Scale, why should I dump thee? Let me count the ways....

Options

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    @dmariet116 - Yeah, there is a certain fatigue factor that sets in. But stick with it and that new fur/convertible/magic bullet will be yours!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Hmm.... Are you hanging out in pre-schools, cemeteries, or a school for the blind?
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Hmm.... Are you hanging out in pre-schools, cemeteries, or a school for the blind?

No. I don't think there's a nicer term for idiocy.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    You had me at the Shakespearean post title.

Nitpick -- not Shakespearean. Elizabeth Barrett Browning was the one who wrote the "How Do I Love Thee?" poem in the 1800s. :)

I might have had to memorize and recite that poem in high school....
  • RalfLott
    edited July 2016
    Options
    He must have been reading our scale-hating minds (not including yours, @dmariet116....)

That Lying, Cheating, Dream Crushing, Scale

"It does not tell you about fat loss.. plus it's expensive, and it defeats your whole attitude."

(It's worth watching - there's also good info on nutrient deficiencies...)

https://youtu.be/1SnR5-SBXBc
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This post made me laugh! Thank you for the cultured humour. Scales are something.. Here's my question. I weigh 10pounds less than I did last week. Eventhough I've limited carbs to 20-30 grams for two weeks now, I don't trust my scale. Is it possible to lose 10pounds in one week?
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott I love Butter Bob!!!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Yeah, he's great. There are only a few of his vids I haven't really liked, which is unusual, and he's not trying to peddle supplements, proprietary fasting programs, magic copper underwear, etc.

I appreciate the earnest, informal talking and the absence of those da*ned white lab coats. He's a smart guy, and his horizons are wider than you'd imagine at first listen.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    *crickets*

LOL Just kidding! I haven't done that, but I have zero'd mine out a couple of times and even changed the batteries when I didn't like what it had to say, just in case it was fubar'd...
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Anyone else try the scale in a dozen places in the house to find that perfect spot where you weigh the least?

No? Just me?

Mine's in the bathroom near the sink. If I'm not really careful, I might end up leaning on the sink....
  • RalfLott
    Options
    I just keep it in the same spot. And get nekkid. Every morning. And then get on and off three times. It's my morning ritual! Lol
    Going back to my crazy corner now!

Are you still following this nekkid ritual?
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I just keep it in the same spot. And get nekkid. Every morning. And then get on and off three times. It's my morning ritual! Lol
    Going back to my crazy corner now!

Lol I do the same morning ritual.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    bump I need a reminder lol