Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    So...I haven't posted all week but I've stuck with the plan eating and working out...I ran 30 mins yesterday in addition to cardio 1...getting ready for my Disney Princess Half Marathon in February!!!! So excited! I can really tell a difference in my face and neck that I've lost and some of my clothes fit better too. I've been really staying away from sugar and carbs except good things like whole wheat and such... and no carbs for dinner..or nothing after lunch as Barb Harper prescribes. I haven't counted a calorie or points and I feel great and relieved. I haven't looked at the scale either but I have my sister weigh me just to keep track. I told her to let me know when I get to the 170's but I don't think I need to know...I'll see it in my clothes I'm sure..
    I love when I'm on the right track! I feel good mentally and physically! Just have to keep doing as planned.
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    I'm not skipping!!!!!!!!!! Worked late and haven't done my workout yet but as soon as I get home I'm doing it if it kills me!!!!!!!!!!! And this is the reason that I like to get it done and out of the way in the morning before all the excuses start to roll in...
  • Toneitup_jess
    Toneitup_jess Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Well I'm just stopping by to wish you all the best in the rest of your JMBR journey. I just can't seem to stick with it. It feels like a chore and I want to do enjoyable workouts like softball, other dvds...

Take care! :)
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Done with my workout for today, yay!!!
    Have a great night.
  • rumswood
    rumswood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey hey!
    I'm still at it. I haven't been checking in because I've been a bad girl and eating lousy and phoning it in.
  • rumswood
    rumswood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    And i have been hating on myself because I feel like that's worse than not working out. I'm working on it though. Today I did alot better.
    It just seems so hard not to eat junk lately.
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    rumswood wrote: »
    And i have been hating on myself because I feel like that's worse than not working out. I'm working on it though. Today I did alot better.
    It just seems so hard not to eat junk lately.

One day at a time. Every day is a chance to start over.
  • MarissaBlevins220
    MarissaBlevins220 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    @Toneitup_jess Sad you're leaving us, but good luck on your journey!

@rumswood we all have those days (or weeks)
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    Well.... I had a much longer reply typed and it cut it all off when I posted it.... maybe it's a sign I'm too long winded....

Was curious @rumswood if you had decided what program you're doing next. I'm probably going to repeat this program one more time so, @1TheQueenB I'll be around for awhile so we can keep checking in with each other!

Happy Friday!

I have 8 more days till the final workout!!! I can't believe it!

• 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Well.... I had a much longer reply typed and it cut it all off when I posted it.... maybe it's a sign I'm too long winded....

Was curious @rumswood if you had decided what program you're doing next. I'm probably going to repeat this program one more time so, @1TheQueenB I'll be around for awhile so we can keep checking in with each other!

Happy Friday!

I have 8 more days till the final workout!!! I can't believe it!

Glad to hear I won't be alone...I was wondering if I was gonna be the only one posting. Can't wait to hear your results from start to finish.
    Sad to see you go @Toneitup_jess but as long as you do something, that's the point of this journey...I've quit JM a few times for various reasons and I know how it feels. You have to do something that you don't mind doing so that you won't dread it daily...no fun in that. I'm gonna keep doing her workouts until I get bored and find something new. As for now, I've got two weeks under my belt and my head is still in it. I'm gonna keep it there for as long as I can mentally and physically...I'm getting compliments and people are noticing that I have lost some inches. My clothes fit a little better, I can even notice it in my face.. I'd be an idiot (not the first time sadly) if I didn't continue what is working for me. Also not watching the scale has MADE A GREAT DIFFERENCE IN MY PROGRESS! You just have to do what's right for you at the moment. And change your mind as needed (haha)
    @MarissaBlevins220 don't you hate when that happens??? You write something long and feels so important and it gets erased!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Today I did workout 2 for the last time..yesterday workout 1 for the last time...tomorrow is Cardio 1 for the last time......yay! And I'll try to run a little too...rest day soon to come and then on to week 3!! This is where I quit once or twice before...NOT THIS TIME BOO BOO!!!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    30 min run complete and I did JM cardio #1 too.
    Two weeks down!!!!!!!!! On to week #3 on Monday! Have a great weekend people!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Does anyone follow a low carb diet? Am i crazy for trying while running? I feel like eating something but I think I'm just bored or craving something....idk what...carbs...bread? I can't put my finger on it. I ate a big salad with lots of chicken and deli meat...drank 8 cups of water already...my stomach feels full but my mind isn't satisfied. I'm on day #13 of eating lower carbs. It got easy but the last two days are sucking. Something I ate triggered this maybe.
  • MarissaBlevins220
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @1TheQueenB I eat low carb, but if I'm too strict I have horrible cravings and feel sluggish, I notice that if I allow some carbs I feel much better. Like if i have a salad, I'll add some croutons, or if i have eggs for breakfast I'll have one piece of whole wheat toast. I just limit myself and I try to not eat them late at night, it has really helped with my energy, and I'm still losing pretty consistently. You just have to find what works for you.

Today was my Rest day but I still went walking this morning and got my 10,000 steps in. We had a get together with my Husband's family, and everyone kept commenting on how big my baby has gotten and how much smaller I am! I've lost nearly 45 lbs since he was born. It felt so good that others noticed. My hard work is really paying off. It's so different when others notice because I still feel like I look the same. Yay for NSV's!

Other than that, tomorrow is day one of week 12!!!!! The end is in sight! Can't wait to see my final results but, I've lost right around 15lbs since starting the program!
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    Week 12, day 1: In the books!
    I've also managed to do some major grocery shopping and go on a walk at the park with the baby.

Hope everyone is having a motivated monday!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Week 3 day 1....boy did it kick my butt! I think this is where I quit last time and I see why (haha)...Jeese Lois!! I'm beat! Doesn't help that before my workout I walked on the treadmill for an hour alternating inclines up and down while I waited for kids to finish dance class..

I'll definitely have to try to get thsee workouts out of the way in the morning so that I don't dread it all day!

@MarissaBlevins220 I really enjoy hearing about your low carb version...sounds more like my idea of low carb. I had scrambled eggs and a slice of wheat toast for breakfast.

I was on the low carb forum and some people are very serious about eating the minimum...NO BREAD, ETC... not even wheat. I feel like when I need a little something, little is better than a whole loaf! And I'll eat wheat in morning, rarely for lunch and usually no carbs for dinner.

I don't want to accept a food addiction title...maybe I'm in denile and maybe I'm just not a food addict. What ever I am, I just want to be able to exercise self control when necessary...most of the time...and have an occasional drink, or snack, or small piece of b day cake, or go out to eat with whoever and enjoy a tasty meal...not to say that all these can't be healthy choices but every once in a while..I might not feel like caring....(did I say all that out loud?)
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    Let me just say I love food. I've tried "dieting" and not allowing certain "bad" foods, all it did was make me miserable and then I would binge, feel guilty, give up, and then feel like a complete failure.

I have a completely different mentality this time around, I'm eating healthy, not dieting. There are no "bad" foods. I've realized that it's not about what I was eating wrong, but my issue was portions. If I want some dessert now, I don't deprive myself, I just make it work within my calories and I can't tell you how much happier it has made me. I can eat what I want and I no longer have those overwhelming cravings for junk. For me not putting limits on what I can/can't have has made it so much easier to stick to it. Moderation has made all the difference in my weight loss.
    There's no reason to be miserable, when the ultimate goal is to feel good about ourselves! Like I've said before just find what works for you, it takes some time and progress can be slow, but healthy weight loss is slow. Just stay consistent and make adjustments when you need to. We got this!
  • 1TheQueenB
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Agreed! @MarissaBlevins220 . I found that the less that I got on the scale, the less I felt like my treat/indulgence made that big of a difference...not to continue eating bad all day everyday, but that it wasn't the end of the world and important to just get back on track sooner than later. I've done better just trying to make small changes and better choices rather than be fanatic about it. Right now I'm trying to lower my carb intake without counting macros and calories, just better choices and it's working! Clothes are looser and people are noticing...
  • 1TheQueenB
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just 30 mins....just 30 mins.....I'm getting mentally prepared for workout #4, week #3.....update soon to follow.. (big sigh and sad face)
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Workout complete! Actually I enjoyed it better than workout 3. Tomorrow is Cardio, thank goodness. night night!