What does your low carb meals look like??

Replies

• redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/

Best pizza substitute that I've tried (and I have been happy with cauliflower crust & zucchini crust, but this one is so much better!)

My problem is that I usually end up eating too much of it, and I feel it slows my progress for a bit, so I tend to save it for more "special" occasions. I really look forward to it on those days though :smiley:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    damrkmyxariz.jpeg

Jalapeño popper pork chop
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    redimock wrote: »
    Here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/

Best pizza substitute that I've tried (and I have been happy with cauliflower crust & zucchini crust, but this one is so much better!)

My problem is that I usually end up eating too much of it, and I feel it slows my progress for a bit, so I tend to save it for more "special" occasions. I really look forward to it on those days though :smiley:

That's how I am with low carb desserts - it is only low carb if you don't eat the entire pan yourself..... :-/
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    7fi7u9vgmmdj.jpeg

Beeakfast!
    two eggs over easy sautéed vegetables two slices of microwave bacon no nitrate 2 t olive oil

I love it when breakfasts are posted because that's often a difficult transition for new people. Yours looks great!
    Here's mine
    860aqaamnbmi.jpeg
    I am in love with Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo!
    Eggs with white cheddar, topped with avocado, cilantro a little extra yellow cheddar cheese and the chipotle mayo. Sooooo amazing!
    I only tend to eat breakfast on the weekends since I slept in :smile:
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    We had beef and bean taco salad tonight. No picture, sorry to say. I did not have corn taco shell unlike the rest of my family. I figured the beans , tomato salsa and onions would have as many carbs as I can handle. Wish I'd gotten a pic. We did have cilantro from the garden.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Bump
  • Msyl03
    Msyl03 Posts: 8 Member
    Are shirataki noodles low carb?
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Shirataki noodles are mostly zero carb. I don't care for them plain, but with any sauce they are pretty good.
  • Msyl03
    Msyl03 Posts: 8 Member
    I googled those shirataki noodles and they are pretty expensive...
  • Ange_Armano
    Ange_Armano Posts: 5 Member
    Everything looks so yummy!! Are y'all using really small plates because my meals never look that big? :D:D
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,756 Member
    vln1ss087nvn.jpg

Not the prettiest, but that's 250g of medium rare chuck steak with 70g homemade coleslaw (oil and vinegar)
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Tonight, a variation of jalapenos poppers, but not stuffed. More like a casserole...

Simple, bacon, CC, jalapenos, season salt & pepper. Cooked in Pyrex bowl.

bqjsjg7svyw2.jpg

I only ate a third of it, put the lid on it, will eat tomorrow for lunch.

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program

mk1sh4bwhb53.gif

• clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    u6hram9ds1y6.jpg

Low carb chicken broccoli Alfredo. I used the Zero noodles. They taste good as long as they are rinsed well, drained and heated but the texture is different. A bit chewy but I can handle that to enjoy Alfredo!! Also used a low carb alfredo recipe using cream cheese, butter and heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Seriously delicious!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    clawson91 wrote: »
    u6hram9ds1y6.jpg

Low carb chicken broccoli Alfredo. I used the Zero noodles. They taste good as long as they are rinsed well, drained and heated but the texture is different. A bit chewy but I can handle that to enjoy Alfredo!! Also used a low carb alfredo recipe using cream cheese, butter and heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Seriously delicious!!

I could not make the zero noodles edible. I prefer (ironically, now) spaghetti squash here, even if it has a few carbs. It's great for dinner and sleeping later.
  • clawson91
    l3b75ap8yh33.jpg

Eggroll in a Bowl, from MostlyHomeMadeMom.com. This one had ground chicken. Also good with lean ground beef and I'm sure ground title will be just as good. I would love to try with shrimp! I double the recipe except for the soy sauce...1/2 cup is plenty!
  • KnitOrMiss
    clawson91 wrote: »
    l3b75ap8yh33.jpg

Eggroll in a Bowl, from MostlyHomeMadeMom.com. This one had ground chicken. Also good with lean ground beef and I'm sure ground title will be just as good. I would love to try with shrimp! I double the recipe except for the soy sauce...1/2 cup is plenty!

If you like that, @clawson91 - be sure to try "crack slaw" too!
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    dwtbvi7f6rsa.jpeg
    2 scrambled eggs with spinach and feta, half a vine ripened tomato and a small avocado drizzled with hot sauce.
  • clawson91

I could not make the zero noodles edible. I prefer (ironically, now) spaghetti squash here, even if it has a few carbs. It's great for dinner and sleeping later.[/quote]

I adore spaghetti squash!! I've never tried it with Alfredo. I usually just saute onions, mushrooms and bell peppers and a low sugar spaghetti sauce and top with cheese. The alfredo on it will be my next experiment!

• KnitOrMiss
    @clawson91 - when I make it, basically I saute the spaghetti squash (already steamed) in butter, add garlic salt, cream, then cheese, and meat, if I'm eating it. SO lazy way of doing it. :)
  • midcitycat
    midcitycat Posts: 60 Member
    I don't eat meat (I do occasionally eat seafood), so doing LC is more complicated for me. I'm on the Whole30 right now as well so cannot have dairy products. I made these Whole30 compliant fish "tacos" the other night and they are going to be a new staple to get me through this. Large tilapia fillet pan fried in EVOO with Tony Chachere's (I would be nowhere without my Tony's), avocado, salsa and nutritional yeast flakes. The key I've found is good seasoning. Might try the same thing with eggs to make breakfast "tacos" since I try not to eat seafood more than 2-3 times a week.

hc92gmr594v6.jpg