August 2016 Move Your @ss Challenge

Replies

• belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    ... 4.5 mile run this evening!

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,258 Member
    Last week was a bit different for me as my DDD is expecting our first grandchild any day now, and she is also a 1st Grade Teacher. We were in her classroom last week setting up for the sub who will be coming in to cover for her when school starts this coming Wednesday. Since it's too hot in the afternoon for her, we went right after I walked in the morning. I didn't get in any biking miles or exercise DVDs done. I felt like I was cheating!! It was funny!

Today was normal. Walked w/DH then got on the recumbent for 13.75 miles in 51 mins and an episode of Ray Donovan then worked out to a 30 min kettlebell DVD.

08/11 - 7.28 miles
    08/12 - 1.59 miles
    08/13 - 6.13 miles
    08/13 - 13.75 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a fun Sunday!

Chris
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,769 Member

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,903 Member
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congratulations to Tazzythatsme on making goal. Sorry you'll be out of commission.

Vhuber - makes me tired just thinking about it!

Sussexbythesea - glad you're able to get around a little but don't overdo it.

As for me, I haven't moved as much as I'd like but I'm hanging in there, just barely. Tomorrow I'm supposed to run the annual local 5k but it's supposed to be like 100F out so I may be walking.

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    On Thursday I was doing a ride in two halves. Well I didn't make the second half. There was an accident, there were perimedics, there was Lifeflight to Portland OR and 2 days in the hospital. I am home now, but doc says off the bike for two weeks. Brand new helmet, 2 weeks old. Getting a replacement, Oh well that is what I have a turbo trainer for. I just don't know if I will make 275 mile goal this month. I am going to give it hell for my mileage goal, but I am just not sure how this is going to play out yet.

08/08 - 01.0 miles walking
    08/09 - 02.0 miles walking
    08/10 - 19.0 miles cycling
    08/11 - 18.0 miles cycling (and crashing)
    08/12 - 01.0 miles dragging the nurse around the hospital
    08/13 - 01.0 miles walking with my friend slowly

Total: 142.0 miles

exercise.png

Still in trama care

v5zavea5xcev.jpg
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,344 Member
    @anaconda469: Oh my...ouch and double ouch! I am glad you are okay....but gal two nasty accidents would make me think. Be glad for that helmet. My PT told me that my helmet would not save my head going downhill at 48 mph. It made me take a look at the risk and I stopped racing in triathlons. Hope you fell better soon.

• clepant
    Aug. 13: Adding 31.52 miles of cycling 28.02 miles and walking 3.5 Miles.
    TTD: 180.05 miles

exercise.png

@Janet: Good luck tomorrow. Take it slow in the heat.
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Adding 6 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,190 Member
    Adding 24 miles for 24 out of 360. Yes, I upped it from 350 to 360.

@Clepant - Hope everything went well.

Adding 31 miles for 55 out of 360.

Adding 17 miles for 72 out of 360

Adding 13 miles for 85 out of 360

Adding 18 miles for 103 out of 360

Adding 73 miles for 176 out of 360.
  • sufferlandrian
    Adding 24 miles for 24 out of 360. Yes, I upped it from 350 to 360.

@Clepant - Hope everything went well.

Adding 31 miles for 55 out of 360.

Adding 17 miles for 72 out of 360

Adding 13 miles for 85 out of 360

Adding 18 miles for 103 out of 360

Adding 73 miles for 176 out of 360.

Missed a day. Adding 16 miles for 192 out of 360.
  • sufferlandrian
    Susan, You need to evaluate whether road biking in your city is like committing suicide. Glad you're going to heal, but maybe you should stick to the mountain bike. :smile:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited August 2016
    4.05 miles walked yesterday

54.46 miles walked to date
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    adding 6.13 miles

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    @anaconda469 Ouch!! I'm so sorry. Hope you heal fast and soon.

I managed 2 miles of laps around the halls at work. I also got to study for my Advanced Cardiac Life Support renewal, plank in an empty room with a couple of the coworkers, read pages and pages of the MFP forums, check Facebook more times than one should be on it and do a couple of jigsaw puzzles on my Magic Puzzles app. Definitely one of my better shifts.

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Oh anaconda, I'm so sorry!!! Please take care and I hope you heal quickly!

I'm here, I e been moving but not updating, sorry! I'm trying not to drown in workload and work stress and drama. My school district's Union may strike any day. It's crazy. We teachers have to turn in our keys daily and check them out each day. I guess the many many of us work in our classrooms on the weekends, I guess we have weekends off now!! Oh well. It is ugly how we are being treated, and I sure hope for our students' sake that it's resolved soon

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,903 Member
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Anaconda - Ouch! Another very scary one. I'm with Dean, maybe mountain biking. Don't worry about your miles at this point. Just get well. You usually end with so many over goal I think you will be fine, but if it's close we'll all help you and donate bonus miles.

Kar328 - you deserve an easy shift! You work so hard most of the time.

Scarfe - sorry you have to go through that. Enjoy the weekend off I guess!

As for me, I thought about not showing up for the 5k. I was wondering what the point was - it was going to be so hot and I was going to be so slow. I went anyway and I ran just under a 12 minute mile, which is slow for me, and do you know what? I came in second in my division! I got a medal and everything. Just goes to show, never give up!!! I guess there are advantages to being old LOL.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Hey get well soon anaconda your poor face...and yes I am taking it steady though hoping for at least a couple of miles a day next week
  • clepant
    scarfe9991 wrote: »
    Oh anaconda, I'm so sorry!!! Please take care and I hope you heal quickly!

I'm here, I e been moving but not updating, sorry! I'm trying not to drown in workload and work stress and drama. My school district's Union may strike any day. It's crazy. We teachers have to turn in our keys daily and check them out each day. I guess the many many of us work in our classrooms on the weekends, I guess we have weekends off now!! Oh well. It is ugly how we are being treated, and I sure hope for our students' sake that it's resolved soon

exercise.png

Oh Scarfe: I am so sorry to hear this. We went on strike at my current district before we were limited to how many days we could be out. It was 30 years ago. It was awful even though we walked three days. We were treated horribly for the next year or two. Now we have been in early settlements since that time. I am so glad this will be my last working contract. I will keep your situation in prayer.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    3.75 miles walked today

58.21 miles walked to date
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,794 Member
    August 12
    3 miles
    August 13
    2 miles
    August 14
    28.87 miles