What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowl
    mkvamx2bam2t.jpeg
    Chicken cooked in CO with taco seasoning on a bed of romaine with salsa, cheese, crispy jalapeños and sour cream with guac seasoning mixed in.
    My portion came to about 350 calories, 6 total carbs. I think it was about 30g protein and 20g fat...

Yummy!!!

I forgot pic but I made smoked salmon (2 hours slow smoked) and steamed broccoli with butter!!! A new thing I've learned is how little I really need to be full!!!! Fills great not to stuff my plate full of bad food choices and eat healthy size meals with out being sick later!

• ettaterrell
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    mxo7v1gfr9rk.jpeg
    Curried chicken made with roast chicken, full fat coconut milk and Red Curry paste, with a side of stir fried cabbage and bok choy with a bit of onion. I kept all the chicken drippings in the sauce, decadent and delicious.

Nice!
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ium474o1cdx9.jpg
    Cauliflower crust pizza. Excellent recipe and tastes good. Could have used a bit more pre-bake time as I would have liked a little more crisp, but it tasted good!
    http://www.eatagreatdeal.com/2015/01/the-best-cauliflower-crust-pizza.html?m=1
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    ium474o1cdx9.jpg
    Cauliflower crust pizza. Excellent recipe and tastes good. Could have used a bit more pre-bake time as I would have liked a little more crisp, but it tasted good!

I seen a recipe the other day that was more or less a cheese crust, has anyone tried that before? Might have to this week...
  • AshleyC1023
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ium474o1cdx9.jpg

I seen a recipe the other day that was more or less a cheese crust, has anyone tried that before? Might have to this week...

You can do that with cheese and a pan to make personal pan pizzas without crust. You know when cheese falls over in the pan and gets all crispy when you're making grilled cheese? Same concept. I always liked the crispy cheese that fell in the pan lol.
    I might do those, as the reviews were mixed. My 4 and 9 year old gave it a thumbs down. Me, 12 year old, and 7 year old liked it. It's that or I make the kids a regular pizza and me and hubby smaller personal ones.

ETA: 2 pieces (which is a serving) made me a bit more full than I would have liked.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    The fathead pizza crust is really good
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Today I made chicken soup with skin and added an avocado to my bowl... I snacked on chilled coconut cream later.
    qfbmqom66auq.jpeg

Yum! I made chicken soup a few days ago, but no avocado. I need to try this next time!
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My diet in a nutshell...sorry for being too lazy to actually combine these, but its pretty obvious I just emulsify with avocado, EVOO, MCTs & spice with salt & oregano. Dry heat for Kale until a nice brown, low-medium stovetop panfry for fish until slight brown...love those delicious carcinogen polyheterocyclic amines
    rkc6pthotbqc.jpg
    wgctgxq5ihxq.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I make pizzas without crust often. I just put the cheese right on the parchment pretty thin. Then the toppings. Let it cool a bit after its done and then just tear off pieces and maybe dip in pizza sauce or ranch. So good!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    mxo7v1gfr9rk.jpeg
    Curried chicken made with roast chicken, full fat coconut milk and Red Curry paste, with a side of stir fried cabbage and bok choy with a bit of onion. I kept all the chicken drippings in the sauce, decadent and delicious.

YUM! Very different from anything I've ever made. Do you have a recipe or can you baby step it for me?
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Zero carb pasta with mushrooms, spinach and prawns.ubblkph6hu8u.jpg

Please share recipe or list all ingredients including spices!! I so want to make this!!!

@ettaterrell, dry fry 200g zero carb noodles until desired texture (I use the fettuccine shaped ones from MyProtein.com, but there are lots of brands you could use).
    In a separate pan, sauté mushrooms in butter .
    If you're using uncooked shrimp, add when mushrooms are about halfway done and cook until just pink.
    Wilt in some spinach (if using cooked shrimp, add them now).
    Add 100-150ml of single cream and 30g parmigiana or hard Italian cheese, and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens up a bit.
    Stir in noodles and sprinkle with chili flakes (optional) and lots of black pepper.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    @JessicaLCHF , this is such an easy dish, and practically makes itself. You could easily use any chicken parts you have for this, or shrimp would be good too. But I only have whole chickens, so instead of cutting one up, I roasted a 6 lb chicken first, then pulled all the meat off and cut it into chunks. But you could saute chopped boneless chicken as well. I would cook it in fat of your choice. In my case, I just used the fat in the form of chicken drippings, with a bit more butter, and then of course, the coconut milk. So I'll just tell you basically what I would do.

Cut chicken and brown in butter or coconut oil. Remove chicken pieces when almost done, with a slotted spoon. Fry chopped onions, celery, and any other vegetable you might want in the fat in the same pan. I put a bit of broccoli in yesterday, and a tiny bit of tomato at the end. You could also put in some chopped red or green pepper, or any other lower GI vegetable. When veggies are almost done, add the chicken back to the pan. I also added seasonings like garlic, an all purpose blend of spices I mix myself, salt and pepper etc.

If you use a whole chicken that has been cooked already, simply fry the vegetables until they are ready to receive the chopped cooked chicken. I used the same dutch oven that roasted the chicken, to saute the veggies, and the flavour was so rich, especially since I heavily seasoned my chicken when I roasted it.

I love C*ck brand red curry paste, since it is virtually comprised of spices alone, with no sugar or MSG or anything added to it. You can add as much as you like. Blend that into the juices in the pan.

Add one can of full fat coconut milk and stir everything, cook a bit longer to combine the flavours. You could add more lemongrass if you have it, but there is some in the curry paste.

Serve over cauliflower rice, or zoodles or last night I made the stir fried cabbage with a bit of onion and bok choy, sauteed in butter.

• JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Thanks! I'll save it and will be trying soon!
  • AshleyC1023
    Options
    Kit, I do whole chickens too. Walmart had some massive sale on them last week and they were 99 cents...for a 2 pack of whole chickens. I don't have a dutch oven and none of my cast iron pans are deep enough, but I use the crockpot. Takes all the work out of it. Season like usual, put 1 cup of water in there with the whole chicken, and put it on low for 8 hours. It is super easy to debone.
  • AshleyC1023
    Options
    uzmvizjujibp.jpg

Steak, onion, bell pepper and cheese omelet. I think it ended up being around 428 calories, but it's been worth every bite. 7g carbs (from the veggies) I used heavy cream to whip the eggs with, and fried it in butter.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    gtscczjfqbui.jpeg

Lunch is Curried Beans. A childhood favorite that's super easy and amazingly tasty, in fact it's all of my siblings favorite veggie! But maybe it's genetic? IDK. Anyway, it's beans heated in bacon grease with the bacon torn and added back to the pan, and a good sprinkle of yellow curry powder on it.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Wanted to make my scrambled eggs less boring, but simple and easy to make:

3 eggs with a little HWC added (blended with a stick blender)
    Handful of cooked shrimp (no tails)
    1/4 of a yellow bell pepper
    2 large mushrooms ~ sliced
    4 slices of bacon ~ chopped into squares
    Pepper and Lawry's season salt

qb7suw6cmxac.jpg

The shrimp were a first for me, and they were great! I probably could of added some cheese (next time).

Enjoy,

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    My first attempt at low carb shepherd's pie

hr6b2y6cfulm.jpg
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Low carb meatloaf with low carb ketchup. It's my regular recipe, except where I used to use breadcrumbs I used pork rinds, and instead of milk, I used HWC. NOM NOM NOM!!!

1hevenuf2w8q.jpeg
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    My first attempt at low carb shepherd's pie

hr6b2y6cfulm.jpg

1. How was it?
    2. Recipe?