LCD Chat...

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member

LOL! I love Seinfeld, Friends, Fraser, Mad About You, Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother... pretty much all sitcoms in that vein... and can't stand the office or P&R or anything that style... I have a theory that I'm missing the awkward humour gene... I try to like it but it's not funny to me at all, yet so many people love it...

I like all the ones you mentioned that you like, EXCEPT Seinfeld. Fraser was one of my favorites. I like Big Bang but we don't watch it anymore because of my kids haha. Can't do The Office, never tried P&R because of the very painfully dorky, awkward humor thing too. Makes me cringe. Hello there, Almost-Twinsie.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    I prefer crime myself, but must admit to having used to watch Friends, Seinfeld and Big Bang Theory, currently I am enjoying Braindead and cannot wait for Lucifer to come back for a second series!

I have yet to watch The Office but my OH insists we should go and see the new movie that is just out, so I guess I will discover then just how cringeworthy David Brent really is.

What TV series can you not do without?
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    @anewlifeat40 & Phrick: I, too, love all of those shows. Right now I am hooked on the Olympics and the old,old, reruns of Forensic Files!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    supergal3 wrote: »
    @anewlifeat40 & Phrick: I, too, love all of those shows. Right now I am hooked on the Olympics and the old,old, reruns of Forensic Files!

I love the Forensic Files! I am a true crime follower but i had leave ID channel alone for awhile because it was too graphic for my 8 year old. I dont watch Primetime TV, mostly cable cuz my kids run the TVs lol. I love Golden Girls though. I dont care that ive seen every episode like a thousand times. :)
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    What TV series can you not do without?

Gilmore Girls. I've watched the whole series twice... I can't WAIT for the new release in the fall... SQUEEEEEEE!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    genmon00 wrote: »

I love the Forensic Files! I am a true crime follower but i had leave ID channel alone for awhile

I love forensic files, medical detectives, stalker from hell... my OH says if he ever needs to kill someone he'll get advice from me on how to get away with it lol I just find it fascinating.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    I can't believe anyone doesn't love Seinfeld. It never got old for me. But I haven't seen it in 15 years, so I suppose it could be different to start watching it now. All the characters were perfectly eccentric and neurotic - yep, loved it.

Today was leg day. I used my highest dumbbell weights to date: 30 lbs. My little wrists and arms could hardly manage them, but my legs are getting strong and can take more. Just trying to lift them off the rack each time makes me realize how much of an impact it is to have been/still be carrying around so much extra weight.
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    @Bonny132 I'm a watcher and reader of mysteries, too. My recent favorite, besides regularly watched UK series, was "River." Thanks for the "Braindead" suggestion. I watch sci-fi with my RPG enthusiast spouse, so I may take a peek while he's at DnD tonight to see if it's something he might watch with me.
  • genmon00
    edited August 2016
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    genmon00 wrote: »

I love the Forensic Files! I am a true crime follower but i had leave ID channel alone for awhile

I love forensic files, medical detectives, stalker from hell... my OH says if he ever needs to kill someone he'll get advice from me on how to get away with it lol I just find it fascinating.

Hahaha remind me to stay on your good side! I was addicted to the website Crimelibrary till they took it down :(

• genmon00
    Today was leg day. I used my highest dumbbell weights to date: 30 lbs. My little wrists and arms could hardly manage them, but my legs are getting strong and can take more. Just trying to lift them off the rack each time makes me realize how much of an impact it is to have been/still be carrying around so much extra weight.

AWESOME! The workout i did today, the instructor was using 25 lbs and Im over here dying with my 8 lbs dumbells! One day I will get there!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    See I love Seinfeld and I also love the Office, P&R, and Arrested Development. I guess I like awkward humor.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    jmd543 wrote: »
    @Bonny132 I'm a watcher and reader of mysteries, too. My recent favorite, besides regularly watched UK series, was "River." Thanks for the "Braindead" suggestion. I watch sci-fi with my RPG enthusiast spouse, so I may take a peek while he's at DnD tonight to see if it's something he might watch with me.

I loved River!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Morning all!!
    It's Thirsty Thursday!!

So this week I've been pushing my drinks. My bright idea was to bring back an oldie but goodie IMHO.
    GGMS!! Oh my gosh I forgot was a great drink this is!!
    Every morning I'm boiling my water when I get up. Place 3 to 4 bags of preferred tea. I've been using Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger.
    Ive got a container that holds 64 oz so I fill halfway with bags and hot water. Let that steep for a while.
    Now the good part!
    Add to the tea:
    1tsp coconut extract
    1tsp banana extract
    1 tsp raspberry extract
    3tbsp ACV
    @2 tsp ground ginger fresh or powdered
    Top with water to fill container.

Shake and pour over ice. Drink with a straw!
    Never occurred to me to add my salt to this but I'm trying today!

If you like this do a search for GGMS there are tons of recipes for this from Faux MT Dew to fruity blends! This one is by far my favorite!!

Do you have a favorite drink recipe? Let's share!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Forgot to mention I sweeten my glasses to taste as I go.
  • Phrick
    had to google "GGMS" haha - sounds intriguing!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Haha!
    @Phrick sorry, maybe I'll explain a bit more.
    GGMS: Good Girl Moonshine
    It's originally from the Trim Healthy Mama WOE. I tried it last year and was seeing results, however, too many special ingredients and keeping track of all the different types of meals and such drove my off the track so easily!
    But, when I get stuck on ideas for meals I will do a search for S meals or deep S meals. One go to meal I've carried over is the Big Mac Salad.... Oh my!! Maybe I will make up some extra patties this weekend to have that for lunches next week!
  • Phrick
    my favorite drink has to be my morning "ballistic chai tea" (since "Bulletproof" is an actual brand/product line!). I brew 10 bags of Sweet Chai of Mine tea in 6 cups of boiled water for about 20 min, then pour into a half gallon jug and add 1 can of full fat coconut milk. This is my base for the week. Then each morning I heat up about 12 oz and blend it with 2 Tbsp of heavy cream, 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and 1 Tbsp of MCT oil. It's just sweet enough to hit the spot and keeps me full for hours and hours.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Interesting, I have a box of chai in my health cabinet.... Thinking I might give that a try!
  • genmon00
    Phrick wrote: »
    my favorite drink has to be my morning "ballistic chai tea" (since "Bulletproof" is an actual brand/product line!). I brew 10 bags of Sweet Chai of Mine tea in 6 cups of boiled water for about 20 min, then pour into a half gallon jug and add 1 can of full fat coconut milk. This is my base for the week. Then each morning I heat up about 12 oz and blend it with 2 Tbsp of heavy cream, 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and 1 Tbsp of MCT oil. It's just sweet enough to hit the spot and keeps me full for hours and hours.

omg I have to try this! I experimented with chai tea last night ave it was sooooo good!
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Morning all!!
    It's Thirsty Thursday!!

So this week I've been pushing my drinks. My bright idea was to bring back an oldie but goodie IMHO.
    GGMS!! Oh my gosh I forgot was a great drink this is!!
    Every morning I'm boiling my water when I get up. Place 3 to 4 bags of preferred tea. I've been using Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger.
    Ive got a container that holds 64 oz so I fill halfway with bags and hot water. Let that steep for a while.
    Now the good part!
    Add to the tea:
    1tsp coconut extract
    1tsp banana extract
    1 tsp raspberry extract
    3tbsp ACV
    @2 tsp ground ginger fresh or powdered
    Top with water to fill container.

Shake and pour over ice. Drink with a straw!
    Never occurred to me to add my salt to this but I'm trying today!

If you like this do a search for GGMS there are tons of recipes for this from Faux MT Dew to fruity blends! This one is by far my favorite!!

Do you have a favorite drink recipe? Let's share!!

I do not have a favorite drink at this moment...but I believe later on in the day I will acquire a few interesting drink recipes to try! :#