Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Today was W2D1 of the RunDouble distance 5K to 10K plan for me. I was a little anxious about it because the additional distance meant going up another short steep hill then down a longer, steeper hill, then turning around and going back up it. As I expected, the brief walking break took place where it was starting to level out and then I was supposed to run up the steepest part. I couldn't do it and dropped to a walk until I got to the top. From there I was able to complete the rest of the run.

End result: 5.07 miles in 69:41 for a pace of 13:44. So, I was slower but I feel good about just doing it.

I'm thinking that next time I'll keep running when it says to walk at that point and then give myself the walk break after I've turned around and gotten to where it gets steep. Maybe that would be viewed as cheating but I figure it's about the same amount of walking, just delayed a little bit.
    mimi4janda wrote: »
    Did week 4 day 1. I will be on this week for a while. No way I can run and talk at the same time. Got work to do.

No way I can EVER run and talk at the same time unless gasping out single words counts as "talking". If that was a hard and fast rule, I couldn't run. I guess I'm probably a bit better than I once was - if I'm not trying to run up a 10%+ grade then I can probably get a few words out at a time. But, based on the rule that you have to be able to run and talk at the same time, I never would have completed Week 1 of C25K.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Week 4 Day 1... did not run the duration of either 5 min interval. :( How do you decide if/when to repeat a day?

I'd repeat any days I wasn't able to complete. W5 has some longer runs in it so best to be ready!
  • niblue
    Options
    inka912 wrote: »
    hat I can control my speed, and try to run faster than before. So I am aiming for 4mph/6mph walk/run intervals.

I've seen a few folks decide to do C25K again after they'd finished it - either doing the running bits faster this time and/or jogging instead of walking the non-running bits. No reason why that wouldn't work as they should be decent interval sessions.

• niblue
    Options
    mimi4janda wrote: »
    Did week 4 day 1. I will be on this week for a while. No way I can run and talk at the same time. Got work to do.

I did C25K in 2014 and would still struggle to run and talk at the same time - even at my slow run pace!
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've started the c210k app. I've completed D2 of the first week (which is w9d2, continued from c25k). It has been run 10 mins and walk 1min x4. Feels great! I took this on after numerous people on here said it would increase my run time of my 5k. We will see!
  • NancyN795
    Options
    Today was W2D2 of the RunDouble distance 5K to 10K plan. I did as I'd planned and ran during the second walk break and then walked up the steep hill. I'm not sure when I'm going to get to where I can run up that section. Previously my approach has been to only count a week completed if I can run the whole time or distance called for, regardless of terrain, but I think I'm going to make an exception for this particular stretch of mountain.

End result: 5.07 miles in 69:13 for a pace of 13:38. So, just a tiny bit faster than on Monday.
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done :smile:
  • inka912
    edited July 2016
    Options
    And W1D3 done. Feeling good about my intervals speed (4.2mph/6mph) :smile:
  • NancyN795
    Options
    5K to 10K, distance version, W2D3. I was kind of slow, I'm not sure why, but I don't think it matters anyway. It took considerable will power to keep going at times, but I did it. Distance: 5.07 miles in 70:22 for a pace of 13:52.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk at my National Park today (same place I fell and fractured my arm). I mostly walked the 7+ mile loop with a couple of very short run intervals that didn't hurt. Might be able to start running again soon!
  • inka912
    Options
    W2D1 complete!
  • NancyN795
    Options
    5K to 10K; W3D1 today. Wow did that feel like a long way! I still can't run up that one section, but I'm going to try to run up a little bit further each time.

Distance: 5.57 miles in 75:23 for a pace of 13:32.

I think for the time being I'm going to be taking 2 days between runs, instead of 1. I'm not in a hurry to finish and there isn't enough time before the day gets hot to both go for a run and take a walk with my husband. So, more walks, fewer runs.
  • inka912
    Options
    W2D2 finished. I wasn't planning on doing it today but I got to the gym and just felt like running lol :smile:
  • inka912
    Options
    W2D3 finished :smile:
  • NancyN795
    Options
    5K to 10K; W3D2 today. I'd planned on doing 2 days between runs but life happened and it looked like today was the better day to do it, so I did. It was really hard today! I actually gave up and walked sooner on the really, really steep section instead of running a little farther up as I'd intended. In general it took an awful lot of will power to keep running for most of the distance.

Distance: 5.57 miles in 76:09 for a pace of 13:40. It surprises me that my pace was that fast. Not only did I feel slow as molasses, but I stopped and talked to a neighbor during my first walk break.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    w1d3 done today.looking forward to next week.