You know you are LCHF when...

13468937

Replies

  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,473 Member
    ...and that word "peckish" is new to me too but oh so appropriate.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,020 Member
    LOL :D
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    - You own multiple flavors of sugar free syrup
    - You keep almonds, dark chocolate and beef jerky in your night stand
    - You buy almonds in 1lb bags
    - You know what malitol is and run in the opposite direction of anything containing it. Might even have flashbacks of horrific experiences.
    - You know that almond milk is just as good a source of calcium than milk is (actually, better!)
    - You have an extremely specific and confusing Starbucks order that no one is going to be able to order for you in the office, even if you write it all down (No classic! Extra heavy whipping cream!)
    - You have the "net carbs" addon for MFP/Chrome
    - Caveman makes you think of delicious LC recipes rather than an actual caveman
    - You expect an office get together involving food to turn into temptation challenge 2016 (damn doughnuts!)

    Net Carbs addon?!?! Wha....???

    I need this! Is it free? How?!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,056 Member
    kpk54 wrote: »
    ...and that word "peckish" is new to me too but oh so appropriate.

    Teehee!

    By Jove, I believe you've discovered a new keto concept, the Salt Peck!

    (Similar to a Salt Pete, perhaps....?)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited September 2016
    BaconSan2 wrote: »
    You still weigh a lot but when a slim person whose grocery cart is filled with cereal, skim milk, dried fruit etc. looks at your grocery full of cheese, meat, bacon & heavy cream with eyes of judgement - you don't care.

    Perfect.

    I can almost taste the stench of those pricey, virtuous carb bombs emanating from the alien cart. :s

    ******

    Ya know, folks. ...

    There is enough funny/insightful material here to fill a stocking-stuffer sized cartoon book....

    PS. Where are our caricaturists, artists, etc?

    Yoo hoo....
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 605 Member
    Brigit723 wrote: »

    Using pork rinds in place of bread crumbs in meatballs


    do you think I can use them in my meatloaf?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,270 Member
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Not only do you eat pickles, you drink the pickle juice too, like it is a cocktail.

    or the only Popsicles in your freezer are pickle-cicles

    Pickle-Cicles?? Do tell.
  • Brigit723
    Brigit723 Posts: 58 Member
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Brigit723 wrote: »

    Using pork rinds in place of bread crumbs in meatballs


    do you think I can use them in my meatloaf?

    Yes! I have.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Brigit723 wrote: »

    Using pork rinds in place of bread crumbs in meatballs


    do you think I can use them in my meatloaf?

    I used them in my meatballs last night and they tasted amazing.

  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    @toadqueen went to a local pizza place for meatballs and salad and had a great conversation with the gal behind the counter , ( who is gluten free) , about LCHF and missing pizza. She had heard of fathead pizza and I told her if they made and sold that I would be in for it often! I have my doubts if it would come to pass, but plant the seed of an idea and we'll see!
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    When lunch consists of a tablespon of butter because your bacon and egg breakfast was so satisfying.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,056 Member
    LauraCoth wrote: »
    When lunch consists of a tablespon of butter because your bacon and egg breakfast was so satisfying.

    A promising concept!

    For variety, maybe you could deep-freeze cubes of butter en brochette, roll in almond flour, then flash fry the little mouth-coddlers in coconut oil.

    You could call them, "Laura's Lunch on a Stick" (or perhaps,"Butter Kaboblets"....), and you're good to go!
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    RalfLott wrote: »
    A promising concept!

    For variety, maybe you could deep-freeze cubes of butter en brochette, roll in almond flour, then flash fry the little mouth-coddlers in coconut oil.

    You could call them, "Laura's Lunch on a Stick" (or perhaps,"Butter Kaboblets"....), and you're good to go!

    Hmm. I like this idea. Fat deep-fried in fat.

  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 5,209 Member
    LauraCoth wrote: »
    RalfLott wrote: »
    A promising concept!

    For variety, maybe you could deep-freeze cubes of butter en brochette, roll in almond flour, then flash fry the little mouth-coddlers in coconut oil.

    You could call them, "Laura's Lunch on a Stick" (or perhaps,"Butter Kaboblets"....), and you're good to go!

    Hmm. I like this idea. Fat deep-fried in fat.

    Starting to envision a Fry Daddy in my near future. If it works with ice cream, why not butter in the inside?