Options

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    topia125 wrote: »
    keesh1123 wrote: »
    Welcome to the EM2WL MFP forum!

Joining a new forum can be daunting (information everywhere!) and it can feel lonely when you are packed between thousands of other members, but we don't want you to feel that way! EM2WL is a family of encouraging members who don't desire to see anyone slip through the cracks!

So that we know you are here :) , please introduce yourself and tell us a little about what brought you here!

Welcome aboard!

Thank you for making inclusion fun and easy!
    I'm 5'1" weighing 199.8 lbs... basically obese according to my bmi... I have pcos and basically just want to take control of my health as much as in my power!

Hi @topia125 good to see you here and so glad to hear you want to try and improve your health.
    This community is very supportive and we are all here for you.
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • salembarksdale
    salembarksdale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm really excited to try this out!! My name is Salem, I'm 25, and I have two children. I gained about 50 pounds dealing with some post partum depression/ anxiety issues. There were a few half hearted attempts to lose it but nothing I could sustain while working full time and being a mom. It's so hard for me to comprehend that eating 2327 (10% cut) calories will help me lose weight. I love lifting and started out with the nrowl4w a few months ago. Today was my first day of eating at a 10% deficit. I'm working my way up to a reset. I can't wait to see what comes of this new found knowledge.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm really excited to try this out!! My name is Salem, I'm 25, and I have two children. I gained about 50 pounds dealing with some post partum depression/ anxiety issues. There were a few half hearted attempts to lose it but nothing I could sustain while working full time and being a mom. It's so hard for me to comprehend that eating 2327 (10% cut) calories will help me lose weight. I love lifting and started out with the nrowl4w a few months ago. Today was my first day of eating at a 10% deficit. I'm working my way up to a reset. I can't wait to see what comes of this new found knowledge.

Welcome to the group! Its hard to believe sometimes how much food we actually need in order to fuel our bodies properly, let alone cut to lose weight. But its true. We have been brainwashed by the diet industry for so long that we think the only way to succeed at this is to eat so little and kill ourselves in the gym. And its not true. Good for you for taking the leap and giving it a go. Starting at cut is a great place to go and then work your way up to a reset. Make sure you take a look through all our handy links and articles on the front of our discussion board here in the forums (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10430416/welcome-to-em2wl-start-here#latest)

if you want to make a jump right to reset, then make sure you read through our guide to help you along to way. http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    Please feel free to ask any questions you have. We are here to help

Kelly
  • mkolmfp
    mkolmfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Marie! I am 21 and I am not super unhappy with my weight (though I would like to lose about 5 pounds) I am more looking to change the way I think about my body and my food. I eat healthy nourishing foods, but I don't eat enough on a daily basis to sustain my activity level (I am a runner) and then find myself sometimes unable to stop eating which makes me feel awful physically and mentally- and these episodes have had a cumulative negative effect on my appearance. Though I try to show myself compassion when this happens I just really want to not feel more in control and like my body and mind are on the same page. I love running and lift fairly regularly to build strength for my running goals and am hoping I will be able to keep doing the work outs I love while training my body to trust me to feed it properly.
  • empressichel
    Options
    mkolmfp wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Marie! I am 21 and I am not super unhappy with my weight (though I would like to lose about 5 pounds) I am more looking to change the way I think about my body and my food. I eat healthy nourishing foods, but I don't eat enough on a daily basis to sustain my activity level (I am a runner) and then find myself sometimes unable to stop eating which makes me feel awful physically and mentally- and these episodes have had a cumulative negative effect on my appearance. Though I try to show myself compassion when this happens I just really want to not feel more in control and like my body and mind are on the same page. I love running and lift fairly regularly to build strength for my running goals and am hoping I will be able to keep doing the work outs I love while training my body to trust me to feed it properly.

Hi Marie @mkolmfp from what you have said about the way you want to think about food it might be worth you looking at doing a metabolism reset http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    It will be the weights that will change how your body looks, as we say here 'cardio for fun, weights to transform!' But obviously if running is your thing and you love it, you need to find a way to incorporate it into your lifestyle. This is a great blog that might help http://eatmore2weighless.com/how-much-cardio-is-too-much/
    Glad to see you here and welcome!
    Ichel
  • empressichel
    Options

Hi Salem @salembarksdale What you describe sounds very similar to when I put on weight after I had my 4th child. It is hard to comprehend that we can eat more and feel and look better as it is contrary to everything we have been brought up hearing from the diet industry! But it really is possible! Check out the stories of others over on our website as living proof that others have been successful and we all had the same doubts that you have when we started!
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/category/testimonials/the-journey/
    SO GOOD to hear that you already love lifting! That will help transform your body like you would not believe. Just stay consistent with it and if you need any new programmes we have loads on the website like the beginners strength training manual ( it's not just for beginners :) )http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/beginner-strength-training-instant/
    Just let us know if you have any questions.
    Ichel
  • andersonlindag
    andersonlindag Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Linda. I've been on MFP for 29 days. I have lost 10 lbs.
    Until I joined MFP I truly had NO IDEA how much I ate everyday. It wasn't huge meals, but just a constant grazing.
    That's the hardest part for me. Staying under the calories, but still feeling full.

I wish I could say that I'm looking to lose x amount of weight, but truth be told I want to FEEL better, LOOK better. I'm not sure there is a magic number on the scale that fits that.

I have four children and I need and want to be the healthiest version of me for them.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi Linda @andersonlindag Welcome to the group! Have you checked out our calcualtor to see how much you should be eating?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/ It's often a lot more than we think!
    And you will find if you adjust your macros to 30% protein that will definitely help with the feeling full.
    Have you checked out the starter kit http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/ as this walks you through the whole process.
    You've got great motivation for getting healthier!
    Any questions you have just let us know.
    Ichel
  • Gr8fulMommy
    Gr8fulMommy Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kara and I'm a 43-year-old homeschooling mom of 10 ages 21 to 5. This group's title peaked my interest one day when I was bemoaning my inability to stick with 1050-1300 calories/day that I thought I should be eating to lose weight. Being able to eat more long-term sure sounds like a good idea!

I have been pouring over the website and I have my "Starter Guide" and The New Rules for Lifting for Women arrived today. (Yeah, I've already read most of that, too.)
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    @Gr8fulMommy welcome Kara! That is exactly the same reason which made we join this forum and started reading through the EM2WL over 5 years ago. The idea of barely eating for the rest of my life trying to maintain a number in the scale just did not sit right with me. There had to be a better way and there is! Good to see you checked out our starter kit and are going for NROLFW! That's an excellent program, you won't need to worry about what to do in the gym for 6 months.

Have you checked us out on Facebook?
    https://www.facebook.com/EM2WL/videos/1168799193172486/
    Feel free to add us I your friends list!
    Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi Kara @Gr8fulMommy welcome to the group. Sounds like you are on the right track already and are all ready to start making changes.
    if you have any questions as you start to implement, we are here for you.
    Ichel
  • mkye04
    mkye04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also back on my journey and in need of some supporters who are going through the process of living a healthier lifestyle.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, @mkye04! The EM2WL free quick start guide (http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/get-your-quick-start-guide/) should definitely be your first stop. Then check out our other annoucements for the most up to date info on EM2WL.

Feel free to send us your questions and friend requests.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • mocast
    mocast Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jenn. My weight has been a roller coaster for a long long time. Obesity runs on my dad's side of the family along with all the health problems that come with it. I recently found myself on the wrong side of the 200 lb mark on my scale. I want to get it under control before it gets completely out of hand. Ultimately, I should lose about 30-40 lbs but I'm trying it in smaller, 10 lb segments. As a preschool teacher and mom to two active boys, I usually choose convenience foods as we're running out the door. I want to learn how to change that and find healthy foods instead. I also have achilles' tendonitis and plantar fasciitis which makes exercise difficult - so that is my next challenge.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi Jenn @mocast Welcome to the group.
    As you say you have a roller coaster history with your weight, I would recommend the best start is to go for a metabolism reset http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    There's lots of info in the stickies above, or getting the starter kit will answer lots of questions and let you know what to expect so you are fully prepared! http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/
    Any questions, feel free to come back and ask.
    Ichel
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @Myke04 Here to support you on your lifestyle changes.
    Glad to have you here.
    Ichel
  • SonicPal
    SonicPal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't had a chance to post recently. My sister and I are (still) on a trip to see a friend we hadn't seen in years. We have been spending most of our time outside walking. What a difference! My lower back had been giving me fits and I think it's a combination of my chair at work and the fact I don't seem to make time to get up and just walk the floor. My sister and I are walking quite a bit and my back hasn't hurt since our arrival on Thursday. Caught up on all the posts and looking forward to trying some of the workouts to which you posted a link, empressichel. Thanks! Love the positive attitudes! Makes me smile; gives me hope!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Awesome @SonicPal Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
    Kelly
  • empressichel
    Options
    So good to hear @SonicPal
    I find the more I sit the more achy and sore my back gets. My back hates sitting still! Pretty hard when you've got a desk job, but I find drinking plenty water = getting up for plenty bathroom visits!:)
    Ichel
  • indiab3
    indiab3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good evening
    My name is India. I am very happy to have come across this group on MFP. I am so tired of not seeing results. I have been working at losing weight for the past 4 yrs. Since baby #5 was born. I was with WW before and it was working, after my son came I wasn't able to obtain the same results. But I have refused to give up. I have way too many eyes on me. (my babies) I recently have been paying more attention to my fitbit and noticed that I was burning between 2500 calories to 3000 a day. I was only eating around 1200 to maybe 1500. I thought that the deficit was good. Seeing that I was doing this and not seeing any loses I began to realize there was a problem. Out of fear I was afraid to change, afraid to eat more. I didn't trust that the fitbit was correct although I lived by it for my steps. I upped my intake to 1800 calories based on information I found on the your website but I'm not sure if that is enough. getting on the scale to see if it is working is not an option at this time. It may scare me too much.
    Thanks to the website Kiki and the group I have began lifting weights and i have found it to be very enjoyable. I cut back my cardio slightly. I'm afraid to give that up totally.
    I'm glad to be here! I feel like I can be successful with this group. The support I feel is incredible.