You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh Does it work with any pickle juice? Gherkins, silver onions, onions?

I do happen to really love pickled garlic too. Pickled garlic with olives as a side or a snack tastes just amazing!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yep, works with any pickle juice that you like. My mom used to do this when we were little, I grew up with pickled eggs, lol. In my opinion the stronger, more sour as opposed to sweet pickle juice tastes best with the eggs, but that may be just me. I always loved the larger English style ploughman's lunch pickled onions but I can't do malt vinegar once I realized I was Celiac. I sub ACV & white mixed (since ACV is so expensive).
    august-016-800x533.jpg
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Still Life With Tea. and Tennis Balls?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    :D
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    When you buy some wild rice at the store because you *thought* you read something about it being a good low carb food. When you get home you drop the package reading the insanely high carb content in 1/4 cup. It gets put in the food donation bag for the city food drive. Some people do need a lot of carbs that has some protein in it too. I am not one of them.

Thank goodness I bought cauliflower too so I can have that as my rice.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady - Your daughter is going to end up on MTV: "True Life: I was a Low Carb Mule". ;)

LOL :D
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    How about when you only eat spinach when it has been sauteed in bacon fat?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    You come to parties pre-armed with iced coffee and cream because you know you aren't eating or drinking anything being offered.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    You come to parties pre-armed with iced coffee and cream because you know you aren't eating or drinking anything being offered.

Yes! I am in and out a lot and rather than pack breakfast, lunch or snacks I travels with two travel mugs of BPC.

Last night I forgot my mug and had more sweet things than I should have at a halloween party.... My should have being no treats. LOL
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    http://jamieoliver.com/recipes/member-recipes/recipe-detail/3527/

Now I really want to try out pickled eggs.... I love pickles and I love eggs, so surely that will be an awesome combination right?

Maybe homemade will be better, but I've had storebought ones and wasn't a fan (and I am a FIEND for vinegar in general). The texture of the egg became kinda crumbly and was hella weird.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    When you order a big mac for lunch while out shopping but forget to ask for a fork, so you eat the burger out of the bun bite by bite like a duck eating bread. This was me Sunday.

I get McDouble's without the bun, and they always put them in salad containers. At the drivethru I try to tell them they can put them in the same container, but usually they still come in separate ones and I feel bad for wasting the plastic. :-/
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When you eat ALL the crackling off the roast pork yourself and don't feel bad about it. Yum, I reckon I could eat it everyday.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Laurie6578 wrote: »
    When you are insanely happy to find pre-riced cauliflower in the frozen foods section. :smiley:

where? details please.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Laurie6578 wrote: »
    When you are insanely happy to find pre-riced cauliflower in the frozen foods section. :smiley:

where? details please.

Trader Joe's!
  • cstehansen
    Options
    thanks. I wish there was one closer to me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Someone said they have found it at Target, Sprouts, and Walmart, @cstehansen, but I haven't independently confirmed. Still looking myself.

Edited to add - most of these places have a thing where you can order online and have it shipped to a local store ... worth checking out if they have it, just not where you are...
  • cstehansen
    Options
    Thanks @KnitOrMiss - I see it on the Walmart website and it is showing as in stock at my local store.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Green-Giant-Cauliflower-Riced-Veggies-12-oz/55051621
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Meh, not carried within 50 miles of me, sadly. Glad you found it though!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I keep buying the fresh stuff at Costco but the two of us, just can't eat it before it goes bad. Being fresh and precut the life span is very short. I will check my Sprouts to see if they have it frozen. We do love the cauliflower pizza crust and it is a regular thing on our meal rotations now.