You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• gdaydreamer
    gdaydreamer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When you are impatiently waiting for the temperature to cool off enough to throw that turkey that has been sitting in your freezer in the oven with lots of butter and garlic. Or cool enough to stand over a hot grill and cook up a huge batch of burgers and sausages....ok... now I want sausage lol
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    When you persuade the family to have a LCHF Christmas dinner this year.

Don't tell me ... ham with pickled spleen (in place of pineapple), or maybe turkey with liver & tripe stuffing?
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Yeah, it will admonish you for anything that's "high" in something on your app. But you can disable that feature, which I promptly did.

Same. Lol. We don't need them telling us what to do!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Don't tell me ... ham with pickled spleen (in place of pineapple), or maybe turkey with liver & tripe stuffing?

ROFLMAO I think I might be able to make it a tad more tastier than that :D
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @bowlerae so true. Anna will tell me that she's happy that something only has 14 carbs per serving and I cringe because she's LCHF and I'm keto...14 carbs!!! That's awful! But for Anna that's a win.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

ROFLMAO I think I might be able to make it a tad more tastier than that :D

I thought it sounded pretty organic....

Hmm.... add org. nuts & seeds?
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    @bowlerae so true. Anna will tell me that she's happy that something only has 14 carbs per serving and I cringe because she's LCHF and I'm keto...14 carbs!!! That's awful! But for Anna that's a win.

I know! I look at the carbs first, then the ingredients listed... 14 carbs is 1/2 my daily allotment, whereas I had steak benedict yesterday at brunch and still had half my calories to eat for the day but wasn't hungry! Yippee for eating well, feeling satisfied and dropping weight!
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lunch on the go on Saturday was '100gms roast pork please, with crackling and can I get some butter with that? No gravy, no roast veges, no carrots, no..... nothing else just the meat and butter' thanks .... The girl behind the counter thought I was a bit strange :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    You know you're KETO when...

You're on the hunt for low carb recipes and

1.) You are outraged by the number of net carbs per serving even though the dish is labeled a "low carb", "lighter", "healthier" variety.

2.) You completely ignore blogs and websites that don't provide nutritional information alongside the recipe. Waste of time.

Yeah, this is my life now.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    When you order a patty melt without the bread as I did at lunch today. For me the thick, grilled rye bread was always my favorite part.

I NEVER could have imagined doing that before adopting this WOE. I didn't miss the bread at all. Had a Greek salad as a side instead of fries - didn't miss them either.

I was so full that I took enough home for another meal!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    You die a little bit inside when you see someone pour out the pickle juice when the pickles are all gone.

I was using the last of some jarred pickled pepper rings just now, looking at the remaining juice and was reminded of this. Still my favorite post in 7 pages of this thread.