!! Wowza what the heck happened? )
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I think Spring and Summer are having a grudge match...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Been up for about an hour and a quarter, distracted by the usual, along with washing a few dishes.

Pondering breakfast options now. Come to think of it, need to feed Lilo to. But she's in my lap right now so apparently in no hurry.

Laundry later, and big water for indoor plants.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Ed your idea of Spring and Summer having a grudge match brightened my morning! So very true! On my back porch, the morning low was 50. So we really didn't quite get into the predicted 40's, at least not at my house. I'm sure it was much colder in the mountains, and maybe even in the northern part of Gwinnett where DS1 lives.

You made a mental list of what needed to be done...I did or started quite a bit of my planned indoor list...emptied dishwasher, started load of clothes, fed cats, ran the sweeper...took out the trash. And cleaned up my email inbox. Whew! I need that cup of coffee. Breakfast and a shower, and I'm off...need to stop at Home Depot, walk past, do not stop, in garden area, find a hose clamp...AC guy pointed out that the house ground wire was not attached to the ground post!!! OMG! So, will fix that today, but need the clamp. Then I need to make a quick Kroger run for salad green stuff, and potatoes, and a lemon or two. I could use a run to Whole Foods, but may put that off, so I can be outside and do several overdue chores. Bush at the front sidewalk needs serious clipping, (alternative....new sidewalk :smiley: I have a pot and the potting soil, and the geraniums...just need to introduce them!, have a bale of pine straw to put down in the rose bed, and would like to cut back an azalea at the front of the house. (Am I tired yet?)

Soooo my friends...I am off to work on my busy day.

Later...

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    AHA!!! 8:27 and its now 48 degrees on the back porch... Ed, I think Spring is winning? :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was feeling a bit chilly whenever the breeze blew and fine the rest of the time, That makes it hard to dress for comfort :) 7,200 steps FWIW.

So far it is a sunny Sunday outside with a few clouds in the sky.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Roger, any food you bought TODAY should be safe. The affected frozen SHOULD have been removed by the seller (Costco, Trader Joe, etc)...I think it was Tues or Wed that I first saw the recall, but had no idea how massive it was. I got my email from FDA on Friday....that said, these products had expiration/best by/use by dates from this month thru 2018! The call us yours....probably safe to eat...easily looked up and avoided if necessary. :smile:

Also I didn't think about the site maintenance....even with your reminder. Sorry, I was half asleep first (non existent) post. Hadn't even come close to the bottom of my coffee cup.

Ok, out to cut the grass....

Have a great weekend. (PS we're being hit by back to back 'cold' fronts...high today will be 80, but not there yet... and morning temps on Sunday??? upper 40's!!! Wowza what the heck happened? )

Hi Valerie
    I had used up all of those CostCo Frozen veges a couple of weeks ago and have been using bags of ShopRite Frozen Veges until i got out to CostCo. Yesterday I was in a newish CostCo for the first time as I passed it on my longish loop. I thought about it and said to myself why go past that one, past the house just to go to the other one :)
    Good morning all!
    Ed your idea of Spring and Summer having a grudge match brightened my morning! So very true! On my back porch, the morning low was 50. So we really didn't quite get into the predicted 40's, at least not at my house. I'm sure it was much colder in the mountains, and maybe even in the northern part of Gwinnett where DS1 lives.

You made a mental list of what needed to be done...I did or started quite a bit of my planned indoor list...emptied dishwasher, started load of clothes, fed cats, ran the sweeper...took out the trash. And cleaned up my email inbox. Whew! I need that cup of coffee. Breakfast and a shower, and I'm off...need to stop at Home Depot, walk past, do not stop, in garden area, find a hose clamp...AC guy pointed out that the house ground wire was not attached to the ground post!!! OMG! So, will fix that today, but need the clamp. Then I need to make a quick Kroger run for salad green stuff, and potatoes, and a lemon or two. I could use a run to Whole Foods, but may put that off, so I can be outside and do several overdue chores. Bush at the front sidewalk needs serious clipping, (alternative....new sidewalk :smiley: I have a pot and the potting soil, and the geraniums...just need to introduce them!, have a bale of pine straw to put down in the rose bed, and would like to cut back an azalea at the front of the house. (Am I tired yet?)

Soooo my friends...I am off to work on my busy day.

Later...
    Hi Again
    Someone is up and online bright and early today.

You sound as if You have been busy the last two days too.

Don't forget to clean the surface of the ground rod and ground wire if there is any corrosion.

Some of the sidewalks I use are somewhat overgrown by plants, such a temptation to take clippers along.
    AHA!!! 8:27 and its now 48 degrees on the back porch... Ed, I think Spring is winning? :)

It was 48 in a nearby town on the Local Cable News Station when I checked it before I went walking.

Enjoy The Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Been up for about an hour and a quarter, distracted by the usual, along with washing a few dishes.

Pondering breakfast options now. Come to think of it, need to feed Lilo to. But she's in my lap right now so apparently in no hurry.

Laundry later, and big water for indoor plants.

Hi Ed
    If You are being distracted by the same thing as happens to me then that would be the Internet :) I had meant to do some other things on the computer yesterday and never got past the Internet.

Have a Nice Relaxing Sunday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Confession...for years I had a very small little clipper, fit in a pocket of my purse....and I had it just for the reason you mentioned Roger....then one sad, sad day as I was going thru security here in ATL, they made me give them up. Those little guys had been thru security at least 5 times....
    I've never been able to find another pair that short handled and small bladed. Oh, well...may be good luck...better to give up little clippers than go to jail for stealing a snippet of a plant!!!

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I know...evening (night), not early morning. Will have to get up early to exercise anyway. Not sure if I mentioned...a new one for me..."piriformis syndrome." I think I have it and it is painful. Causes sciatic pain but not from the nerve root. It is caused by spasming or inflammation of the piriformis muscle which rests just over the sciatic nerve, and is exacerbated by walking (my current favorite exercise). So I am going to try - key word is "try" - going back to P90x. Tony Horton has great exercises, if only I can stick with them this time. But very limited walking...not happy...

And where is the sun? Who stole it again??

Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Supposed to be a pretty nice day here. Some chance of rain tonight.

Off to the salt races!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning From GA....in the Ukraine!
    Ok, 46 isn't exactly THAT cold, but cats were wearing their fur coats this morning! LOL!!!
    Nice today, and then they're worrying us with this promise of rain again thru SUNDAY...honestly people can't we just have a regular old fashioned spring?
    LeeAnn, I'm so sorry someone with an evil heart has stolen your sun again! That's just not right! I so hate it when its overcast for days on end. We get a lot of that in the winter. So gloomy and uninspiring.

Today, gym...laundry's done except for the bed linens, and I'll get my house all nicely grounded again. I got the clamps yesterday, have them and the sandpaper laying out. Should be a fairly simple fix. I may be on the disabled list with LeeAnn because its going to put this old body in a fairly unfamiliar position. Have to deal with the house, the AC condenser, and the lines to the condenser...picture Valerie as a pretzel... :) When Antonio looked at it the other evening Roger he told me to use the sandpaper because there was paint on the wire...he didn't tell me to sandpaper the ground pole...which looks all silvery and clean, but I will do it anyhow, since you mentioned it. Thanks!
    I also have ONE planter to plant today...I'd gotten the geraniums, but needed some other kind of filler...was going to go with something 'drape-y', but saw small plants of rosemary and lavender! Eureka! Nestle them down in the pot, and instant herbs for my cooking adventures.

Finished my class work last night in time to listen to the St. Louis Blues beat the San Jose Sharks! Blues won! Both my boys were also listening, so there was some interesting texting going on too!

Later...

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Record Cold in some part of the area overnight, It was around 41 degrees when I left to go walking today +1cent and 6900 steps.
    A couple of songs I listened to at the end of the Richard Diamond shows While I was walking :)
    I Said My Pajamas (And Put On My Pray'rs) - Tony Martin & Fran Warren
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILLRb-pihNA
    I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts (Merv Griffin)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf670orHKcA

Have a Nice Upcoming Week
    Roger
    Confession...for years I had a very small little clipper, fit in a pocket of my purse....and I had it just for the reason you mentioned Roger....then one sad, sad day as I was going thru security here in ATL, they made me give them up. Those little guys had been thru security at least 5 times....
    I've never been able to find another pair that short handled and small bladed. Oh, well...may be good luck...better to give up little clippers than go to jail for stealing a snippet of a plant!!!
    Good Morning From GA....in the Ukraine!
    Ok, 46 isn't exactly THAT cold, but cats were wearing their fur coats this morning! LOL!!!
    Nice today, and then they're worrying us with this promise of rain again thru SUNDAY...honestly people can't we just have a regular old fashioned spring?
    LeeAnn, I'm so sorry someone with an evil heart has stolen your sun again! That's just not right! I so hate it when its overcast for days on end. We get a lot of that in the winter. So gloomy and uninspiring.

Today, gym...laundry's done except for the bed linens, and I'll get my house all nicely grounded again. I got the clamps yesterday, have them and the sandpaper laying out. Should be a fairly simple fix. I may be on the disabled list with LeeAnn because its going to put this old body in a fairly unfamiliar position. Have to deal with the house, the AC condenser, and the lines to the condenser...picture Valerie as a pretzel... :) When Antonio looked at it the other evening Roger he told me to use the sandpaper because there was paint on the wire...he didn't tell me to sandpaper the ground pole...which looks all silvery and clean, but I will do it anyhow, since you mentioned it. Thanks!
    I also have ONE planter to plant today...I'd gotten the geraniums, but needed some other kind of filler...was going to go with something 'drape-y', but saw small plants of rosemary and lavender! Eureka! Nestle them down in the pot, and instant herbs for my cooking adventures.

Finished my class work last night in time to listen to the St. Louis Blues beat the San Jose Sharks! Blues won! Both my boys were also listening, so there was some interesting texting going on too!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    It seems the cold is everywhere today :)

This is just an opinion, However it seems that security is obsessing over the little things and letting big things leak through.

I remember years ago in St, Louis going through security where I handed the screener my Bucket of Popcorn while I put everything else through the Screening device. They just carried it around the thing and gave it back, Who knows what could have been in there if I had been a bad guy :)

Herbs are a popular Potted item for kitchens these days, Everyone wants as fresh as they can get.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Supposed to be a pretty nice day here. Some chance of rain tonight.

Off to the salt races!

Hi Ed
    I Believe Our rain is currently forecast to arrive Tuesday later in the evening into Wednesday, Oh well, It is what and when it is.

Cheers
    Roger
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I know...evening (night), not early morning. Will have to get up early to exercise anyway. Not sure if I mentioned...a new one for me..."piriformis syndrome." I think I have it and it is painful. Causes sciatic pain but not from the nerve root. It is caused by spasming or inflammation of the piriformis muscle which rests just over the sciatic nerve, and is exacerbated by walking (my current favorite exercise). So I am going to try - key word is "try" - going back to P90x. Tony Horton has great exercises, if only I can stick with them this time. But very limited walking...not happy...

And where is the sun? Who stole it again??

Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    I am sorry to hear That You are having pain, I hope it clears up quickly!

I think NJ stole Your sun, It is bright and Sunny here if chilly and windy.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    From My Humor post

hsbzrz.jpg

iukSZ6.jpg

81rFE9.gif

cjcbLj.jpg
  • RogerToo