Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@CLEPANT - Yay for all of the great news!!! :drinker:

@TAXMOM9093 - OUCH! Sorry that happened! What came to my mind was wondering if you have been getting enough electrolytes, sodium, magnesium, potassium, etc in your diet lately? As hot and humid as it has been the past few weeks, you've likely been sweating a lot of those out and may be low.... But now that you've had that muscle lock up so tight, you'll need to be careful until it releases and heals. Try foam rolling it or take a regular baking rolling pin and give it a good massage too. Even better if you can get hubby or someone to do it for you as another person would have better leverage to really work deeply into your calf muscle. Then gentle stretching and strengthening exercises. My fave? Calf raises on some stairs. Do them with both feet at the same time until you are sure you're healed. Then if you want, in a couple more weeks you could isolate and do them single-footed to increase the workout and make it harder. Good luck! :drinker:

Dave
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    @clepant Glad everyone and their assorted parts are healthy.

12 miles in cycling class

exercise.png

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    Walked w/DH yesterday and today. Helped DDD in her 1st grade classroom setting thing up for the sub that takes over for her when school starts the 16th. Baby can come any day now. :D

08/09 - 6.53
    08/10 - 7.76

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a fine Thursday.

Chris
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    08/08 - 01.0 miles walking
    08/09 - 02.0 miles walking
    08/10 - 19.0 miles cycling

Total: 122.0 miles

exercise.png
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Well so much for checking in more regularly! :/ I'm adding 14 miles to bring me up to date.

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.72 miles walked

44.71 miles walked to date
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Got in 11 today. 3 miles walking with furries before it got hot & 8 on ex bike before going to get the other grandson. My miles are 56. For some reason my copy & pasting is not transferring. I tried 3 times.

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Adding 24 miles for 24 out of 360. Yes, I upped it from 350 to 360.

@Clepant - Hope everything went well.

Adding 31 miles for 55 out of 360.

Adding 17 miles for 72 out of 360

Adding 13 miles for 85 out of 360
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    11 Aug 6.2 miles

MTD 79.8 miles

@taxmom9093 Hope the calf is starting to settle for you
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Added 1.2 miles yesterday mainly hospital corridors with OH
    New ttd 9 miles
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    @Dave Thanks for the suggestions. This same muscle started complaining a couple of weeks ago and I upped my electrolytes and stretching then (OK, honestly I could have been more dedicated with the stretching). But you're right, the weather has been brutal, and more electrolytes might have been helpful. The good news today is that I can walk without shooting pain and stretch it gently (stair raises are still out for now, maybe by early next week).

I also discovered I can ride my bike if I let my right leg and hip take most of the load and I keep the calf wrapped for a little extra support. Plus the bike made a nice crutch for the short walk I took in the middle of that ride.

Added 5.5 miles yesterday, 3.75 miles on the bike and 1.75 miles walking (the walking was less than a half mile at a time and very, very slow and gentle to keep my other muscles from stiffening up too much). August total 40 miles

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    The plan yesterday was to ride from work to a co-workers house with her, then ride back by myself. We were about a mile from her house when the sky opened up and we got drenched! We loaded my bike in her truck and she drove me back to work in the rain.
    :D
    Adding 7.47 miles.

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 6.41 miles

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    August 11
    26.00 miles
    319.23 miles MTD
  • Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    27 miles
    MTD
    48 miles
    I have doctor appointment Wednesday to schedule upcoming surgery and it will be 4-6 weeks recovery time . I know I will be able to complete this month challenged not sure for Seotmber and November .
    So if you do not hear from me I have not drop out will not be able to go at any intentisty .
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    8/8 6.50 miles
    8/9 7 miles

As of 8/9 67 miles of 150 miles

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    4.3 mile walk. Something in the woods made a huge rustle and scared me. I think it was Bigfoot. In my subdivision :wink:

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.