LCD Chat...

Replies

• PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    edited September 2016
    supergal3 wrote: »
    @PamamaJane : I love your new photo, but miss the hat!!

Thanks!

My hobbies of choice are knitting and crocheting. Any other yarn fanatics here? If not, what other hobby or hobbies are represented in this group?

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    PamamaJane wrote: »

Thanks!

My hobbies of choice are knitting and crocheting. Any other yarn fanatics here? If not, what other hobby or hobbies are represented in this group?

I like crocheting but I'm mechanically challenged lol I have to really really try to even get a couple of stitches lol
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    I get the Iowa thing. I live in WV and most people have no idea we are a separate state from VA. If they do know then they seem to think we are all inbred monsters or toothless hillbillies like in the movie Wrong Turn. lol
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Just showing my sorry face in here. Bought some trail mix this weekend. It's very low carb friendly if I feed half the raisins to my husband or kids... And if I don't eat the whole package in 2 days.

Feeling pretty icky tonight (2 days later). But I have picked up my socks and I'm back at it again today...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    @anglyn1. 4 of my best friends are from WV. 2 now live here in NC but the other 2 are still there in the Charleston area. They all have their teeth. :p
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member

Thanks!

I like to knit but am not very good. And I can only do it in the winter. It's a cold weather hobby to me.

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member

Thanks!

I am trying to learn to knit. My greatest regret was never to learn from my grandmothers, so now I have started to subscribe to a knitting magazine to teach myself.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Morning everybody!
    We've reached our midweek point!

Tore my poor ignored medication box apart and no vitamin c. So I picked up two new bottles last night! I'm feeling the slightest bit better today but still extremely yucky. I even slept in a bit today, hit snooze (which I almost never do) woke up 45 minutes later! So much for my extra time this morning!
    I'm still doing my morning weight but pretty much just making note of it since it showed an increase and now trickling back to my numbers from the beginning of the week. I'm just a big ball of yuck this week.

Keeping up with the thread...

I used to crochet back in the day before my fibro diagnosis. My passion was needlepoint though. Haven't done any of that in a while. I'd have to say my hobbies as of late are gardening and journaling.

@Phrick I am still your twin. I'm a big baby when it comes to the dentist. I'm actually still cowering in a corner because I've got my dental insurance but haven't gone yet and it's been almost a year! What's stupid is that I know I have two bad teeth that need fixing! I just cannot get myself to walk into one!
  • PamamaJane
    Bonny132 wrote: »

Thanks!

I am trying to learn to knit. My greatest regret was never to learn from my grandmothers, so now I have started to subscribe to a knitting magazine to teach myself.

Check out YouTube for how to videos. Very Pink Knits is one of the better ones.

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited September 2016
    Morning everybody!

@Phrick I am still your twin. I'm a big baby when it comes to the dentist. I'm actually still cowering in a corner because I've got my dental insurance but haven't gone yet and it's been almost a year! What's stupid is that I know I have two bad teeth that need fixing! I just cannot get myself to walk into one!

Ah, @ProCoffeenator that blows. I hate that I have this fear and i hate that anyone else has it, too. Appointment got moved up to 9:00 (was previously at 10). There is a greater-than-85% chance that I will puke in the next 3 hours and 15 minutes before walking in. I just hope it is BEFORE I take all the valium and not AFTER.

But on the brighter side for you, at least you have dental insurance. We're 100% out of pocket on all this.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    @kpk54 I am about an hour from Charleston! I also sport a full set of teeth...all originals even! :wink: Like @Phrick I'm a baby about dental visits but I still make them! lol
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    @anglyn1. They are in Teay's Valley and Hurricane. Awesome, fun folks. I may be up there for Halloween again this year. That "hippy pic" in my profile is from last year. I've probably made 100 trips through that side of WV over the years going back home to PA. 77 to 19 to 79. Happy to say i never got a speeding ticket through those speed traps on 19.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member

Thanks!

You have patience far beyond mine to knit and crochet! I don't have tons of time for hobbies these days considering the ranch and the children but: My hobbies include reading, tabletop games like D&D and electronic games like anything Elderscrolls. I can be very crafty but I've put that all aside for a long time now. I can do things like make rose bouquets out of money, I make my own ribbon bows for gifts, can create flower arrangements (like for weddings), etc.
  • PamamaJane
    edited September 2016
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    You have patience far beyond mine to knit and crochet! I don't have tons of time for hobbies these days considering the ranch and the children but: My hobbies include reading, tabletop games like D&D and electronic games like anything Elderscrolls. I can be very crafty but I've put that all aside for a long time now. I can do things like make rose bouquets out of money, I make my own ribbon bows for gifts, can create flower arrangements (like for weddings), etc.

It's not patience as much as retirement. Just one more benefit on the side of being old.

Somehow I suspected you had a creative facet there somewhere.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    If not, what other hobby or hobbies are represented in this group?

i'm crafty as far as my computer will take me :) I digital scrapbook and love it. I also play bass & guitar in a couple Jesus Culture bands.

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    @PamamaJane thank you for the tip, much appreciated. I will learn one day. I am just incredibly slow! My grandmothers could knit a jumper in no time.

I also love reading, but today we had a team building day, so spent the day building and racing chariots. It was hilarious. I am now covered in muck and in need of disinfecting but it was worth the laughs and fun we had.

As for the dentist, it reduces me to a quivering wreck, a cry baby and a biter. My dentist is lucky he's still got all his fingers intact! I am a nightmare!

icjo1w5rz3c6.jpg

m4d14edqe74q.jpg
  • Phrick
    well that didn't take long at the dentist - less than 45 min start to finish. And I have no idea what the hell my body has against sleep but you'd think that with 10mg of Valium in my system to deal with the dentist appointment, I would have slept ages when I got home. Nope - 20 minutes is it. GAH!!! *&^%&^%$E%$#%&(&^%$^$*^$%!!!!!
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    @PamamaJane thank you for the tip, much appreciated. I will learn one day. I am just incredibly slow! My grandmothers could knit a jumper in no time.

I also love reading, but today we had a team building day, so spent the day building and racing chariots. It was hilarious. I am now covered in muck and in need of disinfecting but it was worth the laughs and fun we had.

As for the dentist, it reduces me to a quivering wreck, a cry baby and a biter. My dentist is lucky he's still got all his fingers intact! I am a nightmare!

icjo1w5rz3c6.jpg

m4d14edqe74q.jpg

This looks like my house! From the knitting to the black kitty making sure I'm doing a good job!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    It's get it straight Thursday....

I'm sick of being sick! I actually made it to work only to get knocked down big time. My stomach decided to twist up and evict everything. I was miserable and ended up going home. Me leaving was a full out screwed up stressful event leaving me in tears and so extremely stressed out and frustrated.

Needless to say that by the end of the night when my stomach was done freaking out the hunger struck. It was a train wreck. Carb refers because I was scared to put other things in my mouth. Crackers and ginger biscuits. Funny thing was in my mind those were okay but not toast?!
    So I'm screwing my brain on right this morning and planning on sticking to jello for the day. I'm of course going to work because due to my sons illnesses which I've neede to take time off for I'm now out of my "time off" from work till the end of the year. Damn policies.
  • Phrick
    @ProCoffeenator you poor thing! I will say a prayer that today is a much better day for you. I'm so sorry you've been so miserable!