Options

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    You squirrel away 5 Macadamia nuts in each cheek before you get out of your car at a school/church/charity/rotary/Harley banquet, and tell anyone who asks whether you wouldn't like some nice carb bombs from the buffet that you're fasting for a cholestetol test the next day.

What a great excuse!!! **puts it in back pocket**

You mean the nuts, right?
    (Or in your panties, aka marsupial mode.)

What panties... :smirk: lol JK.

It's Commando Day!

PS Until I get off metformin* for good, it's panties + no white pants for this old dog ....

• bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    When you spit out perfectly good bacon when you taste the sweetness of the applewood smoke! lol I almost shot the waitress a death look for not telling me but then I remembered that Carb-ers don't recognize the difference Lol

Need you to explain. I eat applewood smoked bacon but the package still says 0 carbs.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    genmon00 wrote: »
    When you spit out perfectly good bacon when you taste the sweetness of the applewood smoke! lol I almost shot the waitress a death look for not telling me but then I remembered that Carb-ers don't recognize the difference Lol

Need you to explain. I eat applewood smoked bacon but the package still says 0 carbs.

There are a lot of bacons with carbs because of the curing process. If you found one that has no brown sugar yay! I avoid applewood bacon and the like at restaurants because I don't trust the sugar content.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I made cabbage rolls the other night for dinner - they were yummy but last night there were not quite enough left over for both Rowdy and myself. I warmed them up for him and decided that fat filled coffee would be a fine dinner for me. I handed him the plate and he looked at me with my cup and said "what are you eating?" I said this coffee. He said "that's all?" I said, I bet there's more fat and calories in my coffee than in your cabbage rolls, I'll be fine.

Yep, that's how you know you are LCHF.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    When you buy your favorite authentic tacos/awesome sandwich from a restaurant "to go" so you can go home and put it in a low carb wrap/bread.

I've heard you can order them all as sides if you wanted - ie two sides of ground beef, one side of lettuce, side of cheese, etc etc until it fits your macros. It works out to be cheaper that way too. Then ask for a bowl and toss all the sides in the bowl!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    When you go to a company do, there is nothing suitable for you to eat so you grab a strong coffee, pour in some coconut oil, sweetener, gives it a good stir, then request full fat cream from the waiters, pour some in, ignoring the stares from your colleagues and go on to enjoy your "lunch".
  • gdaydreamer
    gdaydreamer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You get stupid excited when the kids get meat and pickles for snack at work! (After recommending it for new menu ideas)
    It's even better when the cook delivers the classroom snack with a container of pickle juice!!

Had the funniest conversation with that request...
    "Can you send me a container of the pickle juice?"
    Cook: "sure, you need it for a science experiment?"
    "Nah! I had a leg cramp this morning so I'm going to drink some then make pickle-sickles at home"
    Cook: "you know anybody else I'd question that thinking they were joking. You on the other hand... I know it's no joke. Do you want me to save the tub for you instead?

I scored a five gallon tub of pickle juice!!

Just a suggestion for the group, most fast food places go through their 5 gallon buckets of pickles pretty quickly. If you were to call and ask from time to time I am sure you could score plenty of juice... although you may have to bring a pitcher or container, because they reuse buckets many times (can you tell I work in fast food lol)
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    When you start wondering what pickled eggs tastes like.
  • kdz0444
    kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You go to the grocery store to get something for dinner and breakfast and come out with only meat and dairy products because hey a girl needs her protein and fat...lol
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    You wonder if vodka and pickle juice will make a good cocktail or worse you have already tried to mix the two and cannot decide weather it should be room temperature or chilled.

AAhahahahaha!!! I'm making one of those for our next fire pit get together with friends. Just want to see the look on their faces when I mix it up in front of them!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    suzqtme wrote: »
    You wonder if vodka and pickle juice will make a good cocktail or worse you have already tried to mix the two and cannot decide weather it should be room temperature or chilled.

AAhahahahaha!!! I'm making one of those for our next fire pit get together with friends. Just want to see the look on their faces when I mix it up in front of them!

They are great - your lucky guests should be salivating!

I make a Ketotini with pickle juice, black olives (stuffed with gorgonzola/blue cheese crumbles), and vodka/gin and hot sauce/horseradish according to preference. You can also set skewers on top with cheese, prosciutto, bacon, herring, smoked salmon, grilled onion chunks, etc...... - makes for a much better "meal substitute" than a 99%+ of the junk that's out there!

PS. My vote is for room temperature....
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options

I make a Ketotini with pickle juice, black olives (stuffed with gorgonzola/blue cheese crumbles), and vodka/gin and hot sauce/horseradish according to preference. You can also set skewers on top with cheese, prosciutto, bacon, herring, smoked salmon, grilled onion chunks, etc...... - makes for a much better "meal substitute" than a 99%+ of the junk that's out there!

The menu is all planned! Do you charge for your services?? B)
  • RalfLott
    Options

The menu is all planned! Do you charge for your services?? B)

Au contraire - I'm the classic retired freebie!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    This thread just made my day. Hahaha!!! Im starting back up on doing keto again.... Got a little side tracked and put on a few pounds...

Here is some of my things:
    1. You just went to the grocery store and 90% of what was in your cart was meat
    2. It does even fase you that you just cooked up a kg of bacon for one person. ( freeze it for snacks) and you know you will need more in a couple weeks
    3. When you have been on program for a while and are grocery shopping and are mentally adding up the carbs in other people's cart. ( don't know if this is just me and my mom or not...)

I don't like pickles... I feel like that's a necessity for keto...

I saw in one of the posts someone mentioned net carbs on mfp-- how do you do this??? You would be my favourite persons!!

for your net carb question:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348436/enhancing-mfp-displays-for-low-carb#latest