TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Trying to keep up with these stairs! Over last two days I've gone up my stairs at home 10 times, at 16 steps a piece --> 160 steps. Tonight I did 30 flights of stairs at the gym which I will take at 15 steps a flight --> 450 steps, so I've done 610 steps. Getting close! I've missed tracking a couple of flights but oh well I should meet the step goal soon, hopefully tomorrow!

Adding 55 steps from work, and then 64 so far at home --> 119 --> brings my total to 729. Plan was to finish tonight, but I'm battling a pretty bad cold! After my lungs being on fire for trucking through my normal gym routine, I just couldn't muster enough energy to hop on the stair machine. Sore throats are the worse!!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hi... kids are doing homework on the computer. Can you enter 115 for me
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Hi... kids are doing homework on the computer. Can you enter 115 for me

Done!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Trying to keep up with these stairs! Over last two days I've gone up my stairs at home 10 times, at 16 steps a piece --> 160 steps. Tonight I did 30 flights of stairs at the gym which I will take at 15 steps a flight --> 450 steps, so I've done 610 steps. Getting close! I've missed tracking a couple of flights but oh well I should meet the step goal soon, hopefully tomorrow!

Adding 55 steps from work, and then 64 so far at home --> 119 --> brings my total to 729. Plan was to finish tonight, but I'm battling a pretty bad cold! After my lungs being on fire for trucking through my normal gym routine, I just couldn't muster enough energy to hop on the stair machine. Sore throats are the worse!!

Oh, no good...sorry you are feeling under the weather. Hope you don't push too much and make yourself sick for longer. Do what you need to do to for your body.
  • lbenson2006
    Options

Oh, no good...sorry you are feeling under the weather. Don't push yourself too hard and make yourself sick for longer. Do what you need to do for your body.
  • lbenson2006
    Options

Not good. Sorry you are feeling under the weather. Please don't push yourself too hard and end up sick for a longer period of time. Do what is best for your body.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    @motivatedsister sorry to hear you are under the weather. Don't push yourself too hard & make it worse. Hope you feel better soon!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I wouldn't be too surprised if we have similar videos in the future. I am not the biggest fan of them because it does take away from other things I would be doing with my exercise time but I also think that it helps get people moving and active so I understand the reasoning for including them. It probably is super hard to try to cater a challenge to people who are at various points in their fitness journey.

Jen - Amazing job resisting temptation....there is no way I would have been able to avoid the pumpkin spice twinkies...no way!! I have been on a major pumpkin kick this season.

Lynn - thank you so much for checking in. Ideally I would love to have the spreadsheet updated more often but it is important if you can't that you make sure to communicate the fact that you are still in it. Thanks again.

Good luck with the airbnb contest Kim!! You never know!!

So proud of all of you getting so far on the challenges!!
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    OK am I missing something? I am under the impression that we have to get 1540 stairs climbed.
    is that right? I am seeing some posts that makes it seem some are only doing 770..
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Raasy wrote: »
    OK am I missing something? I am under the impression that we have to get 1540 stairs climbed.
    is that right? I am seeing some posts that makes it seem some are only doing 770..

NEVERMIND!!! I went back and read the weeks post again. LET ME TELL YOU HOW RELIEVED I AM !!!!!!!!!!

I totally read it as having to do the 1540, I did not read they only wanted us to do half that.. OMG i was sitting here thinking there is no way I am going to get that done if it was 1540.. And I was feeling like you all are rock stars getting 1500+ stairs in... Although you all ARE rock stars, it just made me feel better about myself.

I feel so much better and think that I can actually get it done.. Whew!!!

And my videos will be done tomorrow too. Today I had to take the pup out to the park just so he would not destroy my house.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

I feel your pain. What I thought was just the worst allergy season ever has morphed into a vicious cold-like sickness. It almost feels like it wants to be bronchitis. It may actually BE bronchitis at this point! Hope not. That will negatively impact my fitness goals. I was planning on a long run this morning but I did an easy hike with my dog instead because I just couldn't hack it. :s The next few days will be a struggle. Good thing I already have the first 2 challenges done early this time!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Too funny, Bri!! So glad you hadn't pushed to get all the way to 1540 and then realized it. Your pup is probably super happy for the park visit!!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    ...OMG i was sitting here thinking there is no way I am going to get that done if it was 1540.. And I was feeling like you all are rock stars getting 1500+ stairs in... Although you all ARE rock stars, it just made me feel better about myself...

This is how I feel when I look at the spreadsheets (particularly for some other teams) and I see some people doing 300, even 400+ minutes of exercise in a day. Here I am, running hills and killing myself for 60-90 minutes and then feeling like a chump because it's not even close to the times others are routinely getting. Who are these super-humans?!? How are they maintaining this (literally marathon pace) day to day? I used to think I was a rockstar. Maybe not so much anymore... :'( LOL!

I think I need a new strategy so I don't wear myself out trying to compete. Instead of running 7 miles, I could shuffle slowly. It would take me so much longer. Not sure I have the patience for that, though. The main reason I run is so I can move along faster and get it done more quickly. Leaves more time for my true love - taking naps! ;):)

Keep it up, overachievers! You inspire me to work harder (or at least for longer periods of time.) :D
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    ...OMG i was sitting here thinking there is no way I am going to get that done if it was 1540.. And I was feeling like you all are rock stars getting 1500+ stairs in... Although you all ARE rock stars, it just made me feel better about myself...

This is how I feel when I look at the spreadsheets (particularly for some other teams) and I see some people doing 300, even 400+ minutes of exercise in a day. Here I am, running hills and killing myself for 60-90 minutes and then feeling like a chump because it's not even close to the times others are routinely getting. Who are these super-humans?!? How are they maintaining this (literally marathon pace) day to day? I used to think I was a rockstar. Maybe not so much anymore... :'( LOL!

I think I need a new strategy so I don't wear myself out trying to compete. Instead of running 7 miles, I could shuffle slowly. It would take me so much longer. Not sure I have the patience for that, though. The main reason I run is so I can move along faster and get it done more quickly. Leaves more time for my true love - taking naps! ;):)

Keep it up, overachievers! You inspire me to work harder (or at least for longer periods of time.) :D

Don't worry about Jenilla! I just don't have time in the day to put in those times! I work 9.5 hours everyday! My workouts are very intense and I couldn't keep that time! I do the same thing with my running!

BTW you are far from being a chump my friend!!!! You are a rockstar!!!!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team 2 Beat! What a fantastic day we had yesterday. I am so impressed with all the hard work everyone is putting in.

The BF Brought me a pumpkin Twinkie last night and tried to hand it to me. I had the calories left if I wanted it, however I looked at the clock and it was past my two hour limit and really close to 10 pm. I told him no thank you I couldn't eat it. He looked at me like I was crazy. I reminded him about our no snack challenge. He set it at the coffee table and it taunted me for 30 minutes, and then he ate it. Plus I paced my living room last night for a 60 minute walk while he dozed on the couch. I reached my stretch goal of 20000 steps.

Did you guys see we are only 10 points from team 1 and 5 for first? We are giving them a run for their money.
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! i have been doing the stairs at my house. So I am having to go up AND down, of course! ( I know I can only count the up). I just added up how many I have done so far and it came to 720. 720!!!! If I had only known that this morning!!! So close :) I'll get it tonight!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    Good morning Team 2 Beat! What a fantastic day we had yesterday. I am so impressed with all the hard work everyone is putting in.

The BF Brought me a pumpkin Twinkie last night and tried to hand it to me. I had the calories left if I wanted it, however I looked at the clock and it was past my two hour limit and really close to 10 pm. I told him no thank you I couldn't eat it. He looked at me like I was crazy. I reminded him about our no snack challenge. He set it at the coffee table and it taunted me for 30 minutes, and then he ate it. Plus I paced my living room last night for a 60 minute walk while he dozed on the couch. I reached my stretch goal of 20000 steps.

Did you guys see we are only 10 points from team 1 and 5 for first? We are giving them a run for their money.

NOOOOOOOOOO! :o:s:'( I can't believe you let him eat the Twinkie! Put that thing in the freezer for later. Frozen Twinkies are the best.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Lol just saw all my attempts to post earlier were in fact coming through even though I couldn't find them. Sorry about all the craziness.