Options

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Ralf. Stop teasing me. ;)

:*

*waggles eyebrows in a dorky attempt at flirtation but really looks like I'm going to sneeze* ;)

:o Ah......
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

...... choo!! :s

:#
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I smoked. Today I've smoked. It being hard is just an excuse, but I smoked.

You have taken on a LOT lately, so I hope you're not beating yourself up about this. If it were me, I think I would have spread my focus too thin trying to make so many changes at once, and would now have to concentrate on just one of the positive changes to get back in line, then worry about the others later.

In any case, what's done is done, and you can get yourself back on track now. I KNOW you can do it!! Kick-*kitten* @SuperCarLori doesn't let anyone stand in her way!!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    Yesterday I smoked. Today I've smoked. It being hard is just an excuse, but I smoked.

You have taken on a LOT lately, so I hope you're not beating yourself up about this. If it were me, I think I would have spread my focus too thin trying to make so many changes at once, and would now have to concentrate on just one of the positive changes to get back in line, then worry about the others later.

In any case, what's done is done, and you can get yourself back on track now. I KNOW you can do it!! Kick-*kitten* @SuperCarLori doesn't let anyone stand in her way!!

You're awesome!!! Thank you for this, it's just what I needed to hear this morning.
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on toughing it out!! I was a smoker for 27 years (2+ pack a day for the last 15 years of that) and I have not had a cigarette in 11 years. I started when I was around 11 or 12. I had tried several times before but this time I was just so sick of it controlling every minute of my life. I would plan my day around being able to smoke. When I stopped I used sugar free cinnamon mints, changed habits that I associated with it and didn't touch a drop of alcohol for a year. But mainly I was so tired of having such a huge monkey on my back that made all the decisions for me. Keep up the great work and know that it is SO worth it! For your pocket book, your senses, and most importantly your health!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Thank you!! I'm fairly persistent, so if I fall, I'll get back up and get back to it, even if it takes a hundred tries. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori - I'm glad your inner non-smoker is coming back to visit us. Here's to prolonging her stay, indefinitely.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I picked them back up Sunday... hubby and son both have the habit, with no plans to quit, and I was WEAK! So, will have to try again. Keep up the positive "can do" attitude, Lori. I'll be back on my wagon shortly because I don't like that monkey riding my back either. Plus, I had plans for my savings from quitting! ;)
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    kmn118 wrote: »
    Sadly, I picked them back up Sunday... hubby and son both have the habit, with no plans to quit, and I was WEAK! So, will have to try again. Keep up the positive "can do" attitude, Lori. I'll be back on my wagon shortly because I don't like that monkey riding my back either. Plus, I had plans for my savings from quitting! ;)

As long as we don't unpack there, and keep trying, all will be as it should. :)
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori - I'm glad your inner non-smoker is coming back to visit us. Here's to prolonging her stay, indefinitely.

Thank you, you wonderful, supportive, encouraging friend!!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You both @SuperCarLori and @kmn118 can do this!!!!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    5w8vca08xwpe.jpg

>:) or o:)

Thank you!!!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »

Thank you, D!!!! :)
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

Having kicked the habit myself, I have faith in both of you. If I can do it, anyone can, but as pointed out above, you must believe in yourself first. You both have a non-smoker hidden inside of yourself, just let them shine on!! B)B)
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »

Having kicked the habit myself, I have faith in both of you. If I can do it, anyone can, but as pointed out above, you must believe in yourself first. You both have a non-smoker hidden inside of yourself, just let them shine on!! B)B)

Thank you, super gal! :)
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone... this is exactly why I love this group.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    One minute at a time when the cravings hit.
    "I don't need a cigarette this minute."

After 4 or 5 repeats you'll think of something else to do.
    Worked for me.
    Quit for 9 years.
    Never Give Up.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Today is day two, round two!!
    I think what happened last week was that I tried to step down on my patches too quickly!! So this time, in going a bit slower.
    Happy Wednesday!!