Options

Replies

• RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    HawkPNP wrote: »
    RalfLott wrote: »
    HawkPNP wrote: »
    Well, it happened. I ate my macros for protein and not enough fat. For dinner I made whipped cream with swerve.

Well, if you're on weight loss, you can snack on your body fat,* so no need for minimum fat requirements.

But if you're maintaining current weight, bring on the Double Debpnshire Cream (if you can find it)!

*credit: @_Sunny_Bunny

Lol on the snacking on the body fat -- I hear ya. I have found personally if I don't eat up to my fat macros I'm a disaster the next day and want to eat everything on sight. I IF, so I usually don't eat until around 2PMish. I typically won't eat up to my protein or carb macros because that does zero for me.

Hmmm, that's interesting to take note of because I've already seen this happen even as a newbie.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    When your PP BG reading is LOWER than it is before the meal. Happened today at lunch....again.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    What were you all thinking choosing two morons to become the next president? So glad I don't live in the US. I thought Europe was bad... I stand corrected!

I'd say I'm glad I'm Canadian and can go back at any time, except Canada follows whatever the US does, and the president and Trudeau seem to be BFFs right now. If I have high blood pressure right now I blame this mess. SIIIIGGGHH lol
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    When your cat decides he prefers your human food to his own.
    Pork Cracklings
    Bacon
    Meat
    Fish
    Cheese
    Cream
    Smoked Salmon

You name it, he has become a professional beggar, relentless in his pursuit of my food.
    He used to be a catfood only cat, now he's a "I'll eat whatever is on your plate cat"
    He is a couple of steps away from going full on keto lol
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I have one of those @Bonny132. The kitten Lucifer sits at my plate every time I eat.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    My dog is much sadder since I moved to LCHF. I used to top off his food with the grease when I browned hamburger or sausage. Now, I tend to add coconut oil or butter and not drain anything into his bowl. I try to make up for it by buying more meat that has bones to give him like pork chops and t-bone steak.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    When your friend says rice and beans are the most important part of the burrito bowl and you are like hello meat, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole are ALL you need!!!
  • Bonny132
    Options
    This is my favourite! Such a good treat, I even use it with my celery sticks, they taste amazing with some pickled lines on them. Pataks was sold out last time so I had to try out Tesco's own which was not bad at all.

The only pickle I have yet to try is pickled eggs... One day...

2yb2999hnr36.jpg
    a5mpfs8rfvgz.jpg
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I'd eat just about anything with pickled limes on it. You are making me crave them, so I better go shopping and stock up.

When dinner can be smoked almonds, brie, pork rinds and champagne.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I like olives better than pickles...<preparing to be shunned>

:smile:

Welllllll, olives are awesomeness itself. They must be brined before you can eat them. So no shunning necessary.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I've never tried these pickled limes but now I feel I must look for them next time I grocery shop! I don't think I've ever seen them...hmmm
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I like olives better than pickles...<preparing to be shunned>

:smile:

This.

I do like pickles but olives....YUM! However, when drinking a Bloody Mary, you are required to have both pickles and olives (IMHO) :D
  • Bonny132
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    quote "spicy pickled limes" @Bonny132.

My VERY favorite thing with a whole can of oil packed tuna (which is a treat unto itself!) is Patak's Hot Lime Pickle preserve. Oh so yum, I can eat it by the spoonful. Also wonderful with cheese of any sort.
    pataks-hot-lime-pickle.jpg
    lime-pickle.png?v1.200e
    pataks-lime-pickle-2.jpg

Ingredients

Limes (61%), Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Ground, Spices (6%) [Paprika, Chilli (2%), Spices], Acid (Acetic Acid), Cracked Mustard Seed, Cracked Fenugreek Seed, Mustard Powder

These pickled limes are just awesome. I use them to add heat to food, amazing with Indian food, great mixed with tinned tuna, and I even use them as a "salsa" for my celery sticks.

They also do a similar mango hot pickle too, and I think a mixed pickle which I have not tried as I love the mango and lime pickles so much.

Ingredients Hot Mango Pickles

Mangoes (57%), Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Ground Spices (7%) [Paprika, Chilli (2.5%), Spices], Acid (Acetic Acid), Cracked Mustard Seed, Cracked Fenugreek Seed, Mustard Powder
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of hot pickled limes!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    So true @missholls910.