Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    W5d2 done -- on to day 3! That is if I can get off the couch today - oh, the irony...
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    5K to 10K; W3D3 today. Pretty good run, with a better time today. I still can't maintain a running gait all the way up the one hill, but I made it farther today. Plus I walked a bit on the earlier steep section of the run (which I generally run up very, very slowly). I discovered after I set out that I had my shirt on backwards! That one section of the road is out of sight of any houses, so I slowed to a walk to turn it around.

Distance: 5.57 miles in 74:14 for a pace of 13:19.
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Kiekie007 wrote: »
    W5D3 DONE!!!! I'm so proud of myself! The biggest "warm up" was the mental aspect. I wanted to say I conquered it. I'm looking forward to week 6...

W5d3 is next up for me - scary!

• inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    W3D1 finished :smile:
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Run night! Going for Week 2 - Day 2. Stepped back a day because I haven't ran in awhile, been too addicted to pokemon go, but im ready!
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Breadbar wrote: »
    W5d3 completed! I was surprised, but the program really did enable me to last the 20 minutes. Bring on w6!
    That's great. I'm gonna tackle W5D2 in a few minutes. I've been thinking about W5D3 for a while now. I'm a little afraid of it, and can't wait to kick the crap out of it, all at the same time.
  • Lovemybody75
    Lovemybody75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I finished week 5 d3 yesterday. Didn't think I could jog for 20 min straight. Took music with me. Was super slow! Did 2.2 miles in 31 min. Including the warm up and cool down. Any advice on the speed?
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I finished week 5 d3 yesterday. Didn't think I could jog for 20 min straight. Took music with me. Was super slow! Did 2.2 miles in 31 min. Including the warm up and cool down. Any advice on the speed?
    Just keep doing the program. Your speed with increase as you build your endurance. That is what I was told, and so far it is true. I hate to even admit, but I was at an 18 min mile when I started the program, and now I am between an 11/12 min mile depending on how far I am running. I've been running for about 4 months now, with a 2 week break due to a knee injury.

• rickc74
    Options
    I just did the same run, same distance. I am definately not concerned with time at this point. I'm pretty happy that I am sticking to the program. And, honestly, for the two km in the run that I ran for completely, I was averaging 6 min 30 seconds. That turns into 32.5 minutes for a 5k. The program is set up to do it in 30 minutes. We'll probably be closer than you think by the end.
    And congrats, it ain't easy. Good work!
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Once again I skipped run day to go play pokemon go lol. Im still getting exercise but I need to buckle down! But I really am enjoying the program even if I am a chronic day repeater.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I had to take a few days off because I had a knee problem. I've had knee problems in the past (before I started running), but they were more typical arthritis. This was, apparently, a ligament problem. I don't think my running caused it, but since I could barely walk on Monday after pushing myself to take our usual 5 mile walk, I cut way back. I took Tuesday off completely, then a relatively short, non-hilly walk on Wednesday and then back to the usual 5 mile hill climbing walk yesterday. And, the knee didn't act up again.

So, today, I just did 5K. I could feel it in the knee a little, but now a few hours later the knee isn't bothering me, so I am hopeful that it is healed. Still, I'm not going to jump right back to where I was in the program (which would be 5K to 10K; W4D1) but instead do at least one day of each previous week to ramp back up to where I was.

My stats today: 3.11 miles in 39:26 for a pace of 12:40. The last time I did 5K on that same hill, back in early June, my pace was 14:16! I guess I am improving.
  • rickc74
    Options
    rickc74 wrote: »
    I just did the same run, same distance. I am definately not concerned with time at this point. I'm pretty happy that I am sticking to the program. And, honestly, for the two km in the run that I ran for completely, I was averaging 6 min 30 seconds. That turns into 32.5 minutes for a 5k. The program is set up to do it in 30 minutes. We'll probably be closer than you think by the end.
    And congrats, it ain't easy. Good work!
    Whoops. Meant same run, same time.
  • rickc74
    Options
    Once again I skipped run day to go play pokemon go lol. Im still getting exercise but I need to buckle down! But I really am enjoying the program even if I am a chronic day repeater.

Pokemon is too addictive. I usually play on my recovery walks :)

• rickc74
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I had to take a few days off because I had a knee problem. I've had knee problems in the past (before I started running), but they were more typical arthritis. This was, apparently, a ligament problem. I don't think my running caused it, but since I could barely walk on Monday after pushing myself to take our usual 5 mile walk, I cut way back. I took Tuesday off completely, then a relatively short, non-hilly walk on Wednesday and then back to the usual 5 mile hill climbing walk yesterday. And, the knee didn't act up again.

So, today, I just did 5K. I could feel it in the knee a little, but now a few hours later the knee isn't bothering me, so I am hopeful that it is healed. Still, I'm not going to jump right back to where I was in the program (which would be 5K to 10K; W4D1) but instead do at least one day of each previous week to ramp back up to where I was.

My stats today: 3.11 miles in 39:26 for a pace of 12:40. The last time I did 5K on that same hill, back in early June, my pace was 14:16! I guess I am improving.

Congrats on the pace improvement! Hope the knee is ok.
  • guinevere96
    Options

I do that too! Now that the newness is wearing down a little ill get back into my normal run schedule too lol. Very fun though, I get a lot of distance in.
  • rickc74
    Options

I do that too! Now that the newness is wearing down a little ill get back into my normal run schedule too lol. Very fun though, I get a lot of distance in.
    Haha, definately good for distance. Kills my phone battery, though.