You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I'm almost afraid to admit that I don't care for pickles much...They're okay... Don't shun me! ;)

I'll go even further than you to admit that I absolutely HATE anything pickled! I don't understand why because I love vinegar but pickled foods, yuck!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    http://jamieoliver.com/recipes/member-recipes/recipe-detail/3527/

Now I really want to try out pickled eggs.... I love pickles and I love eggs, so surely that will be an awesome combination right?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I'm almost afraid to admit that I don't care for pickles much...They're okay... Don't shun me! ;)

I'll go even further than you to admit that I absolutely HATE anything pickled! I don't understand why because I love vinegar but pickled foods, yuck!!

I don't like olives much either. LOL

I sort of like bought saurkraut. Nothing like homemade bit it will do in a pinch.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    HawkPNP wrote: »
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Well, it happened. I ate my macros for protein and not enough fat. For dinner I made whipped cream with swerve.

Well, if you're on weight loss, you can snack on your body fat,* so no need for minimum fat requirements.

But if you're maintaining current weight, bring on the Double Debpnshire Cream (if you can find it)!

*credit: @_Sunny_Bunny

Lol on the snacking on the body fat -- I hear ya. I have found personally if I don't eat up to my fat macros I'm a disaster the next day and want to eat everything on sight. I IF, so I usually don't eat until around 2PMish. I typically won't eat up to my protein or carb macros because that does zero for me.

@HawkPNP - this is me, too. Without getting close to my fat estimates, I don't lose weight. It's like my body burns its stored fat, but ONLY when it's confident there is more coming. Bodies like stasis, and they don't like us losing weight...it triggers their panic responses!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Well, it happened. I ate my macros for protein and not enough fat. For dinner I made whipped cream with swerve.

Well, if you're on weight loss, you can snack on your body fat,* so no need for minimum fat requirements.

But if you're maintaining current weight, bring on the Double Debpnshire Cream (if you can find it)!

Lol on the snacking on the body fat -- I hear ya. I have found personally if I don't eat up to my fat macros I'm a disaster the next day and want to eat everything on sight. I IF, so I usually don't eat until around 2PMish. I typically won't eat up to my protein or carb macros because that does zero for me.

@HawkPNP - this is me, too. Without getting close to my fat estimates, I don't lose weight. It's like my body burns its stored fat, but ONLY when it's confident there is more coming. Bodies like stasis, and they don't like us losing weight...it triggers their panic responses!

This is interesting and I think I need to do a test.
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options

RowdysLady wrote: »

This is interesting and I think I need to do a test.

It really works for me...I have to be careful if I don't eat enough fat. I will absolutely try to eat everything in sight if I don't hit my fat macros...it can get REALLY ugly. Also, I have found that if I eat the majority of fat closer to bed, I sleep much better and I can intermittent fast later (if you are into that kind of thing).

Give it a try and see if it works -- Everyone is so different you just never know!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Thanks. I will try it. Today is the perfect day because I have to be at Anna's Area Marching Competition all day tomorrow with a handy concession stand filled with carbs and I starved yesterday thus ate my weight in foods.
  • HawkPNP
    Options
    Thanks. I will try it. Today is the perfect day because I have to be at Anna's Area Marching Competition all day tomorrow with a handy concession stand filled with carbs and I starved yesterday thus ate my weight in foods.

Oh boy, good luck! Concession stands get the best of me sometimes (especially at all day events)....You can do it! Defeat that concession stand!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

@RowdysLady - At least they should have pickles! Stuff nuts and beef/cheese sticks in your purse. :)
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss and @HawkPNP yep...for the really long days like tomorrow I'll bring a cooler and leave it in the trunk. Years past it was filled with soda and candy and chips because concession is expensive. But this year it has been cheese sticks, water and deli meat. And yep, bring it in via the purse throughout the day. I get in a walk too, that way :-)

However, when we go to State (and we WILL go to State!!!) next weekend in San Antonio - it will be at the Alamo Dome and they search your belongings before you go in. So I'll have to eat in the car this year. Last State year I sucked up the cost of the foods and we ate concession the whole time but I didn't care about the carbs in my pizza. I bet I spent $200 just in food that day.
  • HawkPNP
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @RowdysLady I'm terrible...I would totally be stuffing cheese sticks and almonds down my bra to get them in...no way they are checking there! :D
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    @RowdysLady I'm terrible...I would totally be stuffing cheese sticks and almonds down my bra to get them in...no way they are checking there! :D

Ok, in all seriousness...I have been thinking of ways to do something similar to that. I was actually thinking that I could make my 11 year old wear a baggy sweatshirt and she could saddle bag the food underneath. I'll bring a great big bag that they will just know is filled with food but I'll have a hat, sunglasses, blah blah blah...she'd slide right by...
  • HawkPNP
    Options

Ok, in all seriousness...I have been thinking of ways to do something similar to that. I was actually thinking that I could make my 11 year old wear a baggy sweatshirt and she could saddle bag the food underneath. I'll bring a great big bag that they will just know is filled with food but I'll have a hat, sunglasses, blah blah blah...she'd slide right by...

In college we used to sneak liquor into football games by taping flasks under our baggy sweatshirts.....horrible, right?!?

I figure sneaking in cheese is no different. LOL! Your daughter is a perfect food mule!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss and @HawkPNP yep...for the really long days like tomorrow I'll bring a cooler and leave it in the trunk. Years past it was filled with soda and candy and chips because concession is expensive. But this year it has been cheese sticks, water and deli meat. And yep, bring it in via the purse throughout the day. I get in a walk too, that way :-)

However, when we go to State (and we WILL go to State!!!) next weekend in San Antonio - it will be at the Alamo Dome and they search your belongings before you go in. So I'll have to eat in the car this year. Last State year I sucked up the cost of the foods and we ate concession the whole time but I didn't care about the carbs in my pizza. I bet I spent $200 just in food that day.

I know I was allowed to bring in some snacks to AT&T Stadium in Arlington last year when I told them I was diabetic and couldn't eat what they had available but needed to have food available. Not sure if there is a similar policy at the Alamo Dome.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    You guys are killing me...too funny.... all of you :D:D
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options

Ohh this is interesting, especially since I am famous for my sleeping troubles. Last night I had my dinner quite late with proper butter and cheese added and full fat mince and I slept like a baby. Is this can help me sleep then my dinners will be later, I am definitely going to experiment a bit.

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time falling asleep if I am hungry which is why it is good that we eat late being just a couple hours before I go to bed. Saves me from eating more. I have "always" been this way but eating keto and the satiation that comes with the fat helps even more.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Easy way to do pickled eggs... HB your own eggs, add to the pickle juice in the jar once the pickles are gone (if you didn't drink it already, lol) Wait a week, (also a clove or two of garlic can go in with them and pickled garlic is also a thing, but higher carb if you eat alot) then taste. The eggs must be covered of course. I've always liked HB eggs with a tsp of ACV on top with pepper for a quickie mock pickled egg. Not good with softer yolks at all though, just a warning.