Oops. Ate the.......

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a week (and two 8 hour travel days) of taking care of my 89 year old mother with late stage Alzheimers. I had good intentions of staying keto - went to the store first thing. But as the stressful week went on and with all the other food around I caved. I didn't really enjoy any of the carby junk except for the fruit. First day home. A little scared that I won't be able to get right back. (Six months keto - down 40 pound, well now 37).

Oh so stressful...maybe it will be comforting to get back into your groove instead of difficult? It's something you can control (as opposed to your dear mother's health, which is totally out of your control). :'(
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Chose to be a little carby today and had black pudding topped with baked beans and a poached egg for breakfast, and had my burger in a bun for dinner. Getting back to logging and refocusing tomorrow after being offline for a month. Finally have Internet access again, just in time to out a stop to my carb creep.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    Macadamia nuts. Nature's fat bombs. So good. I think I've eaten $10 worth this weekend.

I started a new 6 oz jar yesterday and polished it off today :open_mouth:

PS - if anyone has a Dollar Tree store near them...they have 6 oz jars of macadamias for $1. YES. ONE. DOLLAR.
    I also get my packets of hickory smoked almonds to keep in my purse...and the chili limon peanuts.

You bet your *kitten* I nearly bought them out - Okay, I got 2 jars back a few weeks ago, then got 5 more last week.

Oh wow. We don't have that store up here. :( Canada. "True north strong and free" my *kitten*. Maybe true north strong and expensive. Or taxed. Taxed would work in our national anthem too.

@nvmomketo ....Yes, we do. Try a search at canada411.ca to find one near you. There are two close to me, one in my city and one in a neighbouring town.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. We don't have that store up here. :( Canada. "True north strong and free" my *kitten*. Maybe true north strong and expensive. Or taxed. Taxed would work in our national anthem too.

Lol. But you Canadiahoovians have a lot to be thankful for, too :)

True. :)
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Macadamia nuts. Nature's fat bombs. So good. I think I've eaten $10 worth this weekend.

I started a new 6 oz jar yesterday and polished it off today :open_mouth:

PS - if anyone has a Dollar Tree store near them...they have 6 oz jars of macadamias for $1. YES. ONE. DOLLAR.
    I also get my packets of hickory smoked almonds to keep in my purse...and the chili limon peanuts.

You bet your *kitten* I nearly bought them out - Okay, I got 2 jars back a few weeks ago, then got 5 more last week.

@nvmomketo ....Yes, we do. Try a search at canada411.ca to find one near you. There are two close to me, one in my city and one in a neighbouring town.

:astonished::open_mouth: We do have one here!! It's on the other side of the city, a 30 minute drive, but I'll remember that for next time I am in the NE quadrant.

Cool.... I wonder if they are gluten free? For some reason most nuts say "May contain gluten" on it so I have to skip them. LOL Just clean your factory lines people! ;)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    When I drink I make very bad food choices so I'm currently in the no booze camp. Vodka has no carbs but the rocky road it leads to is carb laden

Well put, @SueMizzou52.

The booze strategy I now have in trial (tested twice....), is to put 20 strong-flavored olives in a Martini glass, sprinkle Gorgonzola, goat cheese, or feta on top (to create the illusion that I'm not too lazy or cheap to have real stuffed olives), add 2 shots of vodka/gin from the freezer, let sit for 10 minutes (while you eat the rest of the olives), and add olive or dill pickle juice to taste.

It's designed to reach flavor overload and satiety while you're still on smooth ground....

• RalfLott
    Options
    I also get my jars of pickles, black olives there. Sometimes I get a little pack of crumbled feta (3 oz bag) if I'm broke or just don't feel like paying $6 for 3 oz more of the same brand as my store carries. Oh, and they have things like turkey burgers, turkey bacon, ham steaks, smoked sausage, the occasional pork chop in there. It's hit or miss, if you have one with a fridge/freezer section. But worth checking out at least every couple of months, as things tend to rotate and new things come in.

@bjwoodzy - Alas, no macadamias at the nearest DT. But I did find some olives & pickles, along with a few inedibles - 2 cat toys, some reading glasses, and a stylus for my tablet - for $1 each. Not a bad haul for my first ever DT visit.

Thanks again for the tips!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    When I drink I make very bad food choices so I'm currently in the no booze camp. Vodka has no carbs but the rocky road it leads to is carb laden

Well put, @SueMizzou52.

The booze strategy I now have in trial (tested twice....), is to put 20 strong-flavored olives in a Martini glass, sprinkle Gorgonzola, goat cheese, or feta on top (to create the illusion that I'm not too lazy or cheap to have real stuffed olives), add 2 shots of vodka/gin from the freezer, let sit for 10 minutes (while you eat the rest of the olives), and add olive or dill pickle juice to taste.

It's designed to reach flavor overload and satiety while you're still on smooth ground....

Ok wait.... Is this how this is supposed to be made? Is there typically another ingredient?
    How did I miss this idea for a drink? I love olives and pickles and ... Gin... I think I've been missing out
  • RalfLott
    Options
    It was inspired by your bar photo.

(Your beloved pickle juice beats the pants off any vermouth.......)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Lol! I do love pickle juice!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Hmmm....... The Dirty Sunny?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Oops...vgzcwdafqq5t.jpeg

Ok. There's no real accident here, I have to confess. :wink:

Am I the only one who barely even noticed the booze, due to the action figures? This reminds me of my girlfriend's room. It's pretty awesome.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm right there with you. And there are little trophies too. Action figures and little trophies.
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I caved a lot this past weekend. I passed my core health so I had JJ and a cookie, ice cream cake that night for dinner. Saturday I had Applebees for dinner and a blizzard that night, Sunday I had tons of bad stuff for breakfast and that night I had big bowl of popcorn, Monday I had a donut for breakfast, half of a Frosty for lunch, and mashed potatoes for dinner. Thankfully I was only up 2 lbs. It was all off by this morning. Ugh. I had a terrible headache all day Monday....never again.
  • RalfLott
    Options

Lol! I do love pickle juice!
    Hmmm....... The Dirty Sunny?

Here's the latest variation....
    • 20 cold Kalamata olives with juice
    • Hot-pepper vodka from the freezer
    • Cold pickle juice and sauerkraut juice to taste
    • Stir gently
    • Let stand till olives can't stand up
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Cryren8972 wrote: »
    My favorite drink is a "Bloody Caesar".
    Vodka with clamato juice.

Vodka is 67 call, 14gr carbs, 4 fat, 0 protein.

6oz of clamato is 90 cal, 20gr carbs, 0 fat, 1gr protein.

Five or six sure does throw the carbs and calories through the roof.
    Feel like I gained 4 pounds last night.

No booze
    No booze
    No booze
    :s

Vodka doesn't have carbs, does it? When I google it...it says zero carbs.

Lime flavoured.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Options
    I think plain vodka is zero. I was drinking the Smirnoff Lime flavoured version and the bar code scan came back with what I quoted above.
    Tastes great though.
    :'(

It is surprising....
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Options
    I just wanted everyone to get into the habit of scanning the codes.
    Plain vodka comes back with zero carbs.
    Flavoured versions have carby things added. :s
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I just wanted everyone to get into the habit of scanning the codes.
    Plain vodka comes back with zero carbs.
    Flavoured versions have carby things added. :s

:star: Exactly right.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Options
    And sadly there is no such thing as beer zero.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    And sadly there is no such thing as beer zero.

But there IS zero-enjoyment beer, sad to say. I'd take a bowl of glass shards with 55 caloties of powdered sugar over some of them.