NSV's

Options

Replies

• coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    Since starting this WOE 1.5months ago, I've practiced several times the act of pushing food away when I got full.
    Yup: I can actually listen to my body to stop eating.

I used to clean my plate, and my kids' plates, etc, because I hate wasting food.
    Now, I am fine leaving the remaining food, w/out the guilt of wasting it. (Usually, it's just 2-5bites, not enough to pack home).

It's such a new concept.

Funny you should say this...last night I recognized being full about 1/2 way through eating, but continued on anyway. I think this might be my new personal challenge - push the food away when I'm full.

I continued mindlessly eating while we watched the Broncos game on TV - true confession, but my husband and I mostly eat in front of the tube now that my daughter is out of the house. It's such a bad habit.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    One of the things I demand is that we sit at the dinner table at night when we are all home. There are few exceptions such as a particularly late dinner night or a really hard work day. We never eat until OhDarkThirty here no matter what time the sun sets. Because if there is sun there is work to be done. Many nights we are at the dining room table at 9 p.m. having dinner. My kids have gotten so used to it that if I tell them it is a scrounge night (because I didn't have time to cook) they still want to know if we are eating at the table.

I eat fast, always have. So I'm at the dinner watching the crew eat because my food is gone. The hardest thing is not picking at whatever is on the table while they finish. I can pick the chicken out of stir fry for 15 minutes while they finish their meals and I have to fight that urge nearly every meal lest I eat way too much for my surgery and for my plan.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I saw an article recently explaining that pelvis placement has a big impact on whether a thigh gap is even possible or safe.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    @huango NICE!!! I think I would pass out if I ever had a thigh gap :lol:
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I start to see the thigh gap at 130 pounds. I agree, hip bones that are wide will be an advantage to getting the gap. Girls measure it by putting the feet together, if the thighs don't touch then its legit.

All I cared about was being able to walk fast without having my slacks rubbing together on the thighs, which happens way before the legit gap! :)

Good luck on all goals!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Yeah - at nearly 5'11" before I started losing height with age I have a pretty large frame and the gap is there when I stand with a "normal legs apart" stance - not feet together and not in a split. No matter - it's there, I see it and it's new so I'm happy :smile: I know I will never see that gap when my feet are together.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Yeah - at nearly 5'11" before I started losing height with age I have a pretty large frame and the gap is there when I stand with a "normal legs apart" stance - not feet together and not in a split. No matter - it's there, I see it and it's new so I'm happy :smile: I know I will never see that gap when my feet are together.

You got a GAP! And it was not there before, that is what counts. Let's face it, we'll never be supermodels. BUT we can still look darned good! Well done you :)
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Congrats! the ring is amazing!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Very happy for you, @CinderellaDaisy!