What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    u35ezglttx2p.jpeg
    Leftover roast pork dinner made into soup with the addition of my homemade bone broth and some leftover gravy.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Dinner last night: Smothered BBQ Chicken (BBQ sauce, cheddar, bacon bits, green onion and tomato) and low carb broccoli casserole (recipe below). I added some crispy onions as a topping to the casserole. Very filling and yummy meal, but should probably be an occasional meal.

http://www.food.com/recipe/cheesy-broccoli-casserole-low-carb-465650

7ohg2igq9b0y.jpg
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    u35ezglttx2p.jpeg
    Leftover roast pork dinner made into soup with the addition of my homemade bone broth and some leftover gravy.

Looks amazing!!
  • Emily3907
    Options
    Okay @SoosannahK......I am gonna need your method for those cheese crackers. :)
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »

Me too! I have one way, but they don't look that good.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »

@Emily3907 @lowjax75 I just spread a thin layer of cheese about 1 cup +/- a few shreds (any flavor, I used taco this time since eating guac) onto a cookie sheet. Turn the oven to about 375 and bake til edges are good and brown. I let them cool and firm up then cut up with a pizza cutter.

Keep your cheese layer thin. I have made them before and had my layer too thick and it just came out a big goopy yummy mess of melty cheese. These were crisp along the edges but still a little chewy in the middle. Might have need another minute or two. I also spray my pan with a little olive oil cooking spray so they come up super easy.
  • SoosannahK
    Options
    I've never posted a pic before, but here goes. Peanut butter, coconut oil, cream cheese fat bombs. Just 1 makes a meal for me!wwgq64e5e3mg.jpeg

These look like heaven. How did you get them perfectly square? They remind me of caramels. Recipe pleeeeeeasssseeee <<< that is me begging :#
  • SoosannahK
    Options
    Hi @SoosannahK ! I used a silicone ice cube mold/tray. So easy to pop these out of the mold. I did not use an actual recipe... But put about 4 tablespoons coconut oil in a pan, and about 2 tablespoons peanut butter and melted them together. I scooped some cream cheese into the molds before pouring in the melted oil/peanut butter mix. I may add some stevia in the next batch to make sweeter. Super easy to make!

I may give these a try this weekend. They look yummy.
  • tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Everything looks so yummy! Too bad I didn't see this before I ate dinner, so I'll just have to describe what I ate:
    Red presto pork chop-first time trying it, and I can promise it will not be the last.
    Asparagus, cooked with olive oil and butter with garlic-always a fave!
    Salad with baby arugula, bell pepper, couple cherry tomatoes, and lemon/olive oil/pesto salad dressing.
    Over all, I am very satisfied, and proud that I've stuck to my diet another day!!
    Yay us!
  • tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza. noj406763ebm.jpg

I've always wanted to try the cauliflower crust, but haven't yet. This looks so good, I'll have to give it a try!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Roast Pork Lunch kfpl35zs94nz.jpg

• natalialikescookies
    natalialikescookies Posts: 72 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Beef and (roasted) broccoli over spaghetti squash (had some cooked in the fridge or I would have made Cauli rice )
    Super yummy!
    sb8l9lnwtvwz.jpeg
  • Emily3907
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Last nights dinner: Chicken Parmesan for one (super easy) and a salad with bacon, parm, tomatoes, italian dressing and crushed bruschetta toasts (only 2 small ones!). DH is a CPA, so lots of solo meals lately. During busy season, I am pretty much single.

For the chicken parm, I just cut up and brown a chicken breast with salt, pepper, butter and olive oil in a pan. Then toss it with jarred sauce (I love Rao's brand). Add the chicken and sauce to ramekin, top with shredded mozzarella and put in a 400 degree oven until bubbly. Top with chopped parsley. Yummy and quick meal.

lisk5r2065vm.jpg
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    wg9bw8jb8i5t.jpg

This was 7 servings (big family). Chicken Parmesan, 1 pan. I steamed broccoli to go with it and everyone else got pasta. It was fine without pasta. For the chicken, I just lightly seared the raw chicken (didn't even add any seasonings) then put a jar of home made sauce on it, sprinkled with cheese, and threw it in a 350 oven (with a cast iron lid) to finish while I did the pasta and cleaned up after myself. Kid friendly, as everyone really liked it.

Side note, this wasn't cooked yet. Final product was gorgeous though.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Lunch today. Leftover salsa chicken evzgxt3w93y7.jpg
    dinner last night balsamic marinated pork chop and oven roasted bell peppers and onions with olive oil and balsamic
    p2oqw3z4zjub.jpg
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    7czjjymtx9ym.jpeg
    Not the best picture, but it sure tasted great. I made myself one bowl of mushroom soup with 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, homemade beef/pork bone broth, HWC, butter and leftover pork fat. I sautéed the mushrooms, after cutting them up in tiny Campbell 's soup type pieces, then simmered them in broth, reduced it a bit instead of using thickener, added heavy cream, then removed about 1/3 of the mushroom pieces before blending the rest with my immersion blender. I placed the reserved mushroom back in the pot and served myself a great bowl of soup. Season to taste.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    5ct00udis36g.jpeg
    Skillet chicken with bacon cream sauce that I ate over a bed of spinach. I gobbled it all before taking a pic but this was left in the pan. Found it on Pinterest today. Sooo good!!