Oops. Ate the.......

Options
Midnightgypsy0
Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
Halibut and chips with gravy. About 3 days worth of carbs.
Oh well. Start again tomorrow.

What was your last "fall off the wagon " moment?

Replies

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Halibut chips gravy and cheese lol

Made me feel horrible for 3 days but it was sooooo good. A coupon came in the mail for my favorite fish and chip place this month and it went right in the recycle bin!
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was really hungover on Sunday and my hubby ordered the pizza for him and the kids. I was feeling too *kitten* to bother making myself something so I had 2 slices. I regretted it immediately as I felt like I ate a brick. I've been good since and since I was too sick all day to eat it didn't turn out to be as bad as it could have been.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    atm I seem to fall off once a week! I know! hopeless.... last Saturday my mother inlaw bought my favourite chocolate to our house, I said I would only eat one piece but it didn't quite work out that way! This weekend my girlfriends are taking me out for high tea (read = full of carbs) for my birthday .... Maybe after that I will do longer. I still lost 1 kilo for the week :)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I feel like yesterday was a fall off the wagon moment since I was starving all day and ate way more calories than I budget for; I kept carbs down though...tons of fat and protein.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Do you ever give yourself a "cheat" day? I've only been doing LCHF for a little over two weeks, but I know sooner or later I'm going to cave and have some chips or chocolate or something. What do you do when you fall off the wagon?
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I had a donut ok two couple weekends ago. I don't dwell on it but keep on track. I don't allow myself cheats because as a diabetic eating carbs are actually very bad for my health, same as smoking cigarettes. If I let myself, I'll be getting a cheat daily lol
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    No cheat days for me either. This is my way of life now, not a diet. I cringe when I need to taste something not Keto friendly as I'm cooking these days. You know...making sure the rice is cooked properly. 9 times out of 10 I make my girls taste it for me because I don't even want those 5 grains of rice. I haven't craved anything from before this WOE...and let me tell you...I used to eat lots of carbs...unrefined and refined. It was bad. If I "cheat" I cheat with something Keto friendly and eat more calories than I'd like to eat not more carbs.

Now, having said all that - I love keeping sugar free candy on my desk and probably eat way too much of that. Some say that will increase their cravings for sugar but I've not had that issue so I keep my crutches. I also drink diet soda some days. There have been days I've had 3 in one day. It's not affecting my WOE but I KNOW first hand exactly what diet drinks can do to someone. But when I see Rowdy or the girls with a soda my brain sometimes says "you should have one too" so I drink it. I don't smoke, do drugs, drink alcohol much...so I guess it's not the worst vice ever. Maybe I should log those to really see how many I drink in a month....Maybe that would wake me up.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I messed up big time. Had chicken fried chicken sandwich with the bun and onion rings. *sigh* Kicked me right out of ketosis. Back on the wagon today. No, it wasn't a cheat day thing. It was a waiting on hubby at the restaurant so long I got starving and had temporary insanity. It all started with "just a little taste" of the kids' appetizer, battered and fried pickles. The struggle is real!!!! :s
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been missing the quinoa and brown rice (mixed) that I make for DH. I also miss having Nature's Path GF cereal with almond milk which I haven't had for over a year. But my fall always occurs with Que Pasa Blue Organic Tortilla Chips coupled with BIG hunks of old cheese (Cheddar or Parmesan) and a shooter glass of Frank's Red Hot Chili & Lime. Last time was about two weeks ago now. With a couple really good glasses of Marechal Foch. :/
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. A few weeks ago. Lots and lots of ice cream...in the middle of the night...when no one was watching...

*ahem* the rest of the batch of fat bombs. :#
    Can relate. I learned very early to never make more than one bomb. The old hide them in the freezer trick does not work for me. So sad.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    e5bdpdb06j2d.jpg

>:) or o:)
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    At least I can now see that I'm not alone....
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This is only my 16th day on this WOE, but I'm hoping to make it a way of life. I have a lot of weight to lose, so I will be keeping it super strict for now, but once I lose the weight, I hope to relax a little bit more to be able to be more experimental and a little bit higher in my carbs (right now, I keep it below 30g and my net carbs below 20g). To include more vegetables and maybe add in some more lower sugar fruits once I lose the weight. To allow myself that low carb wrap when I have a craving, etc.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Last night. I went hog wild. Back on the wagon today. :)
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No cheating for me, either. I do sometimes overdo calories, but I am on the mark with my macros and I basically stay sated most of the day and am not really hungry that much.

If I want chocolate, I've got cocoa powder, almond butter or tahini, several flavors of liquid stevia, butter, salt, and nuts, to make a variety of fat bombs (which, when I have a batch, might last me a week or more). Or I can nibble a square of 85-90% cacao bar.

I have been enjoying SO much flavor and variety that sometimes my tongue yells at me and swells up a little from it all. I have not craved sugar or wheat hardly at all (but I've been off most bread/pasta/rice since Dec. 2015 and I rarely ate or craved sweets - it was mostly fruit, back in my pre-LCHF days)