TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    I got 84 of the sumo squats in today. Wasn't even going to try to be under goal today. I had already committed to bringing in donuts and such for halloween. I'll just have to try that much harder the rest of the week. I was saying I would hit it hard come Tuesday though, so this should help!! Did the radio calisthenics this morning and I think that will be an easy one to get in for me and it only took me 6 minutes. Have a good night!!
  • Brittanypomales
    Brittanypomales Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So just a question...how are people racking up so many minutes of exercise a day? I feel like I am doing a lot when I am able to log 2 hours.....

If you notice there is a little tab over minutes in the other teams spread sheet when you hover over it it tells you what that person did. I have seen people log 90 min deep cleaning. I know I am "under" logging and am going to try and be better about it. For instance, today I walked to the supermarket and back. It's only three blocks each way but that is technically minutes as I am moving but it's not something I would normally think of logging.

If this helps any...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    LOVE the challenges this week and how they reflect our destination! These videos are easier for me to follow than the dance ones, since I have NO rhythm. Those squats are going to kill me, but they really are great exercise. I practiced my first 25 in front of my husband so he could check my form, and he ended up doing them with me. :D Happy about the eating challenge, too, since that one will be easy for me. (I've been here on maintenance for over 5 years now, so it's totally normal for me to be right at or below calories each day.) I will have no problem meeting that goal. My sickness seems to be fading fast now, so I should be able to get in some good mileage this week! Woo-hoo! Go team! B)
  • sabreena86
    sabreena86 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hi team two , i'm sorry last week i did't do good , on Saturday i finished the 3 challenges , but i forget to enter the 10 points for the first because i was in a bad situation .. My aunt died on Saturday night, i forget everything , sorry for that
    i'll try to do better this week
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    sabreena86 wrote: »
    hi team two , i'm sorry last week i did't do good , on Saturday i finished the 3 challenges , but i forget to enter the 10 points for the first because i was in a bad situation .. My aunt died on Saturday night, i forget everything , sorry for that
    i'll try to do better this week

So sorry to hear that, Sabreen. You and your family are in my thoughts. Please do not apologize for feeling like you failed us. I try to stress, life happens and every single individual day we just have to do our best. Sticking with it is proof we are committed and headed in the right direction.
  • DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    @sabreena86 so so sorry for your loss!!! don't worry about the points for that!!! Concentrate on yourself and your family!! Big hugs from me x
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Good morning I am happy to say I was able to stay out of the candy last night and one day under was complete. I also started my sumo squats, only getting 10 done. tonight is gym time and hopefully a walk at lunch time.
    @sabreena86 so sorry to hear about your aunt.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    CALLING ALL RACERS! DON'T FORGET TO USE THE OPTIONAL WEIGH-IN SHEET IF YOU'D LIKE!

You can find it under the "Weight Track" Tab on the regular spreadsheet.
    Don't worry if you didn't start during Week One, it will still work for you!

B)
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @sabreen86 I am sorry about your loss. In no way did you let us down. This challenge while against each other, is a friendly challenge and I think we are all winners as long as we do the best we can at that moment with what we have. I have not so great knees and it has been a long time since I have done any kind of squats. I however, have been getting stronger legs (helps the knees) so I am going to try them, if I get them done then that is great, if I don't I know it isn't because I was being lazy. It was because I could only do what I could do at that moment. Does that make sense?

I did my videos this morning and managed to only sneak a couple of pieces of candy, and was excellent on my calories. (I was expecting to eat more candy, but I really didn't want much.)
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    So just a question...how are people racking up so many minutes of exercise a day? I feel like I am doing a lot when I am able to log 2 hours.....

If you notice there is a little tab over minutes in the other teams spread sheet when you hover over it it tells you what that person did. I have seen people log 90 min deep cleaning. I know I am "under" logging and am going to try and be better about it. For instance, today I walked to the supermarket and back. It's only three blocks each way but that is technically minutes as I am moving but it's not something I would normally think of logging.

If this helps any...

I guess that makes sense. I try not to log things that are part of normal life. Only intentional exercise.

I managed to stay under my calorie goal last night and really enjoyed the first run of the new training cycle. I don't do well when I am just maintaining...I need an end goal.

@sabreen86 Sorry to hear about your aunt!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    @sabreen86 I am sorry for your loss!!

Today is a light day for me. Got my run in this morning 33 minutes! I am giving blood after work.....so no more physical activity for me!!

I often wonder if you burn calories replenishing your blood supply?!? I like to think I do!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

If this helps any...

I typically don't log my everyday things either. As a rule I only log exercise. I think it's a great idea to comment what we are logging, so I have started this week doing so as well! It will help me keep better track as I don't log until I am done all activity.

And I forgot about my two challenges that I started today...so I added another 10 minutes!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Team - in regards to the ever present question of what to log, I think we need to be safe and stay above board even though it may be tempting to start logging more things due to other teams having so many minutes. I actually set my fitness tracker whenever I am going to be logging something for this challenge or for my diary. I count any time I mow the lawn because I actually had my husband buy us a self propelled lawn mower so that I could do that for extra exercise and in an effort to help him out. I try to walk our trashcan out on Sunday just to get exercise. However, I only count this if I am doing it in conjunction with something else I will be tracking because it only takes 3-5 minutes, I think. There was a lot of discussion about this on the Q&A thread and below is some of the snippets from some of the discussion:

Everything outside your normal routine counts, including all forms of exercise, walking your dog or even vigorously gardening or cleaning the house.

Realistically, it doesn't sound like it's being done for exercise, anymore than going to Disneyland would be. How much will you be recording in your log as exercise? If you were in a dead heat for 1st place, what would you gladly accept from from an opposing team member? Claim what you honestly feel is fair, since I'm sure some of it will be strenuous, and out of the ordinary

You're right, but with those two examples I wouldn't count the entire time, and it should be more for "extreme" housework and gardening, not the usual maintenance stuff. It's all very subjective...I would go more with "what are YOU willing to accept from your (west coast) competition" at zero hour.

I am not sure if this has been asked yet, but does vigourous house cleaning count? I wouldn't count my everyday cleaning and such, but I had a day of pretty intense house cleaning, moving furniture and scrubbing floors.

If your day was an unusual occurrence and if you would count it as "exercise" in your MFP diary even if you weren't in any type of challenge, then YES, do count it! Just remember to subtract any down time, such as coffee breaks, texting fun, phone calls, that sort of thing.

Hope this helps in some of the decision making process!! :smiley:
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This week is probably going to be a piece of cake for me, I love doing Sumo Squats or just squats in general. And I have made myself a challenge to get in 10k steps everyday for the month of November so that starts today and I will be walking in place any chance I get during meetings for work.

Sumo Squats: 65 down/75 to go
    Exercise: 41 minutes
    Videos: Still need to complete
    Under Cal Goal Days: 1 down/4 to go

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @Joanna2012B I read somewhere (So not sure how accurate it is) you burn about 600 calories when you donate blood.

It is hard to decide what is exercise. I added in some of trick or treating. Only about a third of the time. I was sure to walk all the way to the door at each house and back down with the kids, but even then there is still some standing around.

@raasy the videos are supposed to be done over 5 days, not all at once. I just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't realized that.

Going walking during my lunch here in about 40 minutes.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    ...I totally agree let's keep it above board whatever is out of the ordinary we log just like our captain suggest
    Honesty is the best policy. Keep it real...

I agree. I'm proud of the exercise I log. Personally, I don't think I could bring myself to log cheesy stuff like day-to-day chores, walking across the parking lot to my car, or counting up all the times I get up from my desk and walk to the bathroom, or whatever other things people may be logging (that I would call normal activity.) I would only count dedicated, purposeful activity. If I logged everyday activities, I'd feel like I was cheating myself. And if that means that running 7 miles in the hills ends up earning me fewer points than someone shopping for groceries, doing dishes and folding laundry, then I guess that's just the way it is. I'm sure everyone has their own definition of personal fitness, and what's physically challenging to me may not be so to the next person. That's cool. I can live with it. I just hope that everyone is doing their best and doing it with the best of intentions. If this was a life and death competition, I might have a problem with it, but it's not, so I'm just gonna roll with it. ;):)B)

P.S. I think I <3 Sumo squats! My new favorite!
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I did well yesterday and I'm proud that I was able to control myself around the Halloween candy. I allowed myself one Almond Joy (my favorite). I went to the gym before work knowing I wouldn't be able to get anything done last night, stayed within my calorie goal yesterday and did several of the radio taiso videos yesterday (I still need to do a couple of them today). The hardest piece for me is this week is staying below my calorie goal but it is the perfect challenge for me as I need/want to do this. I also watched the videos about Kyoto while doing some active stretching before the trick or treaters arrived.

Maybe tonight I'll start the sumo squats...