You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    How about this for an ego? Loving it when some stranger (check out line clerk for example) says "how does that taste?" and they are pointing to the ice cream I'm buying.... I answer "I have no idea, I don't eat carbs". They say "really?" I say "yep and I've lost almost 50 lbs since April". and they get all starry eyed. I freaking love that.

I get you. I make cakes for all the family birthdays...I try to get all fancy with the fondant and people are like how did it taste. IDK I don't eat carbs or gluten. I just like making them!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    When you get caught in an awkward conversation about cake recipes and you mumble the appropriate stuff like "that sounds amazing" but deep inside you feel like a kid in the old afterschool special movies...lying to fit in! lmao

Ha...yes!!! Or when someone tells you a recipe and brags "and it's low fat!!"

Omg..that aggravates me....Im like its not the fat thats bad!!...But i just have to stay calm and walk away
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    When the Krispy Kremes in the office kitchen kinda smell like bug spray. o.O

^^^^ This even before I went low carb. Why those things got so popular just always alluded me. They smell sooooo bad.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I had a bite of a Krispy Kreme in my previous life (before I found out I had to be gluten free) when they first came to Canada at the end of 2001. We all went back to Timmie's. How underwhelming. They certainly never spread here. I've only seen that one shop in all this time.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Really surprising to me @samanthaluangphixay . Maybe they are more popular in Vancouver area. The Krispy Kreme find-a-store site shows only 7 in Canada. The one in Delta was the one I was thinking of.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Really surprising to me @samanthaluangphixay . Maybe they are more popular in Vancouver area. The Krispy Kreme find-a-store site shows only 7 in Canada. The one in Delta was the one I was thinking of.

Yeah, Delta is the one I was thinking of too! I grew up nearby in Surrey.
  • mellb34
    mellb34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When having a mini cheeseboard for lunch is keeping on track (with cucumber and radish instead of crackers) :smiley:
  • Perry47
    Perry47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    This thread just made my day. Hahaha!!! Im starting back up on doing keto again.... Got a little side tracked and put on a few pounds...

Here is some of my things:
    1. You just went to the grocery store and 90% of what was in your cart was meat
    2. It does even fase you that you just cooked up a kg of bacon for one person. ( freeze it for snacks) and you know you will need more in a couple weeks
    3. When you have been on program for a while and are grocery shopping and are mentally adding up the carbs in other people's cart. ( don't know if this is just me and my mom or not...)

I don't like pickles... I feel like that's a necessity for keto...

I saw in one of the posts someone mentioned net carbs on mfp-- how do you do this??? You would be my favourite persons!!

for your net carb question:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348436/enhancing-mfp-displays-for-low-carb#latest

I've been trying to install this script, but Chrome won't let me even though I have Tampermonkey installed.
    I'd appreciate any help/suggestions.
    Posted a request for script to eliminate calorie column in another Forum, yesterday...Oy Vay!! Big mistake, lol.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Perry47 wrote: »
    cstehansen wrote: »
    This thread just made my day. Hahaha!!! Im starting back up on doing keto again.... Got a little side tracked and put on a few pounds...

Here is some of my things:
    1. You just went to the grocery store and 90% of what was in your cart was meat
    2. It does even fase you that you just cooked up a kg of bacon for one person. ( freeze it for snacks) and you know you will need more in a couple weeks
    3. When you have been on program for a while and are grocery shopping and are mentally adding up the carbs in other people's cart. ( don't know if this is just me and my mom or not...)

I don't like pickles... I feel like that's a necessity for keto...

I saw in one of the posts someone mentioned net carbs on mfp-- how do you do this??? You would be my favourite persons!!

for your net carb question:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348436/enhancing-mfp-displays-for-low-carb#latest

I've been trying to install this script, but Chrome won't let me even though I have Tampermonkey installed.
    I'd appreciate any help/suggestions.
    Posted a request for script to eliminate calorie column in another Forum, yesterday...Oy Vay!! Big mistake, lol.

I saw that train wreck and chose to stay out of the fray, lol! I don't like arguments that like. Yeah, I choose to keep the calories on, but I totally understand why you, and anyone, want to hide the column. It's really not necessary or helpful data for some folks. There's a script for that ;)
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    When you get caught in an awkward conversation about cake recipes and you mumble the appropriate stuff like "that sounds amazing" but deep inside you feel like a kid in the old afterschool special movies...lying to fit in! lmao

Omg..that aggravates me....Im like its not the fat thats bad!!...But i just have to stay calm and walk away

Yeah, and at the moment, I don't necessarily look like someone who can give nutrition advice, so I really can't refute what they're saying with any credibility.

One day though...

Lol...we are both in the same boat doll!!
    But from what I can see, your beautiful inside and out
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Yeah, and at the moment, I don't necessarily look like someone who can give nutrition advice, so I really can't refute what they're saying with any credibility.

One day though...

Lol...we are both in the same boat doll!!
    But from what I can see, your beautiful inside and out

You just made my day :heart: and right back at you!!!