Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• VictoriaEllis1984
    Options
    I'm in!! Im trying to get down to 15% body fat, so aiming for about 64-65kg. I'm currently sitting at 68kg. I've lost 11.9kg in the last 3 months when I was diagnosed with a crappy autoimmune disease. They put me on predisolone and I slapped the contents of the fridge between two sluces of bread and my weight exploded!! I'm now on 20mg which still gives real nasty hunger craving but I think I have that nailed now. I fall off the horse from time to time when I get emotional about my illness, so this group will really help keep me focused.

Did a good swim training session today, 3.4km in 60 minutes. 8 x 400m with 50m sprint per set. 200m warm down. Lagged off the time towards the end so consistancy with time to work on.

Net carbs 46g
    Fat 108g
    Protein 160g (bit high today, i'm so full!!)

Today the scales shifted at last!!! Whoop whoop!
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    well I spent t tje nigjt in tje er so I didn't get to exercise but I think I did good considering. I'm down my 50 lbs as of today and one pound into my 25 by Christmas. had a few hours sleep worked today amd am headed back to er. trying to do best I can with what I have. I'm dying to get back to my exercise tomorrow....can't wait!! I'm almost as exited to sleep tonight as I am to exercise tomorrow.

thanks for the encouragement.

shadow feel better.

YAY 50 lbs down, great job, be very proud.

Do tell us about your training :)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I'm in!! Im trying to get down to 15% body fat, so aiming for about 64-65kg. I'm currently sitting at 68kg. I've lost 11.9kg in the last 3 months when I was diagnosed with a crappy autoimmune disease. They put me on predisolone and I slapped the contents of the fridge between two sluces of bread and my weight exploded!! I'm now on 20mg which still gives real nasty hunger craving but I think I have that nailed now. I fall off the horse from time to time when I get emotional about my illness, so this group will really help keep me focused.

Did a good swim training session today, 3.4km in 60 minutes. 8 x 400m with 50m sprint per set. 200m warm down. Lagged off the time towards the end so consistancy with time to work on.

Net carbs 46g
    Fat 108g
    Protein 160g (bit high today, i'm so full!!)

Today the scales shifted at last!!! Whoop whoop!

Hi Victoria and welcome!

It's def not easy what you're going through and happy you're joined us, losing weight is a big game changer, you'll be amazed of how amazing you'll feel, it's not easy but def worth the hard work so stay strong.

and you're doing a great job with swimming, when I was a little girl I had a very weak immune system, I'm always sick the whole winter and missed school till my parents found a near by Olympic swimming pool team and they registered me, within 6 months my health changed, my first competition I got the 1st place with a new time record haha, swimming might have saved my life ;)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Day 6 for me
    It was shoulder day, moderate weights high reps trisets, my FAVORITE!
    also did abs and 1 hr spinning (30 min mountain bike and 30 min flat spin)

carbs 52g
    fat 50g
    protein 105g

water 3L
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Not going to log my day yet because it hasn't officially started yet, lol.

But I've just got bodily confirmation that I am indeed in deep ketosis.

Welcome back!.... Keto rash.... :lol:
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    Today's handsome post I mean motivation post ;)
    ruwq2og5jr0t.jpeg

:love:
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    Macro Split for today is:

Fat - 67% (124g)
    Protein - 21% (88g)
    Carbs - 12% (51g - 26g NET)

It was leg day today! We did 50min of weight lifting, with active rests (jumping jacks, jogging and sprinting). Cooldown was 10min treadmill walking. And when I got home I went for another 40min walk.

I was craving chocolate today. Still am. Lol
    Bought a sugar free (yet not so low carb - meh) chocolate bar. Luckily I ate it before my walk so I think I burned it off.

And tonight's dessert is "chocolate paste" - unsweetend cocoa powder mixed with some sweetener, flavoured extract, and a small amount of water and milk to make a paste. Yum.

Hope you are all doing well today! :wink:
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Craving chocolate might be deficiency of magnesium.

Or it's time for a chocolate bar lol

Check with your dr. Blood test maybe.
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    My dr is too incompetent to do blood tests. I once went to ask him for a check up in that regard...and he said that the only test a woman ever needs to do is a pap smear. :angry:

I haven't gone back to him since. I'd much rather self-treat. But you're right about the magnesium maybe. Although I did take a supplement today. Oh well. Lol
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    You need a new dr. You have to do blood test from now and then. Checking everything, magnesium, iron, the thyroid etc

Women lose iron every month with period.

Honestly, when it comes to supplements I ask my practitioner. He explain why I'm feeling like this and why he's recommending this etc. As for my dr, she asked me why I lift heavy weights, I was shocked, I just looked at her and said "osteoporosis" lol
  • VictoriaEllis1984
    VictoriaEllis1984 Posts: 45 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi Victoria and welcome!

It's def not easy what you're going through and happy you're joined us, losing weight is a big game changer, you'll be amazed of how amazing you'll feel, it's not easy but def worth the hard work so stay strong.

and you're doing a great job with swimming, when I was a little girl I had a very weak immune system, I'm always sick the whole winter and missed school till my parents found a near by Olympic swimming pool team and they registered me, within 6 months my health changed, my first competition I got the 1st place with a new time record haha, swimming might have saved my life ;)

Thank you for the lovely welcome and kind words!! Sounds like you are quite the machine in the pool! I have to admit, I feel much better now the weight is shifted. i am back down to where I was about 5 years ago!! Apart from being able to fit back in my cloths, I feel much better within myself!

So....today's update.

I have entered the masters county champs for 50m Fly, 100m IM and 50m crawl. So training will start ramping up for D-day on 9th October.

Took the dogs for 1.8m walk. Got there and back in one piece and felt OK - joints behaving (anything land based wipes me out for some reason - stupid disease!)

Went to the gym and did 4200m in 20 minutes on the rowing machine - best so far, felt strong, but wasn't pushing it.

Spent 50 mins working on shoulders. Really loving the weights, feels liberating! Starting to see and feel the difference in the pool and the actual lifting of the weights.

Net Carbs 57g (had 2 Werthers Originals left in the car - couldn't resist!)
    Fat 96g
    Protein 105g (this is much better as trying to reduce to 100g a day)

Have a relaxing weekend everyone!

• VictoriaEllis1984
    Options

And tonight's dessert is "chocolate paste" - unsweetend cocoa powder mixed with some sweetener, flavoured extract, and a small amount of water and milk to make a paste. Yum.

Have you tried mixing a tbsp of cocoa powder with 100g of Greek yogurt (I use FAGE Greek Yogurt as really think) and then sweeten to taste with whatever sweetener you use. Its like a chocolate creamy pud!!

• Shadowmf023
    Options

Have you tried mixing a tbsp of cocoa powder with 100g of Greek yogurt (I use FAGE Greek Yogurt as really think) and then sweeten to taste with whatever sweetener you use. Its like a chocolate creamy pud!!

Yup I do that often!
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    You need a new dr. You have to do blood test from now and then. Checking everything, magnesium, iron, the thyroid etc

Women lose iron every month with period.

Honestly, when it comes to supplements I ask my practitioner. He explain why I'm feeling like this and why he's recommending this etc. As for my dr, she asked me why I lift heavy weights, I was shocked, I just looked at her and said "osteoporosis" lol

He's the only one in my town. The nearest one is a 2hr drive away.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    well I spent t tje nigjt in tje er so I didn't get to exercise but I think I did good considering. I'm down my 50 lbs as of today and one pound into my 25 by Christmas. had a few hours sleep worked today amd am headed back to er. trying to do best I can with what I have. I'm dying to get back to my exercise tomorrow....can't wait!! I'm almost as exited to sleep tonight as I am to exercise tomorrow.

shadow feel better.

well to date I have been swimming. I do about 100 laps or so with fins and a kick board in Sprints. so I do 10 fasst then I do 15 pull ups on the diving board so I keep alternating till I have done all the pool exercises gutting 45 of each I do diving board pull ups and a few different exercises with pool weights...when I started I could only do 5 laps total. I love it but I now need land exercise it's getting cold.

I hurt my back yesterday putting daughters wheel chair in the car so I'm going to swim today but pretty low key.
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This week was so frustrating as the scale didn't budge for three days in a row lol. I don't know why I let it bother me - in less than two weeks its down 7 pounds so I shouldnt be complaining.

I also hit 205 pounds on my deadlift this week which is super amazing!!! I love feeling strong. I actually had a friend say last night she doesn't want to lift heavy weights because she doesn't want to look like a man :o I defenitely don't look like a man!!
  • MoonKat7
    Options

shadow feel better.

well to date I have been swimming. I do about 100 laps or so with fins and a kick board in Sprints. so I do 10 fasst then I do 15 pull ups on the diving board so I keep alternating till I have done all the pool exercises gutting 45 of each I do diving board pull ups and a few different exercises with pool weights...when I started I could only do 5 laps total. I love it but I now need land exercise it's getting cold.

I hurt my back yesterday putting daughters wheel chair in the car so I'm going to swim today but pretty low key.

I hope your back feel better soon and nice workout
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    merflan wrote: »
    This week was so frustrating as the scale didn't budge for three days in a row lol. I don't know why I let it bother me - in less than two weeks its down 7 pounds so I shouldnt be complaining.

I also hit 205 pounds on my deadlift this week which is super amazing!!! I love feeling strong. I actually had a friend say last night she doesn't want to lift heavy weights because she doesn't want to look like a man :o I defenitely don't look like a man!!

Wow niceeeeee deadlift.

Yeah lifting heavy will make us look like a man and cupcakes will give us abs loooool ;)