Check In

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Oh, @verykatie I think you are fine to continue to lift weights! I wouldn't suggest say, starting when you are 8 months along or so, but continuing to workout now is a good thing! Lifting weights will make you stronger, and especially squats are good practice for labor! ;)

But as always, if you are worried ask your doctor. Remember though-you aren't a delicate flower: mommas have to be strong to give birth and to carry and care for their babies!

I did 20 unweighted squats last night and they were rough! I'm so out of shape :( I think tonight I will do weighted ones, but scale back to 5x5 reps and focus on form.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    @VeryKatie I would say you are fine to start again. Like Kirstie said, you could ask your doctor if you are really worried. You could also start with lighter than your usual weight and see what feels comfortable. Plus do an internet search on lifting/exercising while pregnant. There are reasonable guidelines for establishing limits (like still being able to talk during cardio).
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    @Kirstie155 @puffbrat thanks for the advice. I will stop worrying about it hahah. What can I say, I'm a worrier. I'll get lifting again today :smiley:

@teegan84 any updates for us? Heheh.
  • VeryKatie
    Everyone has been so quiet the past two days. I'm lonely in here...
  • VeryKatie
    @wantoldme I'm curious, what happens on September 21? Is there a reason you're hoping to meet that date? I hope you succeed :)
  • puffbrat
    It has been super quiet. Unfortunately I don't really feel like I have anything to say other than being disappointed at not losing this week.
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    @wantoldme I'm curious, what happens on September 21? Is there a reason you're hoping to meet that date? I hope you succeed :)

Thank you!!! I want to be down to 105 pounds on September 21 because that is when I turn 33. Also after my birthday is when I want to start trying for a baby with my husband. I want to be my goal weight before I get pregant.
  • Kirstie155
    Sorry I've been quiet, just busy busy!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    I haven't had much to say lately either. haha
    Anyone watch any good movies lately or read any good books?
  • VeryKatie
    edited July 2016
    I personally have been addicted to Suits recently!!! I know I'm behind, since I only have it on Netflix, but man it's good. I blew threw two seasons in two weeks. I've also been slowly reading the Rosie Effect (Book two of Rosie Project). The main character's wife is pregnant so that's kind of related! Book 1 was better though.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    I'll have to check Suits out though I feel like I had watched an episode or two before but it was when I was visiting my parents and didn't have cable at my place, just Netflix and it wasn't on there then or I'm thinking of something else. haha I've never heard of the Rosie Project so I'll check it out too. Hopefully my library has it, if not I'll recommend it. I'm always looking for something else to add to my reading list. (I do feel the the first book or movies always tends to be the best, at least in most cases.
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    I've been reading the Raven's Shadow series. I'm on the second book, the first, Blood Song was really good. It was a little hard to get into at the beginning, but worth it.

My husband downloaded Pokemon Go and we've been enjoying playing around with that. I met him for a walk at lunch yesterday and last evening we took turns walking around the block looking for an elusive Eevee. I loved pokemon as a kid and this is bringing back some warm, fuzzy memories plus helping me get some extra activity in.
  • puffbrat
    I just finished reading the Harry Potter series (again :) ) last night. I now really want to watch the movies again. I've seen 1-4 a couple times but I think I only saw 5-8 once in the theaters and don't remember much, if anything, from the later movies. I'm about to start a book called Just One Damned Thing after Another by Jodi Taylor. My mom highly recommended it.

I'm making my way through Downton Abbey's last season which is fun, then my husband and I will probably switch back to Game of Thrones. I've been watching GoT since the show first started but my husband only started watching when we moved in together 3 years ago. So we have gone back and started watching from the beginning.
  • VeryKatie
    edited July 2016
    Ah yes I highly recommend Suits! Their the dirty lawyers you have to cheer for hahaha. There are 5 seasons of it on Netflix now.

@NatashaLP2014 I'm curious what the Raven's Shadow series is about. It sounds interesting (judging from title only).

I've also been meaning to go find a book that my high school English teacher wrote. She's written a few teen novels since I graduated and I liked her so I should give it a try.

Oh Pokemon Go.. My husband has been waiting for ages and pumped me up for it haha. But then they had to go and NOT RELEASE IT IN CANADA!!! Now we're debating... do we wait for a undetermined amount of time for it to come to Canada - while also losing all opportunities to be at the same level as everyone else who side-loaded at gyms... or do we also side-load and potentially get banned from playing once it does come to Canada (maybe at a point where all the hype will be gone or gym trainers will have too powerful Pokemon for new players to beat). Also Chris is a little sad there's no Player vs Environment (you don't have to battle wild Pokemon, you just have to throw Pokeballs at them).

I keep hearing stories about this game. Like two people walked off cliffs and died because they didn't look up from their phones. I REALLY have to wonder about some people now. I wouldn't blame the game on that at all! If I were playing, I'd be like "am I playing this in an area with cliffs? Yes? Ok.. then I'll make sure to keep my eye on those monstrosities so that I don't walk off them". And the person who found the dead body while playing - yikes!
  • Kirstie155
    edited July 2016
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I personally have been addicted to Suits recently!!! I know I'm behind, since I only have it on Netflix, but man it's good. I blew threw two seasons in two weeks. I've also been slowly reading the Rosie Effect (Book two of Rosie Project). The main character's wife is pregnant so that's kind of related! Book 1 was better though.

Suits is AWESOME! Hubby and I binge watched it as well. We are currently watching Orphan Black. Soooooo good!

Is your husbands name Chris? You said "Chris was sad..."
    I had never heard of Pokemon go until like Monday. And now I hear it everywhere ! I can't believe people are dying, wth....
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    @VeryKatie Yeah, my husband side-loaded it because I've been excited about it for months. I actually don't have a smart phone yet, I'm waiting for it to officially come out in Canada. Though mid-August we have to travel to Vancouver and if somehow it isn't out by then I'll be getting it anyway, so many pokestops compared to our little town! I don't know what those crazy people were doing, walking off cliffs; the phone vibrates whenever a pokemon is near and you just need to look for a few seconds to get your stuff at the Pokestops. So you don't need to watch it intently. From what I understand a lot of the scary news stories surrounding the game are extremely exaggerated or faked.

They seem to be adding several countries each day so hopefully it won't take too long! It also doesn't seem too hard to strengthen your Pokemon, plus multiple people can challenge a gym at the same time meaning a group of weaker people can take down particularly powerful pokemon in the gyms.
  • VeryKatie
    edited July 2016
    @Kirstie155 yes, my husbands name is Chris. I keep talking about him, may as well use his name lol.

@NatashaLP2014 I was thinking I would also get a new phone once it comes to Canada. But I am a bit undecided. I probably need data to play but that would increase my bill so much since I don't have data now. Which makes the game technically very expensive for me if its the reason I am buying a phone at data.

Also... I just have to say... I used the wrong "their" in a post above and its driving me nuts!!!

@motivatedsister I think that's a great goal! I also wanted to be at goal for when I was trying.. I think I let go of that goal though. Not finding much motivation lately. But if I can just stick where I am and keep trying for a baby then I think that will work for me.

I was nervous because my boss was saying he wanted to send me up north. But he wasn't clear so it sounded like it was going to be either 1 week a month or 10 days a month (almost 50% of my time). So I was afraid of missing my fertile windows. But I talked to him recently and it turns out it was a misunderstanding. It'll be about 3 days every couple of months with maybe the first trip only being 10 days.

I'm now moving into my third month of TTC. Man, health class in school makes it sound so much more automatic than this lol. But I'm guessing my body needed another cycle of being of birth control. It was exactly 28 days this time. Last month was 29 and the one before was really weird. Now that I'm not disliking my job as much I'm not in as big a rush.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Oh, lots of suggestions and things to check out!

@VeryKatie I'm glad the work thing was just a misunderstanding and you won't be missing your fertile windows. Good luck this month! (I guess that's what you say. haha)

• Kirstie155
    @VeryKatie my husbands name is Chris, too! Glad to hear that work trips are shorter than you originally thought. Good luck this month!

I am back on track to try and get to goal before ttc. I lose motivation when I get distracted unfortunately, which is what happened earlier this year with my promotion. I had set myself back to where I was at new years, and spent some time pouting about it (it was 15 pounds!)

Now that Im done feeling fat and sorry for myself...onward to healthy weight loss! Im hoping to be back to my April weight by September, and Chris and I may delay ttc depending on my work schedule for October (travel as well.) Then with the holidays...ehhhh?

If we wait until our wedding anniversary in December, I can apply for a short term disability for next year, which would cover maternity leave (for those of you not in the US-I have no paid leave specifically for maternity unless I pay for additional insurance, which I can only apply for once a year, and have been denied the past 2 years in a row.) :( Maybe 3rd year is the charm? All things considered, it may be worth it to delay just a few months.

How was everyones weekend?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @Kirstie155 Glad you're getting back on track. I know how that is because I've basically been yo-yoing the same 3 pounds since February which was when I officially lost my first 10 pounds.

That sucks that you've been denied the additional insurance. I hope this year is the charm.

My weekend was okay. Saturday, Andrew (boyfriend) and I had an event to go to that was almost 2 hours away from us and were there most the day. It was fun but I was sure glad to be home once we got back. haha Sunday was pretty uneventful. Just slept in and relaxed the day away. I did workout but that's about the only productive thing I did.