NSV's

Options

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Great insight and awareness @Cadori . Awesome accomplishment.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    I've started to notice that frustration is one of the things that triggers food cravings. Some of my main sources of frustration are work and DRIVING! I don't get really bad or aggressive road rage but it seems like no one can drive and I get very annoyed easily. I've noticed every time someone does something on the road to annoy me I immediately think of going to the supermarket and getting a box of Swiss Cake Rolls or Bertolli ready-made pasta bags. This also explains why so many times prior to this WOE, I would have every intention to go to the grocery store and get healthy groceries but if I got annoyed on the road, that plan quickly changed.

I'm happy I'm starting to identify certain situations that cause cravings.

Yes, me too. It isn't terribly often, but there are occasions where I get very frustrated with other drivers. Sat. late afternoon / early evening, for example, I was in a nearby city (otherwise, the town I live in is small and surrounded by fields). There are 2 lanes of traffic in either direction and a center turn lane. I'm in the outside lane, and come up on a re-purposed school bus stopped in the opposite direction's outside lane (so 4 lanes away from where I am). This old school bus was being used as a party bus and a group of people were pouring out obviously from a wedding (based on how dressed) and going into a bar. But the party bus still had the stop sign out (I'm not sure that is legal since it is not an actual school bus), and there was a car several ahead of me with someone too stupid to drive who didn't know that:
    1. An illegal stop sign isn't going to be enforced, and
    2. In my state, when there are that many lanes, our lane is not required to stop for the stop sign on a school bus anyway.
    3. Technically, this bus was illegally stopped since this is in an area where no stopping, standing, or parking is allowed on the roadway... which is also what the car ahead of me was doing wrong.

So now I'm stuck behind several other cars, most of which are honking at the idiot who was stopped and shouldn't have been... but still isn't figuring out he should get moving.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    That's so great @RowdysLady! Congrats to your daughter!
  • Sarahb29
    Options
    My NSVs last week - Trying out fasting, I found a few drinks from starbucks that I really like. Iced coffee with heavy cream and sugar free vanilla syrup, and passion tea with heavy cream,no sugar, sweetened with SF vanilla syrup. The passion tea, I was really surprised at how good it was even without the sugar they would normally add. I had those for lunch and then had most of my calories for dinner and a snack before bed.

Also got my blood test results back and it shows some improvement. I'll take it :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    My NSV today: When my daughter Anna (16 yrs old) saw Keto working for me she decided to try LCHF and she has now lost 13 lbs. She has stopped complaining of joint pain. She feels better in her clothes. She's generally happier and she keeps eating LCHF. That's MY NSV for sure...my kid's improved health and happiness!

@RowdysLady - Goodness, that has to be the best ever feeling - winning for our kids and loved ones almost always feels like more of an accomplishment than for ourselves...
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My NSV today: When my daughter Anna (16 yrs old) saw Keto working for me she decided to try LCHF and she has now lost 13 lbs. She has stopped complaining of joint pain. She feels better in her clothes. She's generally happier and she keeps eating LCHF. That's MY NSV for sure...my kid's improved health and happiness!

I LONG for my 17 y/o daughter to want to do this on her own. We tried for a couple weeks during the summer (mama's demand) but it would be so much better and I think she'd stick to it, if it was her idea. She has what she calls "growing pains" quite often. I can see that she would benefit from this so much. I wish I had known about keto when my kids were small.
  • Sarahb29
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @RowdysLady Seeing as she's 12, do you think a friendly bet would work with her? Ex: I bet you can't eat what I eat for a month, if you win I'll buy you any dinner you want/any pair of jeans you want (or some other incentive that might work)? At worst she will become healthier and you're out 50 bucks or so.. at best she might learn to love your food and pick up a few of those meals permanently. Big sister could be her helper/mentor and they could find low carb recipes to make together. I think kids are more inclined to eat things if they make them or help make them :)
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options

This is a great NSV, you must be one proud mummy right now.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    @RowdysLady Seeing as she's 12, do you think a friendly bet would work with her? Ex: I bet you can't eat what I eat for a month, if you win I'll buy you any dinner you want/any pair of jeans you want (or some other incentive that might work)? At worst she will become healthier and you're out 50 bucks or so.. at best she might learn to love your food and pick up a few of those meals permanently. Big sister could be her helper/mentor and they could find low carb recipes to make together. I think kids are more inclined to eat things if they make them or help make them :)

I love that idea...
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt, @Bonny132
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    To rowdylady, when I was about 13 my dad made a bet with me to see who could lose 10 pounds first. The reward for me was to buy hippie boots in NYC. I won, we made a weekend of it..I will never, ever forget it! We had such a great time. He also got me a hat that I still have today. I had such a difficult relationship with him over the years...that memory remains unbeatably awesome! The winning, the bonding with my mostly unavailable dad, the drama, the new experiences...so exciting and a real boost for us both!
    Highly recommend some version of it!

I wonder if he planned it and let you win? ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

I love this! I know how much the confidence can grow with what she's experiencing and that's a huge benefit at that age!